PDA

View Full Version : bodywork

dj_honda
09-27-2002, 08:49 PM
k so i found a sweet sr5 for a winter car and the only major things wrong with it were a broken windhield and a small bondod up rust spot along the driver side rear wheelwell
basically other than that the car is in prestine shape and i am gonna sell it in the spring....
i wanna fix these two problems so i can sell it for a decent price since i got it at a very very good price....so i can make a profit
basically....i took apart the bondo work to find some rust that had thinned out the sheet metal....so i cut out the rust and am left with a 5inch by 3/4 inch gap in the sheet metal....i need to fill this up and was looking for tips on body work...i am not gonna weld in a piece cuz it takes to long and is not worth it since it may rust again (which is why i wanna sell the car soon so i can make a profit).....anyways...i have done some minor bodywork like this before...but never when i had a gap to fill.....any tips???
btw i am gonna use fibreglass body filler and fibreglass screening to fill the gap

Weapon_R
09-28-2002, 03:03 AM
You can lay sheets of fibreglass and run some resin on top and it will harden that way. Its pretty good for smaller gaps and it hardens like steel. It also doesn't rust.