PDA

View Full Version : Dinner theaters

88jbody
03-28-2015, 07:29 PM
So my wedding anniversary is quickly apraoching, so I am thinking of doing something different and going to a dinner theater, I have never been to one.

Just wondering some insight from those who have gone, Mainly Jubilations, which has a sherlock one, and Stage west's "then the lights went out".

What did you think of them? what are they like? and which would you recomend, the menues look good at all of them so I dont think the food will be a deciding factor.

firebane
03-28-2015, 08:33 PM
Jubilations is ... meh. The food isn't that great and I saw one show there and didn't feel that if I had paid it would have been worth it.

I heard Stage West is actually good but I haven't been there yet.

relyt92
03-28-2015, 09:19 PM
I haven't been to Jubilations, but have gone to stage west a decent number of times for work functions and going with family, the food has always been quite good and I've never disliked one of the shows, even ones that I initially didn't have any interest in.

ExtraSlow
03-29-2015, 08:10 AM
I'd rather do a "real" theatre and a "real" dinner separate.
Vertigo Mystery theatre is pretty good if you are into the sherlock type stuff.

roopi
03-29-2015, 08:52 AM
Going to a dinner theater was the worst experience of my life. I would never take anyone to experience one so before you do you might want to go yourself to experience it.

Neil4Speed
03-29-2015, 10:53 AM
I wouldn't go for a wedding anniversary, but for an overall experience I really enjoyed Stage West.

AE92_TreunoSC
03-29-2015, 11:10 AM
Both Jubilations and Stage West are best enjoyed in a group, not really a romantic anniversary. I don't think I'd ever just go as a single couple to either of them.

+1 Separate dinner and separate play for this scenario

codetrap
03-30-2015, 08:19 AM