PDA

View Full Version : LF: Metric Brake Hard Line

li Arc
03-30-2015, 04:26 PM
Anyone know where I can locally find a short metric brake hard line with a male fitting on one end and a female on the other? Preferrably Cu-Ni, but at this point, whatever I can find. One end male M10x1.0 bubble flare, the other end female reverse flare M10x1.0 held by compression nut (AFAIK).

Haven't been able to find this locally, or even nationally (seems like most online shops only sell hoses and not the lines).

li Arc

RickDaTuner
03-30-2015, 06:05 PM
Two different nuts, and two different flares? I think you maybe mistake on that.

But....

Canadian tire has a pretty good selection of pre flared brake lines with a multitude of fittings.

IIWY, I would just re-use the fittings from your own line, and make a new sections of line out of some stock, Its not that hard, and the tools to flare are not that expensive from princess auto.

pyro6314
04-03-2015, 04:22 PM
I just went through the metric line BS. Almost always, it's still a 3/16 line while the fittings on the ends are metric. Metric is usually bubble as you stated, Subaru uses inverted flare.

I have scrap line, M10x1.0 nuts and a nice flaring tool. Hit me up if that's helpful. Email is best.

Maxx Mazda
04-03-2015, 05:50 PM
Make your own. Very easy to do.