PDA

View Full Version : Places that will debadge/demold in Calgary

Nast
02-14-2015, 02:37 PM
No, I'm not lazy. I actually just put a new taillight assembly on my 08 silveraydo today. I'm missing a mold panel on the driver side and some of the 3m tape has peeled off. I like the debadge/demold look. My only question is, before I shell out the cash to get everything I need to do this and make it look good, would it be cheaper or about the same to get it done at a shop. I want to take off the 4x4 decal too so I'd need a heat gun as well. Any suggestions?

jacky4566
02-14-2015, 03:09 PM
Just wait till stampede week and park in the sun. Use some dental floss to cut the glue and Goo Gone to remove residue, then do a full Wash/Clay/Wax. It'll look perfect.

It will be more expensive at a shop for sure. But they will do a better job. Checkout some of Beyonds sponsors.

BAB Inc
02-20-2015, 02:06 PM
Keep in mind that once you remove the moldings and decal, you might see a color variance underneath whatever you remove. You'll probably have to cut polish.

pm me if you need help doing it

Nast
02-21-2015, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by BAB Inc
Keep in mind that once you remove the moldings and decal, you might see a color variance underneath whatever you remove. You'll probably have to cut polish.

pm me if you need help doing it

Cool, thanks man

never
02-21-2015, 12:49 AM
Eraser wheel for a drill works great. Cheap to buy and everything comes off easily with minimal effort and no damage.