PDA

View Full Version : Out of Province Inspection Windshield chip

tlapec
04-17-2015, 09:34 PM
I recently brought a used GLK in BC and need to get an out of province inspection done here in AB. The car has a star chip that has been previously repaired, chip is around 3/4" in diameter but the cracks have been mostly filled in. Chip is located on the very bottom center of the windshield and is not in driver's direct line of sight.

Where would be a good place to go for an out of province inspection and would this previously repaired windshield chip cause my car to fail? I heard that some places are very strict about out of province inspections. The alberta inspection hand book says reject if any cracks are found in windshield but leaves a lot to interpretation as they do not specify size and/or location of crack.

Thanks for any response

SKR
04-17-2015, 09:51 PM
I had one that had two or three chips in it, and it passed.

That was in Medicine Hat though, not Calgary.

I add little value to these forums.

Sentry
04-17-2015, 09:53 PM
It'll pass anywhere if that's the only issue.

Graham_A_M
04-17-2015, 10:04 PM
^ Yeah a small chip shouldn't cause it to fail. The only real cause would be if it led to cracks obstructing your field of vision.

2Legit2Quit
04-20-2015, 03:09 PM
Correct, cracks obstructing vision, and cracks over 3 or 5 inches long...can't remember off the top of my head, cause inspection to fail. Can't see a chip the size OP has to be grounds for failure.

bourge73
04-20-2015, 04:41 PM
I ve got a good and cheap place for oop's they aren't
Crazy picky either pm me if you want the hook up