PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Beyond Meets!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

speedog
04-16-2015, 04:22 PM
What football game on a Wednesday?

And Flames games on a Wednesday - not really an issue considering when their season runs.

Never the less, if the beyond members that be want to have a Wednesday meeting place where they might be able to make things work, then McMahon could be a good central location. People can either continue to shit on the suggestion or someone can take the ball and run with it. No skin off of my back, folks.

ercchry
04-16-2015, 04:29 PM
central?! in what world? :nut:

rage2
04-16-2015, 04:30 PM
I'm up for a McMahon meet!

killramos
04-16-2015, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
central?! in what world? :nut:

It's at the corner of 2 major thoroughfares and honestly fairly accessible for anyone who lives North of Cranston.

It's pretty reasonable tbh...

Just as reasonable as Chinook which is pretty far south.

ercchry
04-16-2015, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by killramos

It's at the corner of 2 major thoroughfares and honestly fairly accessible for anyone who lives North of Cranston.

It's pretty reasonable tbh...

Just as reasonable as Chinook which is pretty far south.

my brother use to live in the area, i wouldnt even do that drive at that time of day to visit him... from bankview :rofl:

killramos
04-16-2015, 04:54 PM
I used to live a stones throw from there so I guess I have never paid it much thought.

speedog
04-16-2015, 05:35 PM
Sure don't see people offering up many other via solutions - even Northland will probably chase people away, the idea of an unorganized meet that is not sanctioned by any club will make any mall owner/manager nervous. Grey Eagle - organized and I believe sponsored as well, be a boob there and you'll most likely have the tribe's police talking to you or CPA waiting for you where their jurisdiction takes over.

McMahon, a big, free and probably mostly idle lot after 6PM on Wednesday's - people could probably start meeting there without even talking to anyone and as long as things are cool, security there probably won't bother any meet particpants.

MGCM
04-16-2015, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by speedog
Sure don't see people offering up many other via solutions - even Northland will probably chase people away, the idea of an unorganized meet that is not sanctioned by any club will make any mall owner/manager nervous. Grey Eagle - organized and I believe sponsored as well, be a boob there and you'll most likely have the tribe's police talking to you or CPA waiting for you where their jurisdiction takes over.

McMahon, a big, free and probably mostly idle lot after 6PM on Wednesday's - people could probably start meeting there without even talking to anyone and as long as things are cool, security there probably won't bother any meet particpants.

if this could work id say our best chance of support from anywhere in Calgary would be UofC property as it would be some of their own students attending the meets. Id say someone take this idea and run with it, do some trials over the next few weeks. And do it on Thursday nights, not the same day as GE.

Graham_A_M
04-16-2015, 09:35 PM
^ this, it would be good to offset the meet times so if someone wanted to attend both meets, they can without having to pick & choose.

TheHumbleGeek
04-17-2015, 04:32 AM
We could start the beyond meet later in the evening. It would also avoid people having to drive crowchild during rush hour...

That said, McMahon seems to be the best location, and Im not totally opposed to moving the meet to thursday, though, it might make it so I have to choose between GE and beyond, but thats me and mine.

Now if we have decided on mcmahon, I have no issue with being the one to contact mcmahon security, but it really be someone in charge, who people listen to, which is definitely not me....

flipstah
04-17-2015, 07:15 AM
UofC has a car club so you can talk to them if you need help.

BlueHaloGirl
04-17-2015, 11:00 AM
I'm good for trying out a meet at McMahon, I'm good for Wednesday or Thursday.

MGCM
04-17-2015, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by TheHumbleGeek
We could start the beyond meet later in the evening. It would also avoid people having to drive crowchild during rush hour...

That said, McMahon seems to be the best location, and Im not totally opposed to moving the meet to thursday, though, it might make it so I have to choose between GE and beyond, but thats me and mine.

Now if we have decided on mcmahon, I have no issue with being the one to contact mcmahon security, but it really be someone in charge, who people listen to, which is definitely not me....

What meet did you have to drive in rush hour? I have never gone to GE or Beyond Chinook meets until after 7pm and not once ran into "rush hour". Do you think you have to be there right at 6pm or something, cause lol you dont.

Sugarphreak
04-17-2015, 03:29 PM

Brentizzle
04-17-2015, 05:49 PM
I just want to be able to go somewhere too look at cool cars and let people see mine and not have to frequent barlow tims meets. McMahon or Heritage park would both be dope. I'll probably stop by GE sometimes too.

georgemagana
04-17-2015, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by BlueHaloGirl
I'm good for trying out a meet at McMahon, I'm good for Wednesday or Thursday.

This.

300zxfairlday
04-17-2015, 06:34 PM
As long as it doesnt go further south then chinook i would still attend these regularly

MGCM
04-17-2015, 07:27 PM
sounds like there is at least 10 ppl who want McMahon, do a trial next week.

NRGie
04-18-2015, 07:02 AM
My car is still tucked away but if there's something planned for sure, I'll probably swing by with a buddy

SR240SX
04-18-2015, 10:21 AM
I'm down for Mcmahon.

xnvy
04-18-2015, 11:01 AM
McMahon would be sick considering I live on res!

TheHumbleGeek
04-18-2015, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by MGCM

What meet did you have to drive in rush hour? I have never gone to GE or Beyond Chinook meets until after 7pm and not once ran into "rush hour". Do you think you have to be there right at 6pm or something, cause lol you dont.

True... However, to be down at chinook for 7:30, im still catching the tail end of rush hour of everyone who works in the north and lives in the south....

Anyways, mcmahon is decided, so Wednesday or thursday?

TYMSMNY
04-18-2015, 03:06 PM
Wednesday. :)

Frank_White
04-18-2015, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by 300zxfairlday
As long as it doesnt go further south then chinook i would still attend these regularly

+1 :werd:

BlueHaloGirl
04-19-2015, 08:49 AM
I'm in for a Wednesday meet at McMahon
Time and can someone post a shot of the exact lot we are talking about? The one right off Crowchild?

Kijho
04-19-2015, 09:25 AM
Weds / Thurs McMahon :clap:

TheHumbleGeek
04-19-2015, 11:56 AM
@bluehalogirl:
Short answer, yes... crowchild at stadium nissan...

So just because you're all so lame, here you go.

Lot 73 on the NE side of McMahon

https://www.ucalgary.ca/map/files/map/ParkingMap2_Nov_2013.png

Alright, what time was everyone thinking? around 7:30? or later?

speedog
04-19-2015, 01:09 PM
I would suggest that if you're going to use lot 73, then park in the northwest portion of that lot so as to avoid the section up against Crowchild that has the plug-ins - park near where the red X is below and you shouldn't have to contend with transit parkers that much because they're all going to cluster towards the pedestrian overpass. Also, keep away from the northern extreme of lot 73 as you'll have some parkers there that are using the facilities just to the north.

Lot 72 (yellow X) is even better because it's semi-quasi fenced in with low jersey barriers on it's perimeter - easily 150 stalls in lot 72. Both lots here are also slammed friendly if entered from Crowchild at 23rd Avenue - coming in off of University Drive you will find series of speed bumps on the road that goes around the north side of the stadium.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5040260/pics/mmx.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5040260/pics/mmxx.png

MGCM
04-19-2015, 03:28 PM
what about L77??

TheHumbleGeek
04-19-2015, 05:14 PM
Think 77 might be too difficult to get into and out. However, I do like the idea of Lot 72 with its "contained" area...

speedog
04-19-2015, 06:28 PM
Problem with 77 and 76 is that many students get passes for these two lots and there are often numerous vehicles in these lots after 7 or 8. There's also 3 soccer fields to the north of 77 and 76 that are quite heavily used when university is out and those soccer people use 77 and 76.

MGCM
04-19-2015, 07:16 PM
Problem with 77 and 76 is that many students get passes for these two lots and there are often numerous vehicles in these lots after 7 or 8. There's also 3 soccer fields to the north of 77 and 76 that are quite heavily used when university is out and those soccer people use 77 and 76.

well......damn, guess L72 is looking to be the winner.

Thursday Pre Weekend Meet 8pm start, cmon quit competing with GE.

TheHumbleGeek
04-19-2015, 08:10 PM
Actually, wednesday is the only night I can guarantee I get off, which is why I prefer a wednesday...

Why you want thursday so badly?

MGCM
04-19-2015, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by TheHumbleGeek
Actually, wednesday is the only night I can guarantee I get off, which is why I prefer a wednesday...

Why you want thursday so badly?

because it is completely asstarded to have our meet the same night as GE. So far the ONLY reason anybody has given for not doing Thursdays is that they cannot always be there, too bad? Cmon why the fuck are we even considering keeping it as Wednesdays? Half of us can probably afford the time to goto both meets both nights. And for those who can only make 1 meet per week at least they have 2 days to choose. We could have some of the GE guys come to our meets except for the part where for some stupid reason ppl want to compete with GE meets.......Its like having a Flames game and Stamps game on the same day same time, how stupid would that be? So why does beyond want to be that stupid?:dunno:

Freedom69
04-19-2015, 11:25 PM

because it is completely asstarded to have our meet the same night as GE. So far the ONLY reason anybody has given for not doing Thursdays is that they cannot always be there, too bad? Cmon why the fuck are we even considering keeping it as Wednesdays? Half of us can probably afford the time to goto both meets both nights. And for those who can only make 1 meet per week at least they have 2 days to choose. We could have some of the GE guys come to our meets except for the part where for some stupid reason ppl want to compete with GE meets.......Its like having a Flames game and Stamps game on the same day same time, how stupid would that be? So why does beyond want to be that stupid?:dunno:

I agree with the common sense Thursday option...

I'll be going to Grey Eagle on Wednesday's, I'm tired of trying to hit both. It was actually much easier once the Chinook Meets shut down leaving the one option...

BlueHaloGirl
04-20-2015, 09:32 AM
I'm game for whichever night you want to have these meets. I like the location L72 and say lets do it.
However if it's this Thursday I can't make it as I have to work late shift but I have no problems with Thursdays.
If we do keep in on Wednesdays then I'd likely just go to this one as Grey Eagle is a long drive for me to make and hard for me to get to by 6pm to get a spot, but may hit it up once in awhile.

NRGie
04-20-2015, 10:14 AM
Just used to going to beyond meets on wednesdays, but either way I'll probably be on campus this wednesday and thursday and I wouldnt mind stopping by in between a study break

DENZILDON
04-20-2015, 04:19 PM
Well summer is around the corner and I talked to Jay and he said beyond meets are welcomed on Sundays at his shop (EVOLUTION VAPE). The whole parking lot from end to end is open.

Frank_White
04-20-2015, 11:11 PM

:werd: makes complete sense

MGCM
04-21-2015, 01:03 AM
lets do a trial meet this Thursday at 8pm-10pm, lot 72 of McMahon, who's in?

speedog
04-21-2015, 07:22 AM
Lot 72 - if my memory serves me correctly there are speed bumps at the two northwest entrances but the east entrance is clear. Also, this lot can be closed with some simple metal swing gates that are in place at the three entrances but I don't ever recall seeing these gates closed.

BlueHaloGirl
04-21-2015, 08:54 AM
I won't be there this Thursday as I'm working but count me in for next week if it's a good place to meet.

TheHumbleGeek
04-21-2015, 09:05 AM
alright... I cave....

Thursday at mcmahon...

Ill be there alittle before 8.

SR240SX
04-21-2015, 01:01 PM
If it's raining I won't make it. No wipers on the car.

MGCM
04-21-2015, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by SR240SX

thats dangerous:nut: lol

SR240SX
04-21-2015, 05:02 PM
Yea it sucks...when I took the linkages out all the brittle plastic bushings and clips broke. I'll work on making a new set up eventually.

flipstah
04-21-2015, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by SR240SX

Rain-X and drive fast.

MGCM
04-22-2015, 02:11 AM
off topic a bit, but has anyone on here ever met the owner of a black RHD civic hatch with a 3.2L V6 swap in it?? :eek:

eglove
04-22-2015, 07:14 AM
^ yea that's divahn if he still has it

relyt92
04-22-2015, 09:05 PM
off topic a bit, but has anyone on here ever met the owner of a black RHD civic hatch with a 3.2L V6 swap in it?? :eek: Not RHD, but the guy that owns Compact Tuning Lab has a 90' Civic Hatch with a turbocharged J30 swap in it. Thing is a beast.
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpa1/outbound-distilleryimage5/t0.0-17/e15/OBPTH/b870af2a80de11e2b8f522000a1fbce9_7.jpg

MGCM
04-22-2015, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by relyt92
Not RHD, but the guy that owns Compact Tuning Lab has a 90' Civic Hatch with a turbocharged J30 swap in it. Thing is a beast.

lol funny u should say that, i got in contact with the owner of the n/a one and he wanted to turbo his but could not find a manifold. I'll mention that to him when I go see it.

edit, apparently that setup from Compact Tuning Labs does not run:dunno:

muffzz
04-23-2015, 05:55 PM
Is there a meet today at 8?

MGCM
04-23-2015, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by muffzz
Is there a meet today at 8?

might be a little wet but its a test meet so im going anyways......pending my caliper is not seized up

xnvy
04-23-2015, 06:48 PM
I would come but I'm stuck in the library studying and the only thing I'll peel myself away from the books for is the game... :goflames:

I'll come next week though.

TheHumbleGeek
04-23-2015, 08:16 PM
Alright, anyone else coming? Feelin alittle odd, gotta admit...

BlueHaloGirl
04-23-2015, 08:35 PM
Awww I'd be there but I'm working right now...sorry.
Has anyone showed up yet?

speedog
04-23-2015, 09:20 PM
Drove by on Crowchild about 20 minutes ago, looked to be about 4-5 people there.

MGCM
04-23-2015, 09:55 PM
Drove by on Crowchild about 20 minutes ago, looked to be about 4-5 people there.

and u didnt stop by to say hello? how rude:devil:

We had 4 ppl total, but the lot looks good, we did not get bothered by security or police. I believe this lot to be a good option for beyond meets and I will be returning next week for round 2 of the trials. If all goes well for the next 2 weeks then I figure we can make a new thread and call it official as the new weekly beyond meet. If we behave ourselves there might even be the remote possibility the UofC would allow L72 to be used as a burnout competition or washing machine spin out section. Play our cards right and that opportunity might exist next year.

speedog
04-23-2015, 10:03 PM
Had places to be, things to do.

TheHumbleGeek
04-23-2015, 10:17 PM
Yup, was a good location... @bluehalogirl got lots of space too...

BlueHaloGirl
04-24-2015, 09:09 AM
Great to hear! I will be out next Thursday. Any reason we can't have it at 7pm instead of 8pm. It's getting pretty late and I'm up for work at 6am.
Just thought I'd ask.

MGCM
04-24-2015, 01:33 PM
Great to hear! I will be out next Thursday. Any reason we can't have it at 7pm instead of 8pm. It's getting pretty late and I'm up for work at 6am.
Just thought I'd ask.

First i got ppl whining its too early at 7pm and they cant get there early enough for a good parking spot, now 8pm is too late and ppl want to go earlier........:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

flipstah
04-24-2015, 01:42 PM
BWHAHAHAH.

eglove
04-24-2015, 02:05 PM
Why not just show up whenever is convenient for you? It's a meet...not a date

TheHumbleGeek
04-24-2015, 02:17 PM
See, told you we should have kept it on wednesday :p

Honestly, if you are there alittle early, you just get a better choice of parking stalls... mind, that said, the entire lot was basically empty when I got there...

MGCM
04-24-2015, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by eglove

By that logic we should setup the meet for 6pm-11pm come whenever you feel like it:dunno: yea? no?

Shlade
04-24-2015, 02:43 PM
This is why you don't go trying to change a good thing. Chinook works and always has worked.

ercchry
04-24-2015, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Shlade
This is why you don't go trying to change a good thing. Chinook works and always has worked.

it wasnt a good thing last year, and was on track to be even worse this year... not to mention security doesnt want anyone gathering there now :nut:

flipstah
04-24-2015, 03:07 PM

Babe, when are you going?

MGCM
04-24-2015, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

Babe, when are you going?

only if Julie and Sally are not there, Julie has such an ugly purse and Sally has the worst shoes gawd:devil: :rofl:

flipstah
04-24-2015, 03:55 PM
How about people just show up and if you're late, that sucks.

:dunno:

eglove
04-24-2015, 03:56 PM

We can't go there anymore though - security booted everyone and said we are not welcome - police will be called

eglove
04-24-2015, 03:59 PM

By that logic we should setup the meet for 6pm-11pm come whenever you feel like it:dunno: yea? no?

That's how it always was - should stay that way. Just a different location that is all

muffzz
04-24-2015, 05:31 PM
It's actually a nice spot with lots of space plus after 7ish it's pretty much empty. There's also some good lighting there for some nice car pics :thumbsup:

MGCM
04-24-2015, 05:52 PM

That's how it always was - should stay that way. Just a different location that is all

then that is exactly what we should do.

Shlade
04-24-2015, 07:09 PM

We can't go there anymore though - security booted everyone and said we are not welcome - police will be called

Security is full of shit there and won't do anything.

speedog
04-24-2015, 07:15 PM
Just so all know, lots 76 & 77 on the west side were quite plugged up with a lot of vehicles.

speedog
04-24-2015, 07:21 PM

So is the real story somewhere in between because there seems to be two quite distinct lines of thought with respect to what has happened/is happening at Chinook.

I only do Great Eagle once in a while and only as a bystander, have driven by Chinook but can't comment one way or another but it appears there is some discontent with what's going on there.

xnvy
04-24-2015, 07:58 PM
Nobody at Chinook cared about our Ford meet except HAWCS. That said, we didn't meet on a Wednesday evening.

TheHumbleGeek
04-25-2015, 12:10 AM

Actually, I happen to know one of the guys who works security there... and he's enough of a pretentious ass that he would, and would enjoy it...

That said, McMahon works well, its well lit, slammed friendly, more central than chinook, and as we have a few students in our group, we could probably get a pass should security start looking closer...

Redlyne_mr2
04-25-2015, 11:22 AM
So is Chinook still ok with the meets? Its a good spot because you can hit up the mall and get some food.

eglove
04-25-2015, 12:37 PM
^ I don't think so

speedog
04-25-2015, 12:44 PM
So BlueHaloGirl goes to Chinook on April 15 and reports back here (see below) and people are still saying Chinook's okay with meets?

Shlade claims security won't do anything?

The truth is out there, no?

So went to Chinook last night. There were a few of us there not a large crowd. There was no stunting last night no rowdy's just a few of us mingling and talking about our cars. Didn't matter, we are not welcome anymore.
4 mall security showed up and told us all that we are not welcome. Chinook does not want any car groups meeting there. They said we had to leave or they would call the police and even mentioned that they are watching the lot as well as Hawks. Needless to say we moved over to Grey Eagle and had a nice visit there and we were not disturbed.

So...guess that's that for Chinook. They sure didn't seem like they even wanted to listen to us. They don't seem to car that they will even loose some business because of this.

BlueHaloGirl
04-25-2015, 12:53 PM
^^ they made it pretty clear to us that we are no longer welcome. No car groups are welcome.
As far as I'm concerned Chinook is done and there is no question, as I was told directly by 4 security to leave.

eglove
04-25-2015, 12:53 PM
and that would explain the weekend after that we had a Ford ST meet there and the hawcs copter was hovering above us the whole time

Brentizzle
04-28-2015, 03:47 PM
Are people just going to hit up GE on Wednesdays then?

eglove
04-28-2015, 03:58 PM
Yup - looks that way

BlueHaloGirl
04-28-2015, 09:04 PM
Are we doing a meet this Thursday at McMahon?

muffzz
04-28-2015, 09:11 PM
I think there's a game this Thursday so some people might not show up but I'll be there. Let's get these meets rolling! :thumbsup: :clap:

rage2
04-28-2015, 09:33 PM
Playoffs really fucking things up. :(

Next week no game on Thursday, so I'm in for sure!

TheHumbleGeek
04-29-2015, 12:45 AM
Ill be there on thursday... at the moment, GE is too far/too much gas... once I start having shifts again, ill be up for GE...

Canmorite
04-29-2015, 09:11 AM
I'll try and make this Thursday, if not, next week for sure :thumbsup:

BlueHaloGirl
04-29-2015, 10:34 AM
Sounds like a few will be there...I will see you as well on Thursday! Still 8pm? I may be there early.

TheHumbleGeek
04-29-2015, 11:02 AM
Yup, still 8pm... See you thursday...

Brentizzle
04-30-2015, 12:31 PM
anyone down to meet at 6pm ish before the game at 8? I can't not watch the flames when they are in the playoffs.

BlueHaloGirl
04-30-2015, 07:28 PM
I won't be making it out tonight sorry, not a good night for me. Will try for next week.

TheHumbleGeek
04-30-2015, 08:24 PM
Im sittin in the same spot as last week, if anyone is coming...

Brentizzle
05-07-2015, 06:49 PM
anyone tonight?

xnvy
05-07-2015, 07:09 PM
Uhh mee I guess lol

Newly discovered perk of Lot 72, you can watch the baseball game from the comfort of your vehicle. Granted, this is not particularly exciting.

SKR
05-07-2015, 08:54 PM
Fuck, I was in Calgary today with my car. If I was thinking I would have dropped in. I forgot all about it until now.