PDA

View Full Version : LF: Advantage Ford Sales Contact

quick_scar
03-23-2015, 02:51 PM
Looking at a couple trucks tonight at Advantage Ford. Anyone know any of the sales guys over there, or have positive or negative feedback?

Only person coming up in a search is Marcos and with one positive, and one negative, its still up in the air.

Thanks

Tik-Tok
03-23-2015, 03:00 PM
I had a very bad experience there, but the two people who made it bad are definitely gone now. I can't remember the sales managers name, so don't know if he's still there, but he completely sided with them, and wouldn't hear me out at all.

ercchry
03-23-2015, 03:04 PM
sorath.... contact him, he isnt a sales guy, but can sell you anything... he is at a sister dealer though but i believe he can grab stuff from advantage if he wants

quick_scar
03-23-2015, 03:22 PM
I have already been in contact with Sorath. He was the first one I messaged but I know hes not in sales. If I decide to move on one of the ones i'm looking at tonight i'll be in touch with him again.

More so looking for someone over there that will just give me a straight answer on price, hopefully be able to find out a bit of back story on the vehicles, and go from there.

roopi
03-23-2015, 04:48 PM
I dealt with Marcos back in 2010ish. Not sure if the positive you read was what I posted (or even if I posted anything).

If I was dumb enough to buy a Ford again I would deal with him. I've learned my lesson though with Fords.

leftwing
03-23-2015, 05:08 PM
Not sales but I also had a terrible experience there.

Link to thread:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/need-help-input-dealership-issue/showthread.php?s=&threadid=353981

Cliffs from thread: Car got bad coolant flush by 3rd party, causing engine to think it was over heating. Took it to Advantage (due to convenience) - Mechanic told me $5300 worth of damage. I took it to another mechanic for 2nd opinion. He preformed a new coolant flush, block test, compression etc. and car was in perfectly fine condition. So I wonder if Advantage Ford was going to actually do all the work, or just do a coolant flush and charge me $5300.

Worst part was then when I went and complained I was in contact with the GM - Glen Eagleson (He is no longer there). His emails were written at a 3rd grade level, it was ridiculous how poor his spelling and grammar were - I cant believe he was GM.

I would never buy another vehicle or do any sort of business with them.

Proyecto2000
03-23-2015, 09:29 PM
I had a terrible experience with Advantage on a fleet deal 2 years ago that involved 10 F-350's so I switched to Maclin Ford and I have bought 18 trucks in 2 years problem free.

If you are still looking for a name PM me as my sales guy has been wicked.

Graham_A_M
03-24-2015, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by leftwing

Worst part was then when I went and complained I was in contact with the GM - Glen Eagleson (He is no longer there). His emails were written at a 3rd grade level, it was ridiculous how poor his spelling and grammar were - I cant believe he was GM.

I would never buy another vehicle or do any sort of business with them.

Hahaha, Greg Eagleson? Damn when I worked there back in 2002, he was just a lowly sales guy, LOL.

I wonder where he is now. :rofl:

Advantage is kind of a gong show, Im very happy with the car I bought there, but not in the least with everything else about that place... Id recommend going elsewhere, seriously. Coming from a guy who used to work there, that says a lot. :nut:

leftwing
03-24-2015, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Hahaha, Greg Eagleson? Damn when I worked there back in 2002, he was just a lowly sales guy, LOL.

I wonder where he is now. :rofl:

Advantage is kind of a gong show, Im very happy with the car I bought there, but not in the least with everything else about that place... Id recommend going elsewhere, seriously. Coming from a guy who used to work there, that says a lot. :nut:

Yes Greg Eagleson, I don't know why I wrote Glen.

Where is he now? He is GM at Cam Clark Ford which is super unfortunate because I am close family friends with a Sales Manager there but now probably wont consider shopping there.

If you listen to Country 105 on the radio you'll hear one of his (Eagleson) stupid fucking commercials on there.

corsvette
03-24-2015, 10:10 PM
I won't step foot in any Dealership that has Eagleson running. That man is exactly what gives car salesman a bad name. He's an old school slimeball car salesman that moved up the ladder by bringing profits in by underhanded, scuzzy, scamy sales techniques.

I was very sad to hear he went to Cam Clark, that dealership was one of the better Ford stores.

SkiBum5.0
03-25-2015, 07:02 PM
Jeff Parker - newer guy that came from the GM corporate world.

s2k_boi
03-25-2015, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by SkiBum5.0
Jeff Parker - newer guy that came from the GM corporate world.

Word. Great guy :thumbsup:

quick_scar
04-01-2015, 09:14 AM
I forgot to check this thread for a couple days and ended up at Cam Clark. Worked with Corey Dahlman who has been great so far. Picking up the vehicle this weekend I think. Will post a full review of my shopping experience when it is all said and done as things can change quickly.

SkiBum5.0
04-01-2015, 10:22 AM
^ Cam Clark is pretty good - bought my 2012 F150 from them. Jeff P is just a good friend of mine and I would trust him to treat anyone I send that way fairly.