PDA

View Full Version : Buying Wheels. What to watch out for and is this set good

Jonathanl10
04-05-2015, 07:53 AM
Hi Beyond,

I have a couple questions regarding wheels I want to buy and need the community's input.

I'm looking at these 2014-15 Si wheels for my Civic (I have an EX in my display pic) and was wondering if this is too good to be true or something I should consider.

Guy is only selling for 500 which seem really low to me including tires that he claims has decent tread life. Judging by the pictures, he has bags for them so they probably aren't stolen but they seem really dirty. Wondering if that's a red flag for hiding curb rashes, blemishes, or if its an indicator of neglect? The first pic is a stock photo so I know its not one of his particular wheels. Don't want to generalize but the address is in Martindale. Not sketchy but its in the NE?... Dont want to stereotype, but you know... haha

And last thing, what are some precautions that I should take when looking at wheels in general?

Thanks!

Link to ad:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/calgary/brand-new-civic-rims-with-low-profile-tires/1062129341

italianstylez
04-05-2015, 08:08 AM
Ask for them to be washed or wiped clean go look at them you like em by them. Done

s dime
04-05-2015, 10:17 AM
I have a set of HFP wheels from a 2012 Civic SI if you are interested. I'll let the wheels and tires go for 800.

J.M.
04-05-2015, 11:12 AM
Seller is from NE so obviously trying to pull something........

Canucks3322
04-06-2015, 04:36 PM
Hmmm hard to say, most scammers, especially from the NE aren't even able to write a compete sentence...