PDA

View Full Version : Notley: Stop shredding documents.

ZenOps
05-13-2015, 10:20 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/rachel-notley-orders-end-to-all-government-document-shredding-1.3072555

Another very bad sign of government. The PCs tout "transparency" as a paragon of integrity and yet, when it comes time to pass the torch, they do what every protectionist and usually corrupt regime does - destroy all the evidence.

Its akin to only giving the true information and best books to the blond haired blue eyed boy (the favorite) if the black curly haired girls happens to become popular in the future - burn any and all documentation that can help or is in any way incriminating.

If you got nothing to hide, why shred?

Very very bad PC, bad PC. Shame PC.

Seth1968
05-14-2015, 08:01 AM
In the election campaign, Jean said that he wanted to open the PC's books, and hold them accountable.

ExtraSlow
05-14-2015, 08:27 AM
Being in power that long, there was virtually no line between PC party business, and government business. If nothing else comes of this NDP term, it'll mean some of that link is removed.

Governments should be changed every few terms for just this reason.

lasimmon
05-14-2015, 08:56 AM
I read an article mentioning that is was normal to shred personal stuff when a new government comes in. You just can't shred government material. There has been no confirmation that anything that shouldn't have been shred was.

And lets be honest, the ESRD is such a mess I would be surprised they could shred documents in a timely fashion.

Cos
05-14-2015, 09:07 AM

Seth1968
05-14-2015, 09:11 AM
I'd like to see those papers recovered, and reconstructed.

Xtrema
05-14-2015, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Seth1968
I'd like to see those papers recovered, and reconstructed.

Who is going to pay for it? PC Party of Alberta?

Disoblige
05-14-2015, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Who is going to pay for it? PC Party of Alberta?
The McGill brothers seem to be pretty good at it.

Seth1968
05-14-2015, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Who is going to pay for it?

The PC's from the fines.

Anyway, I'd be willing to pitch in for any endevour that may expose corruption and fraud.