PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Audi Q3

Ariakas
03-29-2015, 04:43 PM
Hey all,

Anyone test drove or have an Audi Q3? Doing some research on compact luxury SUV for the wife and really like the Q3. I know there's a face lift version with with upgraded engine + DSG coming later this Fall but that's not going to deter me from buying the current version, seems like there are some discounts now. Also with the current engine + 6 speed auto being out for a while (Q3 out in 2012 overseas), they probably iron out all the kinks and is more reliable?? Thanks in advance.

JustinMCS
03-29-2015, 05:20 PM
The facelift looks interesting, do you think we are going to get it considering we JUST got the Q3 in its current format?

I sat in it, but anyone over 6 foot with a long torso is going to have a hard time with head room. I have the same issue with the new A3/S3.

Good luck, looks like a nice little SUV and it has warranty if it's brand new :)

GTS Jeff
03-30-2015, 11:07 PM
I had one as a loaner for a couple days and I didn't care for it too much. The interior felt cheap compared to the rest of the Audi line and in fact I felt like I was sitting in a Tiguan. Everything from the switchblade key to the low-res gauge cluster LCD suggested as such. Then as far as utility goes, the hatch is about the same size as an A3 or Golf hatch, so then why put up with the disadvantages of a raised up SUV?

The Q3 is a cheap way of getting into a luxury badged car that is still cheap for a reason. It's not a real Audi.

benyl
03-30-2015, 11:28 PM
Doesn't that make the A3 not a real Audi either?

Canucks3322
03-31-2015, 05:42 AM
Whoa whoa whoa lol u crossed the line there rich kids haha.... The Q3 is just a super duper chick car so you can't look at the way we would here on beyond..OP it's brand new so you'll have the warranty if it's reliability you're worried about.. If you want long term... Get a RAV4.

killramos
03-31-2015, 06:45 AM
My mum was looking at them recently. Nice cars. Basically the same thing as a tiguan, which is also a great car.

The entire VWAG is completely inbred at this point so the only thing that makes it a "real audi" is that fact that there are 4 rings at the front. And don't worry you pay for those 4 rings.

I wouldn't worry about reliability tbh as the car is just a raised and stretched golf. There isn't much dramatically new on the Q3. Its a high margin volume seller for audi.

Always take VWAG release dates, especially to North America, with an enormous grain of salt. They have proved time and time again that they are perfectly fine with us waiting years for an update that Europe has received. You will wait forever and ever if you keep wanting that 5% refresh that is perpetually on the horizon.

If you like the car the way it is, buy it, if not don't :dunno:

Jlude
03-31-2015, 08:45 AM
When I bought my Q5, the salesman said he had a Q3 as a demo and it sucked. That's my only experience with them.

gulfstorm
03-31-2015, 11:51 AM
I had one as a loaner as well. Not to bad of a drive. Definitely more nimble than a Q5 and good interior space. The switchgear and interior is definitely subpar but you still get real leather etc. THE BIGGEST problem is the old 2.0T engine, old version of Haldex awd and old 6speed auto. Just feels very aged compared to the rest of the line up. I was even told by someone at the dealership that they dont even carry any accessories or floor mats for the current gen Q3. I would say wait for the imminent refresh. And yes, it is coming!

GTS Jeff
04-03-2015, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by benyl
Doesn't that make the A3 not a real Audi either?

Basically, though there wasn't an equivalent VW with AWD, 2.0T, DSG, an upscale interior, good handling, and utility. I see the last gen A3 as a lowered Tiguan with better styling and interior.

Not sure what to say about the new A3s though...I've driven the new A3 sedan, A3 cabrio, and S3 and I would count them as VWs too. That old switchblade key really bugs me.

schocker
04-03-2015, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Basically, though there wasn't an equivalent VW with AWD, 2.0T, DSG, an upscale interior, good handling, and utility. I see the last gen A3 as a lowered Tiguan with better styling and interior.

Not sure what to say about the new A3s though...I've driven the new A3 sedan, A3 cabrio, and S3 and I would count them as VWs too. That old switchblade key really bugs me.
People in europe don't seem to have an issue with entry level vehicles made by bmw/audi/mercedes though so I don't understand the issue here.

YYC_A4
04-06-2015, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by schocker

People in europe don't seem to have an issue with entry level vehicles made by bmw/audi/mercedes though so I don't understand the issue here.

Indeed! Here an A1 with cloth interior would be too much of a threat to the luxury branding.

benyl
04-06-2015, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by schocker

Audi, bmw, mercedes aren't luxury brands and they are not marketed as such. The e-class is one of the most used cabs and the A4 is like the malibu in the rental car fleet.