PDA

View Full Version : TPMS on 2014 Wrangler

sabad66
04-12-2015, 12:01 PM
I got some winter tires for my gf's 2014 Wrangler last November and we decided to put them on the stock rims instead of dedicated steelies/rims so that we could keep the stock look and also have the TPMS working correctly (also cost so we didn't have to buy rims and 4 new TPMS sensors at the time).

FFwd to now where I want to put the all seasons back on. Instead of doing this, I found some 17" rims from a 2008 that look the exact same and I am thinking of putting them on these 4. That way we will have 2 separate sets of rims/tires.

If I buy 4 TPMS sensors to put on these 08 rims, am I right in assuming they will just work correctly on the 08 rims and that I can swap the winter/summer sets on as I please? Or do I need to calibrate the sensors/link them to the jeep with some sort of device?

thanks in advance

italianstylez
04-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Need to link the sensors everytime you swap them over .

sabad66
04-12-2015, 04:38 PM
How do I link them? Do I need to buy some special device?

tha_bandit
04-13-2015, 10:30 AM
Should automatically learn the new tire pressure sensors after driving for 10 minutes or more of normal driving

italianstylez
04-13-2015, 02:00 PM
That or visit a dealer or tire shop ; domestics are the worst for tpms all the euro cars are easy especially range rovers don't even need to press a button just drive 30k for a couple mins

sabad66
04-13-2015, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by tha_bandit
Should automatically learn the new tire pressure sensors after driving for 10 minutes or more of normal driving
from reading on some jeep forums, i think you're right.

i'm just gonna go ahead and have the new sensors that i ordered put on the new rims when i get the summers mounted and hope for the best.