PDA

View Full Version : Was my car just bagged by BMW Gallery?

Pages : [1] 2

VWEvo
02-26-2015, 08:20 AM
Just took my M5 to BMW Gallery yesterday for a routine 20k service . (Fluids and air filter). Dropped it off at 7:30am. I get a call at 2:30 saying the spark plugs are a lot of work on this car and they require to keep the car overnight. I said I would prefer to bring it back rather then leave it there. So I go to pick up my car at 5:00. They bring out the car where a tech revved the engine just before turning it off to obviously hear my Eissenman exhaust, no biggie. I sit down, and immediately I notice the car has 8 km's put on it. I went inside and asked if my car was just in for a basic service (that technically wasn't even complete) why was it driven for 8 kms. They said they need to drive it 8 kms to reset the service indicator (srsly?????). I go back to my car and then notice my average gas consumption was 21.8L/100kms. I normally average 14.9, so whomever drove it, definitely drove it hard. In fact my 10 km drive home I managed to get the average consumption down to just 16.5L/100kms, which likely indicates they drove it hard for the entire 8 kms. Oh, one last thing , the radio was on tuned into Virgin Radio which I've never in my life listened to. Please tell me I'm just overreacting, becuaee right now I am super pissed. I left a message for the service manager to call me.

Update: Skip to page 5 and 6. BMW resolved the concerns and gave reasonable explanation as to why there was high fuel consumption and mileage not the car.

killramos
02-26-2015, 08:25 AM
Maybe I am just as anal as you but definitely not overreacting. Radio isn't part of their job ( this is how people get blown speakers) so why should it have been on let alone changed.

They are 100% full of shit about reseting the service indicator, that takes 10 seconds and I'm pretty sure doesn't involve driving the car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LeJYHJdCMU

What is wrong with the entitlement these days? Do you have to give them explicit instructions that the car cannot leave their lot without express permission Jesus...

Sounds like they bagged your car bud. Don't let them hear the end of it.

Sugarphreak
02-26-2015, 08:30 AM

zipdoa
02-26-2015, 08:31 AM
Your car was definitely bagged. Any lot attendant getting their hands on a car like that is going to take it for a rip, without question.

Source: Lots of friends who worked at BMW Gallery as lot attendants when they were younger.

killramos
02-26-2015, 08:35 AM
Where do you live Evo? With a 10km drive home it doesn't sound like they are that close to you.

I have heard it from many coworkers and friends that Calgary BMW is the dealer to go to for service due to a sharp decline in staff quality at Gallery.

After this gets sorted out maybe you should consider changing your dealer?

FraserB
02-26-2015, 08:36 AM
Drone + geo-fence + report as stolen as soon as it leaves the dealer lot

killramos
02-26-2015, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by FraserB
Drone + geo-fence + report as stolen as soon as it leaves the dealer lot

+1

Masked Bandit
02-26-2015, 08:43 AM
Liberties were definitely taken with your lady, no doubt about it. To the layman, it would be assumed that premium brand dealerships are a cut above poor-man dirt holes like Dodge or Chevy but it seems like we hear just as many horror stories. Personally I think they're all crooks and douche-bags, some of them just wear nicer suits.

zipdoa
02-26-2015, 08:43 AM
Also, if you have a dash cam, your case is basically a slam dunk if you catch them bagging it.

killramos
02-26-2015, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by zipdoa
Also, if you have a dash cam, your case is basically a slam dunk if you catch them bagging it.

I think the bigger problem is what is the recourse here even if you do prove they are at fault?

A free oil change?

Fuck that.

Get the tech fired?

Sounds like a great way to find a quart of oil all over your hood one day ( when their equally sleezy friends give them your address)

Sure you can change dealers (which doesn't punish the idiot brat who ripped on your car one bit)

You could report the dealer to BMW NA and get their PeePee slapped, like they care.

but really nothing can bring your car back to its pre bagged state. Regardless of if it was damaged or not.

rage2
02-26-2015, 08:54 AM
There's no point in changing dealers, same owners, same experience. Honestly, if you own a BMW and take it to the dealer for service, just expect this behavior to be the norm. It's part of the BMW ownership experience if you live in this city lol.

killramos
02-26-2015, 08:58 AM
Yea IMO its going to get worse this year when they open their new mega service facility. Meaning your car is no longer serviced at the dealer. And the facility is shared by both dealers.

Meaning they HAVE to drive your car there. Unless you drop it off I guess.

It also means a flood of new hire clown techs who A have no experience and B Are all punks with chips on their shoulders...

VWEvo
02-26-2015, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by rage2
There's no point in changing dealers, same owners, same experience. Honestly, if you own a BMW and take it to the dealer for service, just expect this behavior to be the norm. It's part of the BMW ownership experience if you live in this city lol.

I hate to say this, but as much as I absolutely love BMW's, the service department has been an ongoing issue for me ever since 2006 when I bought my first BMW. With this being the case, I'm not sure I want to own another BMW. Its so friggen retarded that a dealership like BMW Gallery doesn't have basic rules in place to prevent its techs from running around and bagging on clients vehicles.

Disoblige
02-26-2015, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by VWEvo

I hate to say this, but as much as I absolutely love BMW's, the service department has been an ongoing issue for me ever since 2006 when I bought my first BMW. With this being the case, I'm not sure I want to own another BMW. Its so friggen retarded that a dealership like BMW Gallery doesn't have basic rules in place to prevent its techs from running around and bagging on clients vehicles.
2 of my friends say this exact same thing. Love BMW's, hates the service issues so much that they're considering another brand just because of that.

killramos
02-26-2015, 09:06 AM

Definitely let us know every step of what they do for you here. Don't let this rest.

Sugarphreak
02-26-2015, 09:13 AM

rage2
02-26-2015, 09:20 AM
I was hoping when I made my issues public that there would be some policy change to prevent similar incidents from happening. Guess not.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/238337/owned-by-calgary-bmw-scumbags/

Oh well, you're always welcome over here on the dark side. ;)

http://blogs.cars.com/.a/6a00d83451b3c669e2017d3f99eb55970c-800wi

benyl
02-26-2015, 09:21 AM

BMW service is the reason I don't own one anymore even though my wife likes how they drive.

I stayed for my last appointment at Lonestar and they drove my car from the drop off bay, to the mechanic's bay, the car wash (next to the mechanics bay) and then back out to the parking lot.

My fuel usage was through the roof (24L/100 km) but that is because they leave it running for 2 hours. haha

EDIT: My E63 is faster than your M3. :poosie: haha

R154
02-26-2015, 09:23 AM

I sympathize with your plight, I really do. But, how would the dealer group prevent cars from being bagged on? What sort of reliable system could be put into place to prevent employee abuse?

One thing we can all understand, is that, positions that require little formal training or experience usually attract people that treat that job transiently as well. I don’t mean to paint all lower end dealer staff with the same brush, but it seems pretty standard.

Years ago when I was a teen, I worked at Stadium Nissan as a detailer. I remember pulling a subaru forrester into the detail bay right after a lot attendant had taken it to get gas before delivery. That thing smelt like burnt clutch. the brakes were noticeably soft and the intercooler on top was intensely heat soaked. When I power washed the hood >5 min after I pulled it in, PLUMES of steam arose from the intercooler. The gas station was the independent one beside the home depot on 16th. So, less then a km away.
I brought it to the attention of my boss; the service manager, he told me to shut up and clean the car. Shortly thereafter (about a week) I reported the other detailer to the service manager after he backed the parts runner (truck) into a customer car. The service manager told me to mind my own business, that detailer X would report the incident themselves. While the customer was speaking with the service advisor, I went and told the customer what I saw. 30 minutes later I was fired for “bad attitude, poor performance.” At the time I was much to young to understand what had transpired could have been made to be a much bigger deal. Instead I just walked across the bridge and down to the keg, I was working the morning shift the next day, I promptly let go of that experience.

Install a dashcam. Keep records of your time at the dealer. Enough complains will go somewhere... if nothing else take your story (with proof) to the media.

killramos
02-26-2015, 09:24 AM

I was hoping when I made my issues public that there would be some policy change to prevent similar incidents from happening. Guess not.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/238337/owned-by-calgary-bmw-scumbags/

Oh well, you're always welcome over here on the dark side. ;)

http://blogs.cars.com/.a/6a00d83451b3c669e2017d3f99eb55970c-800wi

Is lone star that much better?

We have had nothing but issues with them half assing fixes or making excuses on the CLS...

It does make you wonder if you should be doing as Benyl does and stay for the duration of the service.

VWEvo
Just phoned my service advisor that I was upset with my car being driven hard and my radio being used during the test drive. She said the tech needed to test my collision cameras thus the reason for the drive. I mentioned that the car was driven hard, which she had no explanation but did mention the car is designed to be driven hard. She did mention that with them not finishing the service the vehicle needs to be reprogrammed and it will need to be driven again after. She said that it requires its software update as well. I'm pissed, at this point I don't think I'm going to take the car to the dealership until I have a dashcam installed.

01RedDX

VWEvo
02-26-2015, 09:27 AM
I will also mention, the best service experience I have ever had was with Toyota, specifically Charlesglen. I wish more dealers had the customer service and level of organization as them.

killramos
02-26-2015, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by R154

What sort of reliable system could be put into place to prevent employee abuse?

I brought it to the attention of my boss; the service manager, he told me to shut up and clean the car.

The service manager told me to mind my own business, that detailer X would report the incident themselves.

Maybe a policy of not turning a blind eye to blatant abuse of dealer and customer property?

Whistleblower system?

They could, you know fire or charge people who damage property. Fire enough people and you either accumulate good staff or the idiots wise up.

but no, they dont do that. Instead its seen as status quo to try and get away with everything humanly possible.

benyl
02-26-2015, 09:30 AM
I will also mention, the best service experience I have ever had was with Toyota, specifically Charlesglen. I wish more dealers had the customer service and level of organization as them.

No one wants to bag a Tundra, or anything in the Toyota line up. haha.

When the new Supra comes (if ever), service stories might start cropping up.

killramos
02-26-2015, 09:31 AM
Just phoned my service advisor that I was upset with my car being driven hard and my radio being used during the test drive. She said the tech needed to test my collision cameras thus the reason for the drive. I mentioned that the car was driven hard, which she had no explanation but did mention the car is designed to be driven hard. She did mention that with them not finishing the service the vehicle needs to be reprogrammed and it will need to be driven again after. She said that it requires its software update as well. I'm pissed, at this point I don't think I'm going to take the car to the dealership until I have a dashcam installed.

More bullshit. Its explicit policy (based on what I have read on BMW forums) NOT to perform firmware updates unless the customer is quoting a specific problem. Apparently it takes a couple hours ($$$) hooked up to the computer which is why they don't do it lol.

lilmira
02-26-2015, 09:35 AM
When you drop off the car, get out and get into the back seat lol.

I still prefer to go to small independent shops because the ownes will care more about keeping their existing customers.

rage2
02-26-2015, 09:55 AM
But what if the independent shop is owned by an ex-BMW mechanic that got busted bagging on a customer car? :rofl:

lilmira
02-26-2015, 10:03 AM
That never happens, no one ever get busted abusing customers' cars at dealership, no one.

VWEvo
02-26-2015, 10:13 AM
But what if the independent shop is owned by an ex-BMW mechanic that got busted bagging on a customer car? :rofl:

I'm not sure if you are referring to someone specifically, but there is a BMW mechanic in town that did exactly just this. Now he claims that he drives the cars hard so he can actually diagnose engine issues. I'm not sure if there is any truth in that. In my case, I can't imagine driving hard would be required for a camera issue.

BTW, yes I will seriously consider going to the dark side. For now, I love my M5, my absolute favorite car I have ever owned, largely because it is a manual 6 speed which I will have to give up if I go to Audi or Mercedes.

rage2
02-26-2015, 10:18 AM
I'm not sure if you are referring to someone specifically, but there is a BMW mechanic in town that did exactly just this. Now he claims that he drives the cars hard so he can actually diagnose engine issues. I'm not sure if there is any truth in that. In my case, I can't imagine driving hard would be required for a camera issue.
Yea, talking about someone specifically. He still drives customer cars home. Only reason I'm not naming them is because maybe he has permission to drive customer cars like they're his own?

BTW, yes I will seriously consider going to the dark side. For now, I love my M5, my absolute favorite car I have ever owned, largely because it is a manual 6 speed which I will have to give up if I go to Audi or Mercedes.
Well if you ever want a test drive, a few of us here are more than happy to help you out! :devil:

jaylo
02-26-2015, 10:29 AM
If you are dealing with Devon Glidden from the Service Dept Advisor, then get ready to swallow a bunch of bullshit

They even placed false information on my service record which was deemed fraudulent to cover their asses against the damages they inflicted on my vehicle

Had to go through hoop and loops to make them correct the damages and it was a complete waste of my time and my family's time

I advise you get a dashcam in the future, these things will happen all the time

These techs do not get paid to respect other people's property

roopi
02-26-2015, 10:49 AM

jdmXSI
02-26-2015, 10:51 AM
I understand this is more than upsetting. If there is a resolution that can be made, what would be acceptable for you?

sillysod
02-26-2015, 11:06 AM
My mom bought a 1 year old Z3 there and after she got it I realized the roof didn't go up nicely for her. I took a quick look and saw that the car was in a bad accident and the entire rear of the car was re-built. Since it was twisted the roof didn't close evenly. Brought it up and they pretended that they didn't know and refused to take the car back or refund any money.

When my wife wanted an E60 I figured that they probably smartened up over the years and said ok. Needless to say within a few months I realized nothing changed.

I decided to go to a independent euro shop a little closer to my office instead of dealing with BMW Gallery. I have used George @ TuneDub on my Audi for years and he has been amazing.

Anyways one day I went to pick up the car and watched my wifes car come drifting out of the parking lot sideways shooting gravel everywhere. You have to turn the traction control off etc to do that, the tech knew exactly what he was doing. And come on, it's not an M5 its a 6 cylinder 5 series with a baby seat in the back - why would anyone want to drift that car?

I talked with the owner about it and he apologized and assured they would cover any possible problems that arose from it. I am not worried about something getting damaged by a little drifting (it would be a pretty shitty car if that would wreck it), but that's my wifes car. We don't treat it like that so why should some mechanic be doing it.

So now I take it to Vitek. He's been great so far and although it's tough to get it into him because he is always booked I have never had any problems.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-26-2015, 11:08 AM
Years ago my dad took his Z4M in for a simple warranty oil change at the Gallery and it was given back to him with 50 extra km on it. They wouldn't do anything about it and our family refuses go deal with the Gallery ever since.

(Yes I know both dealers are owned by the same group/owner)

HiTempguy1
02-26-2015, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by R154

I sympathize with your plight, I really do. But, how would the dealer group prevent cars from being bagged on? What sort of reliable system could be put into place to prevent employee abuse?

Zero tolerance of employees abusing vehicles? If it is seen, fired. Possibly put in place a "service manager must authorize vehicles being removed from property for testing purposes". Hell, have it a requirement that employees put a wide-angle go-pro in each vehicle as they work on it (they do it for police nowadays).

Plenty of simple, inexpensive, non-time consuming ways to do this... if you aren't a shaddy dealership.

VWEvo
02-26-2015, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
I understand this is more than upsetting. If there is a resolution that can be made, what would be acceptable for you?

Honestly, I am not looking to be compensated. All I want is an admission that what was done was wrong, and an apology. Secondly, I want to know what will be done to absolutely guarantee that my car, or any other customers cars won't be driven unprofessionally.

It sucks, I'm just in the process of arranging for a dashcam to be installed in my m5 so I can have my service finished. Due to my mistrust in BMW Gallery, it will now cost me roughtly $250+ dollars so I can have some peace of mind my car isn't being driven like it was stolen.

killramos
02-26-2015, 11:30 AM
BMW Canada needs to look at what is being said here, M owners make the company a ton of money. And a 12 dollar an hour service tech is about to drive future business to AMG.

They put millions of R&D into making themselves stand out to competition but it takes one asshole to ruin years of future sales.

They should be giving Tony Dilawri and his dealers a slap upside the head over this.

The_Rural_Juror
02-26-2015, 11:34 AM
Came in to say that I have had extremely poor experiences with Calgary BMW. Car was inoperable for an extended period of time (not talking days) attributed entirely to their incompetency. Escalated the issue to management. Dealership didn't care and did nothing to rectify. Not even an apology. That was just one instance.

Unless their level of service improves, I choose not to purchase any vehicles from either of their dealerships again. Which is too bad because I thought that they are better than that. To date, they have lost 2 new vehicle sales just from me personally.

VWEvo
02-26-2015, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by jaylo
If you are dealing with Devon Glidden from the Service Dept Advisor, then get ready to swallow a bunch of bullshit

I advise you get a dashcam in the future, these things will happen all the time

These techs do not get paid to respect other people's property

I have been dealing with Devon. She has been good to deal with, however she didn't rectify my concerns about my car. Instead she did mention that the cars were designed to be driven hard, at which point I mentioned that they are designed to be driven hard by the customers, not by the technicians diagnosing a camera issue. Its unfortunate she feels that way, as I actually really liked dealing with Devon, but clearly she is looking out for the techinician not the customer.

I have owned a 2006 330i, 2008 M3, 2011 550i, 2012 750i and the 2013 M5. The cars are absolutely amazing, that's why I kept coming back, (and because of Redlyne_MR2), but the service over the years was terrible. A couple of times I had good experiences, but for the most part they have been average or below average experiences.

VWEvo
02-26-2015, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by killramos
BMW Canada needs to look at what is being said here, M owners make the company a ton of money. And a 12 dollar an hour service tech is about to drive future business to AMG.

They put millions of R&D into making themselves stand out to competition but it takes one asshole to ruin years of future sales.

They should be giving Tony Dilawri and his dealers a slap upside the head over this.

I will give the dealership the opportunity to rectify my concerns. If they don't bother to call me or just brush me off, I will escalate it to BMW Canada, however something tells me they may not really care. If this does end up being the case, this will likely be my last BMW.

jaylo
02-26-2015, 11:52 AM

I have been dealing with Devon. She has been good to deal with, however she didn't rectify my concerns about my car. Instead she did mention that the cars were designed to be driven hard, at which point I mentioned that they are designed to be driven hard by the customers, not by the technicians diagnosing a camera issue. Its unfortunate she feels that way, as I actually really liked dealing with Devon, but clearly she is looking out for the techinician not the customer.

I have owned a 2006 330i, 2008 M3, 2011 550i, 2012 750i and the 2013 M5. The cars are absolutely amazing, that's why I kept coming back, (and because of Redlyne_MR2), but the service over the years was terrible. A couple of times I had good experiences, but for the most part they have been average or below average experiences.

Yes, that is her ongoing problem, backing the technicians and service people ALL THE TIME and deferring the issue

I have an assumption she wants to CLIMB up the ladder quick so she's not pissing off anyone

Good luck calling her once she gets annoyed with you she won't call you back, but that's typical Service Advisor tactic

dannie
02-26-2015, 11:52 AM
I never really had issues with services departments until I started dealing with Jaguar and then Jack Carter. The service department was so horrific that when it was time for me to buy a new summer car, even though I loved the F Type-R Convertible, I refused to even go look at it. They had ruined the entire brand for me.

I had bought a turbo SRX from Jack Carter and had so many issues with the service department as a whole, that when it was time for another, I decided it will never be another caddy. Their fuck ups were bad - booked and confirmed an oil change and they had no record. They lost the fob for the car. Three times, I required a ride to work and they forgot that I was waiting. I finally gave up and demanded loaners - which are actually rentals from enterprise. Heres my elitist attitude, but - if im dropping off a higher end car, I would expect something better than a crappy cavalier to drive to work.

I had demanded an apology too from Jack Carter after the third go around with them, but the response was - sorry ma'am, were a busy dealership and things just happen.

I got rid of the Cadillac and have a new Porsche Cayenne and the service department treats me like gold. I can randomly show up and they will do everything in their power to keep me happy (Shout out to Shawn and John if they happen to be on here lol). I sold my Mercedes (not because of the service department at lonestar) and bought an Aston Martin. The guys at Distinctive bend over backwards for me. Both dealerships, I am ecstatic with their service departments. For that, I'm staying with both.

killramos
02-26-2015, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by dannie
The guys at Distinctive bend over backwards for me. Both dealerships, I am ecstatic with their service departments. For that, I'm staying with both.

Which is Ironic because they are still Dilawri dealerships

dannie
02-26-2015, 12:22 PM
^ totally ironic. The staff and service techs are outstanding. So, to me it comes down to proper management opposed to whomever the dealer group is.

Lex350
02-26-2015, 12:29 PM
This is exactly why I went to Lexus. (service) I must say they have been great. I usually drop by car off and get an RX350 as a loaner.

fourrings
02-26-2015, 01:55 PM
I'm not defending BMW at all. I work at another German dealership.

Techs need the engine hot & the oil near operating temp before they can drain the oil for regular services. If the vehicle has been sitting outside all morning, you expect them to take it for a drive to warm up the oil.

Once they have completed the service, they need to set the oil level.
With electronic instruments such as the oil level sensor, this could take up to a 10 minute test drive, again the new oil needs to reach operating temp. The last thing any Tech wants is the vehicle returning for an incorrect oil level, it's almost shameful. All the Techs I've ever worked with respect customer vehicles.

As far as where BMW is located, it's not like they have small side roads to test drive on, mostly deerfoot trail & glenmore, you can easily put 10k on a test drive in that area, just the turn off from deerfoot north to the dealership at least 1km+

Most times when I walk through the shop, vehicles that are being worked on are running idle in Techs bays. This definitely will impact your fuel consumption meter as I've witnessed myself. Honestly if your argument is the fuel consumption reading on the instrument cluster, then you maybe in the wrong.

As far as the Radio station change, that's usually the wash bay operation. Techs are usually listening to vehicle rather than the radio, next time simply decline the complimentary vehicle wash. Dashcam is also a good idea.

CanmoreOrLess
02-26-2015, 02:01 PM
^^^ He speakth much truth. Too bad, I enjoy a good dealer bitch-fest as much as the next Beyonder. ^^^

killramos
02-26-2015, 02:08 PM
fourrings =>>> Four Rings

Hmm well so long as you aren't taking it home to joyride for the weekend :poosie:

:D

fourrings
02-26-2015, 02:27 PM
fourrings =>>> Four Rings

Hmm well so long as you aren't taking it home to joyride for the weekend :poosie:

:D

Now that was a funny story, it sure helps when your wife's a lawyer & has friends at the CBC.

We have nicer service loaners & sales demo vehicles if we wanted to 'use' a vehicle for the weekend.

As far as the OP, most times when you sign a work order at the dealerships you are granting them consent to test drive your vehicle for the purposes of diagnostics, testing, and/or inspection. I'm sure barking up to BMW Canada will get something done for you, if not then maybe for future customers as well, when corporate gets involved managers get shook up.

shakalaka
02-26-2015, 02:28 PM
Unless I absolutely have to and have no choice, I try to stay at the dealership till my car gets the work done. It sucks, cause of course that can't always be the case.

VWEvo
02-26-2015, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by fourrings
I'm not defending BMW at all. I work at another German dealership.

Techs need the engine hot & the oil near operating temp before they can drain the oil for regular services. If the vehicle has been sitting outside all morning, you expect them to take it for a drive to warm up the oil.

Once they have completed the service, they need to set the oil level.
With electronic instruments such as the oil level sensor, this could take up to a 10 minute test drive, again the new oil needs to reach operating temp. The last thing any Tech wants is the vehicle returning for an incorrect oil level, it's almost shameful. All the Techs I've ever worked with respect customer vehicles.

As far as where BMW is located, it's not like they have small side roads to test drive on, mostly deerfoot trail & glenmore, you can easily put 10k on a test drive in that area, just the turn off from deerfoot north to the dealership at least 1km+

Most times when I walk through the shop, vehicles that are being worked on are running idle in Techs bays. This definitely will impact your fuel consumption meter as I've witnessed myself. Honestly if your argument is the fuel consumption reading on the instrument cluster, then you maybe in the wrong.

As far as the Radio station change, that's usually the wash bay operation. Techs are usually listening to vehicle rather than the radio, next time simply decline the complimentary vehicle wash. Dashcam is also a good idea.

Definitely great point, and well worth noting. However, the explanation the dealership gave me was that the tech at to test the collision warning system. That actually doesn't make sense, considering that to set them off, you need to approach a slow moving vehicle at a high speed at which time the car will warn you. So I'm not sure if the tech was gunning it around approaching vehicles at high speed which doesn't sound safe.

Thanks for the info. I have not yet received a call from the Service Manager eventhough I left him a voicemail. I will give him until end of today to phone at which time I will formally file a complaint with BMW Canada.

trevh
02-26-2015, 06:02 PM

Avoid Danielle too; She's a prize.

We deal with Andrew Lobas, he's been stellar from the service side and takes care of business.

civic_stylez
02-26-2015, 09:51 PM
^ totally ironic. The staff and service techs are outstanding. So, to me it comes down to proper management opposed to whomever the dealer group is.

As someone who has worked for Distinctive, I can tell you that we took test drives and client vehicles VERY seriously. Anytime a harder/longer test drive was needed, the client was called and in many cases brought on the test drive especially if we were having issues replicating a problem.

MGCM
02-26-2015, 10:42 PM
pretty soon ppl will buy brand new vehicles and the dealer service dept will never see it.

Also dont forget about park2go, dont use them, worse on your car than dealerships:nut:

VWEvo
02-26-2015, 11:04 PM
Update:

The service manager did not phone me today. I went ahead and emailed BMW Canada. We will see if they care or not. I was clear that I wasn't looking for compensation, just an apology.

Redlined_8000
02-27-2015, 12:50 AM
I had my C63 bagged a little bit at Lone Star. When I picked up my car it was really dirty inside from what I assume guys in coveralls jumping in. Also the rear arm rest was down, so there was passengers lol. I didnt really care to much tho. I just asked them to give me a interior detail and they did. As long as they use the test drive to verify they did the service properly, or diagnosis, im ok with it.

adidas
02-27-2015, 06:45 AM
Test driving a vehicle after an oil change is one thing, testing it after it has had tint installed is another...thanks Shadow Tint.
:thumbsdow

vtec4life
02-27-2015, 12:52 PM
Yea IMO its going to get worse this year when they open their new mega service facility. Meaning your car is no longer serviced at the dealer. And the facility is shared by both dealers.

Meaning they HAVE to drive your car there. Unless you drop it off I guess.

It also means a flood of new hire clown techs who A have no experience and B Are all punks with chips on their shoulders...

What are you talking about?

All of the bays in both dealerships they are just going to be rendered useless? There is no mega service facility opening.

Sugarphreak
02-27-2015, 01:10 PM

jaylo
02-27-2015, 01:16 PM
Update:

The service manager did not phone me today. I went ahead and emailed BMW Canada. We will see if they care or not. I was clear that I wasn't looking for compensation, just an apology.

I told you already.

I had the same exact experience.

As soon as you want something from them, they will NOT call you back or email back and will give you the same bullshit and runaround, wasting your time and effort.

jaylo
02-27-2015, 01:17 PM
...because they already performed the work, got paid by BMW Canada, and not willing to waste their time and effort satisfying a customer like us.

bspot
02-27-2015, 01:23 PM

Yea, talking about someone specifically. He still drives customer cars home. Only reason I'm not naming them is because maybe he has permission to drive customer cars like they're his own?

If you're talking about who I think you are (no clue about bagging customer's cars, just the rest of the description) he can do whatever the hell he wants as far as I'm concerned as he's the only honest BMW mechanic I've encountered in this city and actually seems interested in helping people out, even if you're doing the work yourself.

Plus my wife's BMW is a total POS. No one would be interested in bagging on that :rofl:

M.alex
02-27-2015, 03:20 PM
F Type-R Convertible,

turbo SRX

a new Porsche Cayenne

Mercedes

Aston Martin..

No wonder I have to pay so much to register my 7 cars each year!:rofl:

dannie
02-27-2015, 03:45 PM
^ don't hate the player Alex, hate the game :D

vengie
02-27-2015, 03:47 PM
^ don't hate the player Alex, hate the game :D

What do you do, and how do you do it?:eek:

redblack
02-27-2015, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Not surprising... all of the dealerships I have dealt with never seem to follow up. Minus Honda West, I have had nothing but good experiences with them.

Shaw GMC removed my spare tire carrier on my truck (I assume to access the fuel pump, or one of the techs decided I wasn't using it, so they would just take it off my hands as they are universal). I called them repeatedly for weeks, each time they said they would look into it... and never got back to me. I finally gave up.

Ditto on Glenmore Audi, they never followed up with me to see the dash cam video... just gave me the brush off. I figure whenever my next service comes up and they call to schedule service, I will remind them about the douchebaggery that went on last time... losing business is usually a good motivator, although they have burned the bridge already. Sadly, Audi is another brand I will be avoiding in the future given that it is the same owner for both dealerships.

You should give glenmore audi's satellite repair shop a try. Ive never had an issue there with the service department.

sillysod
02-27-2015, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by bspot

If you're talking about who I think you are (no clue about bagging customer's cars, just the rest of the description) he can do whatever the hell he wants as far as I'm concerned as he's the only honest BMW mechanic I've encountered in this city and actually seems interested in helping people out, even if you're doing the work yourself.

Plus my wife's BMW is a total POS. No one would be interested in bagging on that :rofl:

Just in case anyone is wondering it is NOT Vitek they are talking about.

HiTempguy1
02-27-2015, 03:57 PM

Not surprising... all of the dealerships I have dealt with never seem to follow up.

Well, I mean, from a business perspective, if all of their clients are pushovers like you who just let it go, why would they? ;) I'm j/k, but seriously...

Its kind of a two way street; the customers need to hold the businesses accountable in order for them to be accountable. Why would they if the people don't bother?

I'm not saying its right, but giving up after somebody blows you off for a couple hundred dollars seems like a poor response to the problem.

rage2
02-27-2015, 04:05 PM
Hey jaylo. Devon isn't happy you posted a review of her work. I've told her I'm forwarding her request to you. Here's her email.

Please see attached thread from your forum.
This has been brought to my attention from a friend who frequents your sight. I have no desire to be on these sights as they are more often than not mis construed.
I would appreciate this post with my name clearly posted removed.
I believe if a person has a problem with me to contact me directly to have whatever issues resolved. Not posted over a sight.
I look forward to your earliest response.

Best regards,

Devon Glidden
Service Consultant
BMW Gallery

Thanks.

M.alex
02-27-2015, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by vengie

What do you do, and how do you do it?:eek:

she hands out pretty colored stickers :rofl:

sillysod
02-27-2015, 04:12 PM
Hey jaylo. Devon isn't happy you posted a review of her work. I've told her I'm forwarding her request to you. Here's her email.

Thanks.

let's just hope that auto-correct went nuts on the iphone

KRyn
Devon Glidden needs to learn the difference between the words site and sight.

spikerS

shakalaka

G-ZUS
02-27-2015, 04:13 PM

Thanks.

Beyond is a site IMO

spikerS
02-27-2015, 04:14 PM

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-27-2015, 04:17 PM
In for the popcorn.

Sugarphreak
02-27-2015, 04:18 PM

M.alex
02-27-2015, 04:20 PM

Thanks.

Is she a HS drop-out, lol. If you're going to make a formal request for something at least learn to spell properly :rofl:

16hypen3sp
02-27-2015, 04:21 PM
This is getting interesting.

shakalaka
02-27-2015, 04:21 PM
This has the potential to turn into one of those, "govern yourself accordingly" situations. lol

M.alex
02-27-2015, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
In for the popcorn.

in 4 cam noods when they're found?

KRyn
02-27-2015, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by M.alex

Is she a HS drop-out, lol. If you're going to make a formal request for something at least learn to spell properly :rofl:

Originally posted by shakalaka
This has the potential to turn into one of those, "govern yourself accordingly" situations. lol

Or end it with "govern yourself accordingly" at the very minimum.

Mitsu3000gt
02-27-2015, 04:26 PM
How does one remove something from a "sight" that has already been seen?

Also it's funny how they can't even be bothered to call back VW Evo, yet are requesting something be done on their behalf haha. In the time it took her to write that email, they could have given him a call instead.

sillysod
02-27-2015, 04:30 PM
seeing a lot of this here....

http://i.imgur.com/l9zKYHF.gif

VWEvo
02-27-2015, 04:34 PM
As much as I know you want this thread to be entertaining I would appreciate you keep it clean and leave any personal attacks against Devon out of this. She has been professional with me, and has treated me with the upmost respect, I would appreciate we do the same or I will ask Rage to delete this thread.

Update: I did receive an email from BMW Gallery. For now I feel better about the explanation, I am still not 100% satisfied with everything, but they did end up emailing me and trying to rectify my concerns. Here is the email I received.

Hello Mr. Dhesi,

I did not send this yesterday when I first became aware of your comments on the forum noted below, as I understood you were bringing the car back in today (February 27, 2015). Yes, your car would have had 8km more than when you dropped it off. We have a specified, mandatory test drive route, that our technicians must take after doing such work as was done on your car. Though a fairly routine maintenance, as the car is an M5, It is labour intensive, hence the request to keep the car overnight. Of note, 7 of the 10 individual operations were completed.

One of the procedures was replacement of the spark plugs. The first step for which is to disconnect the battery, which clears the trip computer (fuel consumption). After this, the car is idled in the shop until up to operating temperature (high fuel usage) then road tested.

The technician who was working on your vehicle is an experienced, career, factory trained BMW technician who has the opportunity to drive every model and vintage of BMW on a regular basis. This is someone who is very unlikely to put his career on the line by driving your car in any way other than appropriately.

At this point in time, I have not recieved a message to call you (voice-mail, hand written or otherwise). If you still have questions pertaining to our procedures when handling a customer's vehicle, I would be happy to address them at any time.

Best Regards,

Russ Murray

Masked Bandit
02-27-2015, 04:42 PM
Reasonable response? Come on man, how are things supposed to blow up now?

leftwing
02-27-2015, 04:44 PM

KRyn
02-27-2015, 04:46 PM

Update: I did receive an email from BMW Gallery. For now I feel better about the explanation, I am still not 100% satisfied with everything, but they did end up emailing me and trying to rectify my concerns. Here is the email I received.

Do you honestly believe this line "...the car is idled in the shop until up to operating temperature (high fuel usage)..."?

You should go reset your trip computer and idle your car for a minute and see what kind of fuel useage is reported.

rage2
02-27-2015, 04:47 PM
VWEvo doesn't want things to blow up. He just wants a resolution to his concerns.

I'm treating this thread like I do every single negative review. I'm going to be public with all communications.

VWEvo, we're more than happy to remove the thread if that's what you want. Just have to ask.

Thanks.

redblack
02-27-2015, 04:51 PM

I didn't even know they had one, where is it?

4702 – 1st Street SE - I usually deal with Garrett, Hes a straight up no BS guy

M.alex
02-27-2015, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Reasonable response? Come on man, how are things supposed to blow up now?

I'm still holding out hope somebody uncovers cam noods of Devon to spice things up here :rofl:

SOAB
02-27-2015, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by KRyn

Do you honestly believe this line "...the car is idled in the shop until up to operating temperature (high fuel usage)..."?

You should go reset your trip computer and idle your car for a minute and see what kind of fuel useage is reported.

not picking any sides here but I reset one of my fuel mileage indicators after every fill-up and if I don't drive it very far before a red light, it can get up over 30L/k very quickly.

VWEvo
02-27-2015, 05:06 PM

Good idea, I will go home and try this out. I'll even park the car outside in the cold, bring it inside and allow it to idle for 20 mins, then take it for a 8 km drive. If the fuel consumption reads 21.5L/100km's then BMW Gallery wins and I will give them full benefit of the doubt :)

VWEvo doesn't want things to blow up. He just wants a resolution to his concerns.

I'm treating this thread like I do every single negative review. I'm going to be public with all communications.

VWEvo, we're more than happy to remove the thread if that's what you want. Just have to ask.

Thanks.

If the attacks against Devon don't stop, yes we will close the thread and no one will find out the ending of my fuel consumption experiment at home with the m5

KRyn
02-27-2015, 05:24 PM

Good idea, I will go home and try this out. I'll even park the car outside in the cold, bring it inside and allow it to idle for 20 mins, then take it for a 8 km drive. If the fuel consumption reads 21.5L/100km's then BMW Gallery wins and I will give them full benefit of the doubt :)

If the attacks against Devon don't stop, yes we will close the thread and no one will find out the ending of my fuel consumption experiment at home with the m5

I can't imagine the car’s computer would register fuel used while idling as part of your average consumption. Wouldn’t this greatly skew your average consumption and make it even further off the manufacture’s claimed MPG ratings?

Yall better stop the attacks beyond members or I will be real upset. I want to find out about the at home fuel consumption tests as I believe BMW told VWEvo a lie.

benyl
02-27-2015, 05:28 PM

I can't imagine the car’s computer would register fuel used while idling as part of your average consumption. Wouldn’t this greatly skew your average consumption and make it even further off the manufacture’s claimed MPG ratings?

Idling is most definitely part of average consumption on BMWs and MBs.

16hypen3sp
02-27-2015, 05:29 PM

I'm interested to see the outcome.

jaylo
02-27-2015, 05:29 PM

Thanks.

...hard to follow-up when she refuses to return my calls or emails (not going to waste time if they do not care about their customers).

I am not even going to go on how much frustration and anxiety they put my whole family through the ordeal I went through dealing with their "professional" service department.

My review has been sent to the BMW Satisfaction Survey by BMW Canada. They can deal with BMW Canada with in regards of the review.