PDA

View Full Version : Someone bent my license plate

Kanto_Terrors
04-03-2015, 05:40 PM
Hi beyonders,

I just noticed this morning that my license plate had been bent. I park my car on my property and I also have my own parking spot at work.

I have a Jackson Racing frame plate that is obscuring the 2015/2016 sticker, but I rarely park or leave my car on public streets.

Other than being a douche, Why would someone do this? Would the CPS or CPA do this to check if my car was registered?

I removed the frame plate, so it doesn't happen again.

AndyL
04-03-2015, 06:08 PM
cps/cpa would run it in computer... not physically check. Although on private property - it might get checked by rentacops to ensure it's not old abandoned pos.

Double check your renewal stickers - Heard stories of them getting peeled and replaced with weaksauce forgeries (because your registration is legal - it wont get a second glance by police).

Kanto_Terrors
04-03-2015, 06:34 PM
^^ok will do. Thanks.

Chantastic
05-03-2015, 06:10 PM
If it's a plastic license plate frame, if you have a small enough saw (like a jewelers saw) you can cut out the sections where it covers the stickers. I had to do that with my Stillen one.

NoPulp
05-03-2015, 07:38 PM
Nobody should be bending your plate.

As for obscuring the stickers, on my Hoonigan frame I dremelled the top bolts holes so it allows it to sit lower so you can see the color and enough of the number to figure out the year. Haven't had any issues.