PDA

View Full Version : Another NDP Related Poll - The Economy!

themack89
05-07-2015, 02:45 AM
In light of the NDP getting elected as a majority and everyone's knee-jerk reaction implying, or directly stating, that the provincial economy is royally screwed--I wanted to make a poll about it.

Not about what you actually think, but more or less whether you think what you think matters, or if you think your neighbor knows what in God's name he is talking about.

This poll is actually inspired by some comments made in another one of the NDP threads.

davidI
05-07-2015, 03:04 AM
Quite possibly the most confusing poll I have ever seen.

ZenOps
05-07-2015, 05:04 AM
If I take the blue pill, yes. The red pill, no.

But if I take no pill, then I just have a cup of coffee - and then it all doesn't matter. Economy what?

I bet you anything these NDP kids will be morbidly obese in four years. Now go git me another doughnut!

masoncgy
05-07-2015, 09:11 AM
All I know is I never ever planned on moving to Alberta growing up... but living in Northern BC in the late 1990s left me with little choice after I graduated high school... there were NO jobs. We had mills permanently closing down left, right and centre and a mass exodus of population moving east to find work.

I left permanently in the summer of 2000... 9 years after the NDP took power and two of their elected premiers had to resign due to scandals.

I remember it well, because a whole bunch of people left BC that day too, so many of the vehicles heading east were U-Hauls and people's vehicles packed with possessions. I felt like a refugee, driving a worn out 88 Topaz with a bag of clothes and a few hundred bucks cash... looking for a better life.

Of course, everything got better once I settled in Calgary, but those late 90s days were brutal in Northern BC.

roopi
05-07-2015, 09:13 AM
This poll needs more options.

rage2
05-07-2015, 09:27 AM
If a pizza chef can qualify as a MLA for the NDP, keyboard jockeys like us on Beyond sure as hell can qualify and speculate how the NDP may affect our economy. What a silly poll lol.

Tik-Tok
05-07-2015, 09:46 AM
I don't think anyone is qualified, as it's brand new territory. When had the NDP ever had control of the richest province in Canada that's been under the control of one party for over 40 years?

Xtrema
05-07-2015, 10:00 AM
This is a confusing poll.

Everyone has their own opinions. Everyone has their own outlook. Nobody knows for sure, just like the stock market, we just base it on what happen in the past.

Based on what "I" has learnt so far, this could be a return to Lougheed era of 70s and 80s. I'm ready to take over your mortgages for $1. :rofl:

Kidding aside, I think this is at worst similar policy of Stelmach era. At least Stelmach was pushed out. To get rid of NDP will take time. And like the Stelmach era, money will leave, guaranteed. We will get punished financially for choosing left. How long Albertans will endure for more future gain is anyone's guess.

I don't disagree with some of the policies (more business tax but not at 2% hike. Progressive income tax). What I most worry about is the inexperience of the party and the bench which may be more susceptible to outside influence.

Federal NDP is already sending advisers to help Notley out. We may go more left than that pulled platform pamphlet may suggest.

Unknown303
05-07-2015, 10:07 AM
Fuck this poll

KRyn
05-07-2015, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by roopi
This poll needs more options.

Originally posted by Unknown303
Fuck this poll

redblack
05-07-2015, 10:10 AM
What??

Sugarphreak
05-07-2015, 10:14 AM

M.alex
05-07-2015, 10:18 AM
I for one welcome our new bolshevik overlords as long as they allow me to re-appropriate InRich's stuff so I can have his X5M!

Mibz
05-07-2015, 10:21 AM
Polling is hard.

Unknown303
05-07-2015, 10:22 AM
My pole is hard

kertejud2
05-07-2015, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Kidding aside, I think this is at worst similar policy of Stelmach era. At least Stelmach was pushed out. To get rid of NDP will take time.

Well, based on election timelines the NDP could be pushed out quicker than Stelmach was.

Xtrema
05-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by kertejud2

Well, based on election timelines the NDP could be pushed out quicker than Stelmach was.

True and Stelmach policy give birth to Wildrose. Looks like we a going political polar extremes going forward.

syscal
05-07-2015, 10:40 AM
Can you make TLDR the 11th option for the poll so I can vote? Maybe make it the first because I barely made it past the question before giving up.

birdman86
05-07-2015, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Hilarious... I love how people keep insisting the NDP here are "different" than the BC or federal NDP party

Hell, even Notley herself was an aid to Ujjal Dosanjh in BC in the 90's

God, the federal boys have a real hate on for the oil sands too. We are going to get really screwed.

These are pivotal years for LNG development too. Nice to know we have leadership in place that will know how Alberta can best profit from that :banghead:

JRSC00LUDE
05-07-2015, 12:57 PM
How many rails did you do when you came up with this? :rofl:

CapnCrunch
05-07-2015, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by davidI
Quite possibly the most confusing poll I have ever seen.

I agree. None of it makes sense lol.

Toma
05-07-2015, 06:19 PM
Hitlers official response a little tamer then Dragon Oleary, but funjierfunnier
https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=fb&v=nyXyxLiDtHo

tirebob
05-08-2015, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by masoncgy
All I know is I never ever planned on moving to Alberta growing up... but living in Northern BC in the late 1990s left me with little choice after I graduated high school... there were NO jobs. We had mills permanently closing down left, right and centre and a mass exodus of population moving east to find work.

I left permanently in the summer of 2000... 9 years after the NDP took power and two of their elected premiers had to resign due to scandals.

I remember it well, because a whole bunch of people left BC that day too, so many of the vehicles heading east were U-Hauls and people's vehicles packed with possessions. I felt like a refugee, driving a worn out 88 Topaz with a bag of clothes and a few hundred bucks cash... looking for a better life.

Of course, everything got better once I settled in Calgary, but those late 90s days were brutal in Northern BC. You can thank the softwood lumber disputes between the US and Canada for those issues... Not the NDP. I lived through those same time running tire businesses in Vancouver and have nothing good to say about the NDP then and how they ran things, but blaming then for issues of free trade and softwood disputes between two countries is just adding to the irrational fears of people...

codetrap
05-08-2015, 09:34 AM