PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Get Deposit Back Thread

killramos
04-27-2015, 12:57 PM
Don't worry it wasn't be, I'm not a complete idiot.

Why does this kind of idiocy keep making the news...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/new-car-deposit-almost-lost-by-calgary-couple-1.3050249

A Calgary couple is sharing their buyer beware story after almost losing a deposit they put on a new car.

Sonia Ambrosio and her husband went to Sunridge Nissan one weekend to replace the fob for their 13-year-old car.

But they ended up putting down a $1,000 deposit for a brand new vehicle.

When the part-time housekeeper got home, she realized they really couldn't afford the car.

"It's really hard because to me, $1,000 is a lot," said Ambrosio.​

First thing Monday morning, the couple tried to cancel the deal and get their money back.

But the dealership told them there is a no-refund policy for vehicles that are not in stock and have to be ordered in.

Ambrosio says she felt pressured.

"Imagine you have to work hard, really hard for $1,000. And then somebody can take your thousand dollars just in one moment, and then later said no, give me a good reason and we are telling the reason, we can't afford it."

Laura Lowe , a spokesperson with the Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council, says some people falsely believe there are rules that allow them to return a vehicle if they change their mind.

"There are no consumer protection laws in Alberta that deal specifically with deposits," she said.

"So I think just by knowing that, might slow somebody down to think through."

After CBC News contacted Sunridge Nissan, the dealership returned the deposit, saying in this case, it was the right thing to do.

All I could think of while reading this was InRich's thread, I am forever going to assume he looks like the guy on the right.

http://i.cbc.ca/1.3050262.1430149466!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_620/car-deposit.jpg

Sugarphreak
04-27-2015, 01:00 PM

killramos
04-27-2015, 01:02 PM
It sounds like she is Mar.

Comes in for a key fob battery. Puts a grand down on a car she has never seen.

:nut:

JRSC00LUDE
04-27-2015, 01:08 PM
It sounds like she dealt with a smooth talking salesman who convinced her it was the right way to go with some shammy tactics and glossy numbers.

rage2
04-27-2015, 01:09 PM
Think we need to bring this to the Pussy Cat Team's attention haha.

So fucked up. I want to say that there's no personal accountability in this generation of kids, but these 2 look fucking old.

BavarianBeast
04-27-2015, 01:09 PM
dumb foreigners..

killramos
04-27-2015, 01:15 PM
I almost think it was bad of Nissan to give the deposit back. Because you know 1000 idiots read this story and said to themselves "Hah well we can put deposits down on cars and get them back so long as we call the CBC about it".

Actually this is all CBC's fall for taking the damn story in the first place :facepalm:

riander5
04-27-2015, 01:18 PM
Props to the salesman for a job well done

JRSC00LUDE
04-27-2015, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Think we need to bring this to the Pussy Cat Team's attention haha.

So fucked up. I want to say that there's no personal accountability in this generation of kids, but these 2 look fucking old.

Originally posted by BavarianBeast
dumb foreigners..

That about sums it up this time likely.....

But I'm sure there were some greasy tactics to go along with the (stereotyping now) limited understanding of English that set it into motion.

zipdoa
04-27-2015, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by riander5
Props to the salesman for a job well done

This.

If she came in to replace a fob, and left with deposit on a new car, it was probably a schwack!

bjstare
04-27-2015, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

This.

If she came in to replace a fob, and left with deposit on a new car, it was probably a schwack!

Maybe.

I have a feeling that a four year old child could sell Mar a new car though. And if the couple in this article is anything like he is, which may well be the case, that compliment does a disservice to all good salespeople out there haha.

InRich
04-27-2015, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by killramos
Don't worry it wasn't be, I'm not a complete idiot.

Why does this kind of idiocy keep making the news...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/new-car-deposit-almost-lost-by-calgary-couple-1.3050249

All I could think of while reading this was InRich's thread, I am forever going to assume he looks like the guy on the right.

http://i.cbc.ca/1.3050262.1430149466!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_620/car-deposit.jpg

HAHA! you asshole! I look nothing like that at all.
:D

I remember when I bought my first new car, back in 2001, the last Prelude SE, at HONDA WEST. After putting a deposit down, and thinking about it over the weekend, I decided to cancel, worrying I couldn't afford the car. Went in on Monday to ask for my deposit back, the manager walked up to me and said, hey listen, we understand, don't worry about it, here's your cheque. Come see us again whenever your ready. He didn't have to do it. Sale was final, and stated no refunds, but he did. And it made me feel good. I went back in later that Thursday, and purchased the car. I remember stuff like that, and will for the rest of my life.

I also see it from the dealership perspective though, and why they take deposits and want to keep em no matter what. I mean their trying to run a business. I'm on the fence about dealerships keeping deposits. I see it from both sides.

As for the dealership that kept my ex girlfriends deposit. which was also Nissan - ROYAL OAK NISSAN. That was completely their fault. They delivered a scratched up car, and pawned it off as completely new, and then tried to keep the deposit. That was bullshit! Even though they eventually gave her the deposit back, it took several trips there, and my girlfriend sat their one friday yelling and screaming, and walking up to new clients in their showroom telling them about her own experience there, she actually made 2 - 3 clients leave the showroom, so they gave her the money back, told her never to come back. Sometimes u gotta do that... Add to injury... 2 - 3 months later, the salesman who sold us the car caught me working out at Good life, walked up to me, and lost his shit, threatening to break my neck cause of the way I treated him, and that I should never look at him again if I see him, otherwise he'd beat me up. haha wowzers. I laughed and told him to stop selling shitty fucking cars, and that it was him who should be ashamed. Guys HUGE though, was benching 3 half plates just before he came up to me, so you can imagine, hes pretty intimidating dude.

As for NORTHSTAR FORD. the story we all heard. That was completely my girlfriends fault. I'm not going into this shit again. It was shitty of Ford to keep her 3k deposit, I woulda just given her the money back, but they insisted. In conclusion btw. I ended up using the 3k credit, buying a new truck for my company back at the end of 2013, a new F-150. got a great deal, me and the sales manager are now friends actually, and I would purchase another Ford product from him in the future without a doubt. weird outcome no?

zipdoa
04-27-2015, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by InRich

Add to injury... 2 - 3 months later, the salesman who sold us the car caught me working out at Good life, walked up to me, and lost his shit, threatening to break my neck cause of the way I treated him, and that I should never look at him again if I see him, otherwise he'd beat me up. haha wowzers. I laughed and told him to stop selling shitty fucking cars, and that it was him who should be ashamed. Guys HUGE though, was benching 3 half plates just before he came up to me, so you can imagine, hes pretty intimidating dude.

He's actually a really nice guy, so you guys must have done something serious to piss him off that much, lol. I remember hearing about you at the dealership - did Dennis not work there when you went to buy the car?

killramos
04-27-2015, 02:26 PM

HAHA! you asshole! I look nothing like that at all.
:D

:bigpimp:

sh0ko
04-27-2015, 02:50 PM
paging ROSELOVER

Nitro5
04-27-2015, 02:56 PM
A 1000 bucks to learn to get a backbone is a good deal to me :dunno:

Swank
04-27-2015, 03:19 PM

This.

Classic bait and switch, dealership should be charged with fraud :D

gwill
04-27-2015, 03:23 PM

This.

You've obviously sold cars before. I've had friends who told me about their schwacks as they would laugh about them for days... There's a reason people don't trust car dealerships.

InRich
04-27-2015, 03:25 PM

He's actually a really nice guy, so you guys must have done something serious to piss him off that much, lol. I remember hearing about you at the dealership - did Dennis not work there when you went to buy the car?

not what dennis told me...
course he didn't work there. If he did, I would never have had a problem in the first place. I will never buy a Nissan in my life cause of this place and the experience I had there. The whole brand is tainted for me now. Let me tell you something too... Dennis, is one of the best salesman ever to come outta my apprenticeships. The guy is HUGELY successful now. Came over the other night for poker, and I couldnt believe it. He's turning 40 on may 2, rented out an entire bar, free everything all night for all his guests. I'll be going of course. Not sure if you know this, but he took me to Vegas, cause he felt he owed my for all the success hes had in his life. Not his wife of 15+ years +3 kids, not his best friend, or other family, me...

Sales is a trade, just like anything else.. and its places like this, that make the rest of us look so bad and un-professional.

If I sold you a NEW car. Let me tell you. It would be like an honor for me, thats first thing. 2nd. Upon delivery if the car wasn't pristine, I would be ashamed. I wouldn't fight with you for wanting to cancel. I wouldn't threaten to break your neck because you wanted your money back. I'd fight for you to get your money back. If I had to, I'd take the money out of my own pocket, before I let it become an issue in your life.

The other day. I had a customer call me. He booked in last year. I had several contractors come out to his place, spend their time, for free, help the client out. After all it was a BIG contract. We did a bunch of work for him AT COST - seriously COST. made 0 from it. it actually cost me actually if you factor in all our time. He wanted to cancel. even though my contracts clearly state, once work begins, the contract is non refundable. I tore the contract up right there for him, told him not to worry, that it wasn't a problem, and to call me again if he ever needed anything. simple. easy. done. why cant other businesses do this?

Thales of Miletus
04-27-2015, 03:25 PM
Morally it is wrong. But moral people aren't the majority at auto dealers.

Amvic and Camvap are a joke. You should have 48 hours to undo any deal. But unscrupulous car dealers don't give a fuck.

jwslam
04-27-2015, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by rage2
there's no personal accountability in this generation of kids
Ever read about the ban on Caillou?

jwslam
04-27-2015, 03:46 PM
Add to injury... 2 - 3 months later, the salesman who sold us the car caught me working out at Good life, walked up to me, and lost his shit, threatening to break my neck cause of the way I treated him, and that I should never look at him again if I see him, otherwise he'd beat me up. haha wowzers. I laughed and told him to stop selling shitty fucking cars, and that it was him who should be ashamed. Guys HUGE though, was benching 3 half plates just before he came up to me, so you can imagine, hes pretty intimidating dude.
Was this at Beacon Hill Goodlife? In the cardio area? I think I witnessed it.

FraserB
04-27-2015, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Thales of Miletus
Morally it is wrong. But moral people aren't the majority at auto dealers.

Amvic and Camvap are a joke. You should have 48 hours to undo any deal. But unscrupulous car dealers don't give a fuck.

You don't "suddenly realize" you can't afford a car. There should be a penalty for reneging on a contract, not just shrug your shoulders and tell the company you were going to buy from that it's not your problem they wasted time and effort on you for nothing.

jwslam
04-27-2015, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
You don't "suddenly realize" you can't afford a car. There should be a penalty for reneging on a contract, not just shrug your shoulders and tell the company you were going to buy from that it's not your problem they wasted time and effort on you for nothing.

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus
You should have 48 hours to undo any deal. But unscrupulous car dealers don't give a fuck.
Pretty much. Makes as much sense as me cutting you open and then "suddenly realizing" that I don't know how to perform brain surgery.

InRich
04-27-2015, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by jwslam

Was this at Beacon Hill Goodlife? In the cardio area? I think I witnessed it.

Lol nope. It was Canyon Meadows. I'm not a small dude by any means. I'm 6.1 230, and can do 2 plates without a problem.

The other guy was huge though, you can tell he goes ultra hard with his body. Anyways hes lucky I was in a good mood, and laughed it off, even though it was an intimidating confrontation and quite awkward, i've lost it on people for alot less in the past. One time I threw a guy off a transit bus in my younger days for threatening to beat me up with his buddies the instant I got off the bus. I'm not joking. the guy rolled off the bus after I was beating him up for a good 5 mins. My mistake following him out for round 2 though. turned out to be a pro kick boxer, wound up getting my ass kicked by the end of it. Anyways win or lose, that could have turned out bad for both of us, not worth for me nowadays.

zipdoa
04-27-2015, 04:05 PM

Not sure if you know this, but he took me to Vegas, cause he felt he owed my for all the success hes had in his life. Not his wife of 15+ years +3 kids, not his best friend, or other family, me...

Uhh... The trip in 2011? Where you stayed at the Aria? Dennis and I won that trip, it was paid for by Royal Oak Nissan. He didn't pay a dime for you to come, it was comp'd by the dealership. The bottle service at the club, and the four figure steak dinner we enjoyed - that was all paid for by Dave. He's the sales manager at Royal Oak - remember?

That was the same trip that we met. You were offended that I had never heard of the company you work for. My first impression back then was that you had a penchant for exaggeration and a thirst for recognition.

It sounds like you doing well for yourself financially, but it doesn't seem like your attitude has changed.

:thumbsup:

Jlude
04-27-2015, 04:15 PM

The other day. I had a customer call me. He booked in last year. I had several contractors come out to his place, spend their time, for free, help the client out. After all it was a BIG contract. We did a bunch of work for him AT COST - seriously COST. made 0 from it. it actually cost me actually if you factor in all our time. He wanted to cancel. even though my contracts clearly state, once work begins, the contract is non refundable. I tore the contract up right there for him, told him not to worry, that it wasn't a problem, and to call me again if he ever needed anything. simple. easy. done. [B] why cant other businesses do this?

I guess it depends on the business. Some businesses don't have the margins that you might have and don't have the sales that you might have to be able to walk away from business.

EDIT: I guess really, it depends on the type of business. If it's one that you deal with the public in sales, then yes, it's in your best interest. But take your own case, I don't know what your financial situation is, but I can imagine if that contract was the difference between losing and making money for that month or quarter, you sure as hell wouldn't let him walk like that.

InRich
04-27-2015, 04:20 PM

Uhh... The trip in 2011? Where you stayed at the Aria? Dennis and I won that trip, it was paid for by Royal Oak Nissan. He didn't pay a dime for you to come, it was comp'd by the dealership. The bottle service at the club, and the four figure steak dinner we enjoyed - that was all paid for by Dave. He's the sales manager at Royal Oak - remember?

That was the same trip that we met. You were offended that I had never heard of the company you work for. My first impression back then was that you had a penchant for exaggeration and a thirst for recognition.

It sounds like you doing well for yourself financially, but it doesn't seem like your attitude has changed.

:thumbsup:

i know it was paid for. point is he took me. jeezus.

InRich
04-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

I guess it depends on the business. Some businesses don't have the margins that you might have and don't have the sales that you might have to be able to walk away from business.

EDIT: I guess really, it depends on the type of business. If it's one that you deal with the public in sales, then yes, it's in your best interest. But take your own case, I don't know what your financial situation is, but I can imagine if that contract was the difference between losing and making money for that month or quarter, you sure as hell wouldn't let him walk like that.

was a 13k deal. doesn't matter the amount. If you need a cancel. I'll give it to you.

Jlude
04-27-2015, 06:56 PM

was a 13k deal. doesn't matter the amount. If you need a cancel. I'll give it to you.

13k, yes I let someone walk, no problem. If it's 100k+, not simply walking away. Saying the amount doesn't matter is a little off.

JRSC00LUDE
04-27-2015, 07:17 PM
Everyone has a price, give ME 13k and I'll walk from Beyond! :bigpimp:

rob the knob
04-27-2015, 07:25 PM

I'm not a small dude by any means. I'm 6.1 230, and can do 2 plates without a problem.

The other guy was huge though, you can tell he goes ultra hard with his body.

what can you do with two plates?

what could the other guy do?

turbotrip
04-27-2015, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by rob the knob

what can you do with two plates?

what could the other guy do?
Intriguing question fron an intriguing individual...

Jlude
04-27-2015, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Everyone has a price, give ME 13k and I'll walk from Beyond! :bigpimp:

quoted so you can't take it back... I'll have the the gofundme.com page up shortly.

JRSC00LUDE
04-27-2015, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

quoted so you can't take it back... I'll have the the gofundme.com page up shortly.

Excellent, we'll spend the first grand on sushi in Vancouver!

Mista Bob
04-27-2015, 08:40 PM
Is this article for real? It's a couple lines short of being a full on onion story jeez.