PDA

View Full Version : LF: hand rail for front steps

aragingbull
02-04-2015, 07:53 PM
I'm looking for a handrail that will be installed onto the front steps on the house. My folks are getting up there in age and are having a challenging time going up and down 2 steps. Iron would be great.

Would anyone have one to sell or know where or who can manufacture a piece? I checked home depot, lowes already.

Thanks.

roopi
02-04-2015, 08:03 PM
There are alot of people in town that do custom iron railings. Might not be the solution for you if you are looking for something inexpensive though. If you google 'exterior railing stairs calgary' you'll get a couple of results.

sr20s14zenki
02-04-2015, 08:15 PM
You can pm me if you like. I could probably throw something together that's nice. It wont be as cheap as home depot, but you get what you pay for. Itll fit, and itll outlast the house. Im a steel fabricator. Its what i do for a living. Things are kinda slow right now, so im sure i can squeeze it in.

aragingbull
04-02-2015, 11:07 AM
An update on the handrail i was seeking..., in case anyone wanted something built.

Evan, sr20s14zenki, did a great job with the handrail i was seeking for the house.

After a few messages and pics of what i wanted, he sent back a design which was close to what I had in mind. He came out and took measurements, gave an estimate and provided a CAD drawing next day. We came to an agreement on the design, finish and final cost; within weeks, it was ready for install. Along the way, he provided updates and pics of the project. Evan came out and completed the installation - it was exactly as we had discussed. The final cost was very reasonable as well.

We are in discussion on another project. I would recommend beyonders to contact him for this type of work.