PDA

View Full Version : Curb Rash Repair

killramos
04-14-2015, 07:13 AM
Just want to spin this off of Codetraps thread.

I saw a recommendation for Alberta Wheel Repair in there but considering this is the second result on google:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/avoid-alberta-wheel-repair/showthread.php?s=&threadid=301301&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

Thread is also from 2010 so...

I have a minor spot of curb rash on one of my summer rims and i figure i should repair it before it comes time to remount them on the car. Rash is about 1 inch long and should be a VERY easy fix.

Does anyone have a good shop they recommend for this? An estimated price for the work?

If not I will just get the dealer to do it when i get an oil change ( i know they will also send it off but at least its on them to have it done right).

rage2
04-14-2015, 07:37 AM
Andre at Alloy Wheel Repair. I haven't used Alberta Wheel Repair in years.

killramos
04-14-2015, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Andre at Alloy Wheel Repair. I haven't used Alberta Wheel Repair in years.

:thumbsup:

codetrap
04-14-2015, 08:14 AM

killramos
04-14-2015, 08:17 AM
^ His site looks pretty good to be honest with the before and after pics. and it looks like he has handled much worse damage than yours.

I need to pull my wheel out of its storage tote tonight to take a pic and get a quote.

codetrap
04-14-2015, 08:17 AM

R-Audi
04-14-2015, 10:49 AM
Recently found this guy on Kijiji... ended up getting a set of wheels repaired and powdercoated at what I thought was a pretty good price. It is based out of his house, but also has a workshop in the industrial area.

http://www.calgarytireshop.com/

BokCh0y
04-14-2015, 11:34 AM
I haven't used Alberta Wheel in a while now. They were "ok" in the beginning in terms of quality of work, however the clear coat on the rims started to flake shortly after, not a big deal but shouldn't happen. The biggest issue however, that I had with them was the time it took to have one rim repaired and the way I was treated.

I've been there a few times now but not once in the past 5 years, this was before I heard of Andre. Each time I would drop of a single rim for refinishing. They tell me it'll be a week, I'm cool with that and check back in a week. Then they say another couple days and it just drags on from there. One rim took 3 weeks to refinish and another took 4 weeks, both were just curb rash, no dents or cracks. The last rim I just tossed it into my trunk and used it as a spare due to the quoted time and poor customer service. These weren't anything fancy for rims btw, they're factory boring ass lexus/toyota rims - OEM.

Anyway the inconsistent time sucks, but the worst is the way you get treated by from santos. Long story short, the past 5 years I've had to have rims repaired, and before Andre, alberta wheel was really the only place for rim repair. Now that there's are alternatives I won't even give alberta wheel a glance.

Just my opinion of course.

relyt92
04-14-2015, 06:45 PM
I haven't used any myself, but I always seem to hear good things about Kwicksilver Wheel Repair.

guessboi
04-14-2015, 07:11 PM
Andre called me today and told me my 2 rims are ready for pick up.
Dropped them off on Good Friday so 10 days. Hoping results are great when I get them tomorrow. :)

I didn't shop around - $125 / wheel for very minor curb rash. (AMG rim / Tenzo R rim) Not sure if the size or brand makes a difference.
I too used to go to Alberta Wheel Repair many years ago.

SportEL
04-14-2015, 08:24 PM
I have gone to Andre multiple times with good results. I went once to Alberta Wheel Repair, and they did a real good job too as recent as 2 years ago.