PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been SCREWED by another board member?

CalgarySS
03-10-2004, 06:06 PM
Here is a brief sequence of events. This is taken word for word from recent PMs.

Perhaps a few of you remember a car for sale a little while ago?

Gord.
I noticed your car for sale. I would appreciate a little more information.

MK3HKS.
well, its grey, it practically mint int and ext.....its 5spd its a hatchback 2dr, no chips or anything on paint, 117 000km, 3cylinder (20 dollars=550-600 km in summer)....just pm me back with more questions and ill answer them

Gord.
Thanks for the response.
I would be willing to offer 3000 dollars for the car, pending a successful test drive.

MK3HKS.
3200 and its yours......u can do test drive anytime u want
call my cell at ###-####

Gord.
Thanks, but I will let it go for a bit.
My current car is being bought in March by a coworker. I will look around until then.
...Unless you are willing to let it go for 3000.

MK3HKS.
yeah i thaught about it, n sure ill let it go for 3000 just phone my cell at ###-#### and arrange a time to come look at it

Gord.
Will you be free tomorrow? Sorry I could not make it over to see your car today, I had to work late.

Gord.
Would Sunday be an option?
I have your address as .................... is that correct?

MK3HKS.
sunday is no problem!, but it would be better if u came before 4 but if not u can come later too...
(not ..........)

Gord.
That sounds perfect. I will leave here at noon. I will call you before I head out.

*At this point, I drove to his house, test drove the car and purchased it. Time passed and I started to have some concerns about the car...*

Gord.
I have a few questions about the Geo that I bought from you.
You mentioned that it had been looked at recently by a mechanic. A tune up and a timing belt replacement was done. I was wondering which shop that was done at?

After I drove the car home, I parked it until the day before yesterday. A co-worker purchased the other car that I had, So I decided to put the Geo on the road.

I drove it to work yesterday and noticed a drop in engine power on Deerfoot, just then the Service Engine Soon light came on.

I stopped and checked everything out, nothing apparent was wrong, so I continued. I checked things out more thouroughly when I got home.

Here are the things that I noticed on returning home.
1-The plug wires were OLD, they had 1995 stamped on them.
2-After checking the plugs, it was apparent that they too were old. They are platinum plugs so I would suspect that they had been in the car for some time. Since new? Perhaps...
3- The cap did not seem badly warn. Replaced recently? Perhaps...

I drove to a local auto parts store and purchased all of the parts that I thought that I would need. Cap, rotor, wires, plugs etc.

As I drove home, ( round trip, 15 kms) I noticed the distinctive sound of valvetrain clatter. As I neared home it increased in noise until I shut the car off in thedrive way where it now sits.

Now, this arroused my interest. I looked under the hood again and notice scratch marks on the valve cover bolts and the valve covers themselves. Obviously some stopgap measure has been applied to quell the ticking of the valvetrain and is now ceasing to function.

I thought this was odd. I have owned fireflys/metros/sprints/etc with the 1 liter powerplant and have seen no problems until well into the 200-250,000km range. I noticed that the front struts are also blown. Again, a symptom of higher mileage cars.

The mileage on this car 117,000kms.

My question to you is this.

What has this car been through? Is the true mileage 117.000kms or has the speedometer/odometer cluster been swapped?

I asked you, in good faith, if there was anything wrong with the car when I bought it. You looked me in the eye and said it was in perfect running order. I said " Does it need any work?'. You replied, " It has just had a tune up and a timing belt replaced by a mechanic, It needs nothing."

I understand the term " As is" and I bought the car without having it gone over by a mechanic. I have done so on perhaps 20 occaisions since I started driving/modifying/racing cars and never been stung.

You are a long term member of this board, and as such, held a position of respect to me. I would like you to renew my faith by telling me that everything that you told me about the car is true and that I am mistaken in my suspision that I am the victim of fraud.

I would appreciate a response.

Gord.

I will not post this online until I hear back from you, this is a sign of good faith on my part.

MK3HKS.
i dunno what to say man................iam really shocked at why this happened
while we owned this my dad drove it, and nuttin happened he checked it all up himself because he is a mechanic ,drove the car for a bit (a few months) and didnt find any problems
and i dont remember any scratches on the valve cover and the struts were not blown,
about the milege, we never touched it in the time we have owned it but iam not sure about the previous owner but i dont think he touched it either. u are not a victim of fraud, we checked for basic problems and drove it for a bit, then we needed the money so we had to sell it, sorry for the problems man

Gord.
I have gone over the car a little more closely, here is what I have found.

1-It burns a tremendous amount of oil. 1 liter/400kms

Cost to fix = $2000 Dollars

Why I did not notice this on the test drive?
a-It was -20 degrees outside so the oil in the exhaust looked like a normal exhaust plume.
b-The exhaust pipe was pressure washed clean so the carbon deposits from the burnt oil were washed away.

2-The SES light comes on constantly because of a VSS/TPS problem.

Cost to fix = $400 dollars depending on which sensors are faulty.

Why I did not notice this on the test drive?

The ECM was disconnected at some point to clear the codes. They remain clear for 50-100km before the computer sets off the SES light again. This was obviously done before our test drive.

These are problems that have existed for some time and COULD NOT be overseen by someone driving this car for a number of months. Especially a mechanic.

The more that I learn about this car, the more I realize that I have been intentionally misled as to its condition.

I will give you the option of purchasing this car back from me for the price of $3000. If you agree to this I will consider the matter dealt with and pursue it no further.

If you have any other suggestions as to how we can resolve this, let me know.

I would appreciate a prompt response.

MK3HKS.
man......................i dont know what to say to you, but when we had it, it had no problems and was running fine....

and sorry, no thnx i dont wanna buy it back because i dont know what u have done to the car, iam tryin to be as considerate as i can be but i have no clue what you did with the car like drive off right away after starting it , maybe thas why so much oil is going missing..i dunno?!?!?!?

Here is the thread describing the car and its faults...

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32910

MK3HKS.
FS: 96 Geo Metro
2dr, 5spd, very clean in and out, 3cylinder, 117 000km, grey
$3800obo

MK3HKS.
ttt

MK3HKS.
new price 3500

MK3HKS.
bump

Gord.
I am interested.
Is there any damage to the car? (Other then the obvious ding on the drivers door)
Recent work?
Stock stereo/head unit?
Odd engine noises/shimmies etc?
AC?
How firm are you on the price?

MK3HKS.
gimme a reasonable offer, i wont go down a grand if thats what ur thinkin
- new timing belt
- recently checked up by a mechanic
- tune-up done about 3 weeks ago
- stock am/fm radio cassete player
- no odd engine noises/shimmies
- no a/c on canadian geo metro (only in USA)
- dual airbags

Gord.
I would offer 3000 dollars for the car, pending the results of a test drive.
I already have a 1995 Firefly for my daily commuter. I am looking for a lower km replacement.

MK3HKS.
bump

"Another beyond member"
If i may ask, why your selling 3 vehicles
neon=brother
geo=sister
dakota=dads
lots of bills to pay off man, or else i wouldnt sell

MK3HKS
sold

Gord.
Thanks for the car. It was nice meeting with you.
Sorry about the 20 dollar bills. Damn ATMs.

MK3HKS
its alright , money is money
i would of takin it if it were toonies too
ps: i gave u a trader rating

"Another beyond member"
good to see another car being sold over beyond!!!

MK3HKS
hahhahaha its only a geo

CalgarySS
03-10-2004, 06:09 PM
If you have made it through that novel, I would appreciate any advice that you might have.

Here are my options as I see them.

1-Forget about it and buy another car.
2-Go to small claims court.
3-Press criminal charges.

Like I said. Any advice is appreciated.

Gord.

Hollywood
03-10-2004, 06:14 PM
My question is did you get it inspected by a "GOOD" mechanic before purchasing it?

1-Forget about it and buy another car.
2-Go to small claims court.
3-Press criminal charges.

1. Only option.
2. Wont work, laws protect these people. Even with evidence.
3. Same as above.

ninjak84
03-10-2004, 06:18 PM
Sounds like him and his family just buy shitty cheap cars and flip them for a couple bucks after a pressure wash.
If they need to screw people over to put food on the plate, then I almost feel as bad for them as I do for you.

cocoabrova
03-10-2004, 06:25 PM
If it were me, step 1 wouldn't even be an option.
Step 2 should be done immediately, and as for step 3, I'd contact the CPS to see if you have grounds for pressing charges.

Also, I heard you can do a VIN search on the car through the registry and you *should* be able to track where it's been for service since new, if it was done at the dealership. This should also tell you the actual mileage on the car. Or if you can find this info out, maybe even go to that dealership and ask about the car's mileage/service history.....

For small claims, you'll also need to take the car to an actual repair shop/dealership to get an estimate for the repairs stated above.

CalgarySS
03-10-2004, 06:27 PM
Thanks guys, all of this advice will be taken to heart.

89coupe
03-10-2004, 06:41 PM
Damn, that is shitty Gord.

Pretty tough to prove any of it though. Fucking people, anything for a buck :thumbsdow

Even though it sounds pretty obvious that the car was made to be something that it wasn't.

Fuck would I be pissed. You are too damn trusting Gord. I always have my cars checked over thourally before making a purchase.

B

Mr. Papageorgio
03-10-2004, 06:43 PM
I agree with cocoabravo, this is the second shaddy car mk3hks has tried to sell on Beyond. The first was a turbo supra which from my understanding was a pile of garbage. I wouldnt trust mk3hks as far as I could throw him. I dont know what it is but he just gives me a bad feeling. He isnt a reputable Beyond member at all. In his add he said he had a tuneup...wtf.. the cap was worn and the plugs were old. What would make a 117K car burn oil? Theres no way that mileage is legit

hjr
03-10-2004, 06:59 PM
any milage of car can burn oil, but it seems as though its not what it was made out to be. Neg trader rating perhaps to save other people?

But there are always 2 sides. we will have to see what MK3HKS says.

finboy
03-10-2004, 07:01 PM
i believe he tried to screw over jdm accord as well for the sale of a supra.

try contacting him or do a search for the threads, i think it was on performance shop in the boostaholics section as well

Boost Infested
03-10-2004, 07:03 PM
from his previous for sale posts, i think MK3HKS is a cockroach!:thumbsdow

CalgarySS
03-10-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
Damn, that is shitty Gord.

Pretty tough to prove any of it though. Fucking people, anything for a buck :thumbsdow

Even though it sounds pretty obvious that the car was made to be something that it wasn't.

Fuck would I be pissed. You are too damn trusting Gord. I always have my cars checked over thourally before making a purchase.

B

Good point Brad. Let this be a lesson to others.... Both purchasers and sellers.

CalgarySS
03-10-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by hjr
any milage of car can burn oil, but it seems as though its not what it was made out to be. Neg trader rating perhaps to save other people?

But there are always 2 sides. we will have to see what MK3HKS says.

Good advice.

That is why I did not embelish any of the pms or posts. I wanted to be as accomodating as possible until I had no more options left.

xkon
03-10-2004, 07:11 PM
my understanding of it is that you are SOL, private vehicles sold privately have no warranty, unless its in writing - also if 'as is' is on the bill of sale, you have no legal recourse to do anything (unless you bought from a dealer, you cannot waive that right with dealers)

Verbal promises mean nothing and wont hold up anywhere!

sorry to hear of your trouble :(

civicrider
03-10-2004, 07:18 PM
why would you trust the word of someone, it seems to me like this is more your fault for trusting someone when buying a car, waiting a couple days for an inspection is worth it.
I have been in the same position as you though so i guess i cant talk but after my one incounter with someone selling a lemon car i always get them inspected.

CalgarySS
03-10-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
why would you trust the word of someone, it seems to me like this is more your fault for trusting someone when buying a car, waiting a couple days for an inspection is worth it.
I have been in the same position as you though so i guess i cant talk but after my one incounter with someone selling a lemon car i always get them inspected.

Thanks for posting, That is exactly why I started this thread. If there is anything to be learned from this.....GET AN INSPECTION!

GTS Jeff
03-10-2004, 07:24 PM
i noticed that mk3hks never really answered your question about how the plugs and wires were super old if a tune up was done. its fair to hear his side, but from his replies that u posted, it doesnt seem like hes doing a good job of defending himself at all.

imo i wouldnt settle for being screwed. try your hardest to get your money back and to prevent him from screwing more ppl over. if it turns out that the guy is a scammer, talk to the mods and see what they can do to make sure he doesnt keep using beyond as a means for scamming people.

i personally wouldnt transact with him based on his newbieish posts on the forums.

Red89GT
03-10-2004, 07:28 PM
In BC there is a law where you have 30 days on a private sale where you can retunr the car. maybe theres something simular in Alberta?

Weapon_R
03-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Here's my take on the situation.

Unfortunately, you can't file criminal charges against the seller, unless the KM's have been altered, and you can prove that the seller rolled them back.

I read through the novel you wrote, and there seemed to be a large onus on your behalf to thoroughly inspect the vehicle before purchasing.

You can sue for damages if you can PROVE that the seller knew about the problems and didn't inform you. There exists, however, two different issues with this: a) He can say that he did tell you, and unless you recorded the conversations, you cannot disprove him or b) he can say that he didn't believe there were any problems, and that they developed after you bought the vehicle.

As much as I hate to say this, the caveat applies in used car buying more than anything else. Always thoroughly inspect the vehicle you are purchasing.

redx2nv
03-10-2004, 07:29 PM
Was the vehicle sold as is?

If so, you are screwed. You have no chance of getting your money back. You should have a had a reliable mechanic to look at it, you cant trust anyone these days.:thumbsdow

<-- I've been scrwed before man, it sucks but be lucky it wasnt a very expensive car.

Hollywood
03-10-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by xkon
my understanding of it is that you are SOL, private vehicles sold privately have no warranty, unless its in writing - also if 'as is' is on the bill of sale, you have no legal recourse to do anything (unless you bought from a dealer, you cannot waive that right with dealers)

Verbal promises mean nothing and wont hold up anywhere!

sorry to hear of your trouble :(

Yes. 100%.

Originally posted by civicrider

Yes. 100%.

Originally posted by Weapon_R
Here's my take on the situation.

Unfortunately, you can't file criminal charges against the seller, unless the KM's have been altered, and you can prove that the seller rolled them back.

I read through the novel you wrote, and there seemed to be a large onus on your behalf to thoroughly inspect the vehicle before purchasing.

You can sue for damages if you can PROVE that the seller knew about the problems and didn't inform you. There exists, however, two different issues with this: a) He can say that he did tell you, and unless you recorded the conversations, you cannot disprove him or b) he can say that he didn't believe there were any problems, and that they developed after you bought the vehicle.

As much as I hate to say this, the caveat applies in used car buying more than anything else. Always thoroughly inspect the vehicle you are purchasing.

Yes.100%. But for the KM's thing you have to prove he rolled back the KM's which is also to hard to do. He can say that's how he bought it.

Part of me feels sorry for you the other part is frustration and stupidity that you did not get an inspection first.

I've seen this in court on TV. You the buyer looses unless you have a bunch of factual evidence.

You do have 1 option. Go to the registy and get the history of the car. If you can prove that when he registered the car that the km were higher than when you boought it and the car remained in his posession the whole time, then you have a case.

lam-boy
03-10-2004, 07:54 PM
damn man sorry to hear, but heres a comic relief..when i first read the title i thought this should have been in the ask leo section..

Davetronz
03-10-2004, 07:55 PM
I hate to say it but you are stuck with the vehicle.
Unless you obtained a registry, writeoff, mileage, or mechanical check of sorts on this car before you bought it you are hooped.
A bill of sale will probably not give you much grounds either unless an implicit warranty is stated.
There is very little protection for private buyers and sellers, and that is the downfall of that market.

I also think that a moderator should remove the sellers address from all posts above.

Im sorry to hear that you were hooped bro, and hate to sound like a dick, but these things just have to be checked out first.

Assume that everyone is out to dick with you, and for larger purchases such as this, be sure of what you are buying.

Dave

gkAeris
03-10-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by FastDak318

I also think that a moderator should remove the sellers address from all posts above.

Dave

DONE!

CalgarySS
03-10-2004, 08:04 PM
Ah shoot good call. Sorry.

Super_Geo
03-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by FastDak318

That's a good point. We wouldn't want to compromise the safety of Calgary's con artist crooks.

Redlyne_mr2
03-10-2004, 08:20 PM
If mk3hks is in fact to be found at fault perhaps his full name should be mentioned rather than address just so he can't sell under another account. I guess we'll have to hear what mk3hks says hopefully he know nothing about the vehicle condition, sorry to hear about your luck CalgarySS

legendboy
03-10-2004, 08:27 PM
ya that guy sells an awful lot of "family/friend owned" cars. their probably curbing, which is againsed the law. i almost got sued 2 times and amvic was calling for me when i quit. I'm not saying that he rolled the od back, but most curbers do it. if you can't find any local service records for it, chances are it was rolled back ;)

CalgarySS
03-10-2004, 08:29 PM
Hollywood, I cannot agree more.

I have purchased many vehicles over the past dozen years and not had any problem. I am quite good at estimating and assessing the worth/condition/etc of vehicles.

In this instance, I did not do as thorough an inspection as I should have. The point of this post is not to showcase my ability/inability to gauge the worth of this particular vehicle, but to stop this from happening to anyone else.

Gonthro
03-10-2004, 08:52 PM
when it comes to this stuff, you gotta get it in writing, otherwise its your word agians his, most bill of sales should say, something to the effect of "the seller acknowledges the car to be clear and free of all major defects" it has that on the ones at the auctions... that way you can prove that he said the car worked great.... otherwise, all you have is, i said he said, and that dont hold up.

but i still wouldn't take it laying down, i'd call one of thoes free counsultation lawyers

kevie88
03-10-2004, 08:55 PM
There is a big lesson to be learned by the things that have happened to people like CalgarySS and me, I too have been a victim of a huge ass-raping over a car I bought sight-unseen while trusting someone elses word.. Luckily I can fix any problem myself, so the cash outlay hasn't been too bad, but I have over 100 hours of personal labor into my car to repair all the problems that it came with..

The lesson is, and I really can't put it into words any 'blunter' than this...

GET THE CAR INSPECTED BEFORE YOU BUY!! DO NOT TRUST ANYONE'S WORD! THEY ARE LYING TO YOU TO MAKE A SALE!!

If you approach a vehicle sale like this every time (even if it's someone you know, or family!) you can never be burned.

Ben
03-10-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by kevie88

GET THE CAR INSPECTED BEFORE YOU BUY!! DO NOT TRUST ANYONE'S WORD! THEY ARE LYING TO YOU TO MAKE A SALE!!

I cannot emphasize this enough. I got fucked bad on my last car. Guy said it was all fine and dandy, all was great, yet would only meet at night in the dark after shops were closed, so that I couldn't take it fr an inspection, or see how bad the rust really was. The car was not registered or insured so I couldn't drive it anywhere. Said everything was in working order, just tuned blah blah blah. 2 weeks later the tranny seals went and I was out a few grand.

Lesson Learned.

googe
03-10-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro
when it comes to this stuff, you gotta get it in writing, otherwise its your word agians his, most bill of sales should say, something to the effect of &quot;the seller acknowledges the car to be clear and free of all major defects&quot; it has that on the ones at the auctions... that way you can prove that he said the car worked great.... otherwise, all you have is, i said he said, and that dont hold up.

but i still wouldn't take it laying down, i'd call one of thoes free counsultation lawyers

hold on here, we DO have it in writing. anything he has said is stored on beyonds servers, might be able to use that to your advantage?

JordanLotoski
03-10-2004, 10:48 PM
dood, those are the breaks of buying a 3000 car......shitty luck, hope u get it worked out

legereandrew4
03-10-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by googe

hold on here, we DO have it in writing. anything he has said is stored on beyonds servers, might be able to use that to your advantage?

dont think so, no proof he wrote any of it... i dunno for sure

5.9 R/T
03-10-2004, 11:32 PM
Hears the deal from someone who bought a car and went through the same thing you did. Did he say no problems? Yes. Can you proove otherwise (that the car had/has serious issues that the seller knew about but were not apparent on the test drive)? Yes. Take that car to a mechanic right now and get a full estimate done on the car. Then go to small claims and file a suit.

I have gone through the EXACT same experience, bought a talon without inspection under the assumption it was 'ok' seller said no problems. Turns out motor and tranny were both toast... Took him to small claims court and got all my money back with interest plus I got to keep the car.

Record of sale said AS IS...

CPS will not do diddly squat for you but you may want to file a report with them so they have him on file.

method
03-10-2004, 11:43 PM
:(

that stinks... I'd never be able to sell a car to someone that I thought had problems with it. I almost bought a 97 240sx from charlesglen a long time ago, they told us it had nothing and it turned out it had been totalled TWICE..

I mean there's some things that are out of people's hands and they dont know that things were wrong before they sold the car, but if I knew that there was stuff seriously wrong with the car, I couldn't just unload it on someone unaware.

the used car industry is a hideous bitch goddess :(

MK3HKS
03-11-2004, 12:03 AM
ok, man i missed lots......:thumbsdow

lets get this straight , the km's arent rolled back as some of you said, i dont do that shit, u can go to registry's or dealerships or where ever the hell u want because i didnt roll it back, THIS CAR WAS RUNNING PERFECT AND HAD NO PROBLEMS WHILE I OWNED IT, the only problem we both noticed was the lil ding on the door,

you fucked it up and now u want ur money back:rolleyes:
ok der buddy, good luck:thumbsup:

i have ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING CLUE what YOU have done with the car so i cant trust you and purchase it back from you, its a suckers deal

i even gave the key to your hand and let you start it up look around it and check engine for odd noises/shimmies, TEST DRIVE it and had no problem if you brought a mechanic to check it out, but i aint gonna force you to:dunno: , i just let you do whatever you want and you found no problems and thas why you purchased the car, if you purchased the car at night then i would have a lil bit more respect but IT WAS DAYLIGHT FOR FUCK SAKE, i thought you looked at it properly, i told you all the info i know;)
and you even turned the bill of sale around and looked at it and if you werent bliind, the you prolly saw where it said "SOLD AS IS"
:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

googe
03-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by legereandrew4

dont think so, no proof he wrote any of it... i dunno for sure

really there is though. the meeting was arranged via PMs on beyond, and he was at the agreed location, at that date and time, and made the transaction.

he would have to deny that he was logged into beyond, and that he had no idea anyone was coming to buy the car, and that he was just waiting at that time for random people to show up his house and buy the car, coincidentally.

any small claims court would see this is proof beyond reasonable doubt. personally, i think you have a case. if most of this was done over the phone, you might be screwed. but its all right here in writing, and him coming up with a plausible excuse why he didnt write any of that, yet his behavior is in line with someones that would have had to have been aware of the conversations, is unlikely.

Redlyne_mr2
03-11-2004, 12:06 AM
Its sad that we cant trust one another, Ive never had a bad experience like that. I always look for the best in people

MK3HKS
03-11-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Papageorgio
I agree with cocoabravo, this is the second shaddy car mk3hks has tried to sell on Beyond. The first was a turbo supra which from my understanding was a pile of garbage. I wouldnt trust mk3hks as far as I could throw him. I dont know what it is but he just gives me a bad feeling. He isnt a reputable Beyond member at all. In his add he said he had a tuneup...wtf.. the cap was worn and the plugs were old. What would make a 117K car burn oil? Theres no way that mileage is legit

dont talk anymore!! u ignorant fuckin newb
:guns:

that supra had 3x as much money put into it then the price i sold it for, ask ppl who knew that car, i didnt let JDMakkord take it to a shop because there were other ppl interested and i didnt have time to let him take it, if he brought a mechanic i would be ok;)

meanwhile STFU...

Originally posted by Boost Infested
from his previous for sale posts, i think MK3HKS is a cockroach!:thumbsdow

your a fuckin cockroach, dont post stupid shit when u havent heared both sides:thumbsup:

finboy
03-11-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Ben

I cannot emphasize this enough. I got fucked bad on my last car. Guy said it was all fine and dandy, all was great, yet would only meet at night in the dark after shops were closed, so that I couldn't take it fr an inspection, or see how bad the rust really was. The car was not registered or insured so I couldn't drive it anywhere. Said everything was in working order, just tuned blah blah blah. 2 weeks later the tranny seals went and I was out a few grand.

Lesson Learned.

again, sorry i set that one up, as far as i knew the car was in good shape from the previous previous owner. i still feel like shit for that :(

another tip for you gord, before you buy something, do a search of the sellers previous posts. its time consuming, but had you done it in this case you would have found that he tried to fuck over another board member as well.

i do this with many people, as the records don't lie. just because someone is a board veteran, doesn't mean they weren't fucking someone over before ;).

ryder_23
03-11-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by MK3HKS

your a fuckin cockroach, dont post stupid shit when u havent heared both sides:thumbsup:

Hes probably doing it from what hes seen before...just let him state his opinion like u just stated yours, your both cockroachs...you dont have to come on here cursing your ass off, so what if he said this, if hes wrong, just let it slide...dont have to defend yourself like ur being tried on murder, you can do it in a better way then that...what he said already made you look bad, nothing you can do to fix that, cursing your ass off makes you look worst...

just both settle this together...it sounds like it was sold as is, so theres nothing to settle...he shoulda gotten it inspected

403Gemini
03-11-2004, 12:16 AM

dont talk anymore!! u ignorant fuckin newb
:guns:

that supra had 3x as much money put into it then the price i sold it for, ask ppl who knew that car, i didnt let JDMakkord take it to a shop because there were other ppl interested and i didnt have time to let him take it, if he brought a mechanic i would be ok;)

meanwhile STFU...

*snip*

1st of all
just cause hes a newb doesnt mean he doesnt know anything about cars, let alone coulda been another member on this forum

2nd of all
we all don't know mechanics. you say your dad is a mechanic yet the "tune up" done left the old spark plugs and wires... PLEASE explain that... believe me we're all waiting to hear that

3rd of all
if you dont want somebody to take a car to the mechanic because of "other buyers" thats bs, your scared of something and hiding it.

your reputation isnt getting any better with your name calling

:thumbsdow

MK3HKS
03-11-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by finboy

he tried to fuck over another board member as well.

HOW???, because he didnt know the value of the car and the mods on it??

this is gettin to the point where i dont wanna post in this thread no more because of ignorant fucks who assume shit from what they hear :guns: :guns:

PLEASE PLEASE, IAM BEGGING SOME OF YOU BEYOND MEMBERS NOT TO POST STUPID IGNORANT POSTS AGAIN, BECAUSE I JUST FEEL LIKE LAUGHING EVERYTIME I SEE IT
:rofl:

googe
03-11-2004, 12:23 AM
dude, stop acting like a typical 16 year old.

88CRX
03-11-2004, 12:28 AM
<grabs a bear and some popcorn>

this could get interesting.

403Gemini
03-11-2004, 12:28 AM

this is gettin to the point where i dont wanna post in this thread no more because of ignorant fucks who assume shit from what they hear :guns: :guns:

PLEASE PLEASE, IAM BEGGING SOME OF YOU BEYOND MEMBERS NOT TO POST STUPID IGNORANT POSTS AGAIN, BECAUSE I JUST FEEL LIKE LAUGHING EVERYTIME I SEE IT

ignorant? least these "ignorant" people arent gettin the horrid rep. i dont know who i feel worse for, buddy who got screwed or you for now gettin the seriously smashed rep

MK3HKS
03-11-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by googe
dude, stop acting like a typical 16 year old.

ok w/e iam just gonna stop posting in this useless thread...keep thinkin iam the bad guy even tho i let him check it over himself :dunno:

w/e i dont give a fuck what SOME of you think, so keep talkin your bullshit because i aint responding:thumbsup:

403Gemini
03-11-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX
&lt;grabs a bear and some popcorn&gt;

this could get interesting.
a bear?! shit your brave *hands you a beEr and cracks open one myself* this is good hey?

403Gemini
03-11-2004, 12:30 AM

ok w/e iam just gonna stop posting in this useless thread...keep thinkin iam the bad guy even tho i let him check it over himself :dunno:

w/e i dont give a fuck what SOME of you think, so keep talkin your bullshit because i aint responding:thumbsup:

ANSWER ME! WE ALL WANNA KNOW

why the fuck werent the spark plugs changed or the wires? anybody can do it on any car. fuck a 12 yr old can do it

MK3HKS
03-11-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

ignorant? least these &quot;ignorant&quot; people arent gettin the horrid rep. i dont know who i feel worse for, buddy who got screwed or you for now gettin the seriously smashed rep

sorry ppl, last post
:thumbsup:

but that still doesnt change that fact that your an ignorant fool:dunno:

MK3HKS
03-11-2004, 12:35 AM

ANSWER ME! WE ALL WANNA KNOW

why the fuck werent the spark plugs changed or the wires? anybody can do it on any car. fuck a 12 yr old can do it

ooooooooo.. so when i need the money badly you want me to change EVERY single thing in the car so it looks like it came out of the factory brand new so i can owe even more money??, stfu its a not a 2004

:bullshit:

finboy
03-11-2004, 12:37 AM

from memory, the tranny was fucked, it had head gasket issues (failing multiple times by the account of other reputable 3rd gen supra owners who knew the car), and you refused to let him have it inspected.

403Gemini
03-11-2004, 12:37 AM

ooooooooo.. so when i need the money badly you want me to change EVERY single thing in the car so it looks like it came out of the factory brand new, stfu its a not a 2004

:bullshit:

you said your dads a mechanic. are you aware what is included in a "tune up"? how often do you give cars an oil change? and shit you cant pitch $50 for part of a tune up? man i change my plugs and wires every 2nd-3rd tune up, i dont leave em for 9 yrs!!!

what EXACTALLY was done in this tune up? post it plz, we all wanna know

Hash_man
03-11-2004, 12:39 AM
3rd of all
if you dont want somebody to take a car to the mechanic because of "other buyers" thats bs, your scared of something and hiding it.

your reputation isnt getting any better with your name calling

I 100% agree... If someone is serious about buying a car, you would let them take it to a shop. As others said, most people dont know mechanics, and therefore couldnt get one to come down with them.. And there are things you can see while a car is up in the air on a hoist, that could never be seen in a driveway "inspection".

And why have you still not answered the questions regarding the spark plugs and wires... sounds like you are trying to avoid this because they were never changed. Yet you still told the buyer of the car that they were.

I say take this kid to court Gord, I think with the PM's and everything wrong with the car, you may have a case on your hands, so go for it.

403Gemini
03-11-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Hash_man

I 100% agree... If someone is serious about buying a car, you would let them take it to a shop. As others said, most people dont know mechanics, and therefore couldnt get one to come down with them.. And there are things you can see while a car is up in the air on a hoist, that could never be seen in a driveway &quot;inspection&quot;.

And why have you still not answered the questions regarding the spark plugs and wires... sounds like you are trying to avoid this because they were never changed. Yet you still told the buyer of the car that they were.

I say take this kid to court Gord, I think with the PM's and everything wrong with the car, you may have a case on your hands, so go for it.

:werd:

u definatly have all of our support saying hes being difficult to even get straight answers out of.

Hash_man
03-11-2004, 12:41 AM
Oh, and also... if these are your "families ( brother, sister..etc)" cars, then why are you so desperate for this money from selling them.... I smell B.S.... and it sounds to me like you are curbing cars.

JordanLotoski
03-11-2004, 12:46 AM
so what if he is....he wasnt holding a gun to this guys head..i know if i was buying a used car for 3000 id expect ..well pretty mucha winter beater......gotta be careful when buying used garbage!!

Ben
03-11-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by finboy

again, sorry i set that one up, as far as i knew the car was in good shape from the previous previous owner. i still feel like shit for that :(

dont worry about it, wasn't your fault man, I woulda been screwed if you wern't there.

Wildcat
03-11-2004, 12:52 AM
Wildcat's advice: FUCK HIM UP.

i know if i was out 3 large id be making some nice cement boots and dangling a couple curbing bitches above the bow river, ski mask style yo!

Weapon_R
03-11-2004, 12:55 AM
The bandwagon is full - this isn't a "Let's bash MK3HKS" thread, enough is enough - The seller advertised a vehicle for sale, and the buyer had the right and responsibility to inspect the vehicle. I'm going to leave this thread open, only because it will allow the two members to work out their problems in the open, but as for the rest of you who are here to bash MK3HKS, stay out.

finboy
03-11-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Ben

dont worry about it, wasn't your fault man, I woulda been screwed if you wern't there.

if you still want a hand getting some axles, feel free to pm me, i have all the tools needed, had to rebolt mine twice, stupid vw :rolleyes:

403Gemini
03-11-2004, 12:58 AM
The bandwagon is full - this isn't a &quot;Let's bash MK3HKS&quot; thread, enough is enough - The seller advertised a vehicle for sale, and the buyer had the right and responsibility to inspect the vehicle. I'm going to leave this thread open, only because it will allow the two members to work out their problems in the open, but as for the rest of you who are here to bash MK3HKS, stay out.

true, sry bout that weapon, just thought only way to get answers would be to drill him and ask them straight up front. i hate it when people dodge my questions when im buying a car so i was just trying to help.

sry again ill stay outta it

Weapon_R
03-11-2004, 01:00 AM

true, sry bout that weapon, just thought only way to get answers would be to drill him and ask them straight up front. i hate it when people dodge my questions when im buying a car so i was just trying to help.

sry again ill stay outta it

lol, no worries, but let's try and keep the thread open ;)

MK3HKS
03-11-2004, 01:07 AM

i hate it when people dodge my questions when im buying a car

then you dont buy

;)

kenny
03-11-2004, 01:08 AM

lol, no worries, but let's try and keep the thread open ;)

Since this thread is going nowhere, there is no reason to have it continue because all we are going to get is posts about how ignorant person A is and that person B is yadda yadda yadda.

The parties involved will have to settle it themselves. If users have some constructive comments to post, they can start a new thread but as far as I'm concerned the topic regarding MK3HKS and the sale of the car is over with both sides sharing what they have to say.

To MK3HKS's defence, he did sell the car AS-IS and the car was test driven before the purchase. In fact, CalgarySS did leave positive feedback at first saying the car was excellent.

However, I have to close this thread because I know where its goign to go.