PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Peace Keeping Drones

Sugarphreak
03-23-2015, 05:41 PM

Nitro5
03-23-2015, 06:14 PM
When you think about it, how much does CPS spend a year on helicopters? Does a helo bring anything to them that a drone wouldn't? Really it's a manned aerial camera instead of an unmanned one.

They wouldn't need the hanger at the airport, which must be expensive to lease, maintenance, flight crews and the aircraft itself.

Would a drone make more sense to put a camera in the sky?

roll_over
03-23-2015, 06:50 PM
I knew it sugar phreak is Thales of Miletus

Sugarphreak
03-23-2015, 06:54 PM

lilmira
03-23-2015, 06:55 PM
If they use drones for traffic enforcement, all the speeding tickets, don't give them ideas.

Sugarphreak
03-23-2015, 07:21 PM

16hypen3sp
03-23-2015, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by lilmira
If they use drones for traffic enforcement, all the speeding tickets, don't give them ideas.

Lol… I was just going to say.

Maybe the RCMP will put down the manned aircraft they "use" on QEII and replace it with drones.

I heard a few rumours that they posted those signs and painted those lines on the highway just to make you think you were under surveillance thus, making you reluctant to speed.

Robin Goodfellow
03-23-2015, 09:25 PM
What do drones have to do with peacekeeping?

MGCM
03-23-2015, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Robin Goodfellow
What do drones have to do with peacekeeping?

Well since you cant trust your neighbors we all need drones to spy on them and ensure their being peaceful. Thats how we invent new wars because one neighbor has a nicer car or a different way of living that does not conform to "normal society" so we have to spy on them until its an all out war. Then we can just take whatever we want from them, spoils of war right? Or America barked softly and Canada as always jumped. But then were just a bunch of pussies sucking Americas cock:thumbsdow

blairtruck
03-24-2015, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by MGCM

Well since you cant trust your neighbors we all need drones to spy on them and ensure their being peaceful. Thats how we invent new wars because one neighbor has a nicer car or a different way of living that does not conform to "normal society" so we have to spy on them until its an all out war. Then we can just take whatever we want from them, spoils of war right? Or America barked softly and Canada as always jumped. But then were just a bunch of pussies sucking Americas cock:thumbsdow
how does the cock taste lol. is it as little as i assume Americas cock is?
i see no difference in this and a helicopter

Sugarphreak
03-24-2015, 07:26 AM

Robin Goodfellow
03-24-2015, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Is there any reason to think they would be excluded from peace keeping operations?

Ummm... Perhaps I'm not clear how the use of drones supports peacekeeping.

Unless, of course, we're talking about those phoney NATO "Peacekeeping" operations, which result in a lot of folks dead, and no peace kept.

In which case, it seems perfectly sensible.

ExtraSlow
03-24-2015, 01:26 PM
Drones are perfect for surveillance, which I think it a common component of any peacekeeping or military mission.

Sugarphreak
03-24-2015, 02:06 PM

Crazyjoker77
03-24-2015, 03:35 PM
This article is a little bit misleading or creative journalism to make a better headline. Canada already has drones and has for almost a decade. (in fact most of them are based out of alberta) most of the money is solely for the purchase of the camera systems and retrofitting them to our fleet of existing herons and testing/training.

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/unmanned-aircraft-crashes-near-cfb-suffield-1.533153