PDA

View Full Version : Multi-family recycling

Modelexis
02-19-2015, 10:04 PM
http://www.calgary.ca/UEP/WRS/Pages/Recycling-information/Residential-services/Multifamily-recycling/Multifamily-Recycling.aspx?redirect=/multifamilyrecycling

Apartment and condo [forced] recycling is coming to Calgary! Calgary City Council has approved a [coercive]bylaw amendment that will [force] all multifamily complexes to offer on-site recycling by February 1, 2016.

Multi-family complexes come in many forms such as condos, apartments, townhouses or any other building or development with five or more units on a single parcel of land. That's why flexibility and choice are foundations of this plan.

Every complex will [be forced] provide on-site recycling of the materials accepted in single-family Blue Cart recycling. Each complex can decide how and where to store recycling, and whether to hire a company to recycle it or do it themselves.

fine print:
Your rent will be increased to pay for the forced recycling program, your labor will be not only unpaid labor but it will help private companies make a profit.

What happened to a minimum wage? How can you force someone to recycle and sort garbage and refuse to pay them, and in most cases force them to pay someone who has time and equipment to complete the job.

Imagine the city decided to stop collecting other less trendy garbage and forced all landlords to hire private garbage collectors.

I will be boycotting this program, I will continue to throw everything in the garbage. Threats of violence doesn't solve social problems.

DeleriousZ
02-19-2015, 10:09 PM
So... where do all the people go when they come back from being recycled?

Nitro5
02-20-2015, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Modelexis
http://www.calgary.ca/UEP/WRS/Pages/Recycling-information/Residential-services/Multifamily-recycling/Multifamily-Recycling.aspx?redirect=/multifamilyrecycling

fine print:
Your rent will be increased to pay for the forced recycling program, your labor will be not only unpaid labor but it will help private companies make a profit.

What happened to a minimum wage? How can you force someone to recycle and sort garbage and refuse to pay them, and in most cases force them to pay someone who has time and equipment to complete the job.

Imagine the city decided to stop collecting other less trendy garbage and forced all landlords to hire private garbage collectors.

I will be boycotting this program, I will continue to throw everything in the garbage. Threats of violence doesn't solve social problems.

Life must just suck for you

Modelexis
02-20-2015, 04:37 PM
Its not even worth the time and labour of homeless people to recycle paper.

Thaco
02-20-2015, 04:42 PM
we have this at my condo complex, basically just a bunch of the city black carts on a caddy thing in the middle of the complex... doesn't really take any additional effort on the part of the complex to keep em there... although they're 3x farther from my unit than the dumpsters, so guess where my stuff goes?

Canmorite
02-20-2015, 04:53 PM
I wish I had time and brain power to give a shit about a recycling program, or how many seconds of my day it takes me to put my bottles in one bin, versus garbage in another. Oh the humanity. :whocares:

Just recycle.

kertejud2
02-20-2015, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ
So... where do all the people go when they come back from being recycled?

Soylent Green goes with every meal.