PDA

View Full Version : DealerRater.ca? Anyone used this?

Masked Bandit
04-14-2015, 12:56 PM
http://www.dealerrater.ca/

Looks to be like an online dealer review website. It would be handy if it were at all accurate and wasn't salted with reviews from dealer staff, family & friends (I have no evidence of this, I just assume it happens). Has anyone posted a review on here and if so, was there any follow up or reaction from the dealership?

ercchry
04-14-2015, 12:59 PM
96% Recommend for eastside... i think i've seen everything i need to :rofl:

Masked Bandit
04-14-2015, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
96% Recommend for eastside... i think i've seen everything i need to :rofl:

lol...that's why I assume the business being reviewed salts their own listings. However if enough REAL people posted reviews (good or bad) it would be hard to not see the true colours come through.

Ukyo8
04-14-2015, 01:56 PM
Woodridge for has 7 reviews, and Courtesy Chrysler has 778 reviews? right...

Masked Bandit
04-14-2015, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Ukyo8
Woodridge for has 7 reviews, and Courtesy Chrysler has 778 reviews? right...

I would assume that a dealership with a high number of reviews may encourage all of their customers to post reviews on that site as a point of process.

Ukyo8
04-14-2015, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit

I would assume that a dealership with a high number of reviews may encourage all of their customers to post reviews on that site as a point of process.

In that case the rating on the website would be hugely influenced by the dealership itself :nut:

FullFledgedYYC
04-14-2015, 05:19 PM
Our dealership uses dealer rater and google for reviews. The problem with any review site is that the businesses that look the best on it are obviously asking their customers to post reviews.... if nobody asked, there would be hardly any reviews.

So while the dealership is asking for reviews, the reviews are indeed 100% truthful. Dealer rater is pretty damn strict when it comes to reviews... employees are definitely not getting away with posting their own reviews.

The way I see it, if that many people are having good experiences, it's probably a pretty good place. Someone can just as easily go on there and write a negative one.

ddduke
04-14-2015, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by FullFledgedYYC

So while the dealership is asking for reviews, the reviews are indeed 100% truthful. Dealer rater is pretty damn strict when it comes to reviews... employees are definitely not getting away with posting their own reviews.

Huh? How can employees not post reviews, I just posted one for Land Rover and have never purchased a vehicle from them directly. Seems pretty easy to write fake reviews.

FullFledgedYYC
04-18-2015, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by ddduke

Huh? How can employees not post reviews, I just posted one for Land Rover and have never purchased a vehicle from them directly. Seems pretty easy to write fake reviews.

location tracking, ip tracking, email tracking..... who knows what else.

I recently had 2 reviews taken down because they were written from the same house, even though they are 2 different people, with 2 different emails, and they bought 2 different cars.

Sugarphreak
04-19-2015, 09:57 AM

Masked Bandit
04-19-2015, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I decided to throw up a fair review of a poor experience... and it got taken down :dunno:

Did you receive any info as to why the review was deleted? Which dealership?

Xtrema
04-19-2015, 11:45 PM
Almost all review sites are crap.

I trust Beyonders' reviews more than any review sites.

Tik-Tok
04-20-2015, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Almost all review sites are crap.

I trust Beyonders' reviews more than any review sites.

Haha, yeah, this page is all you need to know about that sites intentions.

http://www.dealerrater.ca/dealer.aspx

Sugarphreak
04-20-2015, 07:05 AM

Masked Bandit
04-20-2015, 07:50 AM
I tossed a review up yesterday (negative) and it's still up this morning but it's not a "certified" dealer. I'm guessing that makes the difference. Anything bad on a certified dealer and it gets locked down and the dealership notified.

Sugarphreak
04-20-2015, 07:55 AM

masoncgy
04-20-2015, 02:00 PM
CMP Classic has 3.6 out of 5? hahaha! How is that even possible?

relyt92
04-20-2015, 07:52 PM
Sounds like BBB for dealers then with the certification?

ShermanEF9
04-21-2015, 06:06 PM
I just got asked by my dealer to fill out a review here. first time they've asked since ive been there. must be a new big deal thing?

Sugarphreak
04-22-2015, 08:19 AM

Masked Bandit
04-22-2015, 08:46 AM
So Sugarphreak, which dealership did you post the negative review on?

GQBalla
04-22-2015, 08:53 AM
http://www.dealerrater.ca/dealer/Village-Honda-review-32272/

this one seems legit though

NoMoreG35
04-22-2015, 09:31 AM
Meh.. Dealer Rater, BBB, Consumers' Choice, etc., all BS :dunno:

Sugarphreak
04-22-2015, 09:59 AM

Masked Bandit
06-08-2015, 09:56 AM
Bump.

So I guess we'll see shortly what this site is all about. I've posted a critical review of a recent purchase transaction with Tower Chrysler.

gwill
06-08-2015, 06:15 PM
My dealership had me fill out a survey done in house. I was told I had to rate them 5/5 for everything otherwise they would get dinged or punished. I posted a review online after I had an issue that they were dragging their feet on for 2 months and they used this against me on one of my trips into the service department.

It wasn't a horrible review but an honest one with me being dissapointed.. Basis was I love my car but the service guys were slacking. It Surprised me they read it on another site and were so offended by it... They gave me shit and made it seem if I posted anything negative online that my service appointments would become a problem.

I also saw a Twitter feud between a buyer and a dealership where the dealer sued the potential buyer for defamation. I'm pretty sure he used the dealer rate website. The guy tweeted his court papers that he get slapped with. The buyer even exchanged lots of angry tweets with the gm of the dealership who had a personal twitter account that was never used. His Only tweets were to msg the buyer and antagonize him.

Need to be careful with your reviews.

Masked Bandit
06-09-2015, 07:54 AM
I'm not concerned with retribution upon return to the dealership...'cuz I ain't gonna!

In the past I've had dealers do the in-house / manufacturer survey but this time Tower didn't even ask.