PDA

View Full Version : Another what should I buy Thread

hurrdurr
04-24-2015, 02:02 PM
$18-23K
AWD

Have considered A4, A6, 535XI. Prefer more on the luxury side than Subaru etc.

Needs 4 doors, roomy enough for Children seat and dog in back.

Thoughts?

zipdoa
04-24-2015, 02:15 PM
Find a C6 A6 3.0T Avant.

Redlined_8000
04-24-2015, 02:34 PM
Acura TL SH-AWD

austic
04-24-2015, 02:37 PM
how are you getting a 535 for that cheap?

ercchry
04-24-2015, 02:38 PM
for luxury in that price range i wouldn't trust a german... lexus GS with awd would be my pick

hurrdurr
04-24-2015, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by austic
how are you getting a 535 for that cheap?

There was 5 in that price range when I looked earlier this week.

08/09.

carson blocks
04-24-2015, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by hurrdurr
$18-23K ... AWD ... Have considered A4, A6 ... Thoughts?

Originally posted by zipdoa
Find a C6 A6 3.0T Avant.

Isn't buying an off-warranty Audi akin to buying a grenade that doesn't come with a pin, but rather a little wad of chewing gum sticking the handle down? It's not a question of if it blows up and destroys you, but rather when and how badly.

I personally feel that a meth addiction is less likely to destroy your life than a used Audi, and that purchasing one is as safe as playing russian roulette with a semi-automatic pistol. But that's just my opinion, if you're a masochist, independently wealthy, and would like to see your mechanic get a boat or vacation property at your expense, I'd definitely go Audi.

Now, if you want a reliable, luxurious car that costs less to maintain and repair than a private jet, listen to the guy that said to get a used Lexus. They're well built, reliable, and even a well used one will still last longer than most marriages.

ercchry
04-24-2015, 03:56 PM
^^^thats awesome, happy i wasnt drinking anything while reading, or i'd need a new keyboard

zipdoa
04-24-2015, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by carson blocks

Isn't buying an off-warranty Audi akin to buying a grenade that doesn't come with a pin, but rather a little wad of chewing gum sticking the handle down? It's not a question of if it blows up and destroys you, but rather when and how badly.

I personally feel that a meth addiction is less likely to destroy your life than a used Audi, and that purchasing one is as safe as playing russian roulette with a semi-automatic pistol. But that's just my opinion, if you're a masochist, independently wealthy, and would like to see your mechanic get a boat or vacation property at your expense, I'd definitely go Audi.

Now, if you want a reliable, luxurious car that costs less to maintain and repair than a private jet, listen to the guy that said to get a used Lexus. They're well built, reliable, and even a well used one will still last longer than most marriages.

You would fit right in at jalopnik!

Frank_White
04-26-2015, 02:14 PM

day has been made :rofl:

ToXicXxX
04-26-2015, 02:24 PM
Get an ISF!

turbotrip
04-26-2015, 02:33 PM

lol true story, but i still vote A4