PDA

View Full Version : **STOLEN**

wildersmom
03-12-2015, 02:16 PM
Update - March 23 - CPS called today - they found my car this afternoon in Forest Lawn. 2 suspects in custody. Had been living in it and sell drugs out of it. Thank goodness I settled with insurance. Don't think I want it back! Thanks so much for all the help!!!

I saw on Global News that the people on here - Super Sleuths - helped a user locate his stolen rims last week. I am hoping you can help me find my car!!!

My 2008 Silver VW Jetta was stolen form Cederbrae on Tuesday March 3rd at approx. 6:30am. License plate is ZJK 501 and there is a Detroit Red Wings plate on the front. Heated leather seats, 6 disk CD player, sun roof, trendline model. Police said it was likely taken for warmth and has been ditched somewhere like a shopping mall, school, LRT station, park etc. If you are out and about, please keep your eyes open. If you see this car please message me or call 266-1234. Thank you

Isaiah
03-12-2015, 02:27 PM
What does "likely taken for warmth" mean?

dj_rice
03-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah

Used for shelter to keep warm?

spikerS
03-12-2015, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah

yeah, not exactly real cold past little bit...but was taken like 10 days ago...

BUT YES MA'AM, BEYOND CSI ARE ON THE CASE!
:rofl:

killramos
03-12-2015, 02:30 PM
If its in a parking lot somewhere it will turn up by the end of the week. Unfortunately at this point its probably worse if its actually found.

Cars cant be as easily flipped as rims which is how beyond caught the last guy.

Sorry about having your car stolen.

I had a guy creeping my mustang last night as i was going out for dinner. I was actually really hoping he would steal it by the time i got back, no such luck:rofl:

wildersmom
03-12-2015, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the help. It was -18 that morning March 3rd - cops figure whomever took it was cold and used it to get where they needed to go. I would have posted sooner but was waiting for my account to be activated

killramos
03-12-2015, 02:34 PM
As a note, an '08 jetta is a pretty modern car with an immobilizer...

Did you leave the key in the car or something?

wildersmom
03-12-2015, 02:42 PM
I don't know what an immobilizer is. Yes the key was in it. The valet key. My car would not allow you to lock the door with a key in the ignition and VW would not install a remote start in my car.

wildersmom
03-12-2015, 02:44 PM
Just trying to find the car as insurance likely wont give me much although it was in fantastic shape with only 137,000 kms. Am hoping it was just abandoned somewhere and not trashed

killramos
03-12-2015, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by wildersmom
I don't know what an immobilizer is. Yes the key was in it. The valet key. My car would not allow you to lock the door with a key in the ignition and VW would not install a remote start in my car.

An immobilizer prevents the car from being started without the electronic code that the key provides by being in contact with the steering column.

The valet key has an electronic chip in it that will allow the car to start.

VW's are near impossible to steal without the key/ advanced equipment and skills.

Basically from what you have said you left the car unlocked in front of your house running to warm it up unattended and someone stole it?

I would personally avoid doing that in the future.

:dunno:

Unknown303
03-12-2015, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by killramos

An immobilizer prevents the car from being started without the electronic code that the key provides by being in contact with the steering column.

The valet key has an electronic chip in it that will allow the car to start.

VW's are near impossible to steal without the key/ advanced equipment and skills.

Basically from what you have said you left the car unlocked in front of your house running to warm it up unattended and someone stole it?

I would personally avoid doing that in the future.

:dunno:

It's still stealing.

wildersmom
03-12-2015, 02:52 PM
Yes - that is what happened. Its a tough lesson to learn but a lesson learned none the less. Thanks for the help and info on the immobilizer. My next car will have remote start and I will never leave it unattended :rolleyes:

Unknown303
03-12-2015, 03:29 PM
I live in the area so I'll keep an eye out. There's a good chance it may have ended up a little to the west though....

soooo.. are you a single mom?

eglove
03-12-2015, 03:42 PM
LOL and the e-macking starts

"Need a ride?" ;)

ShermanEF9
03-12-2015, 04:12 PM
also living in that area. ill take a look.

wildersmom
03-12-2015, 04:52 PM
Thank you all. And no...not a single mom. Happily married and Wilder is my cat lol

wildersmom
03-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Why the west Unknown303? Could it be in a chop shop? Are VIN's on all VW parts? Would it have been taken for parts?

ercchry
03-12-2015, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
I live in the area so I'll keep an eye out. There's a good chance it may have ended up a little to the west though....

was going to make the same comment... but... you know... trying to stay PC and all :rofl:

Unknown303
03-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by wildersmom
Why the west Unknown303? Could it be in a chop shop? Are VIN's on all VW parts? Would it have been taken for parts?

west of 37th Street...

Originally posted by ercchry

was going to make the same comment... but... you know... trying to stay PC and all :rofl:

Yup. Trying.

wildersmom
03-12-2015, 05:06 PM
Gotcha! Neighbour said it was a young, skinny, white male with a ball cap. Pretty vague but I think it eliminates the west ;)

Graham_A_M
03-12-2015, 05:41 PM
Sure I'll kept my eyes peeled. The license is easy to remember, although that's probably long gone by now

ShermanEF9
03-12-2015, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Sure I'll kept my eyes peeled. The license is easy to remember, although that's probably long gone by now

yeah its been a bit, probably long gone.

if anything given how close we are to the native reserve, it ended up in there.

quick_scar
03-13-2015, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by ShermanEF9

yeah its been a bit, probably long gone.

if anything given how close we are to the native reserve, it ended up in there.

:rofl: :rofl: Hence this quote

Originally posted by Unknown303
There's a good chance it may have ended up a little to the west though....

:clap:

Unknown303
03-13-2015, 09:18 AM
But as already stated some skinny gangster white boy was spotted taking off in it by the neighbor.

wildersmom
03-13-2015, 12:36 PM
Yes - Neighbour said it was a young, skinny, white male with a ball cap.

ShermanEF9
03-13-2015, 12:41 PM
i've seen some pretty white looking native kids... just sayin..

Redlyne_mr2
03-13-2015, 04:38 PM
Watching out for this if it makes its way to Red Deer.