PDA

View Full Version : Judge Crazy Mary

spikerS
02-23-2015, 08:47 AM
Unfortunately she is in the USA, and going solely by this video, I want to clone her 1000 times and put her in every court room.

RVLo9xTTV3M

blairtruck
02-23-2015, 09:14 AM
loves it.

sputnik
02-23-2015, 09:42 AM
That was definitely worth my time to watch.

Canmorite
02-23-2015, 03:08 PM
Very old-school with her personal war on drugs. Lifetime in jail due to abusing drugs is a huge problem in the states, and it doesn't seem like she cares about that at all. Anyone can be a hard ass :dunno: I agree a little tough love is good, but the sole focus on drugs in that video didn't show how she handles non-drug related cases.

What a hypocrite as well with her previous drinking problem. Only legal benefit to her is alcohol isn't a controlled substance so it never landed her in trouble.

blitz
02-23-2015, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
What a hypocrite as well with her previous drinking problem. Only legal benefit to her is alcohol isn't a controlled substance so it never landed her in trouble.

You mean the drinking problem that she overcame and then continued to be a productive member of society? :rolleyes:

spikerS
02-23-2015, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
Very old-school with her personal war on drugs. Lifetime in jail due to abusing drugs is a huge problem in the states, and it doesn't seem like she cares about that at all. Anyone can be a hard ass :dunno: I agree a little tough love is good, but the sole focus on drugs in that video didn't show how she handles non-drug related cases.

who better to understand what those people are going through, than someone who has gone through it themselves, and come out the other side like a star?

Canmorite
02-23-2015, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by blitz

You mean the drinking problem that she overcame and then continued to be a productive member of society? :rolleyes:

Overcame it because she wasn't caught up in numerous legal battles and labelled a criminal and put behind bars? We'll never know.

Originally posted by spikerS

who better to understand what those people are going through, than someone who has gone through it themselves, and come out the other side like a star?

Fair enough. My point of view differs greatly from hers on drug policy and control, which is my main issue with her heavy-handedness.

rx7boi
02-24-2015, 01:43 PM
How can she be a hypocrite if her current actions reflect her beliefs about not drinking? She'd be a hypocrite if she kept drinking. I don't see her expecting people to be saints given her past.

From the mere 3 cases presented, she seems fair to me. She asks the right questions when people are standing in front of her for the umpteenth time. Sure, not everyone deserves to have the book thrown at them the first time but if you're asking her not to be so heavy-handed to people with a list of priors, you're asking her to be a mom in a court of law.

Admittedly, that young 24 year old got a chance that another judge may not have given.

In which case did you find her sentencing too harsh and why?