PDA

View Full Version : Man stabbed at U of A

hjr
03-10-2004, 12:21 AM
A guy was in cameron library on the second floor (where i study quite often) when he was jumped by 3 other guys and had a bottle smashed over his head. He was then stabbed with the bottle from what I gather. He managed to get himself to the health center but the library was shut down.

I though edge-i-mickated types didnt do this sort of thing?

Just thought of something, U of A is right by whyte ave, maybe poor people just came on campus and started shit?

davidI
03-10-2004, 12:27 AM
A lot of smart 'edge-i-mickated' types deal coke or other substances which obviously can cause some shit to go down. I think the only reason College kids aren't generally as violent as non post-secondary kids is because a) They have more going for them than a lot of kids their age and b) Their parents grew up to be cultured, conservative and well-mannered and instilled the same morals on their children.

girlRACER
03-10-2004, 12:44 AM
The poll doesn't really make sense. Why would it be educated vs. poor instead of rich vs. poor or educated vs. uneducated?

I know plenty of people who are educated or in the process of getting their education and are poor (perhaps because of it).

If you are talking about rich and poor though, studies show that poor people are more likely to commit crimes because they have less to lose. Rich people almost always hire other people to do their crimes for them.

hjr
03-10-2004, 12:54 AM
ok, substitute poor for un-educated then. my bad.

mo_virgin
03-10-2004, 01:49 AM
Education has got nothing on violence... smart kids are just as prone.

RiCE-DaDDy
03-10-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by mo_virgin
Education has got nothing on violence... smart kids are just as prone.
its just human nature isnt it?

hash
03-10-2004, 02:21 AM
plus.... i don't think this particular incident was some random "poor" person starting shit.

for the person to reach 2nd floor of cameron itself,... they obviously knew where they were going, and what they were doing... so i'm guessing they knew each other pretty well.

pretty crazy shiet if u ask me.

sputnik
03-10-2004, 07:48 AM
educated people can still be dumb enough to be violent

mo_virgin
03-10-2004, 07:50 AM
there were 3 attackers... the victim got it bad...

Hakkola
03-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Being educated doesn't mean being smart, there's different forms of intelligence. I've met so many people who get good grades but are dumber than rocks.

Violence doesn't have anything to do with education or money. As a kid I was always getting in fights, I had money and was smart, semester I got Student of the Term I almost got kicked out of school at the same time.

I'll say this, having a degree is GENERALLY a sign of how hard working you are, not how intelligent you are.

GTS Jeff
03-10-2004, 07:05 PM
ok heres my understanding of what happened...

one day: dude A beats up dude B in a parking lot
the next day: dude B comes back with a couple goons, bats and knives, and tries to kill dude A. (he broke a bottle over dude As head, then stabbed him in the neck and torso). dude A runs from cameron to sub with blood spraying everywhere and leaves a huge trail of blood.

imo, the stabbers are idiots for several reasons.

-its not cool to try to kill someone
-if ure gona kill someone, maybe u should use a knife, not a broken bottle
-they didnt finish the job. now the guy is gona wake up and tell the cops exactly who they are.
-why would u do it in a place like 2nd floor cameron where theres a ton of people around?

littledan
03-11-2004, 02:23 AM
man people are just people. violence will follow.

EK 2.0
03-11-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by littledan
man people are just people. violence will follow.

Exactly, aren't most serial killers either highly educated, or just plain wicked smart??

It doesn't matter if you hold a PhD, or are the night manager at Subway, people are people and all share the same tendecies, that is just my two pennies...