PDA

View Full Version : Downshifted to pass, floored it, and a misfire for the first time. Should I be concerned?

CanmoreOrLess
02-15-2015, 04:09 PM
Today, coming out of Bragg Creek on the the round-a-bout, I'm behind a semi doing about 40 km/hr. It is very clear to pass, I downshift and floor it, I hear pop-pop-pop-pop and a lull in speed, a second later acceleration. This is the first time ever something like this has happened. Friday I had my valves adjusted and today (gas light on) I had a completely full tank of Shell gas from Bragg Creek and not from my usual station in Calgary. It's kind of concerning thinking next time I accelerate the same thing could happen and I might be in a very dangerous situation.

Do I ignore this as a one-off, is it related to the fuel or valve adjustment?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-15-2015, 04:19 PM
Could be related to either, you will never know unless you do some investigating and find out if it's still happening and what fixes it. Did you keep your reciept in case you got bad gas?

CanmoreOrLess
02-15-2015, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
Could be related to either, you will never know unless you do some investigating and find out if it's still happening and what fixes it. Did you keep your reciept in case you got bad gas?

I have the gas receipt, the valves were done at a Honda dealership. I tried to replicate the misfire twice now with zero success.

Shlade
02-15-2015, 04:24 PM
Maybe just a bad batch of gas that you got I wouldn't be too concerned unless it repeats it again