PDA

View Full Version : Octane Academy

Sugarphreak
05-06-2015, 09:12 PM

Skidro
05-06-2015, 09:32 PM
I would just would need to know some more details.

Ekliptix
05-06-2015, 09:38 PM
I've considered this. All the details are at the link above. You have to register or show up within 1 year of buying your ST car from the dealership.

pheoxs
05-06-2015, 09:41 PM
What?? I didn't know about this

Sugarphreak
05-07-2015, 07:32 AM

CanmoreOrLess
05-07-2015, 01:26 PM
Nice perk! Ford is thinking.

Did Honda even give me a keychain? Nope.

tehwegz
05-25-2015, 09:36 PM
They have a deal for people who do this: $79 for the night at Comfort Inn Hotel not too far from the track. 400-500 round trip flight. Car rental, IDK. Food/other crap 100.

I actually really want to do this.

Shlade
05-25-2015, 09:49 PM
I was gonna do it but it's just too expensive with flight and everything else

Sugarphreak
05-26-2015, 11:57 AM

eglove
05-26-2015, 12:22 PM
I think mines expired now. But like Shlade said a bit too expensive right now with the flights and such as we were planning to go down and do it

Shlade
05-26-2015, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by eglove
I think mines expired now. But like Shlade said a bit too expensive right now with the flights and such as we were planning to go down and do it

Yours is for sure expired. Only lasts a year from the date you bought your car and they confirm that when applying for it

Trinzler
05-30-2015, 09:21 PM
I got to swing in earlier this year for one of the events, it's not that great IMO compared to the Audi/BMW/Porsche driving academy.

cet
09-23-2016, 09:46 AM
Bump - did anyone end up going down to this? I just picked up a FoST last week and am considering checking it out in the spring.

Sugarphreak
09-23-2016, 10:20 PM

D'z Nutz
09-25-2016, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by cet
Bump - did anyone end up going down to this? I just picked up a FoST last week and am considering checking it out in the spring.

My sister went and she had lots of fun. She sent me videos of some of the stuff she did and brought back a bunch of swag you can only get at the event.

Shlade
09-25-2016, 04:39 AM
Man I wish I did it when I had the chance... but with flight prices, hotel (which is offered at a discount through the school) , car rental, it would of been around $1600 if I recall... plus extra you'd likely be pushing $2000 for the trip. This was around April 2015 time that I had planned to do it

cet
09-26-2016, 10:03 AM
Thanks guys, I'll have to price it out in the spring to see if I can make it work

cet
01-24-2017, 12:27 PM
Just registered for the June 4th and 5th session. I'm going to take the weekend and drive down and back.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-24-2017, 12:31 PM
Does this still apply? I'd like to do it once my FiST arrives later this year:

cet
01-24-2017, 12:56 PM
I got my letter a couple of months after I took possession of my Focus and am heading down in June.

reiRei
01-24-2017, 02:24 PM
I was thinking about heading down for Canada Day weekend - less time to take off of work.

JDC™
01-25-2017, 10:46 AM
I am going to the RS equivalent Adrenaline Academy in early April, opted for the extra day in the Mustang.

Disoblige
01-25-2017, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by JDC™
I am going to the RS equivalent Adrenaline Academy in early April, opted for the extra day in the Mustang.
I hope you post your experience here after. I'm thinking of bringing a guest down as well, and if we're both paying for that extra day, it would be nice to know if it is worth it before both of us shelling out $1500 USD.

LUV2REV
01-27-2017, 12:41 AM
I'm doing the GT350 Track Attack (16' Race Red Track Pack) on April 18th and the ST Octane Academy on the 19th (15' Oxford White Fiesta ST). I was originally scheduled to go last October but had to re-schedule due to work. Looking forward to it, should be fun doing both on consecutive days.

LUV2REV
01-27-2017, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
Does this still apply? I'd like to do it once my FiST arrives later this year:

Absolutely. You have one year to attend from the date you take possession of your ST. I'm going in April which takes me beyond the one year mark as I had to re-schedule from last October. Ford Performance had no issue with that, they are great to deal with.

Darkane
01-27-2017, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by LUV2REV
I'm doing the GT350 Track Attack (16' Race Red Track Pack) on April 18th and the ST Octane Academy on the 19th (15' Oxford White Fiesta ST). I was originally scheduled to go last October but had to re-schedule due to work. Looking forward to it, should be fun doing both on consecutive days.

I should maybe see it my schedule allows me to hit the April 18th day with you. That would be fun.

LUV2REV
01-29-2017, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Darkane

I should maybe see it my schedule allows me to hit the April 18th day with you. That would be fun.

Let me know if you do sign up, would be great to have someone local to connect with.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-29-2017, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by LUV2REV

Absolutely. You have one year to attend from the date you take possession of your ST. I'm going in April which takes me beyond the one year mark as I had to re-schedule from last October. Ford Performance had no issue with that, they are great to deal with.

Awesome. I can't wait for my FiST to arrive! I haven't even driven or ridden in one yet, just sat in one to make sure I fit haha.

LUV2REV
01-29-2017, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

Awesome. I can't wait for my FiST to arrive! I haven't even driven or ridden in one yet, just sat in one to make sure I fit haha.

You'll love it, so much fun. You realize all the awards and accolades the FiST has garnered since it debuted are truly warranted once you get some seat time. I bought mine the same way as it was winter and I did not test drive due to the snow covered roads and summer tires. Woodridge Ford put it into storage for me until the roads were dry. Mine is currently parked for the winter alongside the GT350.

LUV2REV
04-21-2017, 08:05 PM
I attended the GT350 Track Attack and Octane Academy this week. Highly recommended to anyone contemplating making the trip to Utah. Kudos to Ford for offering such programs for their owners, top notch in every way. The Utah Motorsports Campus is an excellent venue. We used the west road course exclusively. There was also a Raptor and RS program in action while I was there.

Got to drive both the Fiesta and Focus ST (my first seat time in the Focus) at Octane, both very fun and amazingly capable on road course and Rally X. Hot lap with instructor in the Fiesta was remarkable, unreal what the sprite can do in pro hands.

GT350 truly in it's element on the road course, not sure driving on the street is going to be as meaningful now. Sure wish we had a local track in the Calgary area...

cet
04-27-2017, 10:44 AM
^ I'm driving down for the event on the 4th and 5th of June. I can't wait

JDC™
04-27-2017, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige

I hope you post your experience here after. I'm thinking of bringing a guest down as well, and if we're both paying for that extra day, it would be nice to know if it is worth it before both of us shelling out $1500 USD.

I loved both days and felt it was worth the upgrade. The guest experience sort of sucks though, as they just hang around and don't get much fun stuff to do.

Disoblige
05-01-2017, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by JDC™

I loved both days and felt it was worth the upgrade. The guest experience sort of sucks though, as they just hang around and don't get much fun stuff to do.
Sweet, thanks for the feedback. Yeah, definitely sucks on the guest part. Wish I had a friend who owned one; it would be a fun trip for both.

Sugarphreak
05-02-2017, 12:33 PM

cet
06-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Just got back from Salt Lake, I had a blast and learnt a ton about the car and driving it. Highly recommended trip for anyone that has the opportunity to go.

Before this I'd never driven on a track or done Auto-cross before so learning how to drive them both was great. We were on the East course for the track portion which we did in the morning. It would have been good to do the instructor ride along before getting in the cars by ourselves so I had something to aim for.

After lunch it was on to the auto-cross portion. I learnt a lot here too and managed to beat everyone else in the timed lap by half a second.

JDC™
06-07-2017, 12:36 PM
Cool - you going to join us for the rest of the autocross season then?