PDA

View Full Version : 19 y.o Custom Bike Builder - Edmonton

EM2FTL
02-20-2015, 05:00 PM
I know nothing about bikes, but this is impressive:

http://albertaventure.com/2015/02/training-wheels/

A few days ago, Randy Venhuis got a talking-to from his mom after the paint he was spraying onto a part for a motorcycle he was building ended up on her car. It was the typical guffaw a 19-year-old messing with machines in his parents’ garage makes, but Venhuis is not your typical 19-year-old, and nor are his creations. The unsung wrench behind Edmonton’s now internationally known Federal Moto custom bike startup, Venhuis builds motorcycles out of his boyhood home’s garage in an Edmonton suburb, yet sells his café racer-style bikes across North America. His second build, a reinterpretation of a Norton Commando, known as “the Ace,” just sold for “something around $20,000” to a Federal Moto fan in Los Angeles, after Venhuis’s work was noticed on the highly influential website, BikeEXIF.com.

firebane
02-20-2015, 05:09 PM
It's honestly not that hard to do stuff like this. People are just driven in other ways and make it easier to something like this.

If I had a shop to work out of I could do lots of stuff like this as well but I don't so I make do with what I have.

rizfarmer
02-20-2015, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by firebane
It's honestly not that hard to do stuff like this. People are just driven in other ways and make it easier to something like this.

If I had a shop to work out of I could do lots of stuff like this as well but I don't so I make do with what I have.

:clap:

E46..sTyLez
02-20-2015, 05:17 PM
That is impressive...he looks like he's 12 too. Good on him!

snowcat
02-21-2015, 12:47 PM

The article isn't about you?

Don't hate, appreciate.

revelations
02-21-2015, 12:51 PM
Kid found his passion in life - follow the dream and money usually comes with (eventually).

firebane
02-21-2015, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by snowcat

The article isn't about you?

Don't hate, appreciate.

I never said I didn't appreciate I just think he's getting more credit than its worth.

dj_rice
02-21-2015, 01:12 PM

http://makeameme.org/media/created/u-jelly-bro.jpg

Good on him. :clap:

Cos
02-21-2015, 05:37 PM

Rocket1k78
02-25-2015, 11:14 AM

LOL we get it already, YOU'RE A TRUE MASTER CRAFTSMAN because you hand build all your bikes with your bare hands and anyone who buys a custom bike or builds one in a nice shop is a joke.

Cant believe im agreeing with snowcat but i totally am on this.