PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Subaru dealership

move
05-22-2015, 01:51 PM
Thinking of getting the 2015 wrx, but I did some searching on beyond and read a bunch of horrible reviews on both subaru calgary and centaur. Also went to SC in person and got treated like shit, stood there for 15minutes without even someone acknowledging me.

Is it even worth all of this for wrx or should I just move onto the next?

redblack
05-22-2015, 02:23 PM
I like the brand but both calgary dealerships sucks. A lot of people buy from red deer and service them at vex

joegrang
05-22-2015, 02:27 PM
rally Subaru in Edmonton seemed really good too.

Redlined_8000
05-22-2015, 02:45 PM
Personally I really like what the 2015 wrx has going for it. I considered one as a daily a few months ago. They look sharp and are priced decently with a newly designed engine and a twin scroll turbo. If you want one I would check out red deer dealership.

4doorj
05-22-2015, 02:59 PM
I bought mine from red deer for this same reason.

move
05-22-2015, 03:40 PM
ya it all looks promising for a pretty decent price. but i want to test drive one before i commit to it which is why i stopped by subaru calgary. went twice and got completely crap service...

move
05-22-2015, 04:10 PM
@4doorj care to elaborate on your experience there? And how are you finding the wrx so far? Which trim? Tia.

dj_rice
05-22-2015, 04:37 PM
I'm in the market for one too. Waiting on a 16MY for better screen and all issues hopefully fixed.

Luckily my dealership had a 15 STI traded in so I got to take it for a few days to test drive. But I haven't test drove the WRX yet so hopefully it'll be somewhat same feeling.

max_boost
05-22-2015, 05:08 PM
Go in firm and ready to buy. Never leave a deposit and if you do get it in writing.

Service you can get it done at an independent shop.

That's my advice for Subaru.

cyra1ax
05-22-2015, 05:41 PM
Anyone know if they're still asking for MSRP for these?:banghead:

max_boost
05-22-2015, 05:58 PM
In the past had no issues getting cost +$1000 on them.

That has changed???

4doorj
05-22-2015, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by move
@4doorj care to elaborate on your experience there? And how are you finding the wrx so far? Which trim? Tia.

Well lets just say when I went to calgary subaru I was ignored just like you.
I had to wait for a while to talk to someone at centaur, and when I finally talked to someone he didn't take me serious. It was very frustrating, I was trying to buy a car from him.

So talked to Mike at scotts subaru, wayyyy better service then the calgary locations. Was worth driving up and giving them my business over the calgary locations. Although having a hard time finding some where to get service done.

I got the wrx sti sport. When I got it there was alot of hype, and " if you don't get it, someone else in line will"

The one I got was one that someone failed to get financing on which was the exact model I wanted.

But yah with STI it seems like its super hard to get a discount. I got zero, but free all season mats hahah

Let me know if you want my salesman info.

move
05-22-2015, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by 4doorj

Well lets just say when I went to calgary subaru I was ignored just like you.
I had to wait for a while to talk to someone at centaur, and when I finally talked to someone he didn't take me serious. It was very frustrating, I was trying to buy a car from him.

So talked to Mike at scotts subaru, wayyyy better service then the calgary locations. Was worth driving up and giving them my business over the calgary locations. Although having a hard time finding some where to get service done.

I got the wrx sti sport. When I got it there was alot of hype, and " if you don't get it, someone else in line will"

The one I got was one that someone failed to get financing on which was the exact model I wanted.

But yah with STI it seems like its super hard to get a discount. I got zero, but free all season mats hahah

Let me know if you want my salesman info.

Well tbh im still stuck between sport and sport tech. Dunno if its worth a bit extra for the keyless entry, harmon stereo and leather seats.

Also my first "big boy" whip so having commitment issues as ill need to finance it. So i was hoping a test drive could seal the deal for me.

4doorj
05-23-2015, 12:03 AM

Well tbh im still stuck between sport and sport tech. Dunno if its worth a bit extra for the keyless entry, harmon stereo and leather seats.

Also my first "big boy" whip so having commitment issues as ill need to finance it. So i was hoping a test drive could seal the deal for me.
I actually prefer the half leather in the sport. But soo jealous of the keyless entry. I hate my stereo but heard people hate the Harmon stereo too. They say better off buying a aftermarket deck instead.

beyond_ban
05-23-2015, 12:29 AM
You can buy brand new $40k+ cars that do not come with keyless entry? Or are you guys talking about key proximity unlocking? Like BMW comfort access for example.

4doorj
05-23-2015, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
You can buy brand new $40k+ cars that do not come with keyless entry? Or are you guys talking about key proximity unlocking? Like BMW comfort access for example.
Proximity key/ smart key

move
05-23-2015, 12:58 AM

I actually prefer the half leather in the sport. But soo jealous of the keyless entry. I hate my stereo but heard people hate the Harmon stereo too. They say better off buying a aftermarket deck instead.

Ya i was planning on doing an aftermarket deck anyways. But speakers, keyless and leather is kind of whats making me want the sport tech

dubhead
05-23-2015, 11:57 AM
Do what I did get a used CPO S4 instead. You won't regret it.

dj_rice
05-23-2015, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by dubhead

Great post! Totally relevent to the thread!

calgary350z
05-23-2015, 12:23 PM
I got mine from Tony at Centaur which was a great experience and he is not full of shit like most guys there. I got a small $500 discount as they don't really need to discount them as they can't keep them in stock. Its supply and demand which also keeps up the great resale value.

people always think a big discount is great but a lot of times that effects the end value when you are done your lease or finance contract if they are willing to do that for a particular model or brand.

I got the premium or whatever its called and love it so far.
Just got the Cobb tune and used Brentuning out of the US for a remote tune and its such a beast now compared to stock.

Also the 15 feels so much better build quality wise compared to my 09 STI I had. Interior is still kinda bland but doesn't feel like being in a rattle trap like my last Subaru.

gram
05-23-2015, 02:06 PM
It's a great car. Don't expect to get a discount though-good luck with that. High demand car.

I love mine, it's a very good car. A little fwd biased but there is a reason that you are buying an AWD car in the first place. I find that when it gets warm outside that there are significant heat soak issues. Also, as far as servicing-avoid the dealerships if you can. Calgary is brutal for that reason. I just go to the dealer, buy oil and filters, keep them in the car and change when I want to. You can even bring a filter and oil to Mr.Lube etc (not that I'm saying to do that) to keep a file for warranty.

The car is impressive. I love mine. Everyone that i know that has one also really likes it. It is a pretty quick car too. Tuning it seems to be a no brainer as well.

Another thing to point out-the car comes with Summer tires, be ready to change those in a few months.

01RedDX
05-23-2015, 02:13 PM

move
05-23-2015, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by dubhead

I was actually looking at cpo b8's when i decided i wanted to get a new car, but afraid of warranty and etc as i plan on keeping this car for a while.

As to everyone else, thanks for the insights.

tehwegz
05-23-2015, 10:45 PM
They use brake vectoring like the Ford ST's. Not sure if the STI's do too, but they probably just use real limited slip diffs.

Will probably go through brakes like crazy if driven hard.

heavyD
05-23-2015, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
In the past had no issues getting cost +$1000 on them.

That has changed???

Ha ha ha. Since when on a WRX or STI? I had no problem getting that on an Outback but no Subaru dealership in Alberta will sell you a WRX or STI at cost +$1000.

xnvy
05-23-2015, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Ha ha ha. Since when on a WRX or STI? He might be referring to his Tribeca...? :dunno:

Cost + $1,000 on a WRX or STI would be totally nuts.

Team_Mclaren
05-24-2015, 12:22 AM

Ha ha ha. Since when on a WRX or STI? I had no problem getting that on an Outback but no Subaru dealership in Alberta will sell you a WRX or STI at cost +$1000.

I'd second that for BC dealers as well. Paid MSRP with some around $600 worth of free accessories.

max_boost
05-24-2015, 01:51 AM

Ha ha ha. Since when on a WRX or STI? I had no problem getting that on an Outback but no Subaru dealership in Alberta will sell you a WRX or STI at cost +$1000. lol it's been awhile. Pretty sure my 06 and 2010 was cost +1k. It was the Aleks deal lol

dumplings
05-24-2015, 03:01 PM

Its definitely do-able. I paid cash for my sti; 35.5k otd.

Team_Mclaren
05-24-2015, 07:28 PM
I guess that depends on when you buy it, I bought the first 2015 production model in June 2014.

I'm sure you can get some kind of discount buying a 2015 now thats in stock.

heavyD
05-25-2015, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by dumplings

Its definitely do-able. I paid cash for my sti; 35.5k otd.

Sorry I find that really hard to believe unless you got your car between 2008-2009 when the market kind of crashed a bit and there was a larger than normal amount of cars available as that would be below dealer cost for even a base STI. People are selling used STI's for more than what you paid and are getting it. Seeing these cars barely spend time on lots before being sold there is zero incentive for dealers to sell them for no profit. Seem way too many posters on the internet like to exaggerate their bartering skills.

4doorj
05-25-2015, 07:17 AM

Sorry I don't believe it as that would be below dealer cost for even a base STI. Seeing these cars barely spend time on lots before being sold there is zero incentive for dealers to sell them for no profit. Seem way too many posters on the internet like to exaggerate their bartering skills.

Do you miss your sti now that you sold it?
What have you replaced it with?

heavyD
05-25-2015, 07:20 AM

Do you miss your sti now that you sold it?
What have you replaced it with?

I don't miss it right now but I might in the winter lol. I downsized to a 2015 Focus ST. The ST handles much better and has a nicer interior so not a bad trade off.

4doorj
05-25-2015, 07:21 AM

I don't miss it right now but I might in the winter lol. I downsized to a 2015 Focus ST. The ST handles much better and has a nicer interior so not a bad trade off.
Nice!
The infotainment in ford's is probably one of my favorite things. So nice compared to everyone else's in the price point.

Aleks
05-25-2015, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
lol it's been awhile. Pretty sure my 06 and 2010 was cost +1k. It was the Aleks deal lol

Good old days :nut:

My 2006 WRX was cost +1000. 2010 WRX was a pretty sweet deal too. I received a pretty decent discount on a 2013 STI as well. I've bought 5 Subarus over the years and have always been treated really well at Centaur.

heavyD
05-25-2015, 07:46 AM

Nice!
The infotainment in ford's is probably one of my favorite things. So nice compared to everyone else's in the price point.

MFT is pretty solid now they got the bugs worked out. First FWD car I have owned in almost 10 years and it feels a little bit weird to have to hold on tight to the steering wheel on initial acceleration and the Ford's electronic torque steer compensation kind of feels weird as well as you can feel the steering wheel pulsate a bit but once it gets going it's a fun little city car.

dumplings
05-25-2015, 02:49 PM

Sorry I find that really hard to believe unless you got your car between 2008-2009 when the market kind of crashed a bit and there was a larger than normal amount of cars available as that would be below dealer cost for even a base STI. People are selling used STI's for more than what you paid and are getting it. Seeing these cars barely spend time on lots before being sold there is zero incentive for dealers to sell them for no profit. Seem way too many posters on the internet like to exaggerate their bartering skills.

It was a new MY 2012 sti purchased from subaru caglary in 2013. There is really no reason for me to BS over the price i got- I have nothing to prove over the internet. I just wanted to point out it is entirely possible to purchase a new sti at or around cost.

heavyD
05-25-2015, 03:54 PM

It was a new MY 2012 sti purchased from subaru caglary in 2013. There is really no reason for me to BS over the price i got- I have nothing to prove over the internet. I just wanted to point out it is entirely possible to purchase a new sti at or around cost.

What trim level? I could be wrong but 35.5K OTD would be below cost for an STI. That's pretty unheard of.

Team_Mclaren
05-25-2015, 04:11 PM

What trim level? I could be wrong but 35.5K OTD would be below cost for an STI. That's pretty unheard of.

Well, like what i said, given that its a MY 2012 purchased in 2013. That's very believable.
I'm sure there are cash incentives on it by that time.

dumplings
05-25-2015, 07:07 PM

It was the base trim. The cash incentives at the time were pretty ridiculous.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-25-2015, 07:46 PM
I would consider a new WRX or STi but Subaru paint quality is atrocious.

heavyD
05-26-2015, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
I would consider a new WRX or STi but Subaru paint quality is atrocious.

You don't like that sandblasted look on the front end?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-26-2015, 12:59 PM

You don't like that sandblasted look on the front end?

Maybe on a 10 year old rally car. I should have had my entire BRZ done in 3M before I drove it, not just the key areas.

jacky4566
05-26-2015, 02:08 PM
How much would it cost someone to take a factory fresh car and get 3-5 extra coats of clear coat put on? This would be instead of 3M which looks fugly IMO.

Koenigsegg uses a 150 micron clear coat, which is approximately three times the depth of the clear coat sprayed on an average car.

heavyD
05-26-2015, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by jacky4566
How much would it cost someone to take a factory fresh car and get 3-5 extra coats of clear coat put on? This would be instead of 3M which looks fugly IMO.

Koenigsegg uses a 150 micron clear coat, which is approximately three times the depth of the clear coat sprayed on an average car.

Done properly it will be close to the cost of repainting a car so it's probably not worth it for most. Also too thick of clear coat will actually chip easier and fogging can be an issue.

I don't know why more people in Calgary don't get their cars Opti-Coated. I've done it to my last two cars and it's really done a decent job of limiting rock chips as it's permanent and adds typically 2 microns of ceramic protection over your paint. They recently changed their formula though so Opti-Coat Pro is now a 2-step process so it cost $700 to get my Focus ST done compared to $450 for my STI. Worth every penny though as not only is it added protection you never have to wax.

move
05-28-2015, 12:54 PM
So thinking of going to subaru calgary and picking up a white sport tech WRX since they have a couple in stock. Anything to keep in mind when negotiating or signing the contract? (Noob, first time buyer here).

Also read in another thread (VW GTI thread) saying that xpel works better with white cars? Or should I just stick to 3M?

Mibz
05-28-2015, 01:26 PM
Go with XPEL, 100%

Even relatively new 3M looks like ass on white cars.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-28-2015, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Go with XPEL, 100%

Agreed. Xpel is best regardless in my research.

riander5
05-28-2015, 02:10 PM
I think the new wrx / sti look hella good as cartman would say.

Big step up on that ugly kia looking sedan that bridged the hatchback

4doorj
05-28-2015, 02:29 PM
So thinking of going to subaru calgary and picking up a white sport tech WRX since they have a couple in stock. Anything to keep in mind when negotiating or signing the contract? (Noob, first time buyer here).

Also read in another thread (VW GTI thread) saying that xpel works better with white cars? Or should I just stick to 3M?
Get them to give you free touch up paint and free all season floor mats?
And cost on parts maybe?

yipb
05-31-2015, 08:45 AM

Did you have a referral for Subaru Calgary? If not, can I refer you so I get 100 subbie dollars? :D

Originally posted by Mibz
Go with XPEL, 100%

How much is Xpel? For a dark grey car would it matter which one I go with

heavyD
05-31-2015, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by yipb

How much is Xpel? For a dark grey car would it matter which one I go with

Probably not. I have had 3M on dark colored cars and it held up fine it's more white and silver where Xpel is a little better. Depending on coverage you are probably looking at between $500-700. I'm a Shadow Tinting guy and take all my cars there as they do solid work.

403ep3
05-14-2017, 05:31 PM
Is Scott Subaru still the dealership to go to?

Thinking about grabbing a 2018 WRX Sport-tech, but was curious if anyone had a clue what the financing rates are for a 2/3 year. I'd call, but they are closed, and my contact at Subaru Calgary doesn't reply when he's off work :P

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-14-2017, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3
Is Scott Subaru still the dealership to go to?

Thinking about grabbing a 2018 WRX Sport-tech, but was curious if anyone had a clue what the financing rates are for a 2/3 year. I'd call, but they are closed, and my contact at Subaru Calgary doesn't reply when he's off work :P

I picked up a 2017 WRX two weeks ago and there was no rate info on the 2018s at that time. Hopefully there is now.

403ep3
05-14-2017, 06:05 PM

I picked up a 2017 WRX two weeks ago and there was no rate info on the 2018s at that time. Hopefully there is now.

Cool, thanks. Any sign of a discount?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-14-2017, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3

Cool, thanks. Any sign of a discount?

I got around $1500 off from Subaru Calgary on a base 2017 WRX.

GingeRRRBeef
05-14-2017, 08:21 PM
Save your money and get a Coupe 6-6 instead. They are the last real American muscle car.

redblack
05-14-2017, 08:26 PM

I got around $1500 off from Subaru Calgary on a base 2017 WRX.

That's pretty good, Subaru of Calgary usually only gives 1 or 2 free accessories and sells at msrp

403ep3
05-14-2017, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the info twin

heavyD
05-15-2017, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by redblack
That's pretty good, Subaru of Calgary usually only gives 1 or 2 free accessories and sells at msrp

I've bought two cars from them and both below MSRP. I suppose it matters what time of year or even day of month you hit them.

Hallowed_point
05-15-2017, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by GingeRRRBeef
Save your money and get a Coupe 6-6 instead. They are the last real American muscle car. You're a salty one trick pony aren't you? Beat my brother's MK7 GTI this weekend as well. Taking all fades :poosie:

Aleks
05-16-2017, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by redblack

These cars have well over $3,000 in markup. If you're paying full price you're not negotiating well.

403ep3
05-16-2017, 08:04 AM
For 2017s.. think I will have a chance with any sort of discount on a 2018? - question for anyone that ordered one

Spoke with someone from Scott Subaru and the rates will be starting at 1.99% for two years and up from there until 3.99%.

Konj
05-16-2017, 08:40 AM
Thinking of getting the 2015 wrx, but I did some searching on beyond and read a bunch of horrible reviews on both subaru calgary and centaur. Also went to SC in person and got treated like shit, stood there for 15minutes without even someone acknowledging me.

Is it even worth all of this for wrx or should I just move onto the next?

Are you firm on WRX? I have a 2015 STI, we might be able to do business together. If interested we can go over the details.

r3ccOs
05-16-2017, 10:12 AM
PSweet engine in that 6-6 and it's a great fwd coupe to boot

However I'm certain that he A3 2.0 Quattro with dsg and launch control, which both specs and on a few videos show is slightly quicker than a WRX, should be quicker than your accord here at 3500 feet

Maybe the GTI wasn't a dsg and had traction issues??? Tires play a huge role as well regardless

But I'd say that seeing a STI walk my friends 370, tells me that turbos at this elevation makes all the difference

I'd bet even a 228i should be quicker than the 6-6 here

Anyways I digress and have to say that I think the new Ford Fusion sport is going to be he value winner in the midsize car category for speed for the monies

In fact the 6-6 should take on one to see how it fairs in this elevation considering price point is similar

Hallowed_point
05-16-2017, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by r3ccOs
PSweet engine in that 6-6 and it's a great fwd coupe to boot

However I'm certain that he A3 2.0 Quattro with dsg and launch control, which both specs and on a few videos show is slightly quicker than a WRX, should be quicker than your accord here at 3500 feet

Maybe the GTI wasn't a dsg and had traction issues??? Tires play a huge role as well regardless

But I'd say that seeing a STI walk my friends 370, tells me that turbos at this elevation makes all the difference

I'd bet even a 228i should be quicker than the 6-6 here

Anyways I digress and have to say that I think the new Ford Fusion sport is going to be he value winner in the midsize car category for speed for the monies

In fact the 6-6 should take on one to see how it fairs in this elevation considering price point is similar

My brother's MK7 GTI is a DSG and it certainty put up a better fight from a roll than that 2014 STi did vs the 6-6. I think he has pirelli's on it. Much better than my fuel saver crap tires. The nose of his GTI was right at my front wheel the entire pull. If I didn't shift perfectly, he would've won for sure. Those things are pretty quick. Once he does an APR flash and some other bolt on's I'm done :burnout: The 6-6 is a great engine and transmission in a ho hum chassis. But I do love rolling on local stock turbo guys for fun when I can. He also beat a 350Z badly in his GTI. But that was from a light and if you can't shift, you're gonna get smoked by a DSG with a comparable car.

Wow! 325 hp in a Fusion these days. That's pretty wild. I can't wait to run one.

Aleks
05-16-2017, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by r3ccOs

It's a heavy boat that's no faster than a Passat or Accord V6, from a roll of course.

Hallowed_point
05-16-2017, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
It's a heavy boat that's no faster than a Passat or Accord V6, from a roll of course. http://jalopnik.com/the-325-horsepower-2017-ford-fusion-sport-is-not-the-au-1785980191 It's knocking on 4000 lbs. And the fuel economy also reflects that. 17/26/20 is pretty rough for a midsize car. Considering a 2017 Corvette gets 17/29 with a 455 hp V8. Still this thing is gonna be one heck of a sleeper in it's category.

Aleks
05-16-2017, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
http://jalopnik.com/the-325-horsepower-2017-ford-fusion-sport-is-not-the-au-1785980191 It's knocking on 4000 lbs. And the fuel economy also reflects that. 17/26/20 is pretty rough for a midsize car. Still this thing is gonna be one heck of a sleeper in it's category.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-ford-fusion-sport-with-summer-tires-tested-review

4127 lbs

100mph trap. It's 500+lbs more than its competitors.

Hallowed_point
05-16-2017, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-ford-fusion-sport-with-summer-tires-tested-review

4127 lbs

100mph trap. It's 500+lbs more than its competitors.

That's pretty damn good considering the weight. What a pig though. I'll also bet that ford is stretching the fuel economy a bit as well. It's probably even worse.

r3ccOs
05-16-2017, 04:40 PM
I don't disagree, it's heavy and likely due to the power uses the same truck 6r80 trans

But for the price, features and that this should be quite quick at our elevation... it's not an s4 killer but at the price it is an awesome value

It's performance at @ 13.7 1/4 is faster than I think all NA cars in its class

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-21-2017, 01:29 PM
Had my first fill up on my WRX today, 8.9L/100km hand calculated, all city.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-21-2017, 02:05 PM
Also just noticed the lease residuals went up again for May, second month in a row!

403ep3
05-28-2017, 03:02 PM
Bit the bullet and ordered/deposited on a 2018 WRX sport tech. Unfortunately it's auto as my wife can't drive manual. Will still be a fun car to drive around and pick up groceries ✌️

Went with Scott Subaru as the sales guy was quick with replies and answered all my questions in full detail.

PM me if you want his name. By far the best salesman I've dealt with for a vehicle

redblack
05-28-2017, 03:40 PM
Were you about to negotiate anything off? I'm thinking about a '18 wrx base

403ep3
05-28-2017, 05:46 PM
Nothing off MSRP, but was able to get accessories thrown in and a d/c on undercoating

PM me for more details. Don't want to list it here before I get my car (three weeks)

Kijho
05-28-2017, 07:40 PM
I knew you'd be here James! Haha, what is "lease residuals" - Sorry noob question!

403ep3, congrats on the new WRX man! You'll love it I bet!!!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4191/34197278260_c2e5d41916_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/U6TZpS)
IMG_1357 (https://flic.kr/p/U6TZpS) by Spencer (https://www.flickr.com/photos/kijho66/), on Flickr

r3ccOs
05-30-2017, 05:08 PM
just watched the carsrally rocky mountain rally this weekend.

talked to alot of folks regarding chasis's and regulations... and boy were there some awesome specimens

I did tell them about the 6-6 and how they could dominate the WRC if only someone would enter one into the open class.

that said, and having driven a number of recent subies, and asides from pretty much having a disposable engine and a vintage 90s interior... boy are they good driving chassis. I mean almost all of them from the Forrester, Legacy, Impreza and Crosstrek... very capable, balanced, and amazing traction.

These things are very predictable and inspire confidence.

I know there are tons of other drivers cars, but I'd say the entire Subaru family, thanks in part to shared components and an incredibly slow pragmatic evolution, all drive "well".

heavyD
05-31-2017, 11:45 AM
Most cars these days outside of the odd Korean or Toyota made vehicle all drive very well. I would say Mazda probably makes the best drivers cars of the Japanese and domestic if you are looking at their entire lineup.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-06-2017, 06:16 PM
Took my WRX to autoslalom today. It proved to be competitive in D Street with minor mods (GD BBS, 245/40/17 Zestino Gredge 07R, mufflers removed). Pretty happy with how it handled with a little trail braking in the fast areas.

DboyNismo
04-17-2018, 10:29 AM
Bumping this thread to get an updated view.

Looking at a 2018 BRZ Sport-tech RS. Is Scott Subaru in Red Deer still the go to for beyonders or are the Calgary dealers alright? Also I am probably looking at factory ordering as the trim and colour I want are hard to find on lots (actually just finding a 2018 BRZ is hard) - would appreciate some pointers in negotiating this.

If there are any Subaru sales guys lurking here, or know if anyone has a connection, PM's are welcome.

k1l4m
04-23-2018, 07:48 PM
I believe Twin_Cam_Turbo has a friend who works at Centaur Subaru in Sales.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-23-2018, 07:52 PM
I believe Twin_Cam_Turbo has a friend who works at Centaur Subaru in Sales.

Daniel Martin at Centaur Subaru

403ep3
04-24-2018, 06:37 AM
Went to both dealerships here and almost bought at one. Test drove the car, talked about pricing, but was waiting for my VW settlement. Guy decides to not keep my number and asks 2-3 times when I text/email him who this was.. for a salesman he wasn’t very good at the customer service part.

Ended up emailing Scott Subaru and got prompt responses and all my questions answered. Thumbs up for them

heavyD
04-24-2018, 11:11 AM
Went to both dealerships here and almost bought at one. Test drove the car, talked about pricing, but was waiting for my VW settlement. Guy decides to not keep my number and asks 2-3 times when I text/email him who this was.. for a salesman he wasn’t very good at the customer service part.

Ended up emailing Scott Subaru and got prompt responses and all my questions answered. Thumbs up for them

I'm surprised just how bad some auto salesmen are these days. It's amateur hour at some of these dealerships.

D'z Nutz
04-24-2018, 11:21 AM

Why do I picture some guy on his phone the whole time you're doing the test drive and negotiations?

DboyNismo
04-25-2018, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the replies! Chatting with Clay at Scott Subaru and will email Daniel to see what they're offering.