PDA

View Full Version : Good Microwave Food?

girlRACER
03-09-2004, 01:20 AM
Can somebody recommend some good microwaveable food?? I live alone and don't have time to cook so I usually just buy pre-cooked food. Lately I'm getting a little tired of Swanson Frozen Dinners. Anything else good out there??

Has anyone tried those Bagel Bites? Are they good? :confused:

Ben
03-09-2004, 01:28 AM
Bagel bites are good once and a while, but not all the time. Buy chicken fingers, 15 min in the oven and you're set.

nismodrifter
03-09-2004, 01:31 AM
bagel bites lol, those were popular in the junior high days :D

they taste ok.....but I got sick of them after a while...

Hakkola
03-09-2004, 01:36 AM
You can even do Chicken fingers in a pan, and fries, how about wings??

Microwaving all your food is so bad for you.

GTS Jeff
03-09-2004, 01:40 AM
Rezer's burritos are yum yum

D'z Nutz
03-09-2004, 01:43 AM
Hit up Costco and go nuts there. They got so much good stuff there that you can't get everything at once. I can't even begin to start listing what's good there.

M&M has some good stuff too.

I try not to microwave very much stuff if possible. Just pop it into the toaster oven and let it sit while I go do some homework or something. Comes out a lot less soggy than when in the microwave...

Hakkola
03-09-2004, 02:14 AM
I think you lose a lot of the nutrition when you nuke shit as well, not to mention most microwaveables don't have too much nutrition to begin with... to my knowledge.

girlRACER
03-09-2004, 02:27 AM
Are bagel bites crunchy and hard like real bagels? or are they soggy?

In the past I've tried those Michelina Rice Bowls and those were so soggy and covered in sauce. Ryan loves Pizza Pops but they taste like paper to me.

Anyone know anything specifically that is good? Everytime I go to the supermarket I have a hard time deciding which to get since there are a million choices :dunno:

Weapon_R
03-09-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by girlRACER
Ryan loves Pizza Pops but they taste like pizza to me.

OMGOMGOMG! What were they thinking :D

nismodrifter
03-09-2004, 02:31 AM
bagel bites ARE crunchy....that's the good thing about them, I expected them to be soggy sicne they were microwaved but they come out really nice and crunchy almost as if they were made in the toaster

I could use some bagel bites right onw.....haven't eaten them in like 4 years I think ahah

girlRACER
03-09-2004, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

OMGOMGOMG! What were they thinking :D

:rofl: :rofl: You got to it before I changed it! Doh! :nut: I meant they taste like paper.

ninjak84
03-09-2004, 02:51 AM
This thread is sweet!
Microwaves aren't unhealthy.... they're a vital survival tool!

Try these sandwiches, they have lots of different kinds.
http://members.shaw.ca/ninjak84/snd.JPG
These are easy too, and lots of different kinds.
http://members.shaw.ca/ninjak84/sna.JPG

If you want to do chicken nuggets, bagel bites, or mini pizzas, they will taste like crap out of the microwave. It cooks them unevenly. I do all of my "oven foods" in this little baby right here.
http://members.shaw.ca/ninjak84/snf.JPG

girlRACER
03-09-2004, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by ninjak84
This thread is sweet!
Microwaves aren't unhealthy.... they're a vital survival tool!

:werd: :D

Those sandwiches aren't frozen are they? :nut: The chicken pot pies look yummy. Where do you buy the foods?

ninjak84
03-09-2004, 03:10 AM
The sandwiches are fridge stored, very fast and easy. The pot pies are good because the veggies aren't gross, and the crust is not bad.
These are from Costco.

I have more to add to this thread tomorrow. Other people better start contributing by then!
VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE! :rofl:

Dj_Stylz
03-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Hot POCKETS

sputnik
03-09-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Ben
Buy chicken fingers, 15 min in the oven and you're set.

:werd:

Here is my "secret" chicken finger dip. This will beat hands down all plum sauces, honey mustards, chipotle, ranch, sauces EVER!

Sputnik's Ultra Type-R Honey Dill Supremo Chicken Finger Dip SS GT R32!

Its simple... here are the ingredients.

- Honey
- Hellmanns REAL Mayo
- Dried Dill

I really have no idea exactly what proportions to use, but start with about 1/2 cup mayo to 1/4 cup honey and a quite a bit of dill. Then mix it together. You should have a creamyish consistancy that is approaching being translucent.

Taste it. You should be able to taste the dill and you shouldnt have a strong honey taste but it should still be a bit sweet. If its too sweet add mayo if it still looks too much like mayo add honey. The dill should be visible throughout at all times.

Then refridgerate for about an hour or so to let the flavours blend.

Enjoy!

MerfBall
03-09-2004, 08:46 AM
M&M is your friend ;)

Their food is pretty good, I'd say for frozen food it's a lot better than the commercial stuff they sell at superstore or costco.

SoSlowDx
03-09-2004, 09:52 AM
Michelinas(sp) 4 mins and there's lunch and dinner:)

buh_buh
03-09-2004, 11:40 AM
Easy Mac!!

Stratus_Power
03-09-2004, 01:47 PM
definitly hit up cosco!!

and look for the forzen onion soup!! you just put them in a bowl, ( solid ice ) and put them in your microwave in medium for 8 mins and.. DAMN its gooddddddddddddddddddddddd

Strider
03-09-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by MerfBall
M&M is your friend ;)

Their food is pretty good, I'd say for frozen food it's a lot better than the commercial stuff they sell at superstore or costco.

:werd: :werd:

Almost anything from M&M is better than the frozen microwave stuff you find in grocery stores.

EK 2.0
03-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Superstore makes a PC frozen Butter Chicken Dinner...

It's a lil pricey, but its oh so good...for a frozen entree that is...

Check that out let me know what you think...

Happy Zapping...

rage2
03-09-2004, 05:25 PM
My favorite microwave snack:

1. Put sausages into bowl of water. Microwave.
2. Wrap cooked sausage with cheese
3. Put cheese sausages in bun
4. Add salsa
5. Microwave

Result... super fattening hot dogs!

ehos
03-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Superstore also has frozen chinese food in the little trapezoidal boxes that you always see on TV. (New York style chinese I think its called).

They're GOOD! Buy some hot sauce though :)

GTS Jeff
03-09-2004, 05:48 PM
its always a good idea to do grocery shopping when u are super hungry.

girlRACER
03-09-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
Superstore makes a PC frozen Butter Chicken Dinner...

It's a lil pricey, but its oh so good...for a frozen entree that is...

Check that out let me know what you think...

Happy Zapping...

I've tried that before. I didn't really like it...not very flavourful (They need some MSG :D) The pic on the box looks soooo much better than it tastes.

Originally posted by rage2
My favorite microwave snack:

1. Put sausages into bowl of water. Microwave.
2. Wrap cooked sausage with cheese
3. Put cheese sausages in bun
4. Add salsa
5. Microwave

Result... super fattening hot dogs!

So is the water supposed to cook the sausages? How long do you initially nuke them for?

girlRACER
03-09-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by ehos
Superstore also has frozen chinese food in the little trapezoidal boxes that you always see on TV. (New York style chinese I think its called).

They're GOOD! Buy some hot sauce though :)

Yea I saw those at superstore. I was wondering if they were good...I'll give it a try. Thanks :thumbsup:

Originally posted by buh_buh
Easy Mac!!

What's that? :dunno:

EK 2.0
03-09-2004, 06:22 PM
Jackie??...whats Easy Mac??...OMG you didn't just ask that...

It's like Kraft Dinner, for the 22nd Century...

You add water and zap it then....BAM!!! you gots K.D.

Ben
03-09-2004, 06:26 PM

So is the water supposed to cook the sausages? How long do you initially nuke them for?

works really well actually, 2-3 min is all you really need, just put them in a shallow bowl.

girlRACER
03-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Jackie??...whats Easy Mac??...OMG you didn't just ask that...

It's like Kraft Dinner, for the 22nd Century...

You add water and zap it then....BAM!!! you gots K.D.

:D Yes...I live a sheltered life. Do you think it tastes better than Michelina's Macoroni & Cheese?? hehe...I think I'm going to go grocery shopping tonight.

Ben
03-09-2004, 06:35 PM

:D Yes...I live a sheltered life. Do you think it tastes better than Michelina's Macoroni & Cheese??

indeffinatly

EK 2.0
03-09-2004, 06:41 PM
No the Michelina's is pretty tasty...The Easy Mac doesn't touch it...

Ben
03-09-2004, 06:46 PM
No the Michelina's is pretty tasty...The Easy Mac doesn't touch it...

I've always found the cheese to be bland and the noodles tasking like cardboard. because they were cooked dry witout sauce covering all of them.

KD from the box made on the stove rules tho.

ApexDrift
03-09-2004, 06:50 PM
jackie do what i do! just call your mom tell her MOM IM COMEING HOME FOR DINNER! :D moms are the quick fix to every solution!... besides i always see your mom at the new asia K&Y shopping or something! she always comes out with food...:drool:

instint noodles are always my quick fix just buy some BBQ pork, and some duck, keep them on hand, have some veggies washed and ready in the fridge... five min later you have a quick dinner!:thumbsup:

oh yeah when did you move out?

logix
03-09-2004, 11:13 PM
hmmm i went to costco the other day.. and they told me to get a membership, which was $50 :eek: hahaha... is it really worth it to get? .. never been in costco to see the deals.. :(

///M3
03-09-2004, 11:24 PM
microwavable burritos are pretty dang good:thumbsup:

Gondi Stylez
03-11-2004, 01:56 PM
go to M&M.. such good food! buy there pre-marinated steaks and thorw therm in the oven, slice them up thin and put over a ixed green salad w/ vinegrette!! the oninion vinegrette from costoc is the shit and same w/ their HUGE box of mixed greens, organic too!! and at M&M there misquite and pepper corn is sweet! that is a sweet meal! their cordon-blu is really good and also wing sfrom IGA/Sobeys is really good also... the honey garlic ones! mmm... for michlinas (sp?) i like the lasana... i have a few others just cant think about it right now!!

or ya not frozen but easy easy!

buy a frozen whole chicken the noight b4! its only like 5buz! or buy chicken breast already done and just thaw that w/ the skin off! then put salt, pepper and yellow color (ill get the exact name for u, when i get home) and put it in the oven at 450'C for about 45min-1hr (whole chciken that is) or w/e until fully cooked! there is a sauce for it also made with oxo chicken flavor stuff! my mom makes that! bake it over water w/ a rack on top and u have moist chicken that is easy.. pretty quick.. do HW while ur waiting and eat it iwth salad (same as i said above) or fries or something! if ur eating w/ fries use the sauce if not not a big deal!!

give these things a try.. ull be happy and full!! and u sound like a picky eater :D kinda like me so u should like these ideas!

good luck jackie!:thumbsup:

MerfBall
03-11-2004, 02:07 PM
u know all this frozen food talk, but nothing beats instant noodles and if drop a couple eggs in for protein.

sputnik
03-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by ///M3
microwavable burritos are pretty dang good:thumbsup:

Resers Red Hot Beef Burritos are really addictive.

sputnik
03-11-2004, 02:11 PM
IMO...

EasyMac is a rip-off... i usually need at least 2 packages to be filled... i would sooner just make a box of the stove top stuff... especially now that there is an "Extra Creamy" KD.

Ben
03-11-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Resers Red Hot Beef Burritos are really addictive.

awww damnit, now I want one! back in a few.

MerfBall
03-11-2004, 03:06 PM

especially now that there is an "Extra Creamy" KD.

Extra Creamy eh...

:rofl: :rofl:

mo_virgin
03-11-2004, 08:03 PM
How could you be sick of swansons???

HUNGRY MAN RULES!!!!

///M3
03-11-2004, 09:30 PM
IMO...

EasyMac is a rip-off... i usually need at least 2 packages to be filled... i would sooner just make a box of the stove top stuff... especially now that there is an "Extra Creamy" KD.
Extra creamy has been out for a long time now. i wont eat regular KD, only extra creamy cuz its the best shiznat there is.:thumbsup:

Skylinelover
05-25-2004, 08:17 PM
If you are worried about spending the 50 bucks for a cosco card just get a few friends to pitch in and you all can use it.

GQBalla
07-01-2004, 01:43 PM
cosco is a great place !

Weapon_R
07-01-2004, 02:01 PM
Can I use my parents Cosco card?

saiyajin
07-01-2004, 02:40 PM
hah oh man this threads great so many new things to try!! :thumbsup:

blinkme_210
07-01-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Can I use my parents Cosco card?

Nope, Costco is anal when it comes to the membership cards. My parents went away on vacation, so my dad left me his card to use. I tried to buy food with it, but the cashier people were like "Whose card is this?", "Ummmm my Dad's.", "Well, where is he?", "In the car because he's sick.", "Well I can't let you use it then."

After that, I was like screw it, so I just went to the Superstore version of Costco, Real Canadian whatever.

blinkme_210
07-01-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Ben

awww damnit, now I want one! back in a few.

I also find that the NoName Burritos at Superstore are very good. If you're hungry, and you know you're gonna eat it right when you get home, buy the ones with the Priced To Clear sticker on them. Only $0.59, compared to $0.99 regular price.

blinkme_210
07-01-2004, 06:45 PM
I recommend trying Michelina's Singature Style Fried Chicken. Pop it in the microwave for 4 minutes, and you've got a whole filet of breaded chicken breast with gravy & mashed potatoes on the side too.

Beni
07-02-2004, 08:06 PM
there are microwavable dishes called "Bowls" and there are some really good kinds! if you are getting sick of the TV dinners...just make beans...or perogies! they are both really fast and awesome! :clap:

OK_Computer
07-13-2004, 06:43 PM
grab a couple tortilla shells, put them on a cookie sheet, spray they with pam, garnish as wanted (I like seasoning salt and some greek spices), but on broil in over for like 3 minutes, oh so good.