PDA

View Full Version : nanoarmor

jesterme2007
02-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Looks interesting

http://www.nanoarmor.com.my./product/titanium-anti-scratch

The very best for your car! All-exterior anti-scratch protection of up to 9H* (upgradable to 12H on-demand). This covers your body paint, windscreen, headlights, rims & tyres, chrome areas and bumpers. We will also apply the long-lasting water beading coating on your windscreens and headlights. All in all, you get 3 complete* layers of coating (4 layers if you upgrade to 12H hardness). You also get the very necessary Nano Air Sterilizer & Revitalizer to avoid “sick-car” syndrome (long-lasting effectiveness, about 1 year). We will clean your engine compartment (dry cleaning, no worries!) and your car’s interior. Generally, we’ll need 1.5 days to complete a car – 1 full day to perfect the car and apply 2 layers of coating and another half day to complete the final layer. After that, you will never need to do any costly “maintenance” to keep the car look spanking new and shining. Just wash and enjoy! We provide 5 years warranty for this package.

* Number of layers may be interpreted differently in the market. E.g. number of layers of our Ultimate Armor Coat can be calculated as much as 21 layers in the market. Or a "7-layer coating" in the market is equivalent to 1 complete layer of coating to us.

ExtraSlow
02-08-2015, 08:08 AM
Maybe one of the professional detailers can chime in here, but isn't there something like this already. I'll admit to being an uneducated consumer, but I got some shit-hot coating on my van, and to be honest, it sounds about the same.
- Nano tech - check
- Harder than paint - check
- makes cleaning easier - check.

:dunno:

sneek
02-08-2015, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Maybe one of the professional detailers can chime in here, but isn't there something like this already. I'll admit to being an uneducated consumer, but I got some shit-hot coating on my van, and to be honest, it sounds about the same.
- Nano tech - check
- Harder than paint - check
- makes cleaning easier - check.

:dunno:

:rofl: That is because you're completely correct. The differences between the top coatings on the market are pretty minor IMO. OptiCoat/Guard/Gloss-Coat (What you have on your van) and Gtechniq are probably the top coatings on the market right now. Both offer great protection from scratches as they are harder than paint and both of them last quite a long time. I applied OptiCoat 2.0 roughly 2 years ago and I can tell it is starting to loose its effects now.

I have never heard of NanoArmor and I am skeptical that it is as amazing as they say. Even if it is a real product, I also doubt the average consumer would be able to tell the difference between NanoArmor and the other popular coatings.

rlim891
08-28-2015, 10:16 PM
Paint protection coatings is actually applying a thin layer of quartz on the paint work.

It's all about the level of Silica in them.

9H pencil hardness is currently the best in the industry with only Opti-coat and CS-II Titanium coating achieving it.

Coatings have gone a long way and is pretty much replacing wax and polymers.

Simply because of the durability, hardness, gloss and hydrophobic surface that it creates.

Hydrophobic is the big thing right now. Having a vehicle that sheets off water, extremely less bugs and easy to clean is an advantage.

And last but not least the thickness it adds to your paint work.

jacky4566
08-28-2015, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by sneek

:rofl: That is because you're completely correct. The differences between the top coatings on the market are pretty minor IMO. OptiCoat/Guard/Gloss-Coat (What you have on your van) and Gtechniq are probably the top coatings on the market right now.

Totally read that as Ghettotech. Must be drunk on a friday..

rlim891
08-29-2015, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by sneek

I applied OptiCoat 2.0 roughly 2 years ago and I can tell it is starting to loose its effects now.

I have never heard of NanoArmor and I am skeptical that it is as amazing as they say. Even if it is a real product, I also doubt the average consumer would be able to tell the difference between NanoArmor and the other popular coatings.

Able to get 2 years on Opticoat 2.0 is quite good already since it's a consumer line.

NanoArmor is a real product in malaysia. However being able to resist a scratch as indicated on their youtube video...this i'm unsure of.

The most I have seen on coatings is actually able to withstand high temperature heat! A 50/50 hood set on fire.
Clear coat ctotally melted on the untreated side and smooth like silk on the treated side.

HiSpec
08-30-2015, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by rlim891
Paint protection coatings is actually applying a thin layer of quartz on the paint work.

It's all about the level of Silica in them.

9H pencil hardness is currently the best in the industry with only Opti-coat and CS-II Titanium coating achieving it.

Coatings have gone a long way and is pretty much replacing wax and polymers.

Simply because of the durability, hardness, gloss and hydrophobic surface that it creates.

Hydrophobic is the big thing right now. Having a vehicle that sheets off water, extremely less bugs and easy to clean is an advantage.

And last but not least the thickness it adds to your paint work.

I'd say Crystal Serum has an edge over the mentioned products. To be fair, it is only available as a certified Gtechniq technician.

rlim891
08-30-2015, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by HiSpec

I'd say Crystal Serum has an edge over the mentioned products. To be fair, it is only available as a certified Gtechniq technician.

Crystal Serum is GTechniq's professional line.
It should be compared with Opti-Coat Pro Plus and Cquartz Finest.
It doesn't produce the gloss that Finest gives but it's warranty is much better then Finest. As well as Serum doesn't use 3rd party resin.

CS-II Titanium is more superior in terms of Gloss, thickness (Crystal Serum is 1-2um while Titanium is 67um) and warranty (up to 10 years)

Only downside is CS-II is new to Canada so it still has alot of marketing and stuff to do....

Feel free to check Intro page created by Richard Lin (sHOWCARDETAILING)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/991878550843967/1015812495117239/

carson blocks
09-23-2015, 03:31 PM
I was always under the impression from my time working at car dealers that 'permanent' paint protection was a scam. Can any of these products actually make an almost black vehicle not look like ass after the first week? Where in Calgary is a good place to get this done? Approximate cost?

HiSpec
09-23-2015, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by carson blocks
I was always under the impression from my time working at car dealers that 'permanent' paint protection was a scam. Can any of these products actually make an almost black vehicle not look like ass after the first week? Where in Calgary is a good place to get this done? Approximate cost?

Nano coating has been in the market for many many years. I believe it all started with Optimum Coating. But someone please correct me if this isn't true.

Nano coating can reduce the chance of 'love marks' from improper hand washing. It also reduce the chance of embedding environmental containment into the paint. Simply making the paint much easier to maintain.

Of course, if you use the brush at coin-op car wash it will have a chance to mar the coating because of the embedded rocks or other hard particles. Remember, no coating on the market is 'anti' scratch. Only scratch resistant.

Jed at Mobile Reflection is a reputable place in Calgary to have the coating applied. The cost varies depending on how much prep work is required before applying the coating. A well prepped paint is the key to the final product.

carson blocks
09-23-2015, 08:14 PM

Jed at Mobile Reflection is a reputable place in Calgary to have the coating applied. The cost varies depending on how much prep work is required before applying the coating. A well prepped paint is the key to the final product.

Thanks for the info, I'll give him a call. It's a brand new truck, and special order so it hasn't been sitting around for a year, hopefully the paint won't need too much work before coating.

Euro838
10-06-2015, 09:14 AM
Anyone know where you can buy these products locally? Or even within Canada.

AutoObsessed
10-18-2015, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Euro838
Anyone know where you can buy these products locally? Or even within Canada.

Auto Obsessed sells 3 top brands in Nano Coatings and has been installing them for approximately 3 years.

CarPro Cquartz Line (http://autoobsessed.com/shop/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=carpro+cquartz)

Optimum Gloss Coat and Glass Coat (http://autoobsessed.com/shop/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Optimum+coat)

Gtechniq EXO (http://autoobsessed.com/shop/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=gtechniq+exo)

Gtechniq C1 (http://autoobsessed.com/shop/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=gtechniq+c1)

Note: Gtechniq Crystal Serum, CarPro Finest, Optimum Opti-Coat Pro are professional applied products only and can only be sold to and applied by accredited installers

CarPro full line of products (http://autoobsessed.com/shop/carpro-m-88.html)

Gtechniq full line of products (http://autoobsessed.com/shop/gtechniq-m-81.html)

Optimum full line of products (http://autoobsessed.com/shop/optimum-m-33.html)

Any questions please call us at 780-229-0732

rlim891
11-23-2015, 11:21 PM

Jed has started using CS-II line of coatings.

At SEMA this year and we are confident in saying that CS-II Titanium coating out performs the major coating manufactures out there.

in terms of thickness, durability, slickness and smoothness.

www.cs2usa.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cs2usa/

heavyD
11-24-2015, 01:05 PM
I get my cars Opti Coated by the detailer at Davenport Motorsports.

rlim891
11-24-2015, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

OCP+ is good but in terms of gloss, slickness and durability...its still not quite there.

heavyD
11-25-2015, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by rlim891

OCP+ is good but in terms of gloss, slickness and durability...its still not quite there.

Still nothing else lasts longer. I don't believe CQuartz looks that much better that it's worth going to a coating that may last two years if you are lucky and the car was meticulously prepped prior to application. The gloss isn't as good or deep as a fresh carnuba wax but the trade off is that it lasts years not weeks/months. A lot of people that think their Opti Coat has worn off when it's just that they have allowed too much surface contamination to build up over it. You have to iron x your car after every winter and use a mild clay bar over it and it will look like the day it was Opti Coated. The FST is the 4th car I have have Opti Coated so I'm very knowledgeable about it and can apply it myself it's just that Opti-Coat Pro is extremely hard to get your hands on (I did once) because dealers won't sell it to you and in my experience Opti Coat 2.0 isn't nearly as durable or long lasting. That said I still apply Opti Coat 2.0 to the wheels of my cars since I still have a tube left.

rlim891
11-25-2015, 11:14 PM

Still nothing else lasts longer. I don't believe CQuartz looks that much better that it's worth going to a coating that may last two years if you are lucky and the car was meticulously prepped prior to application. The gloss isn't as good or deep as a fresh carnuba wax but the trade off is that it lasts years not weeks/months. A lot of people that think their Opti Coat has worn off when it's just that they have allowed too much surface contamination to build up over it. You have to iron x your car after every winter and use a mild clay bar over it and it will look like the day it was Opti Coated. The FST is the 4th car I have have Opti Coated so I'm very knowledgeable about it and can apply it myself it's just that Opti-Coat Pro is extremely hard to get your hands on (I did once) because dealers won't sell it to you and in my experience Opti Coat 2.0 isn't nearly as durable or long lasting. That said I still apply Opti Coat 2.0 to the wheels of my cars since I still have a tube left.

Your right, none of the consumer line products will actually last long.
OCP and OCP+ are the professional line that needs to be done through certain detailers.
For any coating to "last" the main and most important thing is prep!
Coatings will not bond well if there's still silicone or oil left behind from polishing/wax/sealant.

Opticoat 2.0 never had the gloss, which is why Optimum introduced Opti Gloss.

CS-II professional line of coatings are not easy to apply. It contains over 80% of SIo2, which means it gets very grabby once it touches paint.

Send me a PM, i'll be than happy to let you try our Nano-1 coatings.
Nano1 is not a professional line but it will definitely outperforms what you see on the selves as well as OCP.

94boosted
12-07-2015, 11:37 AM
Man I must be behind on this stuff. I, like carson blocks was always under the impression from my days working as a detailer that Paint Protection Coatings were a bit of a sham and that a good quality synthetic wax applied every 4 months or so is the best way to protect the finish.

You guys are saying I can apply something like Opti Coat for $30 (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-coat.html) and not have to worry for ~2 years assuming proper prep (clay bar + polish + cleaner) :confused:

How much better is this stuff than a good quality wax applied a few times a year? Can it be applied over the areas that have a 3M/Expel Clear Bra? How difficult is the application, could a novice like me apply as easily as wax?

heavyD if you don't mind me asking what do you pay @ Davenport to get it done? Assuming you got it done when the car was new and required minor prep.

rlim891
01-04-2016, 11:49 AM
How much better is this stuff than a good quality wax applied a few times a year? Can it be applied over the areas that have a 3M/Expel Clear Bra? How difficult is the application, could a novice like me apply as easily as wax?

It depends on the type of coating. Some of the premium coatings offer a luster, slickness and gloss that is even better than wax.

Applying over PPF is good because it will help reduce bug etching and makes washing easier.