PDA

View Full Version : Sleepers in the NBA playoffs

Jynx
03-09-2004, 11:55 PM
which teams do u think are gonna be sleepers in the playoffs? and which players are gonna take over..

in the west i think houston will go far...
their 3-1 on the lakers this season, and yao is just tearin shaq apart
whut u guys thing

legereandrew4
03-10-2004, 12:09 AM
come play offs, housten wount have a chance with lakers i dont think...lakers have a total chage of attitude come playoffs, every year, and there starting line is just amazing, for the east id have to say new jersey...

MM99lude
03-10-2004, 12:19 AM
i think a team that nobody gives enough credit to is the Pacers. They are on top of the east and have some deadly weapons! i don't know if they can compete with the much larger west teams but i say they got a good chance of making it to the finals

legereandrew4
03-10-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by MM99lude
i think a team that nobody gives enough credit to is the Pacers. They are on top of the east and have some deadly weapons! i don't know if they can compete with the much larger west teams but i say they got a good chance of making it to the finals
yea I agree, they are doing very good this season, but as for the Title, i dont think they are strong enough.

Ajay
03-10-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by legereandrew4

yea I agree, they are doing very good this season, but as for the Title, i dont think they are strong enough.

They could be a contender for the title. This year they've had to take on the big powers in the West numerous times and have fared pretty well.

I think this is the year where the Kings finally lay a beating to the Lakers and go all the way for the title.

mo_virgin
03-10-2004, 01:12 AM
My Picks For the west

1. Lakers... come playoffs shaq will be unstopable
2. T Wolves... KG ... Spree ... Besides that cassell's secret alien powers will take over
3. Memphis... Its hard to stop a hot streak
4. Houston... Yao yao yao

Dallas Always Chokes
San Antonio is Annoying
and Sacramento is the nazi skinhead team

MM99lude
03-10-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by mo_virgin
2. T Wolves... KG ... Spree ... Besides that cassell's secret alien powers will take over

:rofl: :rofl:
cassell does look like an alien!

KG is the best player in the entire leauge!!

RiCE-DaDDy
03-10-2004, 01:27 AM
My Picks For the west

1. Lakers... come playoffs shaq will be unstopable
3. Memphis... Its hard to stop a hot streak
4. Houston... Yao yao yao

Dallas Always Chokes
San Antonio is Annoying
and Sacramento is the nazi skinhead team

u are dumb!

Lakers with everyone healthy is favored

T Wolves they have talent, but lack experience needed to win

Sac, always underrated. They got amazin talent and efficiency. No team in the league can match them in terms of talent, depth and awareness of roles.

San Antonio, w/o robinson, its gonna be harder and they can't shoot free throws worth shit!

Dallas, can't defend, can't win. Team chemistry isn't where it's suppose to be.

Memphis, no way...same with Houston but they would be a awesome cinderella story.

Eastern Conference? Don't make me laugh.

mo_virgin
03-10-2004, 01:39 AM
Ken SAC SUCKS!!!! Ill take bets that they go out in first round if you give me odds... there such chokers.

T wolves have expirience this year, as if spree and casell is enough already

bigboom
03-10-2004, 10:03 AM
actually i think charles barkley was right when he said cassell looks like gollum off lord of the rings :)

sleepers in the west-
1.memphis, if they get going they will be hard to stop especially with gasol and williiams running a good pick and roll
2.houston-yao in this last half of the season has turned it up and francis isnt as selfish anymore

sleepers in the east-
1.cleveland, anybody else notice how lebron has kicked it up and is destroying everyone, boozer has been playing wicked too
2.nyknickerbockers- all about marbury

chokers in the west
1.twolves- until i see them make it through the first round i dont have much faith in them even though they are my team
2. dallas-playoffs are more than about offence

chokers in the east
1.indiana-not quite convinced they are a playoff team
2.new orleans- mashburn is a big part of that team but seems like he is always injured.

gwkwan
03-10-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

u are dumb!

Lakers with everyone healthy is favored

T Wolves they have talent, but lack experience needed to win

Sac, always underrated. They got amazin talent and efficiency. No team in the league can match them in terms of talent, depth and awareness of roles.

San Antonio, w/o robinson, its gonna be harder and they can't shoot free throws worth shit!

Dallas, can't defend, can't win. Team chemistry isn't where it's suppose to be.

Memphis, no way...same with Houston but they would be a awesome cinderella story.

Eastern Conference? Don't make me laugh.
i agree!!!:thumbsup:

Jynx
03-10-2004, 11:58 PM
im surprissed that no one has mentioned detroit in this mix, wit their new addition in wallace, they look good... however im feelin indiana 2 take the east and then eventualyl loose in the finals 4-2 to the lakers ( i hope).....malone will really step it up in the playooffs, wouldnt be surprised if he puts up 20pts, 10 reb kinda nites... its very much like him..

no_joke
03-11-2004, 06:24 PM
You guys had better watch out for the Raptors. They're gonna do big things come playoffs.... Right... :rolleyes:

PGTze
03-11-2004, 06:27 PM
The Detroit Pistons will be a sleeper I think. Now that they have added Rasheed wallace, the are as dangerous on offense as they are defense. I think they will take out the Pacers or Nets in the East final.

accordboi_02
03-11-2004, 06:31 PM
As long as Malone and the Lakers don't win, I'm happy.
I think Sac is the team to beat this year, and they've only become better with Webber back playing.

As for sleepers, Hou is going to be a scary team; Cle is playing really well right now, and if Den can make it in, 'Mello will put on a show.

pinoyhero
03-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by legereandrew4
come play offs, housten wount have a chance with lakers i dont think...lakers have a total chage of attitude come playoffs, every year, and there starting line is just amazing, for the east id have to say new jersey...

I agree houston is useless but the nets, come on they are defending west champs they're not sleepers.

accordboi_02
03-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero

I agree houston is useless but the nets, come on they are defending west champs they're not sleepers.

I dont think that Hou will be useless... Yao has been playing amazing since the all-star break, and past couple times against the Lakers, he's owned Shaq. Add into that Francis isn't as selfish, I think Hou can suprise some ppl this year.

RiCE-DaDDy
03-12-2004, 01:49 AM
who cares to goes to the finals in the east cause we all know the west is gonna take it again :rolleyes:

nosegrindR
03-12-2004, 09:46 AM
cavaliers are slowly creepin up the ladder, they'll probably make it to the playoffs cause all you need is about .500 for the east, and they're playin good, i dont think they're going to make it far in the playoffs, but we'll see.

grizzlies are doing good, looks like another fairy tale like the mighty ducks

MM99lude
03-12-2004, 10:06 AM
grizzlies aren't a fairy tale! they have become significantly better in the last year and they deserve to be where they are. They are finally playing like a team and everybody is play hard. Might ducks didn't have the greatest season and they made that amazing playoff fun, that was a fairy tale, griz deserve a good post season:thumbsup:

accordboi_02
03-12-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by MM99lude
grizzlies aren't a fairy tale! they have become significantly better in the last year and they deserve to be where they are. They are finally playing like a team and everybody is play hard. Might ducks didn't have the greatest season and they made that amazing playoff fun, that was a fairy tale, griz deserve a good post season:thumbsup:

Jerry West is definitely solidifying his place as probably the best, smartest executive in the NBA with what he's doing in Memphis... talk about 100% turnaround!

Leekiwwi
03-12-2004, 05:36 PM
Ken SAC SUCKS!!!! Ill take bets that they go out in first round if you give me odds... there such chokers.

T wolves have expirience this year, as if spree and casell is enough already

so how much you want to bet on this?
I cant see any other team beating them in the playoffs. Lakers are the only ones with a chance

Jynx
03-14-2004, 01:16 PM
i really wanna c the raptors make it, their finally gettin healtyh agen wit rose back in the line up as of this morning, rod strickland is puttin up real good numbers, so it will be nice 2 c them make a run at the playoffs however im sure it will accompany a first round exit.

RiCE-DaDDy
03-14-2004, 01:40 PM
I cheer for TO them being Canadian and all but they suck, Carter doesnt play like a superstar and Kevin O'neill's preference for veteran talent isnt that smart. And their bench sucks

Jynx
03-14-2004, 01:59 PM
yeaa i cheer for them too cuz they are canadian, i was calgary had a ball team, even tho they wuldnt have much attendance down here...
arGH:(

max_boost
03-14-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by PGTze
The Detroit Pistons will be a sleeper I think. Now that they have added Rasheed wallace, the are as dangerous on offense as they are defense. I think they will take out the Pacers or Nets in the East final.

First team to hold an opposition team under 70pts for 5 straight games! First team to hold an opposition player under 10pts for a game!

Detroit is definitely my pick for the East.

The West is wide open, I don't think there is a definite favorite other than the Lakers (of course).

mo_virgin
03-15-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Leekiwwi

so how much you want to bet on this?
I cant see any other team beating them in the playoffs. Lakers are the only ones with a chance

You seem confident enough... what odds?

dasdin
03-16-2004, 07:36 PM
i think this year its gnna be between sacramento, the lakers and minny for the trophy..
simplee as that

RiCE-DaDDy
03-17-2004, 12:28 AM
dont listen to mo_virgin he doesnt know anything

mo_virgin
03-18-2004, 12:22 AM
Look THe kings are already choking!!!

nosegrindR
03-18-2004, 01:42 AM
Look THe kings are already choking!!!

haha they lost to washington tonight. I used to like the kings, sure they're a good shooting team, but that divac guy, man he must be hard to defend cause he smells so damn bad:rofl:

it'd be nice to see the TWolves take it

MM99lude
03-18-2004, 01:52 AM
you know what everybody wants to see the rap's make the playoffs but i think they suck. Just cuz they are canadian doesn't mean we should cheer for them! vince needs to get his act together, the whole team needs to suck it up, they don't deserve shit! they should finish 10th in the east and start fresh and get a team that WANTS to win, not a team that just shows up cuz they have to!

RiCE-DaDDy
03-18-2004, 02:00 AM
wtf it doesnt make sense!!! its all webbers fault!

and dallas lost to the hawks!!!! maybe we should call them "allas" cause they got no D!

ok that was weak, but i try :D

mo_virgin
03-18-2004, 04:48 AM
wtf it doesnt make sense!!! its all webbers fault!

and dallas lost to the hawks!!!! maybe we should call them "allas" cause they got no D!

ok that was weak, but i try :D

OH man... Ken
Your jokes used to be good!

I woulda punched you if i was home

mo_virgin
04-04-2004, 10:29 AM
Time to ressurect this thread...

Sacramento's going down in flames man... all you guys were like... when they get webber back there gonna kick so much ass. Look at them choke so hard. I think its time to revaluate our past predictions.

and Memphis!!! you can't stop white chocolate man... those guys are nuts.

Jynx
04-08-2004, 05:59 PM
and the raptors are now mathematically out of the playoffs
fuck

lam-boy
04-08-2004, 06:16 PM
hope malone goes down or something
break a finger or something

and shaq gets abroken toe or something

accordboi_02
04-08-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy
hope malone goes down or something
break a finger or something

and shaq gets abroken toe or something

:werd:

I just don't want to see Malone get a ring... that cheap bastard doesn't deserve it.
He's a loser, and deserves to continue to lose.

I think the Kings will get it together and make a nice run. Memphis is also a very scary team; I don't think anyone wants to play them 1st round. And don't overlook Minn - this could very well be the year they make it out of the 1st round and once they get that monkey off of their back, who knows how far they can go?

Oh yeah - the East is a joke.

RiCE-DaDDy
04-08-2004, 11:49 PM
Time to ressurect this thread...

Sacramento's going down in flames man... all you guys were like... when they get webber back there gonna kick so much ass. Look at them choke so hard. I think its time to revaluate our past predictions.

and Memphis!!! you can't stop white chocolate man... those guys are nuts.

Posey is awesome man!!!
I never liked webber, it's all bout peja

Jynx
04-09-2004, 01:32 AM
MALONE is the greatest player ever
i fukin love that guy
cheapness ruless
remember when we smoked some guy ( i think it was isiah thomas) so hard that he had to have reconstructivve surgery onn his facee

that was nutzz
cheap but nutz
ithink he deserves it man
40 years old...3% body fat

thats a drive to succed

mo_virgin
04-09-2004, 12:16 PM
Ahhhh... Malone is okay, but if stockton didn't get his ring neither should malone.

PEJA sucks!!!

Jynx
04-11-2004, 12:45 PM
Peja is ure typical international player, its the end of the season, his legs just arnt their nemoree
u c that garbage he was throwing up against phoenix
kinda looked like that lakeers-kings playoff games a few years back.

i think lakers are gonna rock sac this afternoon
i hope so at least

RiCE-DaDDy
04-11-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Jynx
Peja is ure typical international player, its the end of the season, his legs just arnt their nemoree

Odd statement to make, Where'd u get that from?

lam-boy
04-11-2004, 03:25 PM
Ahhhh... Malone is okay, but if stockton didn't get his ring neither should malone.

:werd: stockton didn't get one, malone don't deserve one. faggot old man!

RiCE-DaDDy
04-11-2004, 04:18 PM
stockton deserves it more than malone

Jynx
04-11-2004, 10:58 PM

Odd statement to make, Where'd u get that from?

typically close to the end of the regular season, quite a few of the international players (steve nash, peja, vlade(not only cuz of age)) need a rest, just because their not brot up like americans, and simply dont have the stamina. Its a known fact in the NBA that they cant play as many minutes for a long period of time(IE. NBA season).

Jynx
04-11-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy

:werd: stockton didn't get one, malone don't deserve one. faggot old man!

hey, show some respectt, the guys been in the NBA for 19 years and is still goin strongg....i think hes one of the only players on that roster who DESERVES a ring.. he has what, like 34000 points....definetly deserves it

RiCE-DaDDy
04-11-2004, 11:03 PM

typically close to the end of the regular season, quite a few of the international players (steve nash, peja, vlade(not only cuz of age)) need a rest, just because their not brot up like americans, and simply dont have the stamina. Its a known fact in the NBA that they cant play as many minutes for a long period of time(IE. NBA season).

There may some truth to that, but I can't completely agree with u on it. It's like sayin, "Oh, u international toobad u not as good anymore, goodbye". Which is an easily disapprovable statement. True maybe int'l rookies don't have the conditioning needed (i.e Yao) but to say that its gonna be like that no matter what is dumb.

Jynx
04-11-2004, 11:13 PM

There may some truth to that, but I can't completely agree with u on it. It's like sayin, "Oh, u international toobad u not as good anymore, goodbye". Which is an easily disapprovable statement. True maybe int'l rookies don't have the conditioning needed (i.e Yao) but to say that its gonna be like that no matter what is dumb.

o tootaly man, i hear ya, was just saying that its GENERALLY international players who need a rest at this time of the year...

RiCE-DaDDy
04-11-2004, 11:31 PM

o tootaly man, i hear ya, was just saying that its GENERALLY international players who need a rest at this time of the year...

i think peja is still gonna be a factor in the playoffs and nash will be just as good as b4

Jynx
04-12-2004, 05:53 PM

i think peja is still gonna be a factor in the playoffs and nash will be just as good as b4

peja ALWAYS slumpes in the playoffs cuz of its intensity, and nash should be the same bcuz his minutes have been monitored all season unlike last years playoffs

pinoyhero
04-13-2004, 09:33 PM
stockton deserves it more than malone

FYI Stockton has retired.

RiCE-DaDDy
04-13-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero

FYI Stockton has retired.

and?

Jynx
04-30-2004, 05:30 PM
time 2 revive this thread....
as 2 my prediction about malone averagin 20 and 10
hes close
18 and 10
not bad

wwho u guys thinkin for spurs and lakers?

whut about NJ and DET, and MINNY and SAC

accordboi_02
04-30-2004, 06:02 PM
I think it will be IND & DET in the East final

Praying that it will be SA & MIN in the West... just anyone but those bitch Lakers!

Jynx
04-30-2004, 07:06 PM
i cant stand DET
worst team in the league 2 watch...
i love the lakers tho
i want them versus sac in the west conference finals
and NJ versus indy in the east...