PDA

View Full Version : Beyond CSI: Stolen Ferrari $25K reward

483hp
05-03-2015, 10:36 PM
I'm posting this for a good friend. They had their 550 Maranello stolen in Vancouver and are offering a $25K reward.

Details are here. Pics are not of the car stolen but the car looks the same (just with a black interior). The car had BC plates.
http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/laf/5006496353.html

natty54
05-03-2015, 10:45 PM
probably in stripped or in a container by now

jdmXSI
05-03-2015, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by natty54
probably in stripped or in a container by now

Wouldn't be surprised given where the location of the theft was.

Did the owner not have insurance?

I hope that they get it back tough!

BensonTT
05-03-2015, 11:09 PM
Probably on its way to Hong Kong then China...

Dumbass17
05-04-2015, 07:41 AM
Good luck.

Side note: people use Craigslist? I thought it was just for jokes and fake ads? :dunno:

ryder_23
05-04-2015, 07:51 AM
UBC lol wish I drove a ferrari to university.

Kg810
05-04-2015, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
Good luck.

Side note: people use Craigslist? I thought it was just for jokes and fake ads? :dunno:

Apparently people in Van don't use Kijiji and only use Craigslist.

Originally posted by ryder_23

No kidding.

Not even sure I feel bad haha for OP's friend.

revelations
05-04-2015, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by ryder_23

Its all good, U Bring Cash and youre in !!

bjstare
05-04-2015, 09:58 AM
Haha beyond is ridiculous.

Someone gets a 20 year old ITR stolen and everyone is all "boo hoo, hope it gets recovered bro!! best of luck, i'll keep my eyes open!"

Someone gets a Ferrari stolen and some people are like "GFY Ferrari guy, your car is gone, deal with it."

:rolleyes:

Rocket1k78
05-04-2015, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by cjblair

Someone gets a 20 year old ITR stolen and everyone is all "boo hoo, hope it gets recovered bro!! best of luck, i'll keep my eyes open!"

Someone gets a Ferrari stolen and some people are like "GFY Ferrari guy, your car is gone, deal with it."

No Shit!!!

BensonTT
05-04-2015, 10:19 AM
Why do you assume that it's a student? Let's say the car is owned by some professor?

max_boost
05-04-2015, 10:20 AM
Haha that sucks but how exactly does one steal a Ferrari?

dirtsniffer
05-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Hopefully the car is recovered. My thoughts are it was a targeted theft and it is likely gone. I wonder if the $25k reward is because the insurance deductible is 25 grand? Cause damn having to pay that much money cause your car was stolen would suck, not to mention the lowball offer your bound to get of ICBC.

max_boost
05-04-2015, 10:24 AM
This is beyond the realm of the local csi crew. This is international now lol

BavarianBeast
05-04-2015, 10:28 AM
Hmm. I should start stealing young rich kids cars and holding them ransom.

Probably less consequences than kidnapping..

JRSC00LUDE
05-04-2015, 10:29 AM
Ouch! That's a hell of a car to get stolen, I wouldn't be surprised if it's already in a shipping container somewhere in port.

Man that would suck.

heavyD
05-04-2015, 11:55 AM

A 20 year old that has is ITR stolen probably doesn't have a lot of cash available to deal with the loss of his car meanwhile this kid may have to live with the harsh reality that his parents may downgrade him to an M3 for his student transportation. Sympathy is typically directly proportional to the direness of the situations. One kid may be SOL losing his wheels now having to take the bus while the other is going to get another nice car to replace the one stolen.

bjstare
05-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

A 20 year old that has is ITR stolen probably doesn't have a lot of cash available to deal with the loss of his car meanwhile this kid may have to live with the harsh reality that his parents may downgrade him to an M3 for his student transportation. Sympathy is typically directly proportional to the direness of the situations. One kid may be SOL losing his wheels now having to take the bus while the other is going to get another nice car to replace the one stolen.

I didn't specify the owner of the ITR, I meant the age of the car was 20 years old.

Anyhow, I see the point you're trying to make, but can only partly agree with you. At the end of the day, if you're a car guy you're gonna be choked about losing your car. Especially if it's a Ferrari.

I know if I had a ferrari and had to downgrade to an M3 I'd be goddamn pissed, and it wouldn't help much if ppl didn't show any sympathy. But hey, that's just me. Maybe I'm an entitled crybaby. :rofl:

JAYMEZ
05-04-2015, 12:54 PM
I hope I find this puppy lol

Sugarphreak
05-04-2015, 12:58 PM

Tik-Tok
05-04-2015, 01:10 PM

A stolen local ITR is likely to be some kid joyriding around Calgary. A stolen exotic in VANCOUVER is likely to be shipped overseas, not being driven one province over.

See the difference?

flipstah
05-04-2015, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I don't think you can buy a Ferrari on what professors get paid, haha....

Tenureship + book deals, bitch.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md56whoCXr1qgyos6o1_400.gif

bjstare
05-04-2015, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

A stolen local ITR is likely to be some kid joyriding around Calgary. A stolen exotic in VANCOUVER is likely to be shipped overseas, not being driven one province over.

See the difference?

Can't tell if srs.

Of course there's a difference between the two scenarios. I was just commenting on the apparent lack of empathy.

Disoblige
05-04-2015, 01:54 PM
It's funny to see the misunderstanding to cjblair's post, particularly because they're well known members too.

cjblair's probably like, WTF is going on here?

bjstare
05-04-2015, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
It's funny to see the misunderstanding to cjblair's post, particularly because they're well known members too.

cjblair's probably like, WTF is going on here?

Haha, I've been around long enough to know this is par for the course.

heavyD
05-04-2015, 02:44 PM

I didn't specify the owner of the ITR, I meant the age of the car was 20 years old.

Anyhow, I see the point you're trying to make, but can only partly agree with you. At the end of the day, if you're a car guy you're gonna be choked about losing your car. Especially if it's a Ferrari.

I know if I had a ferrari and had to downgrade to an M3 I'd be goddamn pissed, and it wouldn't help much if ppl didn't show any sympathy. But hey, that's just me. Maybe I'm an entitled crybaby. :rofl:

I understood your post. Chances are anyone rolling around in a 20 year old ITR is probably either a student or someone just getting by pay cheque to pay cheque. One of the minor inconveniences of being filthy rich is that people tend to have less compassion for you when it comes to issues that aren't health related.

Xtrema
05-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Paying $25K on a $100K car? Dude doesn't have insurance?

Strider
05-04-2015, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Paying $25K on a $100K car? Dude doesn't have insurance?

Surely you remember this story...
Lamborghini owner complains about $568 fine, can't afford insurance (http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2012/10/lamborghini-owner-complains-about-fine-cant-afford-insurance/)

483hp
05-04-2015, 03:07 PM
As clarification for all you jokers.
1. The car is not owned by a student or a kid. It is owned by an local upstanding business person.
2. They want the car back for personal reasons. Sure insurance would replace the car but that's not the point of the reward. They simply want to give people incentive so they can get this car back. It has a lot of personal value to him.

Milk2%
05-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by 483hp
1. The car is not owned by a student or a kid. It is owned by an local upstanding business person.
2. They want the car back for personal reasons. Sure insurance would replace the car but that's not the point of the reward. They simply want to give people incentive so they can get this car back. It has a lot of personal value to him.

Beyond's just turned into a bunch of nerds who'm best friend is their keyboard. Forget about car community anymore. I have posted this on a few more forums in help. Best of luck

Xtrema
05-04-2015, 03:54 PM

Ah, I see, he is in hope that the thieves will choose a quick $25K paid day than doing extra shit to off load that car.

That is a unique ride will keep an eye out.

max_boost
05-04-2015, 04:24 PM
So seriously how do you steal a Ferrari? Someone left it running? Or is gone in 60seconds a real thing?!:eek:

Xtrema
05-04-2015, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
So seriously how do you steal a Ferrari? Someone left it running? Or is gone in 60seconds a real thing?!:eek:

I assume this is pre ignition disabler days (1998) when everyone used The Club. Much easier to jack one. And if they really want it bad, they can always flatbed/tow it.

Not easy to flip in NA but 9/10 it's either in a container going to Russia/China/Africa or in a parts bin already.

FixedGear
05-04-2015, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I don't think you can buy a Ferrari on what professors get paid, haha....

professors can earn very high salaries.

GTS4tw
05-04-2015, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
I hope I find this puppy lol

Haha no doubt, Im on the road all day right now, keeping my eyes peeled. I even drove down chop-shop row just to see....

ToXicXxX
05-04-2015, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Downgrade to an M3! I take offence to that :(

I drove an M3 in University too haha...

483hp
05-05-2015, 08:51 PM
I'd like to let you know that the car has been recovered. If someone on this forum helped make this happen, the owner is incredible thankful for your efforts.

rage2
05-05-2015, 09:16 PM
Good to hear!

JRSC00LUDE
05-07-2015, 08:03 AM
I'd like to let you know that the car has been recovered. If someone on this forum helped make this happen, the owner is incredible thankful for your efforts.

Wow, I must watch too much TV because I never thought they would get it back. Great news! :thumbsup:

clem24
05-07-2015, 02:32 PM
So guess in the end, it pays to steal a Ferrari.

Still awesome that it was recovered.