PDA

View Full Version : Dash cam footage of vandalism

16hypen3sp
05-11-2015, 08:40 PM
News video here:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=611807

avishal26
05-11-2015, 08:55 PM
^ hope they catch that guy - no excuse to molest someone's vehicle like that.

I know we all hate trucks parked in multiple spots (which I'm not even sure this was) but shouldn't go past putting notes on the vehicle.

lil*tymer
05-11-2015, 09:08 PM
Look at how crooked that asshole parked

16hypen3sp
05-11-2015, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by avishal26

I know we all hate trucks parked in multiple spots (which I'm not even sure this was) but shouldn't go past putting notes on the vehicle.

I agree. Permanent marker all over the thing. Super shitty thing to do over a park job.

In the words of Travolta from Pulp Fiction,

"What's more chicken-shit than fuckin' with a mans automobile? I mean don't fuck with another mans vehicle. It's just against the rules."

Thaco
05-11-2015, 09:12 PM
yeah he's a lot more than "to avoid door dings" he's taking up 2 spots, maybe 3 with his nose sticking across the line, in a crowded lot, he's not completely innocent, but the vandal is way out of line.

v2kai
05-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
yeah he's a lot more than "to avoid door dings" he's taking up 2 spots, in a crowded lot, he's not completely innocent, but the vandal is way out of line.

yup. definitely parked like a shithead. just deserved a little vaseline in his door handles:dunno:

Tik-Tok
05-11-2015, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by lil*tymer
Look at how crooked that asshole parked

But he was parked "way in the back", and only "a little angled" :rofl:

I agree though, if you're going to do that do an asshole truck, use that temporary paint that dealerships and race tracks use, not a fucking sharpie.

Nitro5
05-11-2015, 09:17 PM
So use some rubbing alcohol and remove the marker, not like his vehicle was ruined.

And don't park like a dick.

AE92_TreunoSC
05-11-2015, 09:18 PM
I flip mirrors backwards :dunno:

frizzlefry
05-11-2015, 09:24 PM
Yeah. "Oh we parked far away blah blah". That douche parked his truck horribly. The marker will come off easy. He's lucky he didn't get keyed.

And what is it with "my new truck" and people parking them like assholes. Trucks are cheap. That's why they sell so many. Buddy. It's a truck. Not a Porsche. My hatchback is more expensive.

Mista Bob
05-11-2015, 09:40 PM
Vandalizing vehicles is extremely low, but that video was hilarious. "Angled it a little bit"
But really, no permanent damage was done to the vehicle so it's not all that big of a deal. Only now, everyone who watches that news segment now knows he is one of those douchebags who can't park. :rofl:

codetrap
05-11-2015, 09:45 PM

ddduke
05-11-2015, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by frizzlefry

And what is it with "my new truck" and people parking them like assholes. Trucks are cheap. That's why they sell so many. Buddy. It's a truck. Not a Porsche. My hatchback is more expensive.

Definitely parked like a dick and I won't ever do that cause I'm too scared to get keyed buttttt...

Some people have to work hard and long to buy a new truck. Maybe it's the first new vehicle he's ever bought and is really proud of it. You have a really shitty attitude and based on your sig I assume you drive an A3 which isn't nicer then his truck at all.

frizzlefry
05-11-2015, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
Really? My F150 is 58k MSRP. Besides... what the vehicle costs doesn't matter. If it's all they can afford, then it's priceless to them.

Aaaanyways. There's no excuse at all to vandalize the guys truck. A "you park like a douche" is more than sufficient. Vandalizing it is just stupid.

58k? Hey! Thats what my hatchback cost! Seriously. 57k brand new.

Really, anyone who worships their car will take extra care to park it nice. Ask my wife, my parking habits drive her nuts. Never next to an SUV or truck (esp an acura suv) and always perfectly in the lines.

This whole "oh gee it was a brand new truck" line is bullshit. The guy parked like a cunt, has to wash it by hand as a result.

Mista Bob
05-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Was curious to see how big the lot was, since he parked "furthest away".

https://goo.gl/maps/wSujR

Just about as accurate as the "little bit angled". :rofl:

codetrap
05-11-2015, 10:12 PM

frizzlefry
05-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by ddduke

Definitely parked like a dick and I won't ever do that cause I'm too scared to get keyed buttttt...

Some people have to work hard and long to buy a new truck. Maybe it's the first new vehicle he's ever bought and is really proud of it. You have a really shitty attitude and based on your sig I assume you drive an A3 which isn't nicer then his truck at all.

Sorry but it is. I can't haul a fridge, I concede. And I'm horrible at moving parties unless you have a large quantity of small boxes. But it is an A3 with an adjustable magnetic suspension, 3.2 VR6 engine, AWD and...well. Yes it is a nicer vehicle to drive. Its a luxed out GTI R32 basically. Go tell anyone who owns, or has driven, a GTI R32 and say..."well the F150 is just as nice" :rofl:

I don't mean to sound crass. Or like a dick. But, I'm not the one who parked like a twat and then blamed the niceness of my vehicle for doing it. Buddy in the vehicle brought in the "niceness" of his truck as a justification. I'm simply shitting all over that. I don't care if its a Lexus, Bimmer, Audi, Phaeton, or a classic 'vette (like the one that I saw parked across two spaces and got a lipstick swear job for it)....don't park like a dick then say "oh but my car is blah blah blah." Dude parked like a dick. The fact that he said "I just parked my brand new truck..." don't care. Learn to park. You are not a unique flower. You are not rich, especially in Alberta. Even if you were...learn to park.

Just venting on the entitlement issues some truck guys seem to have when it comes to parking. Like their truck is some amazing vehicle.

My car cost the same as an F-150 apparently. But they only sold a few thousand of them in north America with a 3.2 engine. So running the numbers my car is more special than a truck. But you will never see me parking like a dick and then justifying it by saying my car is somehow special even though its one of the most commonly sold vehicles in north America.

Truck driver entitlement to park like a twat. That's really what I'm ranting about. :)

frizzlefry
05-11-2015, 10:18 PM
Audi A3? Damn they're expensive! I'm not denying he didn't park like a diuchebag in the least, but nobody deserves to be vandalized. That's just wrong on every level. There's no excuse for that and no justification. Today it's for bad parking, tomorrow because he went through a school zone too slow....

Heh. Just the brief experiment they did with throwing the 3.2 engine in it. And market testing the magnetic suspension they eventually threw in the R8. Not a common A3. They ended up marking a lot of them down in the states after a year because nobody wanted to spend that much on a hatchback. But 57k was the MSRP :burnout:

And while I am not a proponent for vandalizing cars...if you park like that then get marker one your one of a million truck (which washes off) don't cry about it to the media like you are a victim. That moves you beyond bad parker to an entitled douche. Which this guy totally is.

Society taught a lesson. A harmless lesson. That you deserved.

JudasJimmy
05-11-2015, 10:20 PM
he was totally parked like a fuck wad. and as close to the door as he could get too. The marker will come off easy... lesson learned. I'm not saying it's right to do that, but I do see why someone would take the time to let him know he is not the only one who wants to park.

CanmoreOrLess
05-11-2015, 11:17 PM
The truck owner works at Capital Motors (see shirt), a GM dealer in Regina. I assume the truck was a loaner as he is an employee. The truck was parked at the Southland Mall on a Sunday, 100 acres of parking and it is never more than 10% occupied and even then it would be on December 24th.

You have no right to dish out what is deemed justice as you wish, no matter the situation. There is a proper avenue for those who care to make a phone call. The ego is an interesting thing, gets you into more trouble than you think from road rage to marking up a vehicle on a Sunday morning. Did the guy doing the marker dance look to be all there in the head? Looked to be a borderline spastic mental looking for trouble. Looks like he found it, or rather the camera found him.

People need to mind their own business and lighten up. Maybe a little cancer gives the ego driven spastics something to ponder while reflecting on the life they lived. One can hope.

frizzlefry
05-11-2015, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
The truck owner works at Capital Motors (see shirt), a GM dealer in Regina. I assume the truck was a loaner as he is an employee. The truck was parked at the Southland Mall on a Sunday, 100 acres of parking and it is never more than 10% occupied and even then it would be on December 24th.
The news story said it was his car. Maybe it's not and he is pretending like its his. Maybe why he parked it like he didn't give a shit. From the dashcam it looked pretty busy.

You have no right to dish out what is deemed justice as you wish, no matter the situation. There is a proper avenue for those who care to make a phone call. The ego is an interesting thing, gets you into more trouble than you think from road rage to marking up a vehicle on a Sunday morning. Did the guy doing the marker dance look to be all there in the head? Looked to be a borderline spastic mental looking for trouble. Looks like he found it, or rather the camera found him.
I agree, vandalizing someone else's stuff is not cool. Even if it isn't permanent. But what ego was at play to make him park like he did? Its pretty clear from the dashcam that he was parked in more than one spot. "Screw other people, I got me a new truck" Two egos colliding I suppose.

People need to mind their own business and lighten up. Maybe a little cancer gives the ego driven spastics something to ponder while reflecting on the life they lived. One can hope.
Did...did you just imply that you hope the guy with the marker gets cancer so he can ponder the error of his ways? Am I reading that right? If you did then someone needs to lighten up and it ain't the guy with the truck who cried to the media because he can't park courteously or the guy with the marker who sent a wash off lesson.

syscal
05-12-2015, 12:39 AM

GQBalla
05-12-2015, 06:36 AM
he parked like an asshole, does that warrant vandalism? No IMO.
Messing up someones car is a low blow.

A note would have sufficed.

What kind of fools does the owner think people are? obviously it wasn't in the back if the front door of Marks is a stones throw away.

Amysicle
05-12-2015, 06:45 AM

The_Penguin
05-12-2015, 06:51 AM
I'd rather park normally and risk a door ding, than park like a douche and risk getting keyed.

Paintless dent repair way better than fixing a keyed door/fender.

cancer man
05-12-2015, 07:04 AM
SOS pad and water. Lesson learned.
I anticipated worse.

codetrap
05-12-2015, 08:00 AM

Seth1968
05-12-2015, 08:15 AM
It's now put a scar on us. Coming to Regina, and where we're going to park, and what we're going to do while we're here.

I'm thinking a tad over sensitive.

And that "little" angle is about 45 degrees.

jacky4566
05-12-2015, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by cancer man
SOS pad and water. Lesson learned.
I anticipated worse.

I wouldn't put an SOS pad on my car. Use Bug Spray. It gets marker of anything.

roopi
05-12-2015, 09:27 AM
The real question here is who carries a Sharpie with them? :dunno:

gogreen
05-12-2015, 09:57 AM
This guy clearly crossed the line, but documenting and ranting about bad parking is a major thing in Regina. There are a number of Facebook groups devoted to it, one of which was started by a friend of mine and now has 5000+ members, including the son of the truck's owner.

Apparently the culprit has been identified, and has done this to other new cars in the city. So I would guess he decided to take things personally and started carrying the Sharpie around for this very purpose.

Disoblige
05-12-2015, 10:05 AM
First, I don't understand why people have the balls to take up 2 spaces when they have a new/expensive car. If I drove a nice car and took 2 spaces (regardless of where I parked), I would be super worried at all times someone is going to do something to it.

Second, the owner of the truck looks silly in the video, trying to soften the severity of his actions and overall just not taking responsibility for his douche move. He's one of those people, the same kind of people who would hit-and-run too. They'll always find an excuse for something.

ZenOps
05-12-2015, 10:57 AM
Jigglypuff.

Doesn't everyone have a sharpie? and a paperclip, rubber band. I've got two here on my desk. A real vandal would have used rust primer spraypaint, that doesn't come off.

As far as I know, sharpies are for drunks that pass out at the bar. Then you ducttape them to the lamppost in their underwear, and thats when the obligatory sharpie comes out to do some face shaming...

This? Who cares.

Now russians, they do everything bigger.

BHJxIwvFIGY The ladies are far far worse then the men.

snowcat
05-12-2015, 12:34 PM
You win some and you lose some.

JRSC00LUDE
05-12-2015, 12:56 PM
I'm just here to hear more about how an A3 makes you come off as an even bigger douche than a bad park job AND a BMW. :whocares:

bjstare
05-12-2015, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
I'm just here to hear more about how an A3 makes you come off as an even bigger douche than a bad park job AND a BMW. :whocares:

Haha :werd:

frizzlefry
05-12-2015, 04:02 PM

Heh. Yeah, I was loaded and feeling trolly. Toma has called me out on being a snobby douche at least 30 times. It does mean more coming from you though :D I did come off pretty bad tho.

Still don't understand how this made the news. OMG someone drew on my truck because I parked like an ass. :cry: Lets bust this marker bandit! Not cool, but news worthy?
A guy I used to work with caught a vandal on his dashcam about a year ago. Truck parked in a small car only spot. Co-worker parked in the spot next to it. Right in the middle. Perfect parking job. He came back to his car and his wife noticed a massive ding in the door by where the truck was. So he took pictures and went on his way. They got a flat on the way home. They reviewed the footage later and the truck guy came back, couldn't easily get into his F-350 (small car only spot, no room with someone next to him) so he slammed the door open into buddy's car a couple times, took a power drill out of his toolbox and drove a screw into his front tire's sidewall. Screw fell out on Sarcee.

And this guy is on TV crying over felt marker and how they can't visit civilization anymore. Looks like they went through the facebook page and removed all posts pointing out the fact that he was across two spots.

89s1
05-12-2015, 04:13 PM
Sharpie comes off glass with a simple lick of the thumb + rub.

I'd call that vandalism about as much as i'd call him parked way in the back.

Rocket1k78
05-12-2015, 04:31 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I thought for sure he was an audi sales guy trying to do a sales pitch

JRSC00LUDE
05-12-2015, 04:33 PM
Heh. Yeah, I was loaded and feeling trolly. Toma has called me out on being a snobby douche at least 30 times. It does mean more coming from you though :D I did come off pretty bad tho.

Just busting your balls champ! :D

ercchry
05-12-2015, 04:50 PM
Really? My F150 is 58k MSRP.

:rofl: :rofl:

MSRP and domestic trucks is the biggest, longest running joke in the industry

Rocket1k78
05-12-2015, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

:rofl: :rofl:

MSRP and domestic trucks is the biggest, longest running joke in the industry

99% agree because my buddy to this day still tells people his 2014 fx4 was worth almost $60k new

1% disagree because i heard people were paying full msrp on the new 15 f150 when they first came out

blairtruck
05-12-2015, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Rocket1k78

99% agree because my buddy to this day still tells people his 2014 fx4 was worth almost $60k new

1% disagree because i heard people were paying full msrp on the new 15 f150 when they first came out
you wanna be first to have it. im guessing you pay MSRP until a few are on the lot waiting to be sold. same with any new model of vehicle?

frizzlefry
05-12-2015, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by blairtruck

you wanna be first to have it. im guessing you pay MSRP until a few are on the lot waiting to be sold. same with any new model of vehicle?

To an extent. But most trucks are like a bulk sell off. "Special" vehicles are different. You want a raptor then yeah, pay in full. Base/not "special" trucks get the MRSP hacked right off the bat as a lot of them are fleet or leased to businesses immediately. My jr at work just got a brand new truck a couple months ago. Kid is 26, makes 60k and got a brand new GMC. Latest model. He doesn't have to pay for 6 months and the financing is ridiculous. No shit everyone and their dog has a truck. His is worth 50k-ish. A years salary.

Buy a "special" American vehicle or go for a high end brand and they are all...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/54391981.jpg

Buying a truck is like buying a house in the states before the market collapsed. They are either leased or sold to many people who can't afford them but kinda can due to the insane financing plays. Hell, marker boy may not even own a single percent of "his" truck yet.

dirtsniffer
05-12-2015, 07:38 PM
Well he probably actually owns about 15 grand in negative equity.

C_Dave45
05-12-2015, 08:39 PM
Took up more than one parking spot and.. "he's lucky he didn't get keyed!"
Really?!! REALLY?!! Holy fuck the only douchebags I see are people so fucking whiny, they get all bent out if shape about a parking spot. I see a truck take up two spots and I just keep looking for another spot. Don't even think about it.
Someone takes up two spots..."omg are you all right? Do you want me to call someone for you? The trauma and emotional turmoil you must be facing because someone took up a potential spot you could have parked in!"
Wow.

frizzlefry
05-12-2015, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
Really?!! REALLY?!! Holy fuck the only douchebags I see are people so fucking whiny, they get all bent out if shape about a parking spot. I see a truck take up two spots and I just keep looking for another spot. Don't even think about it.
Someone takes up two spots..."omg are you all right? Do you want me to call someone for you? The trauma and emotional turmoil you must be facing because someone took up a potential spot you could have parked in!"
Wow.

Nobody is on TV whining about it except the guy who got his windows drawn on. You should likely call him some emotional support. He doesn't feel safe going into town anymore. Can't park anywhere now. God knows what else could happen.

codetrap
05-12-2015, 09:20 PM

woodywoodford
05-12-2015, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
Wow.

Agree 100%, really says something about a person when they get so worked up by another guys park job that they take the time to vandalize someones $XX,XXX vehicle.

blownz
05-12-2015, 10:08 PM

To an extent. But most trucks are like a bulk sell off. "Special" vehicles are different. You want a raptor then yeah, pay in full. Base/not "special" trucks get the MRSP hacked right off the bat as a lot of them are fleet or leased to businesses immediately. My jr at work just got a brand new truck a couple months ago. Kid is 26, makes 60k and got a brand new GMC. Latest model. He doesn't have to pay for 6 months and the financing is ridiculous. No shit everyone and their dog has a truck. His is worth 50k-ish. A years salary.

Buy a "special" American vehicle or go for a high end brand and they are all...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/54391981.jpg

Buying a truck is like buying a house in the states before the market collapsed. They are either leased or sold to many people who can't afford them but kinda can due to the insane financing plays. Hell, marker boy may not even own a single percent of "his" truck yet.

It is not just trucks. Stupid people all over always buy more vehicle then they should and dealerships are happy to help them. Someone I work with bought a brand new S5 while making $80k a year. Someone else a new RX350 on $70K a year. Many people make stupid decisions.

A790
05-12-2015, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by blownz

It is not just trucks. Stupid people all over always buy more vehicle then they should and dealerships are happy to help them. Someone I work with bought a brand new S5 while making $80k a year. Someone else a new RX350 on $70K a year. Many people make stupid decisions.
Maybe they put down a huge chunk of change?

ercchry
05-12-2015, 10:21 PM
Maybe they actually make more than what you think their salary is... i don't even want to know how leveraged my coworkers think i am :rofl:

But fuck em, none of their business what i make, or how i spend it

frizzlefry
05-12-2015, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by woodywoodford

Agree 100%, really says something about a person when they get so worked up by another guys park job that they take the time to vandalize someones $XX,XXX vehicle.

Hey, no argument from me. But I think dave was referring to beyonders who didn't defend the markered up windows man. Quoted "He's lucky he didn't get key'ed". I said that. And its true. Not that I would have key'ed him but...park like a dick and...you are tempting fate.

Both these guys are in the wrong. There is no argument about it I don't think. I have never defended buddy with felt tip weapon of social justice. He's a douche too.

The guy clearly parked poorly and the guy with the marker was, well, unstable. And reacted to a behavior widely considered as rude. I know the guy with the truck said he wanted to prevent his truck from being dented etc but thats BS. Here is what I think happened.

He parked his truck without a thought. He was not where he said he was, clearly lied about that. He parked poorly. Not to protect his truck but because he has little consideration for others or he simply can't park. Once he found out he was going to be on TV he made up a lie about where, how and why he parked that way to make an excuse for behavior he knew was wrong. He knew he parked like a moron. He knew. And he knew it pisses people off. But when he actually did it he didn't give a shit. But then the news shows up. Wasn't intentional but he had to explain it away somehow. Because he knew that his parking job sucked, and was rude, to garner favor with the media he made up a little lie. Really, you like your new vehicle you don't park it sideways among a mass of other cars. As other said...asking for trouble.

That last bit is what I find funny. I see people park like shit every day. One weirdo writes on this shit parkers windows and he devours the media attention. Instead of being embarrassed for a clearly shit park job with a clearly shit excuse, he gobbles it up. Makes up a lie about why he "intentionally" parked like that in order to be a victim on TV. A guy on tv who had his windows drawn on while admitting he can't park is not a sympathy story that would air.

I am not mocking the guy because he can't park and not to glamorize the guy with the sharpie. I am mocking him because the guy had the balls to turn a ignorant, sloppy, can't drive park job into some "oh now we are afraid of the city, just because I wanted my new truck dent free" news story. When clearly, on the video, he is no where near the "no cars" zone he said he was. A lie to get on TV. Had his lie not worked the story would have been "Bad parkers beware...there is a sharpie bandit on the lose! Tom, lets hear more about this weird story!"

The guy had a dashcam, caught some fun footage then made up a lame story about his shit parking job to get on TV as a victim. Look at the facebook page. They are damage controlling the shit out of it. Any comments about him being in two spaces are getting deleted. I think his family has said he did nothing to deserve it about 20 times. "Ohhhh media! gobble gobble gobble"

frizzlefry
05-12-2015, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by blownz

Oh for sure. But you can't get a luxury brand without actually making a payment for half a year with zero down. These kinda decisions are dumb for sure. But a luxury brand will be "in your face" expensive while a domestic truck, after the numerous markdowns from MRSP and the deals and the free running boards and the we-can-get-you-no-payments-6-months tend to move off the lot way easier, into a driveway, then 6 months later into collections where GM makes more money by selling it twice. My jr at work who bought one. I pay him. I know how much he makes. I said to him "Man, if you can afford it put it on a line of credit at 1% above prime. Interest may be a bit higher but pay what you can when you can. Its all in your control, pay it quick pay less. Drag your heals pay more. Best way to do it if you can". He said he couldn't get the 6 months no payments if he did that. Poor kid, Had to use GM financial in order to afford to get the truck. They will take it away and sell it again in 6 months.

Skyline_Addict
05-12-2015, 11:06 PM
I totally agree with frizzlefry on this one.

doomdealer
05-13-2015, 01:08 PM
As other's have said already, if you don't want your vehicle vandalized, then don't park shitty. It really can't get more simple than that.

We have rules in our society for a reason. How fair is it to other people if they should just 'lighten up' every time some douchebag decides to do a shitty park job and take advantage of everyone else?

Whatever, parking shitty and bend the rules whenever you like, but don't come here complaining like a cry baby when you get caught and called out on it. :P

blownz
05-13-2015, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by A790

Maybe they put down a huge chunk of change?

Makes no difference IMO. Spending close to your full years gross salary on a vehicle isn't a smart move. And I know exactly what these guys make and they are open enough that I know they don't have money coming from parents/spouse, they are just highly leveraged.

Back on topic, the truck driver is obviously a douche bag and the guy doing the vandalizing went too far IMO but I am kind of glad it happened. People shouldn't take up more than one spot in busy parking lots. Although I am convinced lots of guys driving trucks simply don't have the skill to park between the lines as there are so many always between spots and they clearly isn't because of what they might be worth.

cam_wmh
05-13-2015, 10:22 PM

58k? Hey! Thats what my hatchback cost! Seriously. 57k brand new.

You paid $57k for your A3? Yikes.

You can buy a new S3 for $55k nowadays.

frizzlefry
05-13-2015, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by cam_wmh

You paid $57k for your A3? Yikes.

You can buy a new S3 for $55k nowadays. [/B]

Yeah tell me about it. :nut:

Unknown303
05-14-2015, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by doomdealer

We have rules in our society for a reason.

Exactly. Like don't vandalize other people's property.

blairtruck
05-14-2015, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303

Exactly. Like don't vandalize other people's property.
wouldn't have happened if he parked in the lines.

ZenOps
06-05-2015, 06:01 AM
Someone sent me this vidlink.. Closer to the end pertains to permanent markers being illegal in some states.

nV48--zV7uU

The owners of the "Happy Birthday" song, have collected a couple million dollars / year so far... Good investment? They paid $25 million.