03-24-2015, 03:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1BQCEC0.jpg

Never realised Cruise is Jackie Chan like in his craft

sexualbanana
03-25-2015, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by eiysa101
http://i.imgur.com/1BQCEC0.jpg

Never realised Cruise is Jackie Chan like in his craft

Yeah, he's known to do as many stunts as the studio is willing to let him. Which is crazy impressive because he also does most of the climbing scenes in Ghost Protocol.

MGCM
03-25-2015, 10:18 AM
man wheres the roof on this series, yet another epic looking movie:bigpimp:

freshprince1
03-27-2015, 01:16 PM
Say what you will about Whacky Tom...but I'm still willing to pay money to see his movies. I thought the MI franchise was getting a little tired until the last one came out. The change of direction, and the noticeable lessening of how seriously they're taking themselves really lent to enjoying it more.

Interested to see what Top Gun II will be like?

Feruk
09-06-2015, 12:38 AM
Just watched it. Worst movie of the year. The plot makes no sense (just like MI 3), terrible CGI, story makes no sense, and I feel like Tom Cruise made yet another self ego boosting POS. Tip to Tom Cruise for the future: the bad guy needs a motive that at least makes some sense. I'm mad at myself for having wasted $10 (or whatever) to see this piece of shit.

What I find hilarious is two of the producers: China Movie Channel, and Alibaba Picture Group. I guess Cruise couldn't even find enough sponsorship in North America.

beecue
09-06-2015, 01:03 AM
:dunno: I thought it was one of the best movies of the summer.

rage2
09-06-2015, 02:25 PM
Great movie. It's an action movie where a bunch of agents make an impossible mission easy, so it would be unfair to pick apart the damn plot haha.

Feruk
09-08-2015, 08:39 AM
Can either of you tell me what the bad guy's end goal was? When Cruise was "following him all around the world" because he was killing people here and there, what was the bad guy's actual motive? :nut:

03ozwhip
09-08-2015, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Feruk
Can either of you tell me what the bad guy's end goal was? When Cruise was "following him all around the world" because he was killing people here and there, what was the bad guy's actual motive? :nut:
I didn't know serial killers needed a motive to kill people? :dunno:

rage2
09-08-2015, 08:53 AM
Uhh, money? The bad guy was mind fucking everyone to get the list, decrypt it by getting to the Prime Minister, which in the end was a list of bank accounts to billions of dollars to keep Syndicate running for a long time. All this without doing any actual work.
I thought that was pretty clear. :dunno:

Feruk
09-08-2015, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I thought that was pretty clear. :dunno:
You missed my point. What was the purpose of the Syndicate?? Why did it exist at all? It didn't seem like they wanted to do much of anything that made sense. I mean they assassinated the Premier or Austria... fucking Austria! Usually an evil mastermind has some sort of end goal, but apparently not when Tom Cruise is involved.

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
I didn't know serial killers needed a motive to kill people? :dunno:
They weren't "serial killers", and even those guys have motives, even if those motives are bizarre.

jacky4566
09-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Eh. I didnt expect a real plot and I came out happy. Lots of action, quasi hacker stuff, some bikinis what else do you need.

sexualbanana
09-08-2015, 04:36 PM

You missed my point. What was the purpose of the Syndicate?? Why did it exist at all? It didn't seem like they wanted to do much of anything that made sense. I mean they assassinated the Premier or Austria... fucking Austria! Usually an evil mastermind has some sort of end goal, but apparently not when Tom Cruise is involved.

The point of the Syndicate, if I remember correctly because it's been awhile since I saw it, is it's basically a criminal organization that was originally set up to fund MI6 activities. It was all thought to be hypothetical until it was found out that Lane actually went ahead and created the Syndicate. More or less, it became a place where existing terrorist badasses were given a new life (they fake their deaths and join the Syndicate) as terrorist badasses with near infinite funding.

I was under the impression that Lane killed the Premier of Austria to prove Faust's loyalty to the Syndicate, which was in doubt after she let Cruise escape. IIRC, I think it caused some economic turmoil, which Lane used to his advantage financially.

The overall plot is like a higher-budget version of the original Mission Impossible movie. Hunt has to break into an impenetrable fortress to steal (what he thinks is) a highly-classified list of secret agents. People get crossed left, right and centre before all is revealed at the end, and Ethan Hunt goes on his merry way.

rage2
09-08-2015, 04:38 PM
Wow, did you not watch the movie? Not that it matters, the plot isn't really central to an action movie, but it still makes sense so I'll explain it.

Most of this was explained when they cornered the British PM and truth serum darted him. The Syndicate was created by Mi6 and staffed by Mi6 members as a department that can run missions without any government oversight so they can deny it's existence, sort of what IMF is to the Americans. This is why Alec Baldwin has no idea that Syndicate existed.

It was a project run by the old dude that betrayed the hot chick (forgot his name, the dude the Tom Cruise impersonated in the above scene) and before it got off the ground, he had setup full funding for it and stored an encrypted version of the fund access list in the underwater datacenter or whatever that thing was. At some point, the PM decided it was a bad idea and shut it down.

The main bad guy, blonde dude, didn't want the project to end, so he said fuck it, went rogue, and continue running Syndicate and adding members (all those ppl that disappeared that Tom Cruise tracked). He needs funds, and that's the plot of the whole story, to get that list, decrypt it, and access the billions of dollars needed to run it, while the old dude is trying to destroy the list to collapse it, and Tom Cruise is doing it the hard way and to bust the blond dude.

The whole Austria dude killing was all part of the mind fuck to make sure hot chick and Tom Cruise can go together to get the list, because that's the only way it's not impossible.

Originally posted by jacky4566
Eh. I didnt expect a real plot and I came out happy. Lots of action, quasi hacker stuff, some bikinis what else do you need.
Apparently, the plot explained in detail. :rofl:

J.M.
09-08-2015, 04:55 PM
lol for fuck sakes Feruk another bitchfest

03ozwhip
09-08-2015, 07:09 PM

They weren't "serial killers", and even those guys have motives, even if those motives are bizarre.

I haven't watched the movie, but it doesn't matter, the exact definition of a serial killer is a person that kills multiple people on multiple occasions. Just saying.

Their motives are that they're crazy and want to kill people. Even if there wasn't a plot, there's your motive.

Feruk
09-08-2015, 07:34 PM
The whole Austria dude killing was all part of the mind fuck to make sure hot chick and Tom Cruise can go together to get the list, because that's the only way it's not impossible.
Why didn't he just... I dunno... hire someone (anyone) else to go to exactly what Tom Cruise did. Why was ANY of it necessary? If all you had to do was swim in that stupid fish tank and then wear a mask to get the PM drugged, why didn't he just hire a diver and an actor? Done, money all yours. None of the nonsense that happened would've been needed.

Also, on a totally different rant, if his parachute trick had worked at the start... he would've been crushed on landing and we could've been spared the rest of this crap.

Originally posted by J.M.
lol for fuck sakes Feruk another bitchfest
Haha I know! My wife keeps picking stupid crap to watch and I get upset after. :nut:

rage2
09-08-2015, 09:06 PM
Why didn't he just... I dunno... hire someone (anyone) else to go to exactly what Tom Cruise did. Why was ANY of it necessary?
The same reason why you had to watch 2 hours of 6th sense before you find out Bruce Willis died.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/e/e8/Sixth_02.jpg/500px-Sixth_02.jpg

http://img.youtube.com/vi/Qj0JDnQIZf0/hqdefault.jpg

http://rolandmillward.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/the-end-3.jpg

Yup. Pretty boring.

Xtrema
09-08-2015, 09:16 PM
What I find hilarious is two of the producers: China Movie Channel, and Alibaba Picture Group. I guess Cruise couldn't even find enough sponsorship in North America.

Rage got the plot, I'll tackle this one:

By allowing Chinese companies to help fund movies, Hollywood movies are allowed earlier releases within China and potentially less censorship issues as what can or cannot be seen is already baked into the script. Earlier release = less pirates = more profits.

Also notice the token Chinese actor/actress in the movie that adds nothing to the plot but get a top billing.

This also happen to Ironman 3 and the last Transformer with the famous "the mainland government is gonna save us" line baked into a scene in HK.

As for Rogue Nation, it's a fun movie and it makes sense for the most part. Much like Furious 7, just check your brain at the door and enjoy. Expect more movies to be that way because explosions and mayhem sells, especially in China.

sexualbanana
09-08-2015, 11:23 PM

Why didn't he just... I dunno... hire someone (anyone) else to go to exactly what Tom Cruise did. Why was ANY of it necessary?

First: Hunt has shown a talent for breaking into impregnable fortresses. First it was the CIA base, then it was that research building to get the antidote for the virus, then it was scaling the crazy tower in Dubai. The idea is that Hunt is the only guy in the World that is crazy enough to do some of the things he does. Thus, why the girl in the record store was so in awe of him. The man is practically a legend in the IMF. In this case, he needed to find someone who could free dive for whatever the amount of time was, which is difficult to do.

Feruk
09-09-2015, 08:09 AM
Wow now, let's not compare this train wreck to the last movie Bruce Willis had hair in...

So what you're saying is that instead of hiring Joe blow who can hold his breath, they assassinate a head of state and kidnap another just to get Hunt on board. This does not strike you as a little odd? It seemed the only talent one needed was holding one's breath for 2 minutes underwater. My father can do that! They should've recruited him. It would've kept the premier of fucking Austria alive! Also, if the IMF is so secretive, how does everyone know all their former missions??

The scene with young hottie at the beginning was put in for Tom Cruise just so he can re-watch it again and again and jerk off to it. That scene clued me in that I'd made a poor decision.

Xtreme, yeah I noticed a lot of Asian names in the credits at the start, but was baffled when I didn't notice any of them in the movie talking...

rage2
09-09-2015, 08:22 AM
Slightly off topic, you want to see an action movie with a lot of plot issues, give this one a rent:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3247714/

Probably one of the worst movies I've seen in a while.

lilmira
09-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Slightly off topic, you want to see an action movie with a lot of plot issues, give this one a rent:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3247714/

Probably one of the worst movies I've seen in a while.

A British secret agent fighting zombies with a genetically enhanced human? Makes total sense to me. :dunno:

shakalaka
09-09-2015, 09:08 AM
I watched this in the theatre and wasn't really impressed.

Dumbass17
09-14-2015, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I watched this in the theatre and wasn't really impressed.

Yup, I went yesterday with the gf and I gave up with about 20minutes left and tried to sneak in a nap.
This movie is really bad. The 'villian', if you can even call him that, is such a bad actor. He isn't scary and he talks like the god father for some unnecessary reason. He actually looks like he works at a dollar store or grocery store and lurks at playgrounds. I actually burst out laughing when he started talking and making threats in the movie haha.
The movie had no special or fresh stunts to set it apart from any other movie and it was just bad. 2/10

rage2
09-14-2015, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
He actually looks like he works at a dollar store or grocery store and lurks at playgrounds.
OK, I'll give you that one! :rofl: