02-09-2015, 06:39 AM
OrlLcb7zYmw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrlLcb7zYmw

03ozwhip
02-09-2015, 07:31 AM
I can't wait to see this.

rage2
02-09-2015, 08:39 AM
I've been waiting for this for over a decade. About fucking time!

D'z Nutz
02-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Holy fuck!! I can't wait! I kinda grinned at seeing Paul Giamatti as Jerry Heller haha

rage2
02-09-2015, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Holy fuck!! I can't wait! I kinda grinned at seeing Paul Giamatti as Jerry Heller haha
haha yea, Pig Vomit is perfect for that role lol.

eglove
02-09-2015, 09:40 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pf0sh0
02-09-2015, 10:05 AM
cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

beecue
02-09-2015, 10:07 AM
That looks so sick.

sputnik
02-09-2015, 01:54 PM
Did I just watch a commercial for a Chrysler 300C?

I REALLY want to like this. I just fear that it might just be a vanity project for Dre and Ice Cube where they are re-writing history and not just telling their side of the story.

I suspect they won't be covering the World Class Wrecking Cru days.

Efew5whKxyc

dgAVZTxM5qQ

FixedGear
02-09-2015, 02:54 PM
^no way they could ever do that, it would counter the whole story dre has been trying to convince us of for the last 30 years :rofl:

Hallowed_point
02-09-2015, 03:06 PM
I'm really excited for this one. If it's anything like New Jack City, Boyz n the Hood, Menace 2 Society I'll be ecstatic :thumbsup:

jdmsource
02-09-2015, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
I'm really excited for this one. If it's anything like New Jack City, Boyz n the Hood, Menace 2 Society I'll be ecstatic :thumbsup:

My thoughts exactly! But i have a feeling it will not live up to those movies :(

ArjayAquino
02-09-2015, 03:12 PM
pretty cool that ice cube's son is playing him.

Manhattan
02-09-2015, 03:17 PM
Chrysler commercial for sure. Dre and Cube both sold out (not blaming them). But neither of them has made anything worthwhile in over 10 years and that includes Beats headphones.

lasimmon
02-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Manhattan
Chrysler commercial for sure. Dre and Cube both sold out (not blaming them). But neither of them has made anything worthwhile in over 10 years and that includes Beats headphones.

I don't know. Cube was pretty hilarious in the Jump Street movies.

Manhattan
02-09-2015, 03:40 PM
Cube had a promising movie career at one point...Boyz n the Hood, Three Kings, etc. But he's been reduced to playing the same angry black man in small supporting roles. Doesn't really matter because he's not in this movie.

J.M.
02-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Cube had a promising movie career at one point...Boyz n the Hood, Three Kings, etc. But he's been reduced to playing the same angry black man in small supporting roles. Doesn't really matter because he's not in this movie.

I've been hoping Cube would finish up the "Last Friday" movie but looks like it'll never happen.

rage2
02-09-2015, 04:05 PM
Come on... are we there yet is an instant classic. I'm still waiting for Ice Cube to wrap it up as a trilogy with a 3rd film. :rofl:

JAYMEZ
02-09-2015, 05:15 PM
Im excited

fiveowed
02-09-2015, 05:19 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/260/746/836.jpg

Phuqu
02-10-2015, 02:54 AM
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/fly-sugar-bowl-table-40540614.jpg

BigMass
02-10-2015, 08:36 AM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/85/85afea79af4a2843f1f4e4a627e0922c85cd9a801b7e1152e683361fd0e05470.jpg

beecue
08-16-2015, 01:28 AM
Movie was pretty awesome. I think I'm going to check it out again.

jampack
08-16-2015, 04:45 AM
I want to see this. I just don't know if wife can relate. lol

Shlade
08-16-2015, 04:48 AM
Yeah this movie was awesome.

I think Eazy e's character was awesomely played. Ice Cubes son for sure made his pops proud doing as amazing as he did in that role.

taemo
08-16-2015, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Come on... are we there yet is an instant classic. I'm still waiting for Ice Cube to wrap it up as a trilogy with a 3rd film. :rofl:

isn't Friday a trilogy already?
Friday, Next Friday and Friday After Next or are you referring to another movie?

i want to see this movie but doubt my wife can relate to it either so may just have to wait once it's out on BR :(

D'z Nutz
08-16-2015, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by taemo

isn't Friday a trilogy already?
Friday, Next Friday and Friday After Next or are you referring to another movie?

i want to see this movie but doubt my wife can relate to it either so may just have to wait once it's out on BR :(

He's talking about

http://cdn.miramax.com/media/assets/are_we_there_yet_500x733_v2_approved.jpg

and

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/30/Are_we_done_yetmp.jpg

03ozwhip
08-16-2015, 09:41 AM
I watched the movie at Chinook yesterday afternoon at 1230 and the place was packed. It was like my youth jumped out at me, I remember so many things that they did and wasn't surprised by the other things that were portrayed..

I loved the movie, they could have kept it going with a lot more I thought, but it was already 2.5 hours long.

heinz256
08-16-2015, 11:14 AM
Went to see this at Chinook at 10:30 last night. Good times when a fight almost broke out during the movie when buddy was chirping and someone else told him to shut the fuck up haha. Security came and took the first guy away when he got all worked up and walked across the theatre to find guy who told him to stfu. Best part was everyone in the theatre got a free movie voucher afterwards haha.

beecue
08-16-2015, 11:58 AM
fJuapp9SORA

It's too bad that wasn't in it.

taemo
08-16-2015, 02:34 PM

He's talking about

http://cdn.miramax.com/media/assets/are_we_there_yet_500x733_v2_approved.jpg

and

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/30/Are_we_done_yetmp.jpg

oh ROFL, you know rage2's lifestyle has changed when he's now into family movies and SUVs :rofl:

for me best Ice Cube movie is All about the benjamins

turbotrip
08-16-2015, 03:07 PM
I think he meant the 4th Friday movie which is still supposed to come out

Dertz
08-17-2015, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
I watched the movie at Chinook yesterday afternoon at 1230 and the place was packed. It was like my youth jumped out at me, I remember so many things that they did and wasn't surprised by the other things that were portrayed..

I loved the movie, they could have kept it going with a lot more I thought, but it was already 2.5 hours long.

Originally posted by beecue
fJuapp9SORA

It's too bad that wasn't in it.

I was there last night at 7 and it was packed as well, good to see.

I agree, they could have easily kept going. Gone into Aftermath. Expanded on the G funk era. More stories form the road.

My friend said the same thing, where was real mothaphucking g's?

Def could watch again.

Getting fucked by a jew no vaseline

D'z Nutz
08-17-2015, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip
I think he meant the 4th Friday movie which is still supposed to come out

Do you even know what trilogy means?

rage2
08-17-2015, 12:44 PM
My reply was in response to Manhattan claiming Dre and in particular, Ice Cube not making anything worthwhile in 10 years. I made a joke about Ice Cube's shitty movies, as noted by my :rofl: smiley, which everyone seems to have interpreted all weird.

Anyways, watched it last night, great movie, and yup, could have been 1-2 hours longer with more stuff.

One question that I brought up this morning, years ago I remember either Ice Cube or Dre dissing the other for not visiting Eazy-E on his deathbed. But recent interviews with both claims they met each other in the hospital, with Dre being in there, and Ice Cube not going in because he was in a coma so there's no point. There's old articles talking about a radio interview where Ice Cube says he's waiting for a call when E woke up so he can visit.

Does anyone remember any of this from when Eazy E died? Are they trying to rewrite history or am I remembering wrong?

max_boost
08-17-2015, 01:25 PM
Great movie.

D'z Nutz
08-17-2015, 01:36 PM
One question that I brought up this morning, years ago I remember either Ice Cube or Dre dissing the other for not visiting Eazy-E on his deathbed. But recent interviews with both claims they met each other in the hospital, with Dre being in there, and Ice Cube not going in because he was in a coma so there's no point. There's old articles talking about a radio interview where Ice Cube says he's waiting for a call when E woke up so he can visit.

Does anyone remember any of this from when Eazy E died? Are they trying to rewrite history or am I remembering wrong?

I don't know if we're talking about the same thing but I seem to remember Yella being pissed off with the other guys for not attending Eazy's funeral. I always got the impression Yella was fiercely loyal to Eazy while everything was falling apart and after he died.

rage2
08-17-2015, 01:51 PM
I don't know if we're talking about the same thing but I seem to remember Yella being pissed off with the other guys for not attending Eazy's funeral. I always got the impression Yella was fiercely loyal to Eazy while everything was falling apart and after he died.
No, I knew about that one. This was about seeing E at the hospital while he was barely alive.

It was odd that only Yella showed up at the funeral.

mr2mike
08-17-2015, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by taemo

for me best Ice Cube movie is All about the benjamins

3 Kings.

rage2
08-17-2015, 03:10 PM
Boyz n the Hood for me. Diamond in the rough performance as Doughboy, grittier and more real than his later polished acting performances imo.

Pacman
08-17-2015, 04:01 PM
I can remember going down to the Attic on 8th Ave in 1988 and buying Straight Outta Compton and Eazy Duz It on record. Each album was $40, which was ridiculously expensive for the time.

Does the movie have the D.O.C in it?

npham
08-17-2015, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Pacman
I can remember going down to the Attic on 8th Ave in 1988 and buying Straight Outta Compton and Eazy Duz It on record. Each album was $40, which was ridiculously expensive for the time.

Does the movie have the D.O.C in it?

Yea he's in it. Not tons of screen time though.

flipstah
08-17-2015, 07:50 PM
Good movie. Would watch again because I was sitting near commentators hating on Jerry and wondering what a cassette tape was.

MC REN!

Felicia!

03ozwhip
08-17-2015, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
Good movie. Would watch again because I was sitting near commentators hating on Jerry and wondering what a cassette tape was.

MC REN!

Felicia!

Loved the Felicia bit. People who saw friday would get the reference lol

Dertz
08-18-2015, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

MC REN!

Felicia!

Shit I was hating on Jerry. I told my homie, classic, there is always a fat jew exploiting a boy band. Making them tour and keeping all the dough. THATS BUSINESS.

I love how he repeats himself, crying, giving the sob story.

I do want to go watch it again.
Eazy was dope.

Tezzating
08-18-2015, 09:36 AM
But does it have Arabian Prince in it, back wit' a style that's hype? One thats not slow and low, but the fast type?

http://images2.phoenixnewtimes.com/imager/u/original/6588580/posse_pic_arabianprince.jpg

hurrdurr
08-18-2015, 12:17 PM
Good Movie!

I'd like to see an extended version also or a directors cut to see if there were some things that didn't make the theatrical version.

Definitely a couple hours of content that didn't make it, but they certainly weren't going to make a 4 hour long movie.

Manhattan
08-19-2015, 12:37 AM
Better than I expected. It was long but not long enough at the same time. It felt like there were entire movies in the side stories and each of the individual rappers. There is enough material for a bio-pic on each member. This might be considered a spoiler but I thought it ended on a strange and anticlimactic note with Dre leaving Death Row. But I guess there isn't another logical ending unless you run thru Pac/Biggie deaths all the way to discovering Em.

95EG6P
08-19-2015, 08:05 AM
movie was really good will watch again easy e was pretty cool :clap:

flipstah
08-19-2015, 11:19 AM
It felt rushed at times so waiting for the blu ray

JordanEG6
08-21-2015, 01:37 PM
Saw it last night at Chinook. Great movie. Very solid with a little fluff. I do agree with some, it could have been longer with no problem at all and I would have been happy with it.

My only complaint is that I wish I would have heard more sounds in the later years of the movie ("Natural Born Killaz"and "Keep Their Heads Ringin'" would have been awesome additions)

Better than I expected. It was long but not long enough at the same time. It felt like there were entire movies in the side stories and each of the individual rappers. There is enough material for a bio-pic on each member. This might be considered a spoiler but I thought it ended on a strange and anticlimactic note with Dre leaving Death Row. But I guess there isn't another logical ending unless you run thru Pac/Biggie deaths all the way to discovering Em.

Agreed on all points. I did feel it may have been a little anti-climatic, but as a bio-pic, I was okay with how it ended and I enjoyed it regardless. I thought about how the movie could have been a bit longer to end with Dre discovering Em, but then it would kinda shy away from being an NWA film anymore.

On that note, alot happened from the end of the movie (around 96) to the year signing Em, the movie would go on forever (Dre - Blackstreet collab, 97 Grammys, East/West feud, Pac's Death, collab with Nas and the Firm etc.) (Cube - Friday, West Side Connection, War & Peace etc.)

l/l/rX
08-21-2015, 01:52 PM
For those of you wishing it was longer...

http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/21/straight-outta-compton-sequel-snoop-dogg-west-coast-rap/

Manhattan
08-21-2015, 02:21 PM
^

Awesome. Death Row spin-off. That's gonna be controversial as hell. No one really knows what went on behind closed doors besides 2Pac/Suge/Snoop and I don't think Snoop is talking. Hope Suge isn't getting paid for that.

killramos
08-22-2015, 11:24 AM
That was a great movie. Really enjoyed it.

Been rocking the "produced by Dr Dre" songza playlist hard since haha

Also a big lol that my iPhone corrects Dr Dre automatically when I put it in lower case. Hahahaha

turbotrip
08-22-2015, 03:07 PM

Do you even know what trilogy means?

the friday movies are not a trilogy, considering that Last Friday which is the 4th movie is set to come out 2016

D'z Nutz
08-22-2015, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip

the friday movies are not a trilogy, considering that Last Friday which is the 4th movie is set to come out 2016

Right. And he didn't bring up the Friday movies:

D'z Nutz
08-22-2015, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
For those of you wishing it was longer...

http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/21/straight-outta-compton-sequel-snoop-dogg-west-coast-rap/

It doesn't seem like that will be nearly as good. Since neither Dre or Ice Cube will be serving as executive producers and none of the actors will be returning, it sounds like it's just an attempt to milk the popularity of the NWA movie.

Hallowed_point
08-23-2015, 03:02 PM
It was good but not a classic ala boys in the hood/menace 2 society. Better than I expected. It needed some serious editing though. It wore out its welcome for the last 20 minutes or so.

03ozwhip
08-23-2015, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
It was good but not a classic ala boys in the hood/menace 2 society. Better than I expected. It needed some serious editing though. It wore out its welcome for the last 20 minutes or so.

You can't compare it to those movies, those are non fictional movies, this is real life...as they portray it lol

Hallowed_point
08-23-2015, 03:07 PM
I guess I don't know..they tried to tell way too many little side stories. It was 20 lbs in a 5 lb bag. Still loved how similar all of the actors looked. Helps having ice cubes son play him haha.

xnvy
08-23-2015, 10:20 PM
I really enjoyed the movie and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of comedic parts in it considering the fact that it's a biopic. I know the movie was already pretty long but I wish they went more in depth in a lot of the side stories but you could make a 20 hr episodic series on NWA and Dre and still not get good coverage on everything.

gwill
08-30-2015, 06:07 PM
there is a dvd quality release of this movie out if you can put up with the asian sub titles.

gwill
09-02-2015, 10:22 AM
Thought the movie was only okay. The wife loved it but she was pretty mad that she didn't hear the song nuts on yo chin and a few others....