PDA

View Full Version : looking for parking for my truck, any suggestions?

monday
03-26-2015, 12:54 AM
hey I'm looking for a place to park my truck as i don't have any room in my driveway and my neighbourhood is packed, any places you guys might know about,?

or an alley maybe a gravel pad that someone may want to rent out for the low, thanks

killramos
03-26-2015, 06:42 AM
http://www.park2go.ca/

:dunno:

If you aren't parking on your street or in your neighborhood you are going to have to pay...

Outdoor park2go is going to be cheaper than anything else.

heavyfuel
03-26-2015, 06:55 AM
Just run people off your street. Pick where you wanna park, chicken hawk it and when it's open park like a complete dick until they don't even wanna be around you. Took me less than 2 weeks to run people off the stretch of street overlooked by my balcony when I moved into my condo. It's like the lunch room in jail- either you run someone out of his spot or eat sitting on the floor lol

spike98
03-26-2015, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by monday
hey I'm looking for a place to park my truck as i don't have any room in my driveway and my neighbourhood is packed, any places you guys might know about,?

or an alley maybe a gravel pad that someone may want to rent out for the low, thanks

Rent a stall at an RV storage lot. $50-$100 per month will get you something.

Cos
03-26-2015, 07:59 AM

Feruk
03-26-2015, 08:10 AM
Why don't you have room on your driveway? If it's due to other cars, park those on the street when your neighbors go to work. :)

R154
03-26-2015, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by heavyfuel
Just run people off your street. Pick where you wanna park, chicken hawk it and when it's open park like a complete dick until they don't even wanna be around you. Took me less than 2 weeks to run people off the stretch of street overlooked by my balcony when I moved into my condo. It's like the lunch room in jail- either you run someone out of his spot or eat sitting on the floor lol

I dont understand how you did this.

Run people out?

Graham_A_M
03-26-2015, 09:26 AM
I'd recommend an RV storage lot like what was recommended before. They have outdoor stalls and (some places have) 10×20 bays you can store it in. Lots of places rent it on a monthly basis with no lease agreements or contracts. The key is to find one on the outskirts of calgary, or Airdrie, High River (etc). Those are FAR cheaper then anything in Calgary, as in $50-70/month. Also their a lot more secure then leaving it by someone's house here in town where it can be prone to accidents, vandalism, theft and the like.

For storing my summer car, I used to use East side storage (not recommended) up in Airdrie, for indoor secured storage it was $100/month, for outside storage in their fenced lot it was $60.

Additionally, if you check Kijiji and rentfaster.ca, it's not hard to find people renting either a full garage, or at least a stall in a garage for quite a reasonable rate.

heavyfuel
03-26-2015, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by R154

I dont understand how you did this.

Run people out?

I just parked there whenever it was open, as much as I could. There was one dipwad that would park just right so another vehicle wouldn't fit, so I'd move my truck within feet of the entrance of the alley, then I'd park my other truck behind it within inches of his bumper, just generally and blatantly shamelessly parking like a dick until he no longer parks there. And he lived like 1/2 block away too I'd always see him get out of his truck and walk somewhere. Since I drive a bin truck and a lifted Dodge people are gonna hate anyways, so might as well eh lol

Tik-Tok
03-26-2015, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by heavyfuel
Just run people off your street.

Because if you read between the lines, he's just hiding it from the repo-man. :rofl: