PDA

View Full Version : Any heavy home lifters here?

RAGINGHULK
03-08-2004, 11:40 PM
I recently began training at home (well twice a week and twice at the gym) and even though I used to do it, now I'm starting to like it again. I bought a squat cage and am slowly buying more plates and equipment to eventually have a great studio to train in.
Anyone else do the same here in Calgary??

RAGINGHULK

ecstasy_civic
03-08-2004, 11:49 PM
How much was your cage?

Im looking for something like that, the one at my gym is to tippy, especially for trap exercises.

JordanLotoski
03-08-2004, 11:56 PM
nahhh man...i tryed workin out at home....i need the motivation of having others around.....to gloomy in my basement

Marsh
03-09-2004, 12:09 AM
i like working out at home but my equipment is too old and well its crap to say the least....still enjoy it more than a gym durin peak rush though

RAGINGHULK
03-09-2004, 12:13 AM
Don't get me wrong, when I need to do real heavy lifts like the squat or deadlift I need to go to the gym for some motivation (except our gym plays the music really quiet ) well, not nearly as loud as I'd want it to be. LOL.

Training at home does allow me to hammer through my workouts instead of b.s.ing with others plus I an be more innovative and try stuff (at home ) that I haven't done for a long time at the gym.

RAGINGHULK
p.s. - do most people here workout at Gold's or????

davidI
03-09-2004, 12:21 AM
I work out at Westside. All I have for a 'home gym' is a bencch that is inclineable with a barbell support and it also has a leg extesion thing on it. I really don't like working out at home though because I can't do the range of excercises that I would be able to do at the gym. The only time I really use it is if I'm really skipping out on my workouts and need to do just a half assed workout. If I had more space then I think I'd build myself a pimpin' home gym!

JordanLotoski
03-09-2004, 12:25 AM
i workout at golds

RAGINGHULK
03-09-2004, 11:10 PM
I train at North Hill World Health club whenever I'm not training at home (which is usaully Saturday and Sunday).
I've been to the Richmond Golds and it's pretty sweet. Tons of room, good cardio equip and ample free weights.

Never checked out Westside but I've heard a load of good stuf about it. The good thing about World health is the gym is pretty hardcore but there's alos tons of hot girls that train there. Always a bonus!

RAGINGHULK

davidI
03-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by RAGINGHULK

Never checked out Westside but I've heard a load of good stuf about it. The good thing about World health is the gym is pretty hardcore but there's alos tons of hot girls that train there. Always a bonus!

RAGINGHULK

Westside has nice equipment and everything but it's definatley not hardcore which makes it sort of suck. There are too many wanna be thugs and teenie boppers that just go there to 'hang out.' Most of the guys that work out there are just choci posers as well. I just have a memebership there because it's a couple blocks from my house and it only costs me $150 since my mom has a membership there and I'm a student. I'll definately be trying a golds or world health once I know longer qualify for the cheap membership. There are a few hot girls that go there but most of them are just tempting me into qualifying for a lifetime membership at pound me in the ass prison.

RAGINGHULK
03-11-2004, 10:35 AM
Lovely..I hate those salespeople...idoiots!!!!!

Take care man. Hey David how old are you and how long have you been training for? At westside or whatever?

RAGINGHULK

Def_3
03-11-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by SIRCANADA
i workout at golds :thumbsup:

westside is alright, nice equipment, dope track, it just bothers me with all the eleventeenies runnin around!!:guns:

SoSlowDx
03-13-2004, 07:51 PM
Nope but I definitely trained at work...a lot of lifting is good...

tc3
03-14-2004, 08:08 PM
Hey guys,
Anyone interested in my cage??
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37577
Thats what I use at home.
thx
TC

hockeybronx
04-09-2004, 10:03 PM
I've built myself a pretty good system in my basement.

I've got a 70 lb punching bag, a treadmill, a bench with 6 exercises on it, free weights, a 20 pound bar.

It's more convenient for me, I just work out then go have a shower and go to bed right away, I feel great in the morning.

Benny
04-10-2004, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
It's more convenient for me, I just work out then go have a shower and go to bed right away, I feel great in the morning.

Exactly.:thumbsup:

Marsh
04-11-2004, 01:20 PM
has Anyone tried the Bowflex? if yes, what did you think of it?

hockeybronx
04-11-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Marsh
has Anyone tried the Bowflex? if yes, what did you think of it?

IMHO I think the BowFlex is all hype. For one the advertising is misleading, does anybody actually think you can achieve what the actors on the commercials have working out 20 minutes three times a week?

I think the key to the Bowflex is that it teaches the best workouts for each muscle group through it's videos and training manuals, and saves time through the power rods so you don't have to always change the weights or grab new equipment. The testimonial people also are put on a really strict diet plan as well. They are people who go from doing basically nothing to dieting and working out so of course there's going to be quick change.

For me for the price of the Bowflex I would rather look up the top exercises off the internet and make myself a routine and gym system for myself.