PDA

View Full Version : Good bodyshop in calgary?

Drsuce
03-09-2004, 12:53 AM
Hi there, new to the forum, looks like a great place! i've been looking for a good forum with a nice calgary base :)

anyways, to the issue at hand. RUST!

The nasty cancer that plauges almost all older cars :P i have a fairly small rust spot on the rear pasenger side fender of my 85 mr2. now its not insane, i dont need a whole new QP, hopefully not at least :) the rust is covered by the mud flap (except maybe half a cm on the top) so im in need of a good fix ;) any clues were a GOOD shop in calgary is? heres a pic of my car, and the rust

thanks in advance! and honk if you see me around! :P

http://drsuce.homestead.com/files/rl/MVC-816S.JPG http://drsuce.homestead.com/files/rl/MVC-550S.JPG

bighead411
03-09-2004, 02:15 PM
there is alot of good body shop around in town. it depends on how much u willing to pay.......

Drew
03-09-2004, 02:22 PM
a really good shop in town is exotic, its in the N.E. and they handle shit like that. not sure what there gonna charge but in my opinion its the best in town. they do everything from old school to lambos.

bighead411
03-09-2004, 02:32 PM
exotic is very reputable body shop in town. but u've to expect it'll take awhile to fix it.....actually, contemporary coachwork is very good as well...........but just let u know that both of them is not cheap job. don't expect they charge only 2 cents to fix it............hope this help and good luck

VWhooligan
03-09-2004, 05:02 PM
myself and the rest of NewVeeDub all use Rudy's Auto Refinishing.. up in the NE. top notch!

Speed_Dreams
03-09-2004, 06:27 PM
hasn't this post been gone over so many times? do a search TONS of topics on this
:closed:

91rss
03-09-2004, 11:51 PM
the rust will be alot more than obvious as toyotas like alot of other imports have foam or goop and hold the water and wick it along the seam.also remember that the shops all have some guy making 8-10 an hr going at it.Whereve you get it done,get some LPS 3 etc in behind it to stop further progression....then fly to Arizona and get a rust free one and soak the bugger in lps3 or corrosionX

ZorroAMG
03-10-2004, 12:35 AM
Exotic cars international.

boostedDsm
03-11-2004, 11:58 PM
:thumbsdow :zzz: by the time they get to it it won't be worth fixing

Canadian_2K
03-13-2004, 09:53 AM
Why not just sand down, smooth, and primer the QP yourself? Hell, if you got a buddy who works at a body shop, you can probably get in on your own time (off duty) and paint the panel, too... you'd just have to tape off the rest of the car and colour match it.

C4S
03-13-2004, 11:09 AM
HANDS DOWN !

MARANALLO !! :thumbsup:

You ask anyone with Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, BMW .... they will say MARANALLO ! Best body shop ! :thumbsup:

ACX
03-13-2004, 11:35 AM
I've had friends who have had work done at Courtesy Chrysler's body shop, and Cosmos Collision, both did a good job.

Drsuce
03-13-2004, 07:55 PM
the job is beyond my skill, the rust is in the middle of the fender sadwich (if that makes sence) and unfourtunitly i dont know anyone in the bodyshop industry.

im not looking for an insane exotic car shop either, they would prolly charge just as much as buying a new QP and welding it in (big job, usualy 7-800 job...) its a simple solution, the mudflaps cover it all so i dont care if it dosent contour to the lines etc, but i also want some some expert advice if i need any work done on the other fender, before it starts to rust. i assume any body shop should be able to do this right? i want it gone and i dont want it to come back later ;P

izzoblitzo
03-13-2004, 08:07 PM
SOS paint and autobody!

ask for loc, he'll get you a good quote! :thumbsup:

ninspeed
03-13-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Drsuce
the job is beyond my skill, the rust is in the middle of the fender sadwich (if that makes sence) and unfourtunitly i dont know anyone in the bodyshop industry.

im not looking for an insane exotic car shop either, they would prolly charge just as much as buying a new QP and welding it in (big job, usualy 7-800 job...) its a simple solution, the mudflaps cover it all so i dont care if it dosent contour to the lines etc, but i also want some some expert advice if i need any work done on the other fender, before it starts to rust. i assume any body shop should be able to do this right? i want it gone and i dont want it to come back later ;P
Yes... but, most shops will not put a warranty on it...

Girlie_racer
03-13-2004, 09:45 PM
NATIONAL COLLISION HANDS DOWN THE BEST!!!!!!
had my car done there they do an AWESOME job!!! and very reasonable prices go see derrick cung