PDA

View Full Version : Good God, a cruel bullet

Thales of Miletus
03-02-2015, 08:59 PM
G2 research has made a bullet that will not instantly kill, but instead cause a long painful death.

The bullet fractures on impact and then slices through the body. It does not have a lot of surface kinetic force, so it won't stop a person who is charging you. But after you shoot them they will suffer incredibly as a kinetic wave of fragments will spread in all directions.

Sounds like the perfect bullet for deranged terrorists.

http://g2rip.com/

Robin Goodfellow
03-02-2015, 09:11 PM
http://cdn.theboxotruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/32-1.jpg

:dunno:

Modelexis
03-02-2015, 09:29 PM
I know someone that owns a bunch of rounds like this.

FraserB
03-02-2015, 09:46 PM
Muzzle energy and velocity are comparable, if not higher, than Federal FMJ/JHP ammo. All that this round does is punch through heavier clothing and create a large wound tract. But The Truth About Guns did some tests and had some issues feeding, so probably not a great self-defense round. It is designed to, and would, stop a threat. It is not designed to prolong or cause suffering.

Regular hollow points would probably more reliable long run. Or PDX1 12 shotgun rounds.

Darell_n
03-02-2015, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Robin Goodfellow
http://cdn.theboxotruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/32-1.jpg

:dunno:

Looks like my gopher rounds, and yes I'm sure they work exactly as described by OP. (Trunincated hypervelocity hollow points stop a charging gopher the quickest)

ZenOps
03-02-2015, 11:07 PM
Hollow point?

Darell_n
03-02-2015, 11:10 PM
Well the picture doesn't show hollow points, just split points that were cut with a pocket knife.

Thales of Miletus
03-02-2015, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps
Hollow point?

The Hague Convention prohibits the use of these bullets in war. But in America they are perfectly legal to use on your neighbor.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag472/C_is_for_Cookie/american%20psycho_zpsbwayfigh.jpg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/C_is_for_Cookie/media/american%20psycho_zpsbwayfigh.jpg.html)

civic_stylez
03-02-2015, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

The Hague Convention prohibits the use of these bullets in war. But in America they are perfectly legal to use on your neighbor.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag472/C_is_for_Cookie/american%20psycho_zpsbwayfigh.jpg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/C_is_for_Cookie/media/american%20psycho_zpsbwayfigh.jpg.html)

LOL great quote... sad but true. We will respect ISIS and not use them but when some kid TP's your house, make sure to rip a half dozen of these through him.

Darell_n
03-02-2015, 11:48 PM
Cost > Hague Convention x1000.

Robin Goodfellow
03-03-2015, 12:22 AM

Truly chilling pictures.

BigMass
03-03-2015, 07:47 AM

oh shit!! that was only your neighbor's kid coming home late after a party and was going into the wrong house by mistake! What have you done!

JRSC00LUDE
03-03-2015, 08:00 AM
While I don't know what the original post states, it seems obvious by the responses that it is to decry these brutal bullets which, to be fair, are so unlike a "traditional" bullet. These one's intention seem to be to incapacitate/kill.

Oh. The humanity.

DeleriousZ
03-03-2015, 08:03 AM
http://i.imgur.com/WACv9Cl.jpg

killramos
03-03-2015, 08:08 AM
How are these bullets largely different from Varmint Grenades which have been on the market and popular for years?

These bullets have plenty of stopping power actually, they are just designed to have a larger wound tract, which in turn leads to more energy transferred to the subject.

For those who think they could take of these to the chest and keep coming at someone :nut:

While these things might seem ultra deadly to you you should see what even a solid tip 5.56mm will do to tissue.... Way worse than any silly fragmenting bullet...

FraserB
03-03-2015, 08:13 AM
^ Pretty much.

The people buying these are the ones with the fantasies of hearing a burglar, grabbing their nine and clearing their house like they're SWAT.

It's a gimmicky, overpriced round that falls short of better options.

ZenOps
03-03-2015, 10:01 AM
So goes the theory that you only need one really good bullet.

Really though, one perfectly weighted right in the chamber is what you really want. Every successive one you can cheap out on because the vast majority of the time, that first one - which might be the only one you need is by far the most important one.

In which case, you probably don't want a hollow as your first one - as its shape does more damage, but is probably less accurate in the air.

If you have to squeeze off a second time, then it just about firing off as many as you can.

Thales of Miletus
03-03-2015, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by killramos
How are these bullets largely different from Varmint Grenades which have been on the market and popular for years?

These bullets have plenty of stopping power actually, they are just designed to have a larger wound tract, which in turn leads to more energy transferred to the subject.

For those who think they could take of these to the chest and keep coming at someone :nut:

While these things might seem ultra deadly to you you should see what even a solid tip 5.56mm will do to tissue.... Way worse than any silly fragmenting bullet...

These are cooper bullets. They do not deform and leave a large hole in the body. Instead they stay in shape and cleanly slice through organs.

A 357 has stopping power with a softer bullet. It makes a half in hole going in and a 1 foot hole going out.

Thales of Miletus
03-03-2015, 01:33 PM
So goes the theory that you only need one really good bullet.

Really though, one perfectly weighted right in the chamber is what you really want. Every successive one you can cheap out on because the vast majority of the time, that first one - which might be the only one you need is by far the most important one.

Just buy a S&W 500. You don't even need to fire a bullet. Just use the gun as a club.

FraserB
03-03-2015, 01:50 PM
These are cooper bullets. They do not deform and leave a large hole in the body. Instead they stay in shape and cleanly slice through organs.

The rounds you showed in the first post break apart, they don't stay intact.

killramos
03-03-2015, 01:52 PM

A 357 has stopping power with a softer bullet. It makes a half in hole going in and a 1 foot hole going out.

Not sure what cooper bullets are, but assuming you mean copper then who cares? These bullets still do not readily exit the the body.

Since you are a physics expert what would you say about a bullet that STAYS INSIDE the target after being hit in terms of energy transfer?

Last time i checked it was pretty high...

As for your 357 magnum story you watch to much hollywood tv... You realize that there are a a near limitless number of projectiles that can be loaded into a 357 magnum cartridge? Including projectiles just like this one?

You don't know anything about guns or ammunition do you?

Here is a nice example of one of your beloved Geneva Convention friendly solid bullets ripping through ballistics gel. Pretty fucking deadly.

https://blackhillsammo.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/5-56-62-tsx-gel-16-in-barrel.jpg

Edit my bad, this is a TSX hunting bullet based on the picture text. They look very similar in gel to a solid projectile however.

Here is a solid fmj 9mm for example.

http://www.black-hills.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/9-MM-115-FMJ-9-25-2012.jpg

JRSC00LUDE
03-03-2015, 01:57 PM
killramos, how dare you imply that "regular" copper bullets aren't intended to do grievous harm and/or kill? Are you a simpleton? These FANCY bullets are meant to endanger life! :eek:

Perhaps bullets are only safe if they are made in a Union factory?

Thales of Miletus
03-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
killramos, how dare you imply that "regular" copper bullets aren't intended to do grievous harm and/or kill? Are you a simpleton? These FANCY bullets are meant to endanger life! :eek:

Perhaps bullets are only safe if they are made in a Union factory?

You sure like being a smart ass.

Well I am here to tell you that you are at least 50% successful.

No shit the 347 can be loaded with many kinds of ammo. But it has far more stopping power than the 9mms that most cops carry. I'd rather a DE 5.0 with a muzzle brake than a 9mm.

And the bullets in the original post are designed to cause suffering.

http://aattp.org/terrifying-new-bullet-designed-for-maximum-suffering-introducing-the-r-i-p/

ZenOps
03-03-2015, 02:50 PM
A regular bullet is survivable if it exits clean and in the right spot.

The *frag* bullets are not. Even if you survive the initial hit, there is that much more to dig out as a surgeon, greatly reducing chances.

JRSC00LUDE
03-03-2015, 02:56 PM
So, in other words, a "frag" bullet is more effective at its intended purpose. Excellent. :thumbsup:

Good thing for all us armchair G's that these things weren't around back when fiddy' got shot.

Thales of Miletus
03-03-2015, 02:57 PM
A regular bullet is survivable if it exits clean and in the right spot.

The *frag* bullets are not. Even if you survive the initial hit, there is that much more to dig out as a surgeon, greatly reducing chances.

Agreed.

There are bullets that can be programmed to explode next to a target. i.e. Hit a window then explode five feet later.

There are even electronically fired bullets for the 1 million round a minute metal storm.

But this latest bullet from G2 seems especially unethical.

interesting weapons. vvvvvv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2_2cCmzovc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFjGbOyd2ek

killramos
03-03-2015, 02:58 PM

No shit the 347 can be loaded with many kinds of ammo. But it has far more stopping power than the 9mms that most cops carry. I prefer a DE 5.0 with a muzzle brake.

And the bullets in the original post are designed to cause suffering.

http://aattp.org/terrifying-new-bullet-designed-for-maximum-suffering-introducing-the-r-i-p/

If you really think you will use a 50AE Desert Eagle for self defense, muzzle brake or not, you are very much reinforcing my point that you know absolutely nothing about guns...

I would love to see a quote outlining how the bullet was explicitly designed to cause a target suffering? You know, one from the people who actually designed the projectile.

Oh and please feel free to use a REPUTABLE source for said quote. Unlike Americans Against the Tea Party .org :facepalm:

And you have the gall to call people Fox News bandwagoners? :nut:

Thales of Miletus
03-03-2015, 03:04 PM

If you really think you will use a 50AE Desert Eagle for self defense, muzzle brake or not, you are very much reinforcing my point that you know absolutely nothing about guns...

I would love to see a quote outlining how the bullet was explicitly designed to cause a target suffering? You know, one from the people who actually designed the projectile.

Oh and please feel free to use a REPUTABLE source for said quote. Unlike Americans Against the Tea Party .org :facepalm:

And you have the gall to call people Fox News bandwagoners? :nut:

Your need to post contrary info, and challenge every post, is displaying your insecurity complex.

It is hard to imagine you being Canadian. Usually only Americans have such a need to look like a keyboard hero.

vengie
BAN BULLETS!! BAN GUNS!! WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

Killaramos has done a nice job in this thread.

Thales, if you think this bullet is bad, you should see what 00 buckshot will do out of my 590a1.

Nitro5
Wholy fuck Thales is now a firearms expert. Is this one of your Red Seals, or is it the degree?

JRSC00LUDE
03-03-2015, 03:07 PM
Having spent some time with both the 50AE Desert Eagle and the M107 Barrett rifle I can confidently say that they are the WORST self defense weapon one could ask for, especially the Desert Eagle. It's just a lifted diesel for gun guys.

I'll take a 9mm AR with a digital scope any day of the week, you literally cannot miss your target. "Frag" bullets in sidearm would just be a bonus if the longer range shots missed. :poosie:

EDIT - Great point raised above, a nice assault oriented shotgun with the right spread would annihilate this so called "cruel" bullet's result.

At the end of the day though they're all still made for killing so the philosopher's point is, well, pointless. Like usual.

killramos
03-03-2015, 03:10 PM

You are obviously not a Canadian. You bitch and whine as if you are from some land where being a dumb whiney bitch is the status quo. You must be from Pakistan or Texas.

I am the one being a little bitch while you are calling a deadly weapon cruel?

You are the one whining and bitching about the existence of a bullet that, while having great advertising on the internet, is no more deadly, painful, or really dangerous than the vast majority of projectiles on the market. Its also not even new...

Only you could say that a single one of my posts in this thread is whining.

And I have done a great deal of whining on beyond :rofl:

Maybe you should consider the root cause of why everyone on this site calls out your shit, because you are actually full of it.

Thales of Miletus
03-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Having spent some time with both the 50AE Desert Eagle and the M107 Barrett rifle I can confidently say that they are the WORST self defense weapon one could ask for, especially the Desert Eagle. It's just a lifted diesel for gun guys.

I'll take a 9mm AR with a digital scope any day of the week, you literally cannot miss your target. "Frag" bullets in sidearm would just be a bonus if the longer range shots missed. :poosie:

EDIT - Great point raised above, a nice assault oriented shotgun with the right spread would annihilate this so called "cruel" bullet's result.

At the end of the day though they're all still made for killing so the philosopher's point is, well, pointless. Like usual.

Are you really wishing to get into a flame war with me?

I can be quite nasty and that sort of behavior will do the board no favors.

It does seem that you have a nice little group of minions that follow you around however. So maybe someone does need to shut you up.

But instead of calling you are retard, I think I will concentrate on being pedantic, so that the whiners can't make broad interpretations about what I am trying to say.

vengie
03-03-2015, 03:17 PM

I can be quite nasty and that sort of behavior will do the board no favors.

I knew some people were into 50 shades of grey... but come on! This is a public forum.

Thales of Miletus
03-03-2015, 03:18 PM
The theme of this thread.

To use bullets that are banned in war, against your fellow citizen, requires a person who is fucked up in the head.

I had to restate the obvious, as it seems there are members who will try to reframe the topic in order to whine about it.

example Me "I think junk food should be banned from schools".
Retard response. "You are trying to starve the children".

Thales of Miletus
03-03-2015, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by vengie

I knew some people were into 50 shades of grey... but come on! This is a public forum.

The ability to speak well and behave morally, when there is no social consequence, speaks more about the quality of a person than does anything else.

You have probably heard, that a drunk asshole, is simply an asshole who isn't drunk.

In other words, a piece of glass enables the worst in people, road rage and epic e-thuggery.

vengie
03-03-2015, 03:21 PM
[size=6]The theme of this thread.

What if said child doesn't know the difference between healthy and unhealthy food? Why would you want to punish the child by starving them? That is terrible.

killramos
03-03-2015, 03:22 PM
I have a new theory, Thales obviously has a complex regarding how he must be smarter than everyone else.

He has been entirely unsuccessful in convincing everyone that he is a genius thus far.

So now his second attempt is is that since he obviously has an IQ barely above average that everyone else has to be retarded for him to be superior.

:rofl:

You should really talk to someone New Toma.

Thales of Miletus
03-03-2015, 03:24 PM

What if said child doesn't know the difference between healthy and unhealthy food? Why would you want to punish the child by starving them? That is terrible.

What if the child doesn't know the dumb end from the useful end of a chainsaw?

vengie
03-03-2015, 03:26 PM

What if the child doesn't know the dumb end from the useful end of a chainsaw?

Why would you give a child access to a chainsaw??? SO not only would you starve a child, but you would allow them to play with a chainsaw! I am sensing a pattern here...

FraserB
03-03-2015, 03:26 PM
The theme of this thread.

To use bullets that are banned in war, against your fellow citizen, requires a person who is fucked up in the head.

I had to restate the obvious, as it seems there are members who will try to reframe the topic in order to whine about it.

It's two different issues and a partial misinterpretation.

Hollow point ammunition is prohibited in international warfare by the Hague Convention because of the St. Petersburg Declaration of 1868 which banned exploding projectiles of less than 400g.

At the same time, hollow point ammunition is safer and more effective than typical FMJ ammunition, which would factor into the police and civilians using it extensively. JHP ammunition typically won't over-penetrate and transmits more force to its target. Both highly desirable traits to both police and a user in a self defense situation.

Curious as to which .50 pistol you're using?

JRSC00LUDE
03-03-2015, 03:29 PM
Wow. This guy does seem to possess a vast capacity to understand no one's logic/beliefs but his own, it's impressive really. He is equally stubborn as Arash and, perhaps more delusional it would seem....albeit in a different way. How long till the name calling devolves to threats from our gracious savior of intellect I wonder?

Whatever, it's been amusing for a couple days but I really should focus back on underpaying our staff while depriving them of their basic human dignities and, trouncing on minorities.

Stay classy San Beyondo!

Thales of Miletus
03-03-2015, 03:30 PM
I have a new theory, Thales obviously has a complex regarding how he must be smarter than everyone else.

He has been entirely unsuccessful in convincing everyone that he is a genius thus far.

So now his second attempt is is that since he obviously has an IQ barely above average that everyone else has to be retarded for him to be superior.

:rofl:

You should really talk to someone New Toma.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

I am sorry I have used fancy two syllable words that have cause you consternation. I will try to keep my posts to cave drawings and grunts.

Since I rarely meet someone like yourself. I have to ask, how dumb do I have to talk?

Like Forrest Gump retarded or simply as if you are a typical American? i.e. retardeder than dirt.

killramos
03-03-2015, 03:33 PM
You know, i have never on this site had a sig. That quote is definitely sigworthy :rofl:

Definitely up there with a Bannerjee quote :nut:, he thought he was pretty damn smart to

Thales of Miletus
03-03-2015, 03:34 PM
Wow. This guy.....Blah blah blah....pontificating philistine....blah blah blah.....to be or not to be........blah blah blah........I have the IQ of a turnip... blah blah blah

Blahdios Blahyond

Never mind bullets.

I just have to throw a roll of toilet paper at you.

vengie
03-03-2015, 03:36 PM

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

I am sorry I have used fancy two syllable words that have cause you consternation. I will try to keep my posts to cave drawings and grunts.

Since I rarely meet someone like yourself. I have to ask, how dumb do I have to talk?

Like Forrest Gump retarded or simply as if you are a typical American? i.e. retardeder than dirt.

Your opening sentence was completely derailed by the rest of your post.

Also, the fact you feel the need to belittle someone in an attempt to make yourself look intellectually superior just proves how inferior you truly are.

True superior minds would not be phased by what is written on a public message board.

Nitro5
03-03-2015, 03:38 PM

Never mind bullets.

I just have to throw a roll of toilet paper at you.

You heathen, toilet paper guns both violate the Hague, but are environmentally devastating

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/072012/1341250482_toilet_paper_gun_prank.gif

Thales of Miletus
03-03-2015, 03:39 PM

Your opening sentence was completely derailed by the rest of your post.

Also, the fact you feel the need to belittle someone in an attempt to make yourself look intellectually superior just proves how inferior you truly are.

True superior minds would not be phased by what is written on a public message board.

Satire is a bitch huh?

Originally posted by Nitro5

You heathen, toilet paper guns both violate the Hague, but are environmentally devastating

But they are so good at wiping out assholes.

vengie
03-03-2015, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Nitro5

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/072012/1341250482_toilet_paper_gun_prank.gif

I genuinely laughed, that is fantastic.

Thales of Miletus
03-03-2015, 03:42 PM
You know, i have never on this site had a sig. That quo

Definitely up there with a Bannerjee quote :nut:, he thought he was pretty damn smart to

Have you managed to count to ten yet, without ending up in the hospital?

1, 2, 5, Banana, Q, bang.

vengie
03-03-2015, 03:43 PM

You must have been picked on quite a bit as a child.

killramos
03-03-2015, 03:43 PM

Nope but its good to have Goals in life :rofl:

Thales of Miletus
03-03-2015, 03:45 PM

You must have been picked on quite a bit as a child.

Yup. But all of my tormentors are dead now, so no worries.

vengie
03-03-2015, 03:46 PM

Was Jesus a nice person?

JRSC00LUDE
03-03-2015, 03:47 PM
I almost want to go through all the "This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]" to see who he's fighting with but you guys are doing a rather (unfortunate) good job at quoting the childish rants.

Why do people always go on the attack when they realize they're actually being seen for what they are? It is really a pitiful way of trying to preserve that image of themselves they hold so dear and quite honestly, a blatant admission that the people who say the things that have angered them are right. Water off a duck's back, till you peel back the feathers.....

Oops, I forgot to focus on my subjugation...stop sidetracking me or I'll never complete bringing all these poor souls to their non-unionized ruin! :whipped:

Now leave the poor soul alone and their purposefully inflammatory comments and threads alone. Concede so the E-ego can heal as compassion, however digital, is kindness. As it is in binary, so it is in life. Amen.

Thales of Miletus
03-03-2015, 03:49 PM

Was Jesus a nice person?

Yeah, but it pissed me off when he would chew his nails at the dinner table. I would say "Just get a claw hammer and pull them out for your sake".

Thales of Miletus
03-03-2015, 03:50 PM
I almost want to go through all the "This person is on yo.blah blah blah .

Oh yeah? !

killramos
03-03-2015, 03:52 PM

Must of been cause they all worked dangerous non-union jobs eh?

Thales of Miletus
03-03-2015, 07:24 PM

Must of been cause they all worked dangerous non-union jobs eh?

I thought you killed them with your epic come backs.