PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone shorten some carbon fiber pipes for me?

Rocket1k78
03-24-2015, 04:43 PM
I've got a set of CF Termis that id like shortened a couple inches. Ive read it can be done but its something id rather pay to have done properly. If anyone can do it or knows someone that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

ddduke
03-24-2015, 05:46 PM
Carline near Chinook did mine.

Rocket1k78
03-24-2015, 06:46 PM
Thanks! i'll call them tomorrow.

krprice84
04-09-2015, 01:41 PM
It's really easy to do, if you have a dremel tool and a pop rivet gun (and maybe a hacksaw, depending on the muffler).

Drill out the rivets with the dremel tool, pull the back cap off. Pull out whatever internals there are, set them aside. Put a diamond cutting wheel on the dremel (princess auto sells them cheap enough, a couple bucks), and use that to cut the carbon fiber and shell if there is one. Use a hacksaw or an emery cutting wheel on the dremel to cut down the internals (or a sawzall if you have one) - might be worth pulling the packing off while you do this, depending on the design. Put the internals back in, put the end cap back on, and mark the new locations for the rivet holes. Drill the holes with a sharp carbide or high speed cutter, running at full speed on the dremel (no drill bits). Use the pop rivet gun/tool to rivet the cap back on.

Done and done. saved yourself some cash and learned something. Easy peasy