PDA

View Full Version : My pitch was finally posted to the Dragon's Den website

cornelius85
02-05-2015, 05:53 PM
While my pitch didn't make the main show but every week they post an extra pitch online only and my pitch made it onto the website this morning. So excited to finally be able to post about it and hope everyone enjoys it.

It was such a great experience and being a huge fan of the show it was huge for me to be able to present to them. To say I wasn't nervous was an understatement, but finding out weeks before the taping that Kevin was no longer part of the show made it a little easier.

Hope you guys enjoy, and please make sure to follow me on Facebook and Twitter. My website also has been upgraded to add online ordering that is integrated with Canada Post which makes ordering a real breeze.

Im not sure how to embed here as it isn't a youtube video but here is the link to it.
http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/Shows/Dragons'%20Den/ID/2652147710/

Thanks for looking guys

Greg West
http://www.cornelsworld.com
http://www.facebook.com/cornelsworld
http://www.twitter.com/cornelsworld

A790
02-05-2015, 05:59 PM
Great pitch, Greg!

thinmyster
02-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Congrats!

Jeeper1986
02-05-2015, 06:14 PM
wow that was awesome and u got a deal!!! shark tank looks more tense then the dragons den :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dj_rice
02-05-2015, 06:23 PM
Congrats.

Kloubek
02-05-2015, 06:32 PM
Way to go man. You're lucky Kevin was replaced - it didn't seem like the other Dragons were that interested. Good luck on your business.

Nice ninja edit, dj_rice. You must have gone back and watched the video again. :)

shakalaka
02-05-2015, 07:13 PM
Well done man, congrats! Great pitch and I am glad it worked out for you. I hope your business achieves great success. Your kid is super cute, wish you all the best!

3drian
02-05-2015, 07:54 PM
Great job!! congrats on the deal and best of luck in the future!
too bad it was not aired, the free exposure would have been nice.
I do not like reptiles myself, but I do know some people that do, Ill make sure to share your video on facebook.

sabad66
02-05-2015, 09:14 PM
Nice job! Best of luck expanding

takkyu
02-05-2015, 09:28 PM
That's awesome. Congratulations and best of luck going forward!

JaffX
02-05-2015, 10:26 PM
Congrats and nice pitch!

raceman6135
02-05-2015, 10:38 PM
:thumbsup:

johnlennon
02-05-2015, 10:49 PM
My old roommates friend, banged Arlene at a bar years ago.

roopi
02-05-2015, 10:50 PM
Awesome! Glad to see you got a deal and it was with Michael. He seems to be the most interesting dragon on the on the show with the deals he makes. Also I'm terrified of spiders. :barf:

firebane
02-05-2015, 11:08 PM
Wow dude well done! Couldn't have picked a better business idea with the guy who liked you lol.

cornelius85
02-05-2015, 11:10 PM
Thanks guys. Hopefully it gets the exposure. Most people dont even realize that they post extra pitches only online.

Thats funny Roopi

jeffh
02-05-2015, 11:45 PM
Good job! I'm surprised they don't put your pitch on the regular tv show.

Anyways, I noticed you mentioned Reptile Expos during the pitch. Care to share when, and where these expos are in Calgary? Seems to me it would be a fun thing to go and check out around town some time.

Deetz
02-06-2015, 12:02 AM
Very cool to watch your pitch, congrats!

max_boost
02-06-2015, 01:27 AM
Wow good job man!!!

MGCM
02-06-2015, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by johnlennon
My old roommates friend, banged Arlene at a bar years ago.

mmmmm cougar:devil: :bigpimp:

cornelius85
02-06-2015, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by jeffh
Good job! I'm surprised they don't put your pitch on the regular tv show.

Anyways, I noticed you mentioned Reptile Expos during the pitch. Care to share when, and where these expos are in Calgary? Seems to me it would be a fun thing to go and check out around town some time.

The first one of the year is the first weekend of May at the Midsun community centre. The biggest one in Western Canada is the 3rd Weekend in August in Red Deer that myself and a friend put on. The shows are awesome and a great place for great deals on everything reptile.

Hope to see you there.

Greg

Feruk
02-06-2015, 09:16 AM
Congrats. It's not often someone gets more than they're asking for so easily. Then again you also didn't ask fro an outrageous valuation like some people.

darthVWader
02-06-2015, 10:28 AM
Congrats!!!!! Would love to hear about the process after the handshake.

cornelius85
02-06-2015, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by darthVWader
Congrats!!!!! Would love to hear about the process after the handshake.

I'm checking into what I am allowed to say and what I can't say at this point. I was going to post what happened to my page in November when I thought it wasn't going to air and they were quick to remind me I couldn't reveal anything for 4 years. I'm not sure if it matters now though that it has been posted.

Justing
02-06-2015, 10:56 AM
Awesome pitch Greg!
Congrats on the amazing deal!!! :clap:

I'll like and share on facebook.

legendboy
02-06-2015, 11:01 AM
Congrats on your deal!

What machine are you looking to get into, cnc router?

klumsy_tumbler
02-06-2015, 11:26 AM
Congrats! I think I'll have to stop by the expo in Red Deer and see your stuff for myself! :thumbsup:

cycosis
02-06-2015, 12:15 PM
Congrats man! My terrarium that I bought from you years ago still works great!

anarchy
02-06-2015, 12:31 PM
Congrats Greg! Great pitch and even better that you got a nice deal too. Well done!

Kobe
02-06-2015, 01:46 PM
Really cool man, Goodjob!

Liked the facebook page, really makes me interested in reptiles now haha

98type_r
02-06-2015, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
Congrats on your deal!

I'm pretty sure he picked one up in the last couple of months, saw some of his project, pretty cool stuff that router can do.

cornelius85
02-06-2015, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
Congrats on your deal!

I bought an AXYZ 5008 6X8 CNC ROUTER with vacuum hold down and an auto tool changer. It Is an awesome machine and has been put to good use already. In addition to all the caging I have been doing I have done a bunch of subcontract cutting for many different projects from signage to show jumping barriers, furniture parts for fat burger, and just did templates for boat parts. Definitely keeps the days interesting seeing all these different jobs

egmilano
02-06-2015, 09:15 PM
good luck ! :clap:

Seth1968
02-06-2015, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by cornelius85
Thanks guys. Hopefully it gets the exposure. Most people dont even realize that they post extra pitches only online.

Like me.

Anyway, well done!

Say hi to Willy Wonka for me:)

nismodrifter
02-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Congrats!!!

FixedGear
02-07-2015, 05:24 PM
"This content is currently unavailable."

I can't watch it in US apparently. C'mon CBC, why in the fuck are you restricting your videos from playing outside Canada. That's the dumbest fucking thing you've ever done (and you've done some stupid shit).

statick
02-08-2015, 09:23 AM
Congratulations Greg! Well done and all the best to you in the future.

legendboy
02-08-2015, 11:28 AM

I bought an AXYZ 5008 6X8 CNC ROUTER with vacuum hold down and an auto tool changer. It Is an awesome machine and has been put to good use already. In addition to all the caging I have been doing I have done a bunch of subcontract cutting for many different projects from signage to show jumping barriers, furniture parts for fat burger, and just did templates for boat parts. Definitely keeps the days interesting seeing all these different jobs

Nice router, that's awesome you can job shop a bit too

I will keep you in mind

C_Dave45
02-08-2015, 11:47 AM
Awesome job Greg, congrats!!! Thank you for posting your pitch. I watch every episode of this show and am very surprised they didn't include this in one of their shows. Great pitch, your daughter was very poised and a pleasure to listen to. Great entertainment. I can't believe they chose the one pitch from the idiot that had a prototype cel phone cover that could start a fire, and not yours.

I would love to see how much goes on behind the scenes during these shows. Please keep us updated as your biz progresses.

I might be interested in subbing you to cut out some poker table frames for me.

BerserkerCatSplat
02-27-2015, 12:11 PM
If anyone is interested, Greg is doing an AMA session over on Reddit right now. (http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2xd9n6/hey_reddit_my_name_is_greg_west_and_i_am_the/)

cornelius85
04-07-2015, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
Awesome job Greg, congrats!!! Thank you for posting your pitch. I watch every episode of this show and am very surprised they didn't include this in one of their shows. Great pitch, your daughter was very poised and a pleasure to listen to. Great entertainment. I can't believe they chose the one pitch from the idiot that had a prototype cel phone cover that could start a fire, and not yours.

I would love to see how much goes on behind the scenes during these shows. Please keep us updated as your biz progresses.

I might be interested in subbing you to cut out some poker table frames for me.

Weird I just got notification of some of these replies now. I can for sure cut frames for you. I have done some cool cutting lately for so many different fields. I just did a piece for a set for AMC's Hell on Wheels. I am going to have to check the show out now. Anything with weird shapes or curves there is no better way to cut them out than on a CNC.

cornelius85
04-07-2015, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
If anyone is interested, Greg is doing an AMA session over on Reddit right now. (http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2xd9n6/hey_reddit_my_name_is_greg_west_and_i_am_the/)

Thanks for linking to my Reddit AMA. It got way more responses than I thought I would and I was trending on the main page for a while which was pretty cool. I actually had more hits on my website from the Reddit AMA than I did directly from the CBC website which was crazy.

riander5
04-07-2015, 04:49 PM
May I suggested changing the name of the 'herpstat'

cornelius85
04-07-2015, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by riander5
Haha. Not a great name for sure, but in the reptile world, reptiles are known as Herps so it goes hand in hand. Also it is just a product I sell, so I have no say in what they call it.

BerserkerCatSplat
04-07-2015, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by riander5

Herpstat is pretty much the best name for a snake stat that there is.

C_Dave45
04-09-2015, 06:31 PM

Weird I just got notification of some of these replies now. I can for sure cut frames for you. I have done some cool cutting lately for so many different fields. I just did a piece for a set for AMC's Hell on Wheels. I am going to have to check the show out now. Anything with weird shapes or curves there is no better way to cut them out than on a CNC.

Cool, good to know.
Did you get to meet Chad Oakes? (Producer from Calgary) It's an awesome show!!! I did some tilework for Chad, but never got to meet him (just his hot sister) and never got to get some swag from the show from him. Bummer.

NoPulp
04-09-2015, 06:48 PM
Late to the game, but awesome pitch and great job on your business so far!