PDA

View Full Version : kayak.com/flighthub

baygirl
03-17-2015, 02:41 PM
Has anyone here used kayak.com or fighthub for plane tickets? I am looking to book flights from St. John's, NL to Calgary, and they are the cheapest option, but that makes me wary lol.

BavarianBeast
03-17-2015, 02:42 PM
I've used Kayak with no issues.

msommers
03-17-2015, 03:52 PM
I've used both with good success. It's sky scanner I've had an issue with in the past.

realazy
03-17-2015, 04:24 PM
I've purchased from flighthub with no issues.

cream
03-17-2015, 07:27 PM
I've had issues with FlightHub. Prices are subject to change and they'll give you a call and say it went down or up.

In my case, I was buying flights to HK and I had gotten a call saying my flight went down (from 950 to 820). After phoning back to get my friends down to my price, being put on hold for 10+ minutes, they now tell us all 4 tickets have gone up to $1600. Only silver lining is that they cancelled the tickets without charging us any fee. Cancelled it and bought the flight directly from the Delta website.

relyt92
03-17-2015, 09:45 PM
I've booked with Kayak before and not had a problem.

swak
03-17-2015, 10:09 PM
I have used Kayak without issues before, however had one major mess-up with them on a recent trip to Edmonton I feel necessary to bring up haha.....

(just re: a hotel booking)
- Booked about a week and a half prior DT Edmonton
- Needed to add an additional room for another colleague the day prior. For this i called the hotel direct, spoke to the reservations manager, she said that they had plenty of rooms to accommodate me, however, Kayak (or whoever kayak subcontracts to) apparently had e-mailed her that morning to inform her to cancel my reservation. Something i would probably not have found out about unless i had called them. Sure as hell beats showing up that afternoon without a room.
- I checked my credit card statement and sure as shit Kayak had refunded me my hotel reservation costs. Was not impressed. I had made no phone call/email of the sort asking for a cancellation haha.

Now I have only used trivago (who I have found to have just as good of rates as kayak), or I just call hotels direct to book.

eblend
03-18-2015, 08:20 AM
Used flighthub...for the most part it was okay...as long as there are no screwups anywhere. If you have to call them to change anything, well goodluck.

When I went to Nepal a few years back my buddy booked our tickets on flighthub, and despite me sending him a copy of my passport, he used my short name for ticket booking. I didn't realize this until the night before we were about to leave. I called WestJet as they were the first flight and their say they can change it for me at the airport, and they did. Once I got to Vancouver, I instantly went to China Eastern to check if my name change propagated through their system, and it did not and could not. Had to get on the phone with Flighthub.....4 hours on hold...missed my flight, spend the night on phone with Flighthub all evening at my sisters place in Vancouver, was told everything would be fixed with 3 separate deadlines...nothing was ever fixed. My next possible flight was the next day at noon. Got to the airport early at 8 as Flighthub said things will be fixed. Got an email from Flighthub that things were indeed fixed so I lined up at China Eastern till...when it was my turn..they told me I am NOT BOOKED AT ALL on the flight....another 3.5 hours on the phone and finally they were able to re-issue my tickets (thanks god the flight had space), but not before charging me $250 for the name change, which they said they weren't going to charge me. I got that $250 back eventually with a credit card despute, but it was the worst travel experience in my travelled life. My China Eastern flight was delayed by 1.5 hours, if it wasn't and I couldn't make it I was going to scrap the whole 3 week trip and go home. I basically was able to rush through security and by the time I got to the plane they started boarding. Yah, 24 hours from hell and I belive close to 9 hours on the phone with Flighthub.

Moral of the story. 1. Don't let your friend book tickets. 2. Double check all your stuff and make damn sure you are going when you say you are going and you are who you are, and for the most part don't think you will have any problems.

JRSC00LUDE
03-18-2015, 02:43 PM
Interestingly enough, over a lunch meeting today this very topic came up as we discussed flight plans.

One of the guys travels 2-3 times a month to various cities on average and he uses kayak religiously. He claims to never have had an issue so it is likely as eblend states, just don't fuck up the booking and verify your info. immediately and all should be well.

flipstah
03-18-2015, 04:04 PM
I use a combination of:

Google Flight Explorer
Kayak.com
Expedia.ca
Hopper

No issues with any.

eblend
03-18-2015, 09:30 PM
I personally use flightnetwork most of the time nowadays, I like their price rebate program, once I did the price check a day before going to mexico and got refunded $320 bucks in a form of a credit on account, and all it took was pressing one button and it tells you if the price went up and down.

Been using them since I always seem to get a credit as I check often and the price does go down often enough, so I always have credits to use for the next trip, so I stick with Flightnetwork most of the time if I can.