PDA

View Full Version : camber kits

94eclipse
03-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Hey everyone, im new to the forum. I have a question..... I have a 94 eclipse and some 2" drop springs waiting to be put on, do I need to buy a camber kit? I guess my real question is do some cars not need them when lowered?

^SkylinE^
03-09-2004, 01:21 AM
If you lower your car alot your gonna need one! I know anything more than 2" on a honda and youll fly through tires. I need one bad. If your tires are gone with in a few months then you need a kit. Also depends on what the car is for. Lots of camber is good for turns and solo racing. But with lots of camber you will lose possible traction for straight line speed. There will be less surface contact.

94eclipse
03-09-2004, 01:24 AM
so do you think i should go ahead and lower it first and wait a couple of weeks or so to see what it does to my tires? thx for the comment.

^SkylinE^
03-09-2004, 01:26 AM
That is what i would do. I can visually see that my front wheels have alot of camber. Also don't forget to get a wheel alignment too!

94eclipse
03-09-2004, 01:30 AM
yea that is what a guy told me that i know, around here where i live i can get an alignment for 39.99. i guess i could go ahead and get a camber kit for my front though. I found a kit that is an obx camber kit and its like 40 bucks i figure thats a good price, so i guess imma jump on it.

Moe Man
03-09-2004, 06:59 PM
some car need it some dont like on mine i have a 2 inch drop and i dont need one usually hondas need them

you can also get your camber angle checked and that would tell you if you need one also

7thgenvic
03-14-2004, 02:33 AM
in the long run the camber will pay for itself,

camber=300 roughly
tires= a shit load more

tires with camber=a long time!

i hope that helps a tincy bit

94eclipse
03-14-2004, 12:28 PM
thanx 7thgenvic but if i found an adjustable camber kit for 40 or 50 bucks do you think that one would be ok or what...cuz i have looked and looked...especially for my eclipse being the first generation eclipse it is hard to find things for it. I was lucky to find a body kit that looked good and with my euros. i dunno i just dont want to buy something that will break or only work for a short period of time. I guess thats how most people are tho.