PDA

View Full Version : Calgary & area Dodge dealerships - New Sales

Masked Bandit
03-30-2015, 10:53 AM
I ran a search but couldn't find an appropriate thread to bump so here's a new one. Does anyone have a strong recommendation for new sales at a Dodge shop in Calgary or surrounding area? Any salesmen here on the board?

TIA.

Cos
03-30-2015, 11:31 AM

quick_scar
03-30-2015, 11:39 AM
I was going to say Airdrie as well. Friend owns a dodge and makes the trip out there for service and anything he needs even though he lives in evergreen (far SW). He says they are the best. Don't know any sales people out there though.

20incheyes
03-30-2015, 12:09 PM
Jason Burns at Courtesy Chrysler in the automall. Guy has been there over 10 years in sales. True professional when it comes to car salesmen.

AndyL
03-30-2015, 05:35 PM
Chad boal at airdrie Chrysler . tell him I sent ya :)

(You can check my bill of sale - if your wondering how good)

Cos
03-30-2015, 06:41 PM

redblack
03-30-2015, 08:09 PM
I used sean miles, no one could touch his price

Masked Bandit
03-30-2015, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by redblack
I used sean miles, no one could touch his price

At what dealership?

J.M.
03-30-2015, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit

At what dealership?

Airdrie Dodge

shakalaka
03-31-2015, 09:42 AM
I am looking for some recommendations on good Jeep dealerships/sales person in Calgary or Edmonton. If anyone here works at one that would be great as well.

Thanks!

Cos
03-31-2015, 09:49 AM

shakalaka
03-31-2015, 09:56 AM
Thanks I will check them out and their inventory to see if they have what I am looking into. For what it's worth, I have been email exchanging with a Brittany Tremka at Eastside Dodge in Calgary and she seems quite nice as far as I can tell to try and accommodate my needs. Not sure if it is anything special or not since I've had no second opinion yet but she's taken the time to answer all my questions and give me her 'best' price I suppose.

Bill, you can look into Eastside Dodge as well and first see if they have what you want in their inventory and go from there.

PS: I've found Eastside Dodge to have the largest inventory of at least the Jeep's I am looking at. Lots of dealerships don't even have the vehicle I am interested in like Airdrie Dodge (just checked online).

ercchry
03-31-2015, 11:10 AM
eastside is the scummiest dealership around... dealers can also transfer stock around fyi

carson blocks
03-31-2015, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by AndyL
Chad boal at airdrie Chrysler . tell him I sent ya :)

(You can check my bill of sale - if your wondering how good)

This. Chad was by far the best pricing on my truck. Same as Andy said, pull my bill of sale and check the pricing vs. the $75k+ MSRP or give me a call if you get a minute.

Originally posted by ercchry
eastside is the scummiest dealership around... dealers can also transfer stock around fyi

Yep. After dealing with Eastside Dodge and Kia, the McManus dealer group will never get another penny of my money. In my opinion, their staff and management are the most dishonest, unscrupulous dealer personnel I have ever dealt with, and I've dealt with a lot. Even by bad car dealer standards, these guys are filthy crooks.

shakalaka
03-31-2015, 12:39 PM
Hmm that's a bit unsettling since from what I could tell, I thought they were could. Especially after exchanging emails back and forth. I guess I can message one of the people at Airdrie Dodge and see what they can do for my trade-in and the vehicle I am interested in. They certainly don't have any in stock so would probably have to bring it in. Chad Boal sounds like a good guy to get in touch with, and I will name drop Andy I suppose if that helps. Haha.

carson blocks
03-31-2015, 12:57 PM
You really have to watch Eastsides F&I office. They will verbally tell you one rate and have another on the contract, sneak in fees, etc. If you deal there, do the math on your calculator and don't sign until their number matches yours. I guarantee it won't match the first time. When I was younger, their F&I manager fucked me on a purchase by verbally telling me one rate and having another printed on the contract, when I noticed after signing, his manager and the Dealer Principal had zero fucks to be given between them and a general 'fuck you' attitude despite me being nothing but polite and professional. The same greasy F&I guy is now working at Eastside Kia and did the paperwork for a Kia for my ex. a few months ago (I had no idea he worked there). They had worked in about $1500-2000 over what was agreed upon and she'd never had known if I hadn't recognized the greasy fuck and done the math on my phone before letting her sign. They're good, it wasn't clumsy and this obviously wasn't their first time doing creative math on the Bill of Sale. The Eastside / McManus group is fucking slick so watch your anus if you go in one of their dealerships.

* This is all just my opinion of course so the greasy bastards don't try to sue me.

AndyL
03-31-2015, 09:44 PM
Here's my reasoning for recommending chad - fleet sales manager. Recommended by someone who was in the industry since ww2; only dodge guy he would deal with.

Here was my experience with chad - "Dude I want a basic work truck, 2wd if possible, 4.7 v8, quad cab, no toys no bells no whistles" he pulls out a truck - says this is the price. I do my research, selling less than CCC report says his invoice was.

No four square (I've learned, when that sheet comes out - I walk out the door), no bullshit, got me 0.9% when the other dealers were telling me ~4% was best they could do.

Come back, sign paperwork, drive away. No fuss no muss no bother. (hell I never even test drove the thing before I bought it - but I'd driven them before)

Might not be the best guy if you want to check out all the models and all the trim levels and options... He's always swamped...

But - nobody seems to touch his price. Never heard anyone have anything but a positive experience with him.

Using my name - doesn't get you anything, but it may get me something :rofl:

CapnCrunch
04-01-2015, 08:42 AM
This seems relevant.

http://www.apa.ca/2015-APA-W5-Investigation-Calgary.asp

carson blocks
04-01-2015, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by AndyL

Might not be the best guy if you want to check out all the models and all the trim levels and options... He's always swamped...

But - nobody seems to touch his price. Never heard anyone have anything but a positive experience with him.

Yeah, being a fleet guy, know what you want going in there. If you need your hand held, to drive 60 vehicles etc, go waste Eastside's time as they deserve it, then go see Chad. My purchase was done over the phone.

"Hi, I want a full load 2500 Laramie Diesel with a stick. Check every box except the automatic and the 20s"
"Ok, here's the price"
*Ordered*

The way buying a vehicle should be.

Cos
04-01-2015, 09:40 AM

94boosted
12-07-2018, 03:06 PM
Bump

Which is the best Dodge/Chrysler dealership in town? Specifically for new car sales? I'm so pissed off with GM right now I'm temped to take my 15' Sierra and trade it in for a 19' Ram. Any sales guys that you guys recommend?

ercchry
12-07-2018, 03:55 PM
That’s like being pissed off with the PCs and voting NDP :rofl:

bourge73
12-07-2018, 04:00 PM

Bahahahahahaha

ExtraSlow
12-07-2018, 04:02 PM
For pickup trucks from any of the big three, I always recommend going OUT of town. Airdrie, Okotoks, Cochrane etc. No specific recommendations, aside from not buying a RAM.

94boosted
12-07-2018, 04:29 PM

:rofl: true that

For pickup trucks from any of the big three, I always recommend going OUT of town. Airdrie, Okotoks, Cochrane etc. No specific recommendations, aside from not buying a RAM.

I'm only considering Ram because it seems they've gotten their s**t together for this latest generation, they must have done something right seeing as MT deemed it the truck of the year. At the very least it's worth a test drive.

corsvette
12-07-2018, 04:40 PM
Don't go Ram if you want reliability, the 19's are the absolute peak of FCA reliability problems. A friend traded his 17 F150 and has huge regrets, also a guy I know trough work driving a courtesy car more than his new truck. I was tempted by one too just cause the nice interior, decided I'd stick with the devil I know for now.

Just check the 5th gen Ram forums.

ExtraSlow
12-07-2018, 04:41 PM
Truck of the year is a joke. They don't compare with all trucks.

corsvette
12-07-2018, 04:51 PM
Truck of the year is a joke. They don't compare with all trucks.

Interior of the year yes, by far the nicest out there. Ram is so far behind GM and Ford in powertrains, they spent all the development dough on the inside and left the same 10 yr old 5.7 under the hood, didn't even give it a power boost. Latest TFL review the new Ram with E-assist (some joke of a hybrid system) had worse fuel economy than a Ford Raptor with the 450Hp TTV6! A RAPTOR with huge ass tires brick like aerodynamics and the top dog engine!! The Chevy had the best with a 5.3 V8. Carlike Truck of the year yes, a few other comparos had the Ram 2nd and 3rd place to the others. A nice interior certainly isn't everything.

And GM pissing me off too. They wont deal much on the 19's and have nothing for leases. Until they come down in price I'm not buying, might end up with a new F150.

Mitsu3000gt
12-07-2018, 05:02 PM
What about a Tunrda / Titan? Presumably then you could at least avoid the reliability issues and interiors of the American trucks. Options seem way more limited though if you need high towing capacity, a dually, diesel, etc.

corsvette
12-07-2018, 05:06 PM
What about a Tunrda / Titan? Presumably then you could at least avoid the reliability issues and interiors of the American trucks. Options seem way more limited though if you need high towing capacity, a dually, diesel, etc.

Tundra would avoid reliability issues. Nissan nowadays known more just as many problems as the domestics. Only trouble with the Tundra is its ancient, otherwise a great truck.

ExtraSlow
12-07-2018, 05:09 PM
I like to shit on Ram, but it's probably a better value than Tundra, and a far better powertrain. Tundra drives like a 1990's F350.

94boosted
12-07-2018, 05:19 PM
And GM pissing me off too. They wont deal much on the 19's and have nothing for leases. Until they come down in price I'm not buying, might end up with a new F150.

My issue is with service not sales, I wasn't planning on upgrading for another year but my recent experience at Shaganappi (and subsequently GM customer care) has left me fuming, maybe I will go drive a new Ford afterall.

corsvette
12-07-2018, 05:21 PM
I like to shit on Ram, but it's probably a better value than Tundra, and a far better powertrain. Tundra drives like a 1990's F350.

Maybe....but factor in the Rams quality, repair frequency, and resale value the Tundra may pull ahead. There are BRAND NEW Rams at the dealer auction, even with their 20% off at dealers they're still not moving. I think FCA canadas sales were down some 30% this month. Ram is doing well in the US though and may overtake Chevy in #2 spot (not GM combined).

94boosted
12-07-2018, 05:21 PM

I've driven one of the new Titan's and found the interior very uninspiring, as for the Tundra, talk about an ancient powertrain and dated looks (in my opinion).

Don't need any crazy towing capacity I only tow my open-deck car hauler and track/auto-x car.

Mitsu3000gt
12-07-2018, 05:50 PM
Tundra would avoid reliability issues. Nissan nowadays known more just as many problems as the domestics. Only trouble with the Tundra is its ancient, otherwise a great truck.

Ah fair enough, maybe they aren't as good as I thought. Yeah I can't recall the Tundra received a meaningful update now that you mention it.

I've driven one of the new Titan's and found the interior very uninspiring, as for the Tundra, talk about an ancient powertrain and dated looks (in my opinion).

Don't need any crazy towing capacity I only tow my open-deck car hauler and track/auto-x car.

Yeah I didn't realize it's been so long since it's been updated, I could see that being an issue.

bjstare
12-07-2018, 07:44 PM
If you're unhappy with the service, you should not be looking to get into a Ram. Just sayin.

ercchry
12-08-2018, 03:15 AM
If you're unhappy with the service, you should not be looking to get into a Ram. Just sayin.

Yeah, Ford service is amazing compared to the rest... I was veeeerrrry close to driving my Jeep right through the showroom window when after 6 months of “oil consumption test” they said they didn’t have enough data to fix my 1qt/tank of fuel issue... and while you’re on that, you must get that dealer to fill the oil... meaning I couldn’t go more than a tank of gas away from town...

Ford? Spun a bearing... drove into the dealer, just from the sound the car made “yup, that’s fucked... order him a new long block” long block! No fucking around... had the car back in 4 days... and it only took that long cause it spun on a Friday :rofl:

Darell_n
12-08-2018, 08:46 AM
Let me borrow your Jeep for the weekend. I can make the Dodge dealer have the same response to the engine noise as your Ford dealer did. Lol

spikerS
12-08-2018, 03:51 PM
So, i have been cruising the different forums for Rams, not seeing the same discontent that is being posted about them here...what's going on?

corsvette
12-08-2018, 08:05 PM
So, i have been cruising the different forums for Rams, not seeing the same discontent that is being posted about them here...what's going on?

Just buy one. I'll bet you'll miss your Ford. I had a 16 HD Outdoorsman and got my fill of what a poor quality parts and rotten dealers feel like.

Small sample....a whopping 42.9 % have had no issues with their 19's. I'm sure most are happy, but thats still a pretty poor showing on a owners forum. Not to mention they're usually at the bottom of most ownership surveys. And if you really want to see another of FCA's shining stars just look at the new Jeep JL forums (sadly really wanted one of these). I really don't hate FCA products but the quality really stinks.
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/how%E2%80%99s-your-2019-ram-running-take-our-poll.1017/

Maxt
12-08-2018, 08:15 PM
I've only purchased one new vehicle in my life and it was a Dodge. The dealer service and support has been very good, just have to pick the right dealer.

dino_martini
12-08-2018, 10:27 PM
Can't speak to their service department but I had excellent service purchasing at Hanna Chrysler. Its a bit of a drive but you deal directly with the sales manager.

Masked Bandit
12-09-2018, 05:43 PM
I've bought new from different brands and I've yet to find one I actually like, they all come off as super greasy. I think you just have to know exactly what you want ahead of time and plug your nose.

Maxt
12-09-2018, 07:21 PM
Northside Lethbridge Dodge has been good to deal with. On the ball with everything so far.

Skrilla
12-10-2018, 05:07 PM
I looked into the new Ram with a couple of our leases coming due. Nice truck interior wise, but will probably still stick with GM. For my personal trucks, I lease Toyota as its 0% and I always get a massive check back when I turn it in (both Tundra's and Tacoma's). The Dodge dealers in the Hat are a joke, but I did have a great experience at the Airdrie dodge dealer