PDA

View Full Version : super troopers 2

ercchry
03-24-2015, 01:01 PM
... kinda weird, i wouldnt think they'd have issues finding actual investors for this... but they are crowd funding it?

$90k in two hours... should be easy enough to hit their goals i would think

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/super-troopers-2

zt0mSRLTEbQ

Tik-Tok
03-24-2015, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
... kinda weird, i wouldnt think they'd have issues finding actual investors for this...

Did you watch any of their other films? They went a pretty steady and steep downhill, lol.

ercchry
03-24-2015, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Did you watch any of their other films? They went a pretty steady and steep downhill, lol.

i enjoyed beerfest... but yeah, club dread sucked :rofl:

lasimmon
03-24-2015, 01:15 PM
I wish they wouldn't. Super troopers is a classic and another will ruin it I think.

blitz
03-24-2015, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
... kinda weird, i wouldnt think they'd have issues finding actual investors for this... but they are crowd funding it?

Crowdfunding is a no brainer, investors want their % of the profits, crowdfunding is just a bunch of suckers risking their own money for little to no reward and you pocket all the cash.

eglove
03-24-2015, 02:56 PM
I hope it's good. The original is a classic!

ercchry
03-24-2015, 02:57 PM
they did a Q&A on reddit, guess they really didnt have a choice. over $300k now, will be interesting if they can keep this rate up. they havent filmed anything since slammin salmon, which i didnt even know existed till right now

Reddit

Love Super Troopers and Beer Fest. Gotta ask, though...

You have a string of movies, and moderate box office success with a ton of DVD sales. Why do I need to help you finance making a Super Troopers sequel?

I'd imagine that you all have enough combined assets to put a film together, especially with the networks you should have been building the past ten years around Hollywood. Why do you need to get my money before the film is made, instead of making a film that encourages me to put my money into it at the theaters?

Is IndieGoGo just a tool for you to raise money that you'll never have to pay back, whereas in the past getting a film financed meant that person had a stake in the profits?

Kevin Heffernan
We've run into a lot of obstacles getting it made. Basically a lot of the powers that be don't understand how much people are fans of the first one and want to see a new one. We need help showing that there is an appetite. Honestly we're just regular guys. We don't have a network TV show, you don't see us in big movies. We like to make our own stuff. Indiegogo is a grassroots way we can get this made.

Paul Soter
Yes. You would think it wouldn't be hard to raise the money through an investor. I thought so too. I've been thinking that for 3 years now.

drtoohotty1
03-24-2015, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by eglove
I hope it's good. The original is a classic!

It wont be look at anchor man 2 :thumbsdow and that god awful pile of trash dumb and dumber to :barf:

BerserkerCatSplat
03-24-2015, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by blitz

Crowdfunding is a no brainer, investors want their % of the profits, crowdfunding is just a bunch of suckers risking their own money for little to no reward and you pocket all the cash.

It's actually a little bit worse than that.

There's no way in shit they'll make a movie for $2M, that's way too low, especially if they have to do the distribution themselves.

No, what's happened is that the studios have seen the success of previous fan-funded film campaigns (Veronica Mars, etc.) and realized that it's the perfect test for small movie pitches. Instead of Broken Lizard going to a studio, pitching an idea, and the studio having to determine whether it's popular enough to bother making, now the studio just has to say "Prove it yourselves - do an indie campaign for $2M, and if you succeed we'll provide further $ and buy the distribution rights." That way the studio doesn't pay a dime until a chunk of costs are already in hand and the fanbase is already there. If it fails, they're not out any money either. Zero risk.

Aaaaaron
03-25-2015, 12:14 AM
Wow lots of the perks are selling out fast. Someone bought the car package for 35,000.

ercchry
03-25-2015, 03:40 PM
Wow, over $2mm in a day and a few hours, almost all of the big dollar perks are gone too