PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on 2007-2009 BMW X5 4.8 litre V8

Canucks3322
04-13-2015, 09:10 PM
I've recently developed a liking to this vehicle, any thing I should look out for as I check out the ones on kijiji?? Can't seem to find much on google, what about thte 3.0 litre engine with twin turbo? Any major problems like with the 3 series of these years?

JustinMCS
04-13-2015, 10:46 PM
Are you looking at the N52 or N54? Yes the N54 HAD the same issues as the N54 3 Series. I haven't had any issues before or since the recall. I have an 09 N54 335.

I guess you're looking between 07 and 09 because of the price? If you go 10-11 model years with lci refresh you get a better M Sport option and looks and led Coronas on some 11s. Also better cic navigation versus ccc navigation in the old ones.

Good luck.

shakalaka
04-13-2015, 11:23 PM
Had a 2008 with the 4.8 engine since brand new for about 6 years I believe. Never an issue with it outside of regular maintenance. Mind you, it only had around 60K km's when we sold it early'ish last year so it was barely driven. To help with the pricing, I recall only being able to get around $28K for it at the time.

snowcat
04-14-2015, 02:41 PM
I agree with Justin on this one, the new iDrive (CIC) is light years ahead of the CCC version!

prodigydud
04-17-2015, 09:42 AM
Hey OP, I was in the same boat as you late last year. I found that you should research on the options you want or avoid before searching for your E70. For example, I avoided the DVD system due to the fold down screen and impeding on the arm rest.

As well, I noticed the condition/colour/options were better coming from BMW dealerships than the used market (kijiji/trader/used lots), albeit at a higher price. I think this is due to vehicles largely being leased, and BMW dealerships having 1st crack on lease returns.

This was my first BMW and coming from a Cayenne V8 the gas consumption seems comparable. The biggest change was adapting to the idrive. There seems to be a ton of options and features all in the idrive settings with only a wheel and menu button. I can't say I have any gripes about the CCC, it works fine, but definitely needs time to learn its features. Having said that, I haven't tried the newer CICs, but heard great improvements - so ignorance is bliss.

Good luck in your search!