PDA

View Full Version : Rate your life Pt. 2!

Pages : [1] 2

Cos
02-16-2015, 09:05 PM

Tik-Tok
02-16-2015, 09:20 PM
Day 14 of 21 of vacation, and day 3 of first born child. Hard not to be a 10. :D

ExtraSlow
02-16-2015, 09:23 PM
A lot has changed in my life. I'm still doing OK, but shit is stressing me out more. Overall, we're all still healthy, we're not broke, so I have nothing major to bitch about, but those first world problems are getting to me man.
Changed jobs twice in 2014, and one of them was a pretty major change in direction, and that's really had me worried. Not awesome right before this downturn, since it's shot my job security all to hell. :drama::cry: :rolleyes:

Still, picked up a bigger trailer, and looking forward to getting some camping time in just as soon as the weather allows. :love:

DeleriousZ
02-16-2015, 09:27 PM
3 or 4 I'd say.

Cos
02-16-2015, 09:28 PM

Tik-Tok
02-16-2015, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Cos

You're always such a happy fucker. LOL

If not happy, then very content? The only thing that turns down the dial is if I think too much about my wages (in comparison to similar trades). So I try not to think about it, lol. I've got a roof over our head, food in our bellies, and gas in our cars. The older I get, the less I'm hung up on material possessions... except cars, I'm always looking beyond my means for those, but learned my lesson a long time ago.

Although 4-7 months ago it would've been <5 because my kitchen reno's were bringing me a mental breakdown. :nut:

ExtraSlow
02-16-2015, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Cos
I've wondered a lot about you, but in all the threads you seem to be doing OK. I hope you pull through but they seemed to really want you and you're a smart guy.

Well, they haven't laid me off yet, and it's not like I'd starve if they did, since the wife has very stable work. I'm also pretty sure I could get work if I needed it. Still, it weighs on a guys mind.

BigMass
02-16-2015, 09:55 PM
is this like one of those, "how much can you bench" threads?

Can't wait to read about how awesome everyone's life is! :rolleyes:

http://i.imgur.com/pjAGq49.jpg

corsvette
02-16-2015, 10:00 PM
Cos, are you looking into Vernon BC? I`m there as I type this, spent the day looking at real estate. Really like this place!

10 if I move here and forget about all the ups and downs of Alberta.

8 If I stay in AB.

woodywoodford
02-16-2015, 10:06 PM
I'm giving myself a six...

Salary rollbacks, haven't had a good sleep in what seems like weeks, overworked at the office, no time or money to do anything, boss has veto'd every day I've tried booking off for the last 5 months. But on the other hand I still have a job and my health, which is more than some people can say.

Wait til oil prices come back and redo this one :D

max_boost
02-16-2015, 10:26 PM
Still an 8.

max_boost
02-16-2015, 10:28 PM
If Beyond lottomax hits, I will definitely be a 10.

JRSC00LUDE
02-16-2015, 10:29 PM
My life is awesome. 12 out of 10. Will be till I die motherfuckers.

Tik-Tok
02-16-2015, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
is this like one of those, &quot;how much can you bench&quot; threads?

Can't wait to read about how awesome everyone's life is! :rolleyes:

etzMjoH0rJw

Amysicle
02-16-2015, 10:44 PM

Kloubek
02-16-2015, 10:45 PM
If asked a few months ago, I would have been scoring my life pretty low. Just knowing I was capable of better for so long lowered it an extra point in itself.

But I've had some great changes lately. Right now I'd rate my life a 6 and a half. Not great, but improving.... with an almost certain raise up to a solid 8 in a few months once the life changes I've finally undertaken are complete.

What this old(ish) guy has learned: look out for number one. Not saying to be a selfish prick, but to realize that if things aren't going as you like, you gotta do what you gotta to do change that.

jdmXSI
02-16-2015, 10:47 PM
I thought a six first but 7 is probably more realistic. Personal life is pretty good but work has left me feeling stagnant for some time now and I kinda want a change but not sure what to do. If that's it though, life is pretty good.

GTS4tw
02-16-2015, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by corsvette
Cos, are you looking into Vernon BC? I`m there as I type this, spent the day looking at real estate. Really like this place!

10 if I move here and forget about all the ups and downs of Alberta.

8 If I stay in AB.

Vernon is a hole.

I voted 6.

Sugarphreak
02-16-2015, 10:57 PM

corsvette
02-17-2015, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by GTS4tw

Vernon is a hole.

I voted 6.

Agree, there are some not so nice spots, like anywhere though. We looked in the Winfield/Oyama area, I like it.

Foggy/overcast still beats the hell outa blowing windchills in the praries!

MGCM
02-17-2015, 12:56 AM
I guess im locked at a 5 right now, no job since getting laid off and im not sure what my next few steps will be. Living in uncertainty sucks a big nasty nut, but, could be worse.

J-D
02-17-2015, 01:04 AM
I went for a 6.

Life in Calgary has been good to me - realistically maybe a little too easy. I really need to figure out a way to move somewhere warmer before I'm too far into my career. Maybe I can figure out a way to own some windmills in Hawaii or something :rofl:

baygirl
02-17-2015, 01:52 AM
I went with a 9. Are there things I wish were a little different? Hells yes!(Anyone know a hitman??). However everyone I love is healthy, my kids are happy and my relationship is amazing. A couple of weeks ago I may have scored it lower, but a recent family tragedy put things in perspective for me. :dunno:

Graham_A_M
02-17-2015, 06:40 AM
^ a "hitman" uh oh. Sorry about your loss BTW :(

About a 7.5 for me. Quite happy I have the career I want now. Lots of nice toys and buying a house this next month or two.

heavyfuel
02-17-2015, 07:45 AM
I'm at a solid 7. First time homeowner, knee's healing great, never felt healthier, almost 40 with a size 34 waist, no wife/kids at home to help make me look and feel my age. Business is kinda slow or I'd rate it an 8 right now but that's just the roller coaster, no big deal. Got a few bucks in the bank and lots of toys still a few things that need improvement but I've come this far and there's no reason to not go further and make it a 10 if there's ever a round 3!

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-17-2015, 08:13 AM
10/10 playing with cars and racing all summer.

botox
02-17-2015, 08:14 AM
I'd say a 6. Everything is "ok". Would be nice to have more time to spend with the wife and kids, and more free time for myself. Job is getting a bit boring due to a new role but hopefully that will pickup soon. Almost 40 as well so I'm in a bit of a mid life crisis :nut:. Maybe time to look for a unnecessarily expensive car to fix the problem :D

Sugarphreak
02-17-2015, 08:18 AM

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-17-2015, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Living at home is an automatic 2 point deduction ;)

I'm living alone in my townhome currently ;)

FraserB
02-17-2015, 08:33 AM
Maybe 6.

Have a good job that pays great, money in the bank, no debt and fun toys. Going to buy a house this year and maybe get a dog early next year after this job is done.

Downsides: I work a 10/4 shift in Northern Alberta, social life is tough because of work and office politics are retarded.

**Deducted the mandatory 2 points because even though I'm practically never there, my mailing address is still my parents place

Sugarphreak
02-17-2015, 08:34 AM

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-17-2015, 08:40 AM

Better, but still... shared walls, I don't know about that :D

This entire survey is too lofty; it reminds me of performance reviews where you always get a couple people just fill out 5/5 for everything.

We should have a thread were other beyonders rate your life, that would be far more interesting :rofl:

Shared walls are awesome, my heating costs are so minimal lol.

ercchry
02-17-2015, 08:41 AM
If i was a 7 in 2011, then i must be at 14 now :rofl:

But still in pain almost daily and the woman refuses to work... so... sticking with 7

Sugarphreak
02-17-2015, 08:49 AM

Tik-Tok
02-17-2015, 09:02 AM

If you are worried about heating costs, you need to deduct another point

How many points added for always worrying about your property tax? Lol.

Besides, this is rate your own life, not rate your life compared to Sugarphreaks standards. :poosie:

FraserB
02-17-2015, 09:35 AM
-5 for Nenshi and property tax complaining.

riander5
02-17-2015, 09:48 AM
'Rate your life' 'What did you do around the house today'

Whoever makes these threads needs a hobby... jesus

CapnCrunch
02-17-2015, 10:06 AM
10/10. Would live again.

reiRei
02-17-2015, 10:16 AM
went for an 8 - The job could be better, but hey.. I'm in a job I wanted in college (automotive marketing), relationship is good, been in the best shape of my life so derby is fucking awesome..

deducted 2 points:

1 - my lancer is falling apart and I need to fix it until I can afford a new car
2 - I'm tired of winter and I want summer!

Also, there's a lot of Beyonders in the Okanagan, we should totally do a meet at some point!

G
02-17-2015, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by ercchry
If i was a 7 in 2011, then i must be at 14 now :rofl:

But still in pain almost daily and the woman refuses to work... so... sticking with 7

How does one refuse to work unless she is a mom or soon to be mom?

ercchry
02-17-2015, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by G

How does one refuse to work unless she is a mom or soon to be mom?

blows my mind too... she was suppose to be either training for a new career, or starting a business of her choice... yet has done nothing

JRSC00LUDE
02-17-2015, 10:41 AM

blows my mind too... she was suppose to be either training for a new career, or starting a business of her choice... yet has done nothing

I don't know your life but, perhaps you should close your wallet. Charge Rent. Share expenses. Etc. There's NO pussy worth paying for my friend.

ercchry
02-17-2015, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

I don't know your life but, perhaps you should close your wallet. Charge Rent. Share expenses. Etc. There's NO pussy worth paying for my friend.

she helped to grow the money we have... i want that next level... she is content, its a battle but there will be a breaking point sooner or later in one direction or the other

G
02-17-2015, 10:44 AM

Don't know her but a lot of woman are out for a free ride.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d3/Road_Curb.JPG

mr2mike
02-17-2015, 10:56 AM
Slowly changing from a "Rate your life" to "Leave your wife" thread. :rofl: Ahh beyond...

Never would I be 10/10, just can't get there. Always more to strive for.

I'd say 7/10.
Happy with career (But really kicking around the more education route)
Happy with financial choices.
Happy with friends and relationships.

Would love to ball out of control but to sleep at night, I need to have money in the account and enough to pay ALL my bills for a year.

HiTempguy1
02-17-2015, 11:20 AM
I read my post back in 2011, somethings change and some don't!

I met an amazing girl and we've been dating almost two years. Lately things have gotten a bit rocky... we recognize this and we are both working on it. So that has me a little down right now.

Money is much better than 2011, I've moved up in the world, still at the same company. Taking the good with the bad there.

August will be a really good time. I get a decent raise this year, the girlfriend is finishing school so I'll no longer have to pick up the tab on everything (this doesn't really frustrate me, school is tough and it sucks being broke), a large loan I had to pay off will be done in August, student loans should be paid off, if the girlfriend and I get our issues sorted out we will be moving in together...

So 2011 I was a 5. 2015 I am a 6. If you had asked me in the summer of 2014 I'd have been an 8 for sure. I agree with others, I don't believe in a 10 because there is always room for improvement. Maybe later this year will be a 7 or 8? That would be awesome :)

msommers
02-17-2015, 11:26 AM
Voted 2 but it's actually probably better, especially if I account for everything from the previous vote to 6 months ago. But I'm just so conflicted about everything in life right now it's hard to see any positive.

EM2FTL
02-17-2015, 12:11 PM
Solid 8. There's a ton of material shit I want/don't have and my career is pretty much reaching peak stress levels, but I chose to be here and knew what I was getting into when I signed up. Also like another person said, tragedies close to home have a way of putting things in perspective.

max_boost
02-17-2015, 12:36 PM

she helped to grow the money we have... i want that next level... she is content, its a battle but there will be a breaking point sooner or later in one direction or the other Well she does have quite a bit of money in her bank account for her age so let her be I say :D

A790
02-17-2015, 12:38 PM

Shoulder injuries require surgery. No more gym for me for a while, if not indefinitely.

Making an extra $45k compared to last time, but somehow another $20k would really do wonders. A lot of the advice people gave me in that thread is/was bang on. lol

My wife is awesome. Have great friends. Great job. All things equal, aside from my health, my life is an easy 9. Health... 7.

ercchry
02-17-2015, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Well she does have quite a bit of money in her bank account for her age so let her be I say :D

our account isnt as happy as it was 6 months ago :rofl:

but again, thats suppose to be seed money and everyday she drags her feet it becomes less and less... its a good thing i started to work some of it though, if that wasnt going as well as it is this would be a different conversation

flipstah
02-17-2015, 12:54 PM
It's pretty good. 8.

max_boost
02-17-2015, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by A790

Shoulder injuries require surgery. No more gym for me for a while, if not indefinitely.

Making an extra $45k compared to last time, but somehow another $20k would really do wonders. A lot of the advice people gave me in that thread is/was bang on. lol

My wife is awesome. Have great friends. Great job. All things equal, aside from my health, my life is an easy 9. Health... 7.

Too much shoulder press lifts?

Otherwise, Yea you doing good bro. Somehow more money would always be nice cause it puts you that much closer to financial goals :D

our account isnt as happy as it was 6 months ago :rofl:

but again, thats suppose to be seed money and everyday she drags her feet it becomes less and less... its a good thing i started to work some of it though, if that wasnt going as well as it is this would be a different conversation

What's the next level anyway? I'm just glad my gf has a job and survived the firings at work haha

ercchry
02-17-2015, 01:07 PM

What's the next level anyway? I'm just glad my gf has a job and survived the firings at work haha

still working towards version 2.5 :rofl:

but something where i only report to myself and am able to spend winters not here and summers not here... which is pretty much health related since my body can't handle the weather changes here anymore... well the winter thing is, the summer thing is just metal health related (i need my lake time)

austic
02-17-2015, 01:14 PM
I would say a solid 9

Career changed twice last year and am not only making significantly more but enjoy what I do more.

Getting Married this fall and planning a fantastic honeymoon to Fiji.

Finally hit some strength goals I had so I am pretty happy there

The really only problems I have in my life are first world in nature so I really cant complain.

Always room to improve so I think nothing for me would be a ten.

max_boost
02-17-2015, 01:19 PM

still working towards version 2.5 :rofl:

but something where i only report to myself and am able to spend winters not here and summers not here... which is pretty much health related since my body can't handle the weather changes here anymore... well the winter thing is, the summer thing is just metal health related (i need my lake time)

Looks like you should move to kelowna and just day trade haha

What does she want? lol

ercchry
02-17-2015, 01:27 PM

Looks like you should move to kelowna and just day trade haha

What does she want? lol

she wants kids and a white picket fence... housewife :banghead:

Tik-Tok
02-17-2015, 02:01 PM

she wants kids and a white picket fence... housewife :banghead:

Tell her she has to work for it. So much better when you can claw back some EI money from the government through maternity leave.

max_boost
02-17-2015, 02:04 PM

she wants kids and a white picket fence... housewife :banghead: That's kinda normal!? haha

The gf and I are on the same page lol no marriage, no kids haha Works for me!

ExtraSlow
02-17-2015, 02:04 PM
A housewife can be an awesome thing to have. It's not all peaches and cream having two people working once there are kids involved. It's quite a juggling act.

vengie
02-17-2015, 02:08 PM
I'd rate mine a solid 7.5.

Typically up in the 9-10 range as I am generally a very happy/ positive person.

- But recent rollbacks in wages have forced me to re-evaluate the potential of cashing in the equity of my condo to get into a house with a garage as I am very unhappy being cooped up with a condo, and its not very conducive to my lifestyle... But hey, at least I still have a job!

- Just hit one year with my girlfriend, and we had our first major issue occur the other day, and I am very uncertain what to do or where to go as I have never been this personally invested into someone.

- Just had major jaw surgery at the beginning of January, so I've been on a purely liquid diet. Lost 15 lbs, can't play hockey and can't go to the gym... both of which are my vices to deal with stress! :banghead:

Wakalimasu
02-17-2015, 02:28 PM
8.. i have my ups and downs but I'm alive right and not living in a 3rd world country.

ercchry
02-17-2015, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
A housewife can be an awesome thing to have. It's not all peaches and cream having two people working once there are kids involved. It's quite a juggling act.

yeah... but in this day and age to have that luxury its going to take some serious hustle at this point in our lives

01RedDX
02-17-2015, 02:34 PM

A790
02-17-2015, 02:37 PM
Too much shoulder press lifts?

Otherwise, Yea you doing good bro. Somehow more money would always be nice cause it puts you that much closer to financial goals :D

A combination of a lot of things, but it culminates in me getting shoulder surgery in both shoulders. Blegh.

Feruk
02-17-2015, 03:43 PM
I'd probably say 9. Still got a job, pays well, probably not losing it in next 6 months. Personal life good. Health mainly good.

Not a 10 because I could always have/make/desire more, and because I am worried Albertans as a whole have not seen the impact of sustained lower oil prices yet. I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect the next 18 months are gonna be tough.

Originally posted by 01RedDX
If you want some real perspective, describe your life to someone living in a 3rd world country and let them rate it.
You'd have to teach them about fractions first. :rofl: :eek:

Sugarphreak
02-17-2015, 04:27 PM

ercchry
02-17-2015, 04:32 PM

Send her ass to work... this isn't the 50's anymore, or Pakistan,

its 2015, where the woman have the high income and the men collect EI, our time has come! :rofl:

Sugarphreak
02-17-2015, 04:35 PM

leftwing
02-17-2015, 04:41 PM
Hard to say, but 7 seems fair.

Just got a promotion at work that will give me great experience in terms of the career path I want to take. Work for a great company that I hope I can stay with for the duration of my career. I took a couple years longer than most to figure out what I wanted to do career wise, so although I am in a decent position I think I could be a lot farther ahead.

Got a long term girlfriend who seems promising. Although she is still in University which I hate, 2 semester's to go. I want to get this DINK ball rolling here.

I am in a good financial position and typically pretty good with my finances. Own a small condo in a great location. Couldn't be happier with it.

Health is good - I think.

Gearing up for what could be a really great summer!

turbotrip
02-17-2015, 04:58 PM
A lot of you are judging your life by what you don't have, instead of all the things you do have. Compare it to some of the less fortunate and you will see most people in this thread should be 8-10

G
02-17-2015, 05:02 PM

So... is this a reference to History X? Seems a little on the extreme side

Hahaha not curb stomp...I AM KIDDING about kicking her to the curb btw :rofl:

kick someone/something to the curb

phrase of kick

North Americaninformal
reject someone or something.
"things get complicated for Alfie when he's kicked to the curb by his girlfriend"

ercchry
02-17-2015, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip
A lot of you are judging your life by what you don't have, instead of all the things you do have. Compare it to some of the less fortunate and you will see most people in this thread should be 8-10

apples to apples... if i was in a 3rd world i would be rating based off a different standard, but im not... im here, in calgary... standards are higher for good reason

J-D
02-17-2015, 05:06 PM

apples to apples... if i was in a 3rd world i would be rating based off a different standard, but im not... im here, in calgary... standards are higher for good reason

Depends on how you define it - it's all about perspective I think. Most people in 3rd world countries have way less money and stuff than I have but every time I visit everyone certainly seems to be happier than people are here.

EM2FTL
02-17-2015, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by vengie

- Just had major jaw surgery at the beginning of January, so I've been on a purely liquid diet. Lost 15 lbs, can't play hockey and can't go to the gym... both of which are my vices to deal with stress! :banghead:

.... Hockey and going to the gym are your idea of vices?

Unknown303
02-17-2015, 05:17 PM
I'm a solid 10. I got a good raise. A good bonus. Have awesome kids and a great wife.

:bigpimp:

ercchry
02-17-2015, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
I'm a solid 10. I got a good raise. A good bonus. Have awesome kids and a great wife.

:bigpimp:

no 4x4 toy though... so -1 for you :poosie:

HiTempguy1
02-17-2015, 05:25 PM

Some stuff gets a bit overwhelming.

Take out the issues with the girlfriend (in my case) for instance, and I'd be at a 9 (including her, just sans issues). Just thinking about how great she is is improving my mood today :)

Some things take up a lot of a person's good nature in life. And sometimes life does actually suck. Basing a 5 as being neutral, the results of the poll are actually quite encouraging. Many people are "happy", some just are further from their ideal point in life they want to be.

About a quarter of people are unhappy; this poll is also being asked at literally the saddest part of the year. So that seems pretty decent. It can be hard if you are in a rut to improve, especially in today's "instant gratification" society. It's even worse in Alberta, where everyone is supposed to be making $80+k/year at age 25 :rofl:

eglove
02-17-2015, 05:28 PM
who voted 1 or 2 lol - you must be near death

turbotrip
02-17-2015, 05:35 PM

You don't have to look to the 3rd world to find the less fortunate, you can find many cases here in Calgary- and I don't think any of them are on Beyond

Cos
02-17-2015, 05:36 PM

ercchry
02-17-2015, 05:49 PM

You don't have to look to the 3rd world to find the less fortunate, you can find many cases here in Calgary- and I don't think any of them are on Beyond

again, not a standard i have any business using as my base. for my base point i must look at my peers its that simple and in relation to them (assuming 5 is average) i feel like my rating is satisfactory.

on top of that, if there is room for improvement then you still need to leave room to improve or you really have nothing left to do in life, which is an even worse concept than not being satisfied

sneek
02-17-2015, 06:58 PM
Thew down a 9. Life is treating me pretty well right now. Job/Finances are solid. Went through a big health scare 6 months ago so that put everything into perspective for me! I imagine I would be an 11 if I was retired and living on a beach with Miranda Kerr though.

Kloubek
02-17-2015, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by eglove
who voted 1 or 2 lol - you must be near death

msommers is the only guy with balls to admit it. I'd say I was a 2 a couple of years ago. My kid had colic and was crying constantly. The wife was an emotional wreck and taking it out on me. I was working to exhaustion for inadequate pay and it was pretty clear that the advancements I was promised at work were not going to occur. Really, almost no aspect of my life was favourable.

Shit happens. For those who voted a low number, just keep in mind that things are likely to get better - especially if you're willing to make the changes necessary to make it so. If you aren't happy with your life, it's time to adjust things. I'd say the period of one's life between the end of university and anywhere around 40 is the time to ensure you are living your life to its fullest. After that point, shit starts going downhill physically (and for some, maybe mentally) so the opportunity to have every star aligned is limited. In my opinion, everyone should have the opportunity to at least experience a period of 10/10.

ekguy
02-17-2015, 08:28 PM
Had a job opportunity fall through, cat got sick cost me 3000$+, had to fork over all my school money for that and to help with dad's funeral....

All in all 2014 I went from an easy 8 to being generous with a 4. This last year has gotten me quite down.

How are you supposed to lose a parent and not have your life seriously affected....??? Oh and to add to all this...My best friend since I moved to Calgary decided dealing with my dad dying was too hard for her so she basically let me deal with everything alone at the time you need a friend the most....

All in all I'm a big ole 4 right now on the life satisfaction scale...

Unknown303
02-17-2015, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Cos

No quad, no dirt bike, no S4, no 4x4 toy. Hard to see how that is a 10. I'd accept 9.5 though. LOL

I can see how someone from Airdrie would think that.

nzwasp
02-17-2015, 09:07 PM
I rated myself at 8 but its probably more of a 6, work is good, no pay rises sucks. Got a new baby coming in 3 weeks but knowing that she will be living in the childrens hospital NICU for months is going to be hard. Would like to be more financially secure for the next year but I guess we aren't too bad off.

egmilano
02-17-2015, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
Had a job opportunity fall through, cat got sick cost me 3000$+, had to fork over all my school money for that and to help with dad's funeral....

All in all 2014 I went from an easy 8 to being generous with a 4. This last year has gotten me quite down.

How are you supposed to lose a parent and not have your life seriously affected....??? Oh and to add to all this...My best friend since I moved to Calgary decided dealing with my dad dying was too hard for her so she basically let me deal with everything alone at the time you need a friend the most....

All in all I'm a big ole 4 right now on the life satisfaction scale...

My condolences, I lost my father 3 years ago. My advise to you is fuck that bitch . . . let that relationship die . I know what your going through and having your close friends to talk to and keep you sane is huge and they're what really helped me through the depression ! Stay positive brother I know its rough . If she's Not there for you at a time like this then why waste your energy on her

ekguy
02-17-2015, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by egmilano

My condolences, I lost my father 3 years ago. My advise to you is fuck that bitch . . . let that relationship die . I know what your going through and having your close friends to talk to and keep you sane is huge and they're what really helped me through the depression ! Stay positive brother I know its rough . If she's Not there for you at a time like this then why waste your energy on her

Haven't looked back since. I have other very close friends who helped in a huge way and some recent friends who were there in equally huge ways.

vengie
02-18-2015, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by nzwasp
I rated myself at 8 but its probably more of a 6, work is good, no pay rises sucks. Got a new baby coming in 3 weeks but knowing that she will be living in the childrens hospital NICU for months is going to be hard. Would like to be more financially secure for the next year but I guess we aren't too bad off.

I'm sorry to hear that man... If its any consolation at all, I have a good friend that is a nurse in the NICU at the Children's Hospital, your child will be in very good hands.

msommers
02-18-2015, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
msommers is the only guy with balls to admit it. I'd say I was a 2 a couple of years ago.

I wouldn't say it's balls but things at the moment are just so underwhelming feeling I think it's wallowing in regret and uncertainty.

Reading this thread makes me realize things aren't nearly as bad as they could be and should be thankful, at the very least, that all the important people in my life and are alive and in good health.

vengie
02-18-2015, 12:08 PM
I am now downgrading my rating to a 6.

Just found out I will be taking a further paycut. It will be close to a 25% total paycut. Fuck I need to get out of this industry.

At least I have survived another round of layoffs.

Sugarphreak
02-18-2015, 12:32 PM

nzwasp
02-18-2015, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by vengie

I'm sorry to hear that man... If its any consolation at all, I have a good friend that is a nurse in the NICU at the Children's Hospital, your child will be in very good hands.

Thanks.

What industry were / are you in, I thought IT?

bjstare
02-18-2015, 01:55 PM
LOL @ comparing our lives to that of a third world country resident.

I wasn't born in a third world country, haven't lived in one, and won't ever. Why would I baseline my level of happiness on those circumstances?

I answered 7. I work in EPC and haven't been laid off, and likely won't be. Fantastic girlfriend, pretty happy with my house, less happy with my car (but it's still nicer than avg, realistically), no family losses/tragedies for a few years now. Things are good.

egmilano
02-18-2015, 02:13 PM
Meh id say 7, Steady work ..Helping my boss/uncle out with his shop being built on the acreage to do architectural mouldings/details.Sooner its all put together the sooner we cut major costs and start subbing out the companies jobs. Salary is nice but id rather sub contract with my own crew because some guys slow us down. My family is doing great and im pretty happy although id like to save more ! and get a newer vehicle...

SJW
02-18-2015, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
My life is awesome. 12 out of 10. Will be till I die motherfuckers.

Because you live in Saskatchewan subtract 2 points.

HiTempguy1
02-18-2015, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by SJW

Because you live in Saskatchewan subtract 2 points.

F that, Saskatchewan is divide by zero. There is nothing to describe how awful that would be :guns:

jwslam
02-18-2015, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

F that, Saskatchewan is divide by zero. There is nothing to describe how awful that would be :guns:
Uh someone doesn't even know how to math.
Dividing by zero approaches infinity.

HiTempguy1
02-18-2015, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by jwslam

Uh someone doesn't even know how to math.
Dividing by zero approaches infinity.

First, it's an expression to have some funny. Second, just no. Dividing by zero approaches either positive or negative infinity.

It was a joke in jest. Congrats on debating the semantics of it, you win.