PDA

View Full Version : Some noises coming from my Integra

ThreePly
06-03-2002, 11:59 PM
Hi all, I have a 1996 integra, and I have a few questions about some noises coming from my car.

1) When I push in the clutch, it squeeks. Perhaps something to do with clutch fluid?

2) There's a rattling noise coming from underneath my car in the exhaust system. The sound is resonating from somewhere near front axels(it's not coming form the axels, it's just coming from around that area). I only hear it at low rpm's...like when you are just increasing revs a bit to engage the clutch. At Normal idle and/or driving, the rattling isn't present. It's almost like something is loose. I talked to one friend, and he said he had an integra that did the same thing. When he got aftermarket hearders, the problem went away.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it, thanks!

spyderman
06-04-2002, 12:07 AM
Welcome aboard!

Go buy the WRX you wanted and it'll fix all your problems :D

ThreePly
06-04-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by spyderman
Welcome aboard!

Go buy the WRX you wanted and it'll fix all your problems :D

haha...I just might. I'm stilling running on winters...so I still might justify the WRX because it'll be cheaper in the long run if I buy a whole new car now, than to buy summer tires AND a new car down the road.hehe

del-lude
06-04-2002, 07:16 AM
time for a new clutch and a header will solve the problem, that rattling noise is coming from the factory downpipe witch is well known to make that noise at around 3000-3300 rpms.
I'd go with superman and trade it in for the WRX you wanted:thumbsup:

G
06-04-2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by ThreePly
Hi all, I have a 1996 integra, and I have a few questions about some noises coming from my car.

1) When I push in the clutch, it squeeks. Perhaps something to do with clutch fluid?

2) There's a rattling noise coming from underneath my car in the exhaust system. The sound is resonating from somewhere near front axels(it's not coming form the axels, it's just coming from around that area). I only hear it at low rpm's...like when you are just increasing revs a bit to engage the clutch. At Normal idle and/or driving, the rattling isn't present. It's almost like something is loose. I talked to one friend, and he said he had an integra that did the same thing. When he got aftermarket hearders, the problem went away.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it, thanks!

The rattleling could be the heat sheild Honda puts around the exhaust. I had a CRX that rattle like a tin can at idle until I took it out. I don't really see the benefit of the heat sheild most other cars don't have them.

Funny how I have the opposite clutch problem. My Prelude makes a little squeek sound when I engage the clutch. It happens every so often. I don't think I need to replace the clutch since the car only has 63K on it. I booked a service appointment for Friday at T and T.

redline
06-04-2002, 08:31 AM
The noise from the clutch is most likely the release bearing and should be replaced.

As already noted the rattle might be the heat shield or if the car is a GSR then it might be the dreaded b-pipe rattle. If the car is a GSR then a new header is needed

ThreePly
06-04-2002, 08:44 AM
Cool, thanks guys. At least I'll have some info when I take my car in...incase someone tries to screw me around and say I need to replace this and that and god knows what else. Thanks for the info!

Weapon_R
06-04-2002, 09:49 AM
I have had the same problem with my integra. The problem stems from the connection between the exhaust manifold and the catalytic converter. The problem is, my problems happened AFTER i got my header put in.

speedracer
06-04-2002, 10:11 AM
Heat shield is your friend :). You wouldn't want a small fire underneath.

The release bearing would also be my guess for the clutch.

ThreePly
06-04-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
I have had the same problem with my integra. The problem stems from the connection between the exhaust manifold and the catalytic converter. The problem is, my problems happened AFTER i got my header put in.

Shitty deal for you. Seems like a lot integra's have this problem though. At least it's not a mechanical problem, it's just kinda annoying. After I get my car checked out, I'll make a post to let everyone know how it went, and hopefully how it was solved.

Weapon_R
06-04-2002, 10:34 AM

Shitty deal for you. Seems like a lot integra's have this problem though. At least it's not a mechanical problem, it's just kinda annoying. After I get my car checked out, I'll make a post to let everyone know how it went, and hopefully how it was solved.

Ya its nothing major, but it sounds annoying and it makes the car sound cheap - let me know how u fixed the problem so I can know what to expect...i've actually had a mechanic tell me that it was something inside my engine, and i'd need a new timing belt to stop that sound...can u believe that one? I'm not a mechanic, but i'm not an idiot...I know what sounds are coming from where, and a general idea of how to fix each thing.

legendboy
06-04-2002, 03:44 PM
My clutch squeeks a bit when I disengage it, its the fork on the slave cylinder.

LUDELVR
06-04-2002, 11:05 PM
Cool, thanks guys. At least I'll have some info when I take my car in...incase someone tries to screw me around and say I need to replace this and that and god knows what else. Thanks for the info!

And u know how they always try to bend u over down there at silver hill!!! haha, it wouldn't be the first time... as a matter of fact, ur pretty much their bitch!!!:p Anyway, I know what the problem is! Everyone that has posted is dead wrong!!! U really wanna know what it is? It's the holes that u tried to cover up when u took off ur three piece and jacked ur car back up!!! haha:D :nut: :rofl:

ThreePly
06-05-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

And u know how they always try to bend u over down there at silver hill!!! haha, it wouldn't be the first time... as a matter of fact, ur pretty much their bitch!!!:p Anyway, I know what the problem is! Everyone that has posted is dead wrong!!! U really wanna know what it is? It's the holes that u tried to cover up when u took off ur three piece and jacked ur car back up!!! haha:D :nut: :rofl:

I'm not going to Silverhill anymore...no way in hell. They were good up until that one time...they blew it. I don't need my 3 piece anymore....your mom gives it to me. ;) Anyway, those holes from my spoiler are speed holes now. Soon, they'll be covered up profressionally. For now, it's just to keep the rain out. Spoiler will be up for sale real soon.

buh_buh
06-05-2002, 01:23 AM
ThreePly, I think you should keep the three piece. Although Leo's mom does give it to the rest of us quite often too, I think the three piece looks the best on your car.:thumbsup:

WBB6
06-05-2002, 01:59 AM
The clutch noise is probably a rusty release bearing...

and the rattling noise is probably just a heatsheild...