PDA

View Full Version : image hard drive

Zorac
04-14-2015, 07:39 AM
i have used clonezilla for years to image and restore my computer without a flaw. i recently switched to using intel rst with raid arrays and now clonezilla fails. all it manages to do is wipe my drive im trying to restore. my OS drive is actually a single unraided drive, but on the intel chipset that is running the raid arrays and seems to need the raid drivers to run correctly.

Acronis True Image seems to support raid arrays and thus should fix my problem, anyone have experience? any other suggestions?

somewhat related, exact audio copy totally freezes up now that i have enabled intel rst. any alternatives someone could reccomend?

eblend
04-14-2015, 08:00 AM
I like True Image, I have used it a lot on servers so it should work for most things. Most recently I have used HDClone, they have a free version, but you may need to get professional version for raid controllers and such. http://www.miray.de/products/sat.hdclone.html#versions

I found the pro version online on various sites....

Thaco
04-14-2015, 08:22 AM
i typically use macrium reflect, it's free for personal use, never let me down, but i cant say i have ever used it in your situation.

The_Penguin
04-14-2015, 09:27 AM
+1 for Macrium. My go-to choice for imaging. Used it for many years.

Zorac
04-14-2015, 10:50 PM
thanks everyone, gives me some ideas to try!